Options

[mini Phalla] Euro 2012! Italy 2 - 1 Ireland (AET) - Village Win!

• Options
    Void SlayerVoid Slayer Very Suspicious Registered User regular
    Portugal - Pedro Proenca
    Czech - Pavel Kralovec
    Poland - Marcin Borski
    Spain - Carlos Velasco Carballo
    Denmark - Claus Bo Larsen
    England - Howard Webb
    Sweden - Jonas Eriksson
    Republic of Ireland - Ian Stokes

He's a shy overambitious dog-catcher on the wrong side of the law. She's an orphaned psychic mercenary with the power to bend men's minds. They fight crime!
  • Options
    KetBraKetBra Dressed Ridiculously Registered User regular
    If the vig says Void Slayer, Void Slayer it is!

KGMvDLc.jpg?1
  • Options
    AkimboLegsAkimboLegs Registered User regular
    10 minutes until close. Missing quite a few votes I think.
    Langly
    daniant
    Cayrus
    kime
    Flarne
    El Skid
    jackisreal

• Options
    stever777 wrote:
    Can we use cash to influence player's votes?

Forgot to answer this. Not.. directly? You can make deals about things, but you'd have no way of holding them to their word.

Also - a small change. Items cannot be sold for less than half their initial value, nor more than double initial value.

• Options
    El SkidEl Skid The frozen white northRegistered User regular
    edited February 2012
    Buy a ticket for Italy vs Ireland

Aaaaaand Corvidae

I...really don't know anything about any refs, so I'll just leave em, I guess.

El Skid on
  • Options
    KetBraKetBra Dressed Ridiculously Registered User regular
    Buy me one of them replica balls

KGMvDLc.jpg?1
  • Options
    daniantdaniant Columbus, OhioRegistered User regular
    Get rid of refs for germany, Spain, ntherlands, Ireland.

jackisreal

• Options
    Shit be closed

• Options
    Sorry, life is very complicated for me right now

• Options
    Goal.com hosting a special bonus question

If you can figure out the host's favourite club team, you can get both prizes to the previous questions (since nobody sent anything in!

There is one clue somewhere.

• Options
    LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    does club team mean the national team?

is it England?

• Options
    i found the clue the problem is that I can't interpret it.

• Options
    Uh is it Boldon CA?

• Options
    Club means non-national.

Not Boldon CA (I have no idea what that means).

• Options
    El SkidEl Skid The frozen white northRegistered User regular
    Manchester united is a club team, right?

• Options
    BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
    How dead am I, roman?

• Options
    romanqwertyromanqwerty Registered User regular
    Bedlam wrote:
    How dead am I, roman?

Very...Surprised?

• Options
    CapfalconCapfalcon Tunnel Snakes Rule Capital WastelandRegistered User regular
    I know nothing about soccer, so...

Yeah...

• Options
    AkimboLegs wrote:
    Club means non-national.

Not Boldon CA (I have no idea what that means).

you made a post about hooligan-ing in wearside (indicating you were angry)

so I looked up wearside's club teams

and Boldon CA just lost a very close game to the top team in that league.

so I guessed!

• Options
  • Options
    CayrusCayrus Consul Friends, Romans, countrymen, lend me your ears!Registered User regular
    Oops, I was eating sushi and missed this. :(

Former Secret Service Agent Nathaniel Ford in Call of Cthulhu: Whispers in the Darkness

Henri Emmanuel Gratien St Pierre in Where No Man Has Gone Before

Lord Augustus Cumberbatch in Eclipse Phase
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    Final Whistle, Day 3

Group A

Poland 1 - 0 Czech Republic
    Lewandowski 61'
    81' Baros(RED)

In a game where the home fans were absolutely buzzing (as were their vuvuzelas, which one fan was ejected for), there was never going to be any chance for the Czech Republic to salvage their tournament. They played with passion, but in the end, a corner was to be their undoing. Ludovic Obraniak swung a wicked ball into the box, which was met with aplomb by Robert Lewandowski, and sailed into the net, beating Cech. The Czech Republic seemingly knew they were done for, and began to get frustrated, empitomized by Milan Baros kicking out at a Polish defender in the 81st minute, earning him an early shower, resulting in an easy win for the co-hosts.
    Referee: Wolfgang Stark (Germany)

Greece 0 - 1 Russia
    59' Pavlyuchenko

As was predicted, Greece fielded a weakened side, and Russia took full advantage. It still took them the better part of an hour to finally find the net, but a good ball from Andrei Arshavin, who finally started to look the player he had 4 years ago, found the head of Roman Pavlyuchenko, and sent the Russians ahead. But it was too little too late, ultimately, as Poland's win in the other match left Russia 2 points adrift of the qualifying spots.
    Referee: Howard Webb (England)

