Options

Let's talk about drugs, baby

• Options
    FandyienFandyien But Otto, what about us? Registered User regular
    this thread is about good things like illegal drugs

not reprehensible things like rage comics

reposig.jpg
  • Options
    Metzger MeisterMetzger Meister It Gets Worse before it gets any better.Registered User regular
    Seriously though legalize.

• Options
    Zombies Tossed My Salad!Zombies Tossed My Salad! Registered User regular
    So, tell me about Zoloft

• Options
    So, tell me about Zoloft

Zoloft is pretty worthless, at least it was for me

I was on 200mg(I think?) a night for two years, and I think that's when I was most depressed. I mean obviously your mileage will vary depending, but it didn't do shit for me other then making it harder to bust a nut

Maybe I'm just not actually depressed or something, but SSRI's were such a waste I can't recommend the experience

reposig.jpg
  • Options
    I Win SwordfightsI Win Swordfights all the traits of greatness starlight at my feetRegistered User regular
    they work for a lot of people

not for me

turns out i'm bipolar

turns out that explained a lot of things

lfYVHTd.png
  • Options
    Mortal SkyMortal Sky queer punk hedge witchRegistered User regular
    Buying my first eighth next week. Probably gonna make Leary Biscuits. Edibles are the best.

• Options
    an eighth is hardly enough for a good batch of edibles

get yerself a quarter, or if it's super good, get an eighth and be nice to it

reposig.jpg
  • Options
    I Win SwordfightsI Win Swordfights all the traits of greatness starlight at my feetRegistered User regular
    i would 100% always rather smoke than eat edibles

just eat snacks after you smoke!

it tastes better and you won't be completely god damn floored!

lfYVHTd.png
  • Options
    Lord_SnotLord_Snot Живу за выходные American ValhallaRegistered User regular
    Yeah, I prefer to smoke, but I do like Leary Biscuits.

• Options
    Mr FuzzbuttMr Fuzzbutt Registered User regular
    i hate smoking

i will only partake if it's in edible form

broken image link
  • Options
    AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
  • Options
    I do love smoking but I also need a less conspicuous method of consumption. Plus it's more cost effective, and especially at my tolerance level. Which is low.

Fun fact: Leary and my grandfather were total bros for a long time. Did acid at Hahvahd and everything.

• Options
    Al_watAl_wat Registered User regular
    the effects tend to last longer and take longer to kick in when you eat.

I mean that can be good or bad depending on what you want

• Options
    edibles are nice, they're a different high, like hash oil. almost no amount of weed can get me wasted, but they come close

was just at a buddies and all my friends were smoking dmt, i got offered (over and over) a big 50mg dose but man that stuff is too intense for me, i turned it down. all my friends then got wasted, rolled on the carpet for a minute, and then were so burned out they all passed out like an hour later

i thought it was p funny

reposig.jpg
  • Options
    Soooo, atavan makes me violently ill!

Puked so hard that I couldn't breathe earlier

• Options
    never do ativan

never ever

lfYVHTd.png
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    I was't "doing it" per say.

I was taking it for a panic attack that I was having

Zombies Tossed My Salad! on
  • Options
    George Fornby GrillGeorge Fornby Grill ...Like Clockwork Registered User regular
    Mortal Sky wrote: »
    I do love smoking but I also need a less conspicuous method of consumption.

Buy a vape.

• Options
    KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    I think I have a bottle of ativan lying around, I should see if it is expired

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    ativan is the worst benzo of them all

reposig.jpg
  • Options
    I was't "doing it" per say.

I was taking it for a panic attack that I was having

no, yeah, same here

i've done the whole spectrum of benzos looking for the right one that will allow me to function like a normal person

never ever do ativan

lfYVHTd.png
  • Options
    Tommy2HandsTommy2Hands what is this where am i Registered User regular
    ativan is alright I guess

8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
  • Options
    UnluckyUnlucky That's not meant to happen Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    On the Zoloft note, I take 50g a day and it's helped me stabalise a lot. I have a lot less intense mood swings and I find things to just be more mediated emotionally. Granted though, it does slow down my sex drive a fair bit, though all doctors should tell you that.

Mate of mine said 3 days off of the Zoloft then MDMA would affect me. You guys think this is true?

Edit: Do you guys have any personal tips on handling really bad acid trips? I haven't had one, but I watched a friend of mine go through it and jesus. Seems like telling them they're in control, where they are, pointing out time is passing, making sure they know everyone's still alive and so are they and letting them know they are having a bad acid trip, that's all, are key things.

Unlucky on
    Fantastic
  • Options
    makeouts and more blankets are always good for bad trips

I was really surprised I didn't freak out when grace's mom turned on I Spit On Your Grave when I was tripping balls. While admiring various OEVs I giggled at a man getting his junk cut off with hedge trimmers.

I think I might be a little fucked in the head

8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
  • Options
    YoSoyTheWalrusYoSoyTheWalrus Registered User regular
    Unlucky wrote: »
    On the Zoloft note, I take 50g a day and it's helped me stabalise a lot. I have a lot less intense mood swings and I find things to just be more mediated emotionally. Granted though, it does slow down my sex drive a fair bit, though all doctors should tell you that.

Mate of mine said 3 days off of the Zoloft then MDMA would affect me. You guys think this is true?

Edit: Do you guys have any personal tips on handling really bad acid trips? I haven't had one, but I watched a friend of mine go through it and jesus. Seems like telling them they're in control, where they are, pointing out time is passing, making sure they know everyone's still alive and so are they and letting them know they are having a bad acid trip, that's all, are key things.

