As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Let's talk about drugs, baby

• Options
    balerbowerbalerbower Registered User regular
    maybe it's because i had one of those overpowered, 40x dosages of salvia, but salvia's not what i would call a fun drug. hell, you'll be far away from bored but so far past the opposite end of the spectrum that you'll wish some aspects of the trip were a bit closer to mundane. shit's cray cray is what i'm saying.

• Options
    Zombies Tossed My Salad!Zombies Tossed My Salad! Registered User regular
    Oh it wont be my first salvia experience. I've done it a few times before. I'm just wary of doing psycadelics when not having a balanced mental state.

The two other times I've done it haven't been awful and have made for some awesome stories. But I don't want to be tripping crazy balls and then have a fucking panic attack

• Options
    Zombies Tossed My Salad!Zombies Tossed My Salad! Registered User regular
    Oh yeah, it's 100x too

• Options
    FandyienFandyien But Otto, what about us? Registered User regular
    i fucking hate salvia so much, it's one of the few hallucinogens i would characterize as inherently unpleasant. like, instead of being a neutral thing that magnifies emotion, it makes me feel straight up bad

i wouldn't recommend the extract, but some people like it. my buddy that loves DMT really enjoyed it, i guess absurdly intense short trips appeal to some people. they can be revelatory but i don't dig it

drank a red bull and a steel reserve. not drunk, just tipsy, not tired, just chillin'

i am truly a young person *bong hit*

reposig.jpg
  • Options
    Metzger MeisterMetzger Meister It Gets Worse before it gets any better.Registered User regular
    Salvia is legal so silly little high school kids try it, flip the fuck out and then never try any other drug ever.

• Options
    edited April 2012
    my trip sitter put on a song while i took salvia, which was a bad thing

when the salvia hit me, a one second clip of the song began to loop again and again

i then took on this feeling that i can best describe as my whole jaw being connected with space, and every time i opened and closed my mouth, space itself would contract, kinda like an accordion.

it was... pretty uncomfortable. freakiest part about it was that i thought i was looking all around the room during my trip. trip sitter said i was perfectly still just staring at the wall.

balerbower on
  • Options
    salvia feels really phsyically uncomfortable

nothing about it, as a drug experience, is pleasant

reposig.jpg
  • Options
    reality: sweaty person with crazy eyes stumbles to couch, forgets about it

the gulf between perception and reality when people are tripping is hilariously bizzare

reposig.jpg
  • Options
    the eeriest salvia trip story i've heard was from an ex-pot dealer i knew back in college

about four or five friends were over his apartment and he took a hit of salvia out in the balcony. he immediately was teleported back into the living room and he was sitting on the couch. there was a frighteningly complete silence over the whole room.

he had a vision of his friends sitting on the couch, perfectly still, looking out at nothing with glazed eyes, mumbling something soundlessly as if possessed.

• Options
    tuggatugga Makin' movies Makin' songsRegistered User regular
    Salvia is legal so silly little high school kids try it, flip the fuck out and then never try any other drug ever.

this is kinda how i feel after trying 2c-i on my 21st

never touched anything harder than weed since

• Options
    I Win SwordfightsI Win Swordfights all the traits of greatness starlight at my feetRegistered User regular
    tugga wrote: »

this is kinda how i feel after trying 2c-i on my 21st

never touched anything harder than weed since

Ain't nothing wrong with that

lfYVHTd.png
  • Options
    B_RB_R Registered User regular
    2C-E is a straigt way to a psychosis. 2C-I is better I guess?

• Options
    Tommy2HandsTommy2Hands what is this where am i Registered User regular
    indeed

8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
  • Options
    WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    hahaha

haha

ha

• Options
    StaleghotiStaleghoti Registered User regular
    Got some purple kush last night

what is it about purple weed that makes it seem better

tmmysta-sig.png2wT1Q.gifYAH!YAH!STEAMYoutubeMixesPSN: Clintown
    Dear satan I wish for this or maybe some of this....oh and I'm a medium or a large.
  • Options
    I like 2c-E more then I

it's all imagination expanding and stuff in a way i've never noticed with anything else

reposig.jpg
  • Options
    Metzger MeisterMetzger Meister It Gets Worse before it gets any better.Registered User regular
    Staleghoti wrote: »
    Got some purple kush last night

what is it about purple weed that makes it seem better

Man, I had some Granddaddy Purps once that straight up tasted like some grape koolaid.

• Options
    purple weed is the best

i have some pretty goddamn good weed right now, but it literally smells like an unwashed penis with skunk juice on it

reposig.jpg
  • Options
    The Cow KingThe Cow King a island Registered User regular
    So I have a question I'm pretty sure I already know the answer to.

Recently found out there is a bit of schizophrenia in my dads side of the family and I have some sort of wonderful mental illness since I was young.

So I should pretty never touch pyscadelics correct? Weeds bad enough in this context.

icGJy2C.png
  • Options
    SoaLSoaL fantastic Registered User regular
    As a not-doctor, I have heard weed would put you at risk for goin all schizophrenic. No idea about psychedelics

As a drug user: Moon and Primer are such cool movies holy shit

everyone get some drugs in their system and watch em

DKFA7.gif
  • Options
    I've always heard that taking hallucinogens can make latent psychological things like schizophrenia manifest themselves, sorta like if it's gonna happen eventually, hallucinogens can make it happen early and worse?