Group B
    Netherlands 6 - 1 Portugal
    van Persie 2'
    van Persie 5'
    Robben 14'
    van der Wiel 44'
    Sneijder 50'
    76' Postiga
    van Persie 80'

Few people were surprised that the Dutch won against the Portuguese, but the manner in which they did may have turned some heads. Bert van Marwijk sounded out a challenge to his players before the match, and it rung true. They came out of the blocks with incredible speed, and were 1-0 before Portugal even touched the ball, courtesy of great work by van Persie, Robben, and Sneijder. It wasn't long before the second and third followed. Robben at the heart of it all, he jinked his way through the Portuguese defense like it wasnt there, and sent a ball fizzing across the face where van Persie was again at hand to tap in. The next was another mazy dribble, but this time the Bayern winger cut inside his man and sent a rasping shot beyond Eduardo. The game seemed to settle a bit, but just before half-time van der Wiel made a contribution of his own, running up the wing and cutting inside, sending a 30 yard thunderbolt that Eduardo could only parry into his own goal. Half-time carried little respite for the Portuguese, as Sneijder made his way onto the scoresheet after some neat one-touch passing with Heitinga sent him through on goal where he deftly lifted the ball over the keeper. At 5, the Netherlands piled on even more pressure, going close through van Persie twice, but it seemed the Arsenal forward was not to get his hattrick. Against the run of play, Helder Postiga managed to latch onto a ball after Heitinga slipped, and grab a consolation goal. But to finish out the match, Elia performed some wizardry down the wing, got to the touchline and pulled the ball back brilliantly to van Persie, who took a calm touch, and sent a shot back across goal to seal an emphatic win.
    Referee: Marcin Borski (Poland)

Germany 1 - 1 Denmark
    11' Bendtner
    Khedira 51'

The Danes were clearly up for their chance in the next round, as they fought valiantly, and made an early goal with a great cross to Bendtner whose scuffed shot wrongfooted Neuer and put the Danes into the lead. They seemed to even press on, but struggled against a competent German defense. Halftime was to be their undoing though, as they no doubt heard the news that the Netherlands were leading 4-0 against Portugal. They came out in the second half looking devoid of any fight, and Germany's weakened side took their chance to ensure top spot in the group, netting through Khedira early. Content with their point, Germany opted to sit back and defend, and the Danes never quite looked like getting back into the match.
    Referee: Nikolai Vladimirovich Ivanov (Russia)

Group C

Spain 0 - 0 Croatia

In what goes down as yet another shocking result, Spain were held by a plucky Croatian side. Both teams threatened to score, but despite Spain's 72% possession, they were never able to quite break down a heavily defensive Croatian side. Following their abyssmal run, Spain finish bottom of their group, and will go home with their tales firmly tucked between their legs. Croatia are also eliminated, but can be proud of finishing the tournament without having lost.
    Referee: Bjorn Kuipers (Netherlands)

Italy 1 - 0 Ireland
    Pirlo 68'
    Thanks to the result in the other match, both teams will qualify from Group B, so Ireland's loss won't seem quite as bad, but after their performance against Spain, much ado was made about their chances. In truth, they never really got going. Italy seemed content to play a very unorthodox defensive formation, but in the end, they were given one chance at the other end, and Andrea Pirlo finished it well, giving Italy the top spot in the group, which may have always been the goal, would certainly have come in a parculiar manner.
    Referee: Claus Bo Larsen (Denmark)

Group D

France 0 - 1 Sweden
    31' Larsson

The French crash out of yet another tournament, never quite giving the account of themselves many believe they have the potential to. Sweden played well, and controlled much of the game, but were never truly challenged by the Les Bleus, and a first half free-kick from Sebastian Larsson was enough to win them this contest.
    Referee: Pedro Proenca (Portugal)

England 1 - 0 Ukraine
    Selin 80' (RED)
    90' Oxlade-Chamberlain

In a match that threatened to go either way for 80 minutes, England will be relieved that they got the 3 points that sees them qualify behind Sweden, but it could so easily have gone the other way. Ukraine pushed very hard, backed to the hilt by their fans, and dominated the first 45 minutes, but despite several good shots, Joe Hart had a blinder in goal, and denied them at every asking. Following half-time, and some good substitions, bringing on Oxlade-Chamberlain and Jermain Defoe, the English started to come more and more into the game. The game truly turned in the 80th minute, when Yevhen Selin received his second yellow card for a cynical push on Rooney after he went past him. The game opened up, and suddenly England's pressure down the wings through Oxlade-Chamberlain and Walcott was immense. Ukraine couldn't handle the pace, and it wasn't long before the two linked up to score - albeit in the 90th minute. Scott Parker made an excellent tackle on the halfway line, and picked a perfect pass behind the Ukranian left back, letting Walcott race onto it. Walcott drove to the touchline, lofted a ball to the backpost, where Oxlade-Chamberlain was waiting to volley it into the roof of the net.
    Referee: Ivan Bebek (Croatia)

After the match, Sportsbet CEO, corvidae was violently mugged by a group of supporters who felt their bets had been rigged. He is currently in the hospital awaiting a heart transplant to survive.