SSRI's are notoriously fickle. You've really got to cycle through them to find one that works, which sucks, and even then there's a very good chance you won't find one. I went to a talk a few years ago with this visiting lab that was investigating adding ketamine (low dose obviously) to an SSRI regimen and getting really astounding preliminary results. I've been meaning to follow up but haven't. I still don't follow the logic of "Here, try this horse tranquilizer" for someone who's depressed but whatever.

Re: bad acid trips, I haven't had one, but I did have a guy on one try to stab me once. Like, lunging at me with a large kitchen knife in a small hallway, screaming "It won't be okay until you're all dead!!" It was a while ago but I basically just kept repeating "I'm your friend, you'll feel better if you lay down, I'm your friend, the bed looks comfy, I'm your friend" etc etc. Scared the shit out of me. I was very much not actually his friend at that point.

tumblr_mvlywyLVys1qigwg9o1_250.png
  • Options
    UnluckyUnlucky That's not meant to happen Registered User regular
    makeouts and more blankets are always good for bad trips

I was really surprised I didn't freak out when grace's mom turned on I Spit On Your Grave when I was tripping balls. While admiring various OEVs I giggled at a man getting his junk cut off with hedge trimmers.

I think I might be a little fucked in the head
    Makeouts? As in, making out with people? Blankets I've found make people feel claustrophobic and freak out even more.

Tommy, that is an odd story. But, I've laughed at similarly disgusting or fucked stuff, so don't feel bad.

Walrus, damn man. Thankfully none of my mates have turned into aggressive anything. Hyper paranoid and crying sacks, but man, I don't want to be in that situation.

Question(I am glad this thread is here actually): Has anyone ever had a bad, I dunno what to call it, trip? on Weed. One time, about 8 months ago me and my mates went camping in the woods, middle of winter (Australia). Me and a mate set up a tent in the dark in some mud, everyone else getting high. I decided to play catchup (4-5 bong hits quickly, each hit held in for as long as I could) and regretted it severely.

The best way I could describe it is unimaginable pain. Like my bones were brittle and made of glass, everything ached intensely. I could see tessellating triangles of pink, blue and green in my eyes, like a kaleidoscopic of colour. It was just as vivid with my eyes closed as open, it was fucking frustrating. Also, I could feel my heart beating intensely, even in time with the music in the car next to mine. God, it was so, so painful it has put me off weed for a while. I tried twice more, the first time it made me paranoid and the second time I had it with acid. Weirdly, with the acid just made me feel way way better and intensified the trip. Everyone was worried I'd have a bad trip, but it ended up happening with that friend I mentioned.

Fantastic
  • Options
    WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    So, sleeping & stuff. I stayed up for over 30 hours in an attempt to fix my sleep schedule, because I'd tried taking melatonin the other night and it didn't work, just left me drowsy after waking up from still not sleeping long enough.

So I got maybe three hours of sleep, and woke up about an hour ago with really sore ribs from lying with my elbows folded under my chest,

• Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    I use to have fairly unfavorable weed experiences.

But that was because I'd be freaked out from losing the ability to speak.

Sometimes weed was good, sometimes not...

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • Options
    The Lovely BastardThe Lovely Bastard Registered User regular
    so weed shuts you up, zonnie?

good to know

7656367.jpg
  • Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    Oh yeah, shuts me up good.

Which is why I love my best friend, whiskey.

Whiskey makes 100% better.

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • Options
    cabsycabsy the fattest rainbow unicorn Registered User regular
    I have smoked way too much before in way too short a time and had bad experiences, no visuals but I was completely and totally convinced beyond a shadow of a doubt everybody else was dead and that going into the dark would kill me. Ended up sobbing because I was mourning the deaths of almost my entire family, it was pretty fucked. It also put me off smoking for a long time and even after I went back to it I smoked far less than I had previously and cut myself off much sooner.

• Options
    First time I hit a gravity bong, my tolerance was low enough that I tripped. I relived chunks of my early childhood in the form of fractals based on Anasazi art for about half an hour. That was actually pretty scary for a bit until I meditated myself into a state of control (this is why I cannot mix weed and booze - the lack of control gives me panic attacks). And then it was awesome. Confronted a bunch of ancient personal demons and vanquished them.

• Options
    ProjeckProjeck Registered User regular
    I really want to make some firecrackers

Do those stink up the place in the oven?

• Options
    not really in my experience, but I had the house to myself anyway so

8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
  • Options
    So my buddy gave me some salvia. Don't know if I'll do it or not, just because my anxiety and depression arnt really conducive to doing intense psycadelics right now

• Options
    balerbowerbalerbower Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    i don't think you should ever do salvia alone. even if it lasts only a few minutes, you'll need a trip sitter there to reorient you with the real world after tripping.

the salvia experience is so far detached from reality that whether you have anxiety issues or not doesn't really matter. you're not gonna be moving or anything while tripping. you're not gonna have any semblance of control. chances are you'll be perfectly still as if paralyzed. just so much crazy shit is gonna go on inside your head.

salvia is probably the closest i've ever came to experiencing what true chaos is. i'm not sure if i'd ever try it again, but i say go for it and try it once. you'll have a crazy, crazy time.

balerbower on
  • Options
    TriiipledotTriiipledot Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    2nd time i did salvia i saw my arms melt and wasnt able to lift them, the friend i was smoking it with had a great laugh. fun times.

Triiipledot on
  • Options
    salvia really shouldn't be legal if other legitimate hallucinogens are illegal

the others are far better, sure; but that's unrelated

8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
  • Options
    skettiosskettios Enchanted ForestRegistered User regular
    shit
    what is today
    I'm drunk

• Options
    skettiosskettios Enchanted ForestRegistered User regular
    going to play a strip poker game.
    pretty sure I'm about to lose
    Oh deears