As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Chat]nequa don't live here no mo'

• Options
    GrifterGrifter BermudaModerator mod
    PROX wrote:
    I'm waiting on word from my job ap and it is driving me up the wall nuts. I'm so nervous.

Good luck, dude!

• Options
    DirtyDirtyVagrantDirtyDirtyVagrant Registered User regular
    Guys, web design is kind of hard.

• Options
    ProspicienceProspicience The Raven King DenvemoloradoRegistered User regular
    Grats grif! And best of luck Prox, you a talented mofo, you'll get it.

• Options
    KochikensKochikens Registered User regular
    edited February 2012
    you're tellin' me

I just redid mine

and am also waiting to hear back on a Job App, but I think I'll start applying around to other places too.

Kochikens on
  • Options
    Kochi, that link just points to the first page of this thread.

• Options
    melting_dollmelting_doll Registered User regular
    Bfflrglhffrblphtttthhhbt

Everytime someone leaves the store someone else walks in, keeping me from being able to escape to the bathroom. I haven't been able to go for 7 hours and 90% of the time it's because one or two people just feel like wandering around for an hour and not buy anything. FFFFFFFFFFFF

• Options
    That is horrible.

• Options
    AND

people keep asking me about prices of stuff high up on our wall so I have to climb on a stool in a skirt and they only want to know because they ALREADY OWN IT and want to know if they can ebay it for anything but it still means risking injury because I'm a klutz =_=

Phew

• Options
    this chatthread is my new site

• Options
    ProspicienceProspicience The Raven King DenvemoloradoRegistered User regular
    edited February 2012
    Best site ever, I hear the people on your site are pretty happenin'

Prospicience on
  • Options
    earthwormadamearthwormadam ancient crust Registered User regular
    i heat it's where all the cool kids hang

• Options
    NappuccinoNappuccino Surveyor of Things and Stuff Registered User regular
    I want a new site

this one bores me.

Like to write? Want to get e-published? Give us a look-see at http://wednesdaynightwrites.com/
    Rorus Raz wrote: »
    There's also the possibility you just can't really grow a bear like other guys.

Not even BEAR vaginas can defeat me!
    cakemikz wrote: »
    And then I rub actual cake on myself.
    Loomdun wrote: »
    thats why you have chest helmets
  • Options
    TamTam Registered User regular
    that's because you're boring

el toro boro

• Options
    farbekriegfarbekrieg Registered User regular
    AND

people keep asking me about prices of stuff high up on our wall so I have to climb on a stool in a skirt and they only want to know because they ALREADY OWN IT and want to know if they can ebay it for anything but it still means risking injury because I'm a klutz =_=

Phew

yes already own it... thats why we want you up on top of a stool in a skirt

• Options
    TamTam Registered User regular
    edited February 2012
    MD I don't understand why you don't hit those people
    like just hit them in the face really hard

also, you should submit some of your grievances to Our Valued Customers

Tam on
  • Options
    farbekrieg wrote:
    AND

Phew

yes already own it... thats why we want you up on top of a stool in a skirt

Personally, I'd rather not stand directly underneath anyone who hadn't been to the bathroom all day. D:

• Options
    NicNic Registered User regular

Personally, I'd rather not stand directly underneath anyone who hadn't been to the bathroom all day. D:

This person speaks the sensible speak.
    Myself, I'm looking for a second job until hours pick up at the restaurant I currently work. Just applied at Starbucks for part time.

On an unrelated note, I didn't see anything in the rules about this, but would it be best if I resurrected my old art thread (a scant two pages long!) instead of starting a new one?

• Options
    Angel_of_BaconAngel_of_Bacon Moderator mod
    edited February 2012
    Nic wrote:
    On an unrelated note, I didn't see anything in the rules about this, but would it be best if I resurrected my old art thread (a scant two pages long!) instead of starting a new one?

I'd say either is fine, at this point.

EDIT: If I thought the Ralph Bakshi/Frank Frazetta (with backgrounds by James Gurney and a pre-sellout Thomas Kinkaide) film "Fire and Ice" was pretty dull for the first 10 minutes, is it worth powering through and watching the rest of it? It feels like one of those things that sounds really cool in theory ("An epic animated fantasy movie designed by Frank Frazetta, how could that go wrong?"), but in actual execution is just not very good.

Also that 10 minutes seemed to have a surprising number of shots weirdly composed to draw focus to crotches- either through doing upshots on dudes and neanderthals climbing through trees or just a some girl laying around talking, crotch dead center in the frame. It's far and away the most crotch-shot oriented PG rated movie I've ever seen.

EDIT2: Wow I've accomplished an impressive amount of nothing today.

Angel_of_Bacon on
  • Options
    SiegfriedSiegfried Registered User regular
    This is the book I was talking about awhile ago, with the photos and the cartoonists and the studios hurrrr

Portfolio // Twitter // Behance // Tumblr
    Kochikens wrote:
    My fav is when I can get my kiss on with other dudes.
  • Options
    RankenphileRankenphile Passersby were amazed by the unusually large amounts of blood.Registered User, Moderator mod
    I sort of made this by accident today and I can't get over how much I love it.