I dunno I had a friend in high school who moved to the city to go to college, got addicted to crack (we think? he was on a lot of stuff, hiding it), then shrooms/acid every day for a week and went crazy. literally crazy. asking people to buy him cigarettes and then becoming genuinely terrified that we were hiding crack in his unopened packs of smokes (even though he loved crack), just becoming paranoid and weird.

went from the nicest guy ever, just a wonderful nice dude we all loved, to owing all of us ~200-$2000 each and being so crazy he had to move back home and as far as we know he's slowly becoming sane again

reposig.jpg
  • Options
    The Cow KingThe Cow King a island Registered User regular
    Interesting.

And yeah soal I've read reports on that before while smoking a bowl and I was all just like fuuuuck.

Ill ask my doctor when I go in a month but I was curious.

If I find my self on a one way trip to crazy Ill be sure to write a journal about it.

icGJy2C.png
  • Options
    B_RB_R Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Fandyien wrote: »
    I've always heard that taking hallucinogens can make latent psychological things like schizophrenia manifest themselves, sorta like if it's gonna happen eventually, hallucinogens can make it happen early and worse?

Hallucinogens can turn you into a vegetable really fast if you don't pay attention, even if you don't have any latent problems.

B_R on
  • Options
    DislexicDislexic Creepy Uncle Bad Touch Your local playgroundRegistered User regular
    they work for a lot of people

not for me

turns out i'm bipolar

turns out that explained a lot of things

Yeah, it took a looong time for me to get diagnosed as such, and once I started on a bi-polar medication rather than just an anti-depressent, holy shit that leveled out fast.

batsig.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    B_R wrote: »
    Fandyien wrote: »

Hallucinogens can turn you into a vegetable really fast if you don't pay attention, even if you don't have any latent problems.

well not really, considering you have to be paying attention to take them and you really shouldn't be taking serious hallucinogens more than once in the same week, let alone month or so

it's like, even the dumbest of human beings would have some modicum of control over their usage

Tommy2Hands on
    8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
  • Options
    I Win SwordfightsI Win Swordfights all the traits of greatness starlight at my feetRegistered User regular
    Dislexic wrote: »

not for me

turns out i'm bipolar

Yeah, it took a looong time for me to get diagnosed as such, and once I started on a bi-polar medication rather than just an anti-depressent, holy shit that leveled out fast.

Oh, yeah, absolutely

When I forget my meds for a few days and slip back into it

It fucking shocks me how bad it was

And I feel so thankful I found lamictal

lfYVHTd.png
  • Options
    DislexicDislexic Creepy Uncle Bad Touch Your local playgroundRegistered User regular

not for me

turns out i'm bipolar

Oh, yeah, absolutely

What dosage are you on? Because if you miss your dose for more than a day or so, it's REALLY dangerous to go back to your normal dose, especially if it's fairly high. Can WRECK (or at least severely strain) your kidneys, liver, and/or heart

batsig.jpg
  • Options

not for me

turns out i'm bipolar

Oh, yeah, absolutely

What dosage are you on? Because if you miss your dose for more than a day or so, it's REALLY dangerous to go back to your normal dose, especially if it's fairly high. Can WRECK (or at least severely strain) your kidneys, liver, and/or heart

i'm on 200

and hahaha well

i do that probably a couple times a month, sometimes after two or three days of missing it

lfYVHTd.png
  • Options

not for me

turns out i'm bipolar

Oh, yeah, absolutely

i'm on 200

and hahaha well

i do that probably a couple times a month, sometimes after two or three days of missing it

Yeah, I'd stop that pretty damn quick. It'll catch up with you.

batsig.jpg
  • Options
    hahah thanks for the warning dude, that's pretty good to know

the only warning i got from the doctor was that it increased my chance of SJS

lfYVHTd.png
  • Options
    hahah thanks for the warning dude, that's pretty good to know

the only warning i got from the doctor was that it increased my chance of SJS

The lady at the free mental health clinic who originally prescribed it to me wasn't there for more than a few days. She put me on 50mg hydroxyzine, which put me on my ass for the next full day. And she jumped me from 100mg at the end of the starter pack up to 300mg. The pharmacy lady there said "no way, that'll probably kill you" when she filled it. While I never got confirmation, I'm 99% sure that lady was asked to leave for over-medicating people.

batsig.jpg
  • Options
    gat damn dude

lfYVHTd.png
  • Options
    Mortal SkyMortal Sky queer punk hedge witchRegistered User regular
    Swordfights, I find it a little crazy that you're the same age as me and on a gazillion times more drugs.
    Not judging you at all, mind you.

• Options
    pfffff

i'm really not

well

i smoke weed most of the time

but i've only fucked around with psychadelics a few times, went through a whole painkiller thing but I'm (mostly) clean

I'm prescribed benzos

That's really about it

I mean the painkillers got bad

Real bad

But i'm cool now

Plus I have straight As and am getting a job probably in the next week, just gotta wait for the call

So you can do a bunch of drugs and still be successful

Don't let nobody tell you otherwise

lfYVHTd.png
  • Options
    ProjeckProjeck Registered User regular
    I do drugs every day now-a-days and I'm not sure how to feel about it

I wanna make a cartoon music video for the song Oldie

• Options
    oh god braden please please please do

also yeah same re: ^

lfYVHTd.png
  • Options
    I'd do it for sure if I were confident that it would get some circulation

But idk

• Options
    A while, I'm not sure. A few months.

• Options
    well

how long do you think it'll take

cuz

i'm sorta kinda tumblr famous and i'm making my come back soon

lfYVHTd.png
  • Options
    by that he means he is going to be assaulted by various disgruntled online women

8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
This discussion has been closed.