Suspicion following the mugging was high, and Langly was thrown out of the tournament by UEFA for supposedly being part of the attack.

Interpol decided to arrest their own man in Kime to question him about the attack.

Final Score:

Poland 1 - 0 Czech Republic
    Greece 0 - 1 Russia

Netherlands 6 - 1 Portugal
    Germany 1 - 1 Denmark

Spain 0 - 0 Croatia
    Italy 1 - 0 Ireland

France 0 - 1 Sweden
    England 1 - 0 Ukraine

Langly, Hedwiges van Wielwijk thrown out of Euro 2012 by UEFA
    Kime, Interpol Investigator arrested by Interpol
    corvidae, Cormac Berry, Sportsbet CEO mugged by a mob

PLAYOFFS:

The following matches have been decided for the Quarter-Finals.
    Match 1: 18:00 - Greece vs Netherlands
    Match 2: 18:00 - Germany vs Poland
    Match 3: 21:00 - Italy vs England
    Match 4: 21:00 - Sweden vs Ireland

Despite the loss of their CEO, Sportsbet have promised to have new betting odds up as soon as possible!

AkimboLegs on
  • Options
    OoOOooOOoOOooOoOoorannnnnjeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Options
    edited February 2012
    daniant wrote:
    Sunderland?

Ahaha.

I should be furious at this assertion!

But technically you're very close.

AkimboLegs on
  • Options
  • Options
  • Options
    Give the lady a hand.

• Options
    edited February 2012
    GROSS

(It's Newcastle)

AkimboLegs on
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    The first, right?

Edit: I'm awesome at google.

daniant on
  • Options
    Oh god damnit kime...

If any other specials haven't contacted me yet, it would really be in your interests to do so..

• Options
    edited February 2012

UEFA have sent home the following referees

Portugal - Pedro Proenca
    England - Howard Webb
    Spain - Carlos Velasco Carballo
    Republic of Ireland - Ian Stokes
    Czech - Pavel Kralovec
    Denmark - Claus Bo Larsen
    Germany - Wolfgang Stark
    Greece - Michael Koukoulakis

For the Semi-Finals, UEFA are asking to vote on the remaining. 4 will be removed.

Netherlands - Bjorn Kuipers
    Sweden - Jonas Eriksson
    Croatia - Ivan Bebek
    Russia - Nikolai Vladimirovich Ivanov
    Italy - Nicola Rizzoli
    France - Stephane Lannoy
    Poland - Marcin Borski
    Ukraine - Viktor Shvetsov

Edited the refs for Game Day 3 into the narration.

AkimboLegs on
  • Options
    All PMs should be out. If you think I made a mistake, let me know

• Options
    Sportsbet Odds for the Quarter-Finals

Match 1: Greece (3.00) vs Holland (2.00)

Match 2: Germany (1.8) vs Poland (3.6)

Match 3: Italy (3) vs England (2)

Match 4: Sweden (1.5) vs Ireland (6)

• Options
    CythraulCythraul Registered User regular
    Interpol questions Interpol!

InspectorGadget.jpg

Steam
    Confusion will be my epitaph
  • Options
    FlarneFlarne Registered User regular
    Ah shit, completely forgot this yesterday. Got ridiculously drunk instead.

Oh and just to clear up any suspicions regarding nationality, I'm not the swedish supporter. I'm just actually swedish with a hard time staying in character.

• Options
    sportzboytjwsportzboytjw squeeeeeezzeeee some more tax breaks outRegistered User regular
    Can I get 2 Euro 2012 Final Ticket €1000 - You can attend the final! This allows you to use any other items or powers you have. This match only has 5 tickets, you may buy as many as you like. if any remain?

Walkerdog on MTGO
    TylerJ on League of Legends (it's free and fun!)
  • Options
    sportzboytjwsportzboytjw squeeeeeezzeeee some more tax breaks outRegistered User regular
    France - Stephane Lannoy
    Poland - Marcin Borski
    Ukraine - Viktor Shvetsov

Walkerdog on MTGO
  • Options
    CythraulCythraul Registered User regular
    Ooh, I haven't noticed if people were picking those up yet. 2 tickets to the finals if supplies allow!

Steam
    Confusion will be my epitaph
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    Can we have a void slayer Void Slayer vote today?

That is, unless anyone is willing to put forward an alternative target with a good reason?

romanqwerty on
  • Options
    If you're voicing up, I'll follow you roman! Void sla-sla-slayyyyyer!

Walkerdog on MTGO