StuWalk01.gif

8406wWN.png
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    Hm. Netflix recommended me a Korean action film called "The Man from Nowhere."

It was pretty alright, if you like bloody revenge films like Man on Fire. Really sad ending though.

DirtyDirtyVagrant on
  • Options
    Tam wrote:
    MD I don't understand why you don't hit those people
    like just hit them in the face really hard

also, you should submit some of your grievances to Our Valued Customers

Oh believe me, pushing people on to the ground out the door crosses my mind pretty often (; I finally got a chance to go about an hour after I posted. As for the skirt comment Farbe, I wear shorts under them when I work so I don't have to worry too much about those things ;D It was more of an annoyance because the skirt just makes it hard to climb up and I get nervous doing it.

And whoever said Ghost Rider 2 was good is a troll. It's terrible. But it's better than the first in the sense it was awful to the point of entertaining, where as #1 was just plain crummy. Lots of laughs.

Man AoB, I miss days where I could accomplish nothing. After almost a year of doing it, I'm finally ready to stop working 7 days a week. I can live off of one job instead of two, but I would hate to quit and wish I hadn't. It's such a hard decision! Though after working 60 hours this coming week (my client's on school vacation) with still no day off in sight will very likely lean me towards quitting and just working at the comic shop. Even just thinking about it is making me strongly consider it.

• Options
    Spectre-xSpectre-x Rating: AWESOME YESRegistered User regular
    I am not a troll and Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance is a super fun movie.

• Options
    MagicToasterMagicToaster JapanRegistered User regular
    Who has worked with fancybox jquery before? I need help!

• Options
    troll sycophant whatever.

• Options
    SaintElmosWireSaintElmosWire Registered User regular

StuWalk01.gif

This is mesmerizing :P

MvViV.jpg
  • Options
    bombardierbombardier Moderator mod

StuWalk01.gif

OCD sidwalk-crack-avoiding walker?

• Options
    RankenphileRankenphile Passersby were amazed by the unusually large amounts of blood.Registered User, Moderator mod
    The "sidewalk" is just the ground plane and a cylinder that I used to track how fast his feet need to move to avoid sliding around on the ground when he walks. It isn't even supposed to be in the shot at all, it's there just as reference and gets removed before exporting for our game. That gif was an accident, I was setting up a camera and lighting rig to render out PNG sequences of his head and shoulders as he did some basic dialog animations, and I did a test batch render but selected the wrong camera and that was the result.

8406wWN.png
  • Options
    Tam wrote:
    that's because you're boring

el toro boro

Wait... so you're saying that I'm the new site?

Like to write? Want to get e-published? Give us a look-see at http://wednesdaynightwrites.com/

• Options
    if abe lincoln is a vampire hunter, i wonder what other famous celebrities fight monsters in their spare time.

morgan freeman should totally be a blackula hunter

• Options
    edited February 2012
    Hey guys, that charity auction end in a few hours and theres still a lot of rad stuff like art up for grabs and I know you sexy folk like art
    and name changes

http://solidsaints.com/auctions/
    http://solidsaints.com/personalized-caricature/?auction_id=17

Kochikens on
  • Options
    MagicToasterMagicToaster JapanRegistered User regular
    farbekrieg wrote:
    if abe lincoln is a vampire hunter, i wonder what other famous celebrities fight monsters in their spare time.

morgan freeman should totally be a blackula hunter

He is a blackula.

• Options
    rtsrts Registered User regular
    Quiet Kochi! I don't want to bid against anyone else!

• Options
    Can I commision one of you guys for some web assets? Just a header and some buttons.

• Options
    whatcha lookin for?

Also Morgan Freeman really needs to be that dude from the Order of the Triads, if they make a Venture Bros live action movie. I would totally go see a live action Venture Bros if it was done correctly.

• Options
    Not really sure. Just something moderately professional looking with the font and the logo and the something or other. I think the best thing I can do for site navigation would just be a handful of button in a nice neat little row, similar to the way the buttons are arranged atop google's page. I just want it to be super simple but also polished.

• Options
    whatcha lookin for?

Also Morgan Freeman really needs to be that dude from the Order of the Triads, if they make a Venture Bros live action movie. I would totally go see a live action Venture Bros if it was done correctly.

Have you seen the bonus feature where they have the different voice actors dress up in character and do in-character interviews?

It is pretty shocking how much some of them look "right" and it is the only way I think they should do a live action movie.

• Options
    I haven't seen that Nap, but now I am intrigued.

DAMN i don't want to work tomorrow. Or ever.

• Options
    I haven't seen that Nap, but now I am intrigued.

DAMN i don't want to work tomorrow. Or ever.

isnt tomorrow presidents day? who works on holidays?

• Options
    I work at a retirement community, so I work regardless of holidays. (Xmas/thanksgiving/easter) At least on those holidays I get paid extra though.

This discussion has been closed.