As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Glossolalia] A Dark Red Day

• Options
    HunteraHuntera Rude Boy Registered User regular
    Stilts wrote: »
    I'm gonna go ahead and take credit for two players wanting to be monks, regardless of how much Resonance actually had to do with it.

Shhhh, that's a secret.

• Options
    StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    Daisuke Kamiya (7) [AIM] [FEL] / NOVA (Q) [FIE] [AGI]

"Katrina, the sight of you makes all my cares disappear," Daisuke says. "Also, we're kind of lost. You...know how to get out of here, right?"

IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    [M] [] A: [] [] []
    0/25 0/5 11/11 10/10 3/3 3/3 0/0 0/0 3/3 Auto: On
    [Swordsperson] [Weak Power Mimic] [Very Dangerous] [Technokinetic]
    I: Scimitar, Light Armor, Masked Helmet

M's face softens behind the mask. "You weren't here in the beginning, Christina. You don't know the Ten. There's so few of us left, but I'm still here. I remember everything." A scowl forms on the masked face, and M turns to the narrator again, speaking in an electronic, distorted crackle. "But, you remember. You also remember how I tried to make good again, and only just became decent this last go around. But, every time before this last time, it ended before I could actually make something of myself. And then it all ended right when I was feeling correct." M shakes thon's finger at the narrator. "I'm doing something different, now."

• Options
    DE?ADDE?AD Registered User regular
    edited February 2012
    @Kro Hm. Just the 10 Royalblue.

@Shock G I just realized [Mighty] doesn't work as a Niche Trait. Otherwise it's good.

@Huntera Say... 5 Gold 5 Royalblue?

DE?AD on
  • Options
    Shock GShock G Registered User regular
    [Abnormally Strong], then?

• Options
    Sure. 10 Tan.

• Options
    Caulk Bite 6Caulk Bite 6 One of the multitude of Dans infesting this place Registered User regular
    DE?AD wrote:
    @Caulk Bite 6

@Shabooty Lookin' good. Did you have 25 Red before? Gonna ask for -10 on the Magician, though, and [Cold Reading] seems a tad redundant?

@Langly Yaaaaay. Also, you could play an anthropomorphic turtle who is an adolescent and also a practitioner of ninjutsu. Just not a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle.

Did you mean to say something to me?

jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    would something like vehicle operation be a useful skill in the city? car/pilot etc?

• Options
    he did on the previous page caulk

• Options
    DE?AD wrote:
    @Caulk Bite 6

@Shabooty Lookin' good. Did you have 25 Red before? Gonna ask for -10 on the Magician, though, and [Cold Reading] seems a tad redundant?

@Langly Yaaaaay. Also, you could play an anthropomorphic turtle who is an adolescent and also a practitioner of ninjutsu. Just not a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle.

Did you mean to say something to me?

Yeah, I mean to answer your ForestGreen question.

Finally realized I hadn't and answered it last page.

• Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    DE?AD wrote: »
    Langly wrote:
    would something like vehicle operation be a useful skill in the city? car/pilot etc?

Probably.

Speaking of which, @Speed Racer get your ass in here.

I'm waiting for you to answer my question!

• Options
    alternatingAberrationalternatingAberration I am the milk man My milk is deliciousRegistered User regular
    [Irmin Kross] [Team and ID Code] A: [ ] [ ] [ ]
    25/25 5/5 0/0 10/10 0/0 10/10 0/0 0/0 0/0 0/0 Auto: On
    [Monk][Iron Will][Tough Hide] [Plant Mutant]
    i: Ragged Jeans, Monk's robes, Gnarled Staff

How's that?

xI8QS1g.jpg?1
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    Langly wrote:

Probably.

@Kro Hm. Looks alright, but you've got all of your 50 starting points, and no apparent carry over. [Plant Mutant] still costs 10 ForestGreen. Monk still costs 10 royalblue.

DE?AD on
  • Options
    ShabootyShabooty Registered User regular
    edited February 2012
    is acrobatic gonna cost anything?

[Lorenzo] [] A: [] [] []
    25/25 15/15 25/25 3/3 5/5 0/0 10/10 0/10 0/0 3/3 Auto: On
    [Magician] [Regal] [Cocky] [Acrobatic]
    I: Magician's Attire

Lorenzo takes off his top hat and fishes around in it for longer then necessary, eventually pulling out a pack of cigarettes.

"Hm, feels weird knowing I have these cigarettes while also knowing this form is completely new."

Lorenzo stuffs a lit cigarette into a cigarette holder and takes a drag of it.

"Ha! Chet would hate this!"

Shabooty on
  • Options
    DE?AD wrote: »
    Langly wrote:

Probably.

I'm waiting for you to answer my question!

What question?

• Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    i still don't totally get the characters we're making from like a flavor standpoint

is the idea that we're making sort of generic "core" characters that manifest as different avatars as we go out into the world beyond the city, or

• Options
    edited February 2012
    [Koji] [Team and ID Code] A: [ ] [ ] [ ]
    25/25 10/10 0/0 0/0 0/0 0/0 0/0 0/0 0/0 0/0 Auto: On
    [Baji Quan Novice][Ramen Cooking][Agile][Force Palm]
    i:

Any chance Force Palm is worth less than Chi Projection?

Huntera on
  • Options
    @Shabooty It'd cost 5 Gold, but it doesn't really fit as a Niche Trait.

"Actually," I say, the arm swinging me around to face Lorenzo. "The form isn't new. It grew up here in the city, just as anyone else would. You've got a history, you're just jumping into it a little late. Wonderful thing, the way Entry works, eh?"

• Options
    alternatingAberrationalternatingAberration I am the milk man My milk is deliciousRegistered User regular
    DE?AD wrote:
    Langly wrote:

Probably.

@Kro Hm. Looks alright, but you've got all of your 50 starting points, and no apparent carry over. [Plant Mutant] still costs 10 ForestGreen. Monk still costs 10 royalblue.

25/25 5/5 0/0 0/10 0/0 0/10 0/0 0/0 0/0 0/0 Auto: On

Ah! I thought were supposed to allocate that amount to qualify, how's that?

xI8QS1g.jpg?1
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    i still don't totally get the characters we're making from like a flavor standpoint

is the idea that we're making sort of generic "core" characters that manifest as different avatars as we go out into the world beyond the city, or

Ah, missed this.

No, you're creating characters like any other character you would make for any other game. They're just aware of who they were. Like, when your wizard dies in a D&D game, and the player rolls a ranger - that's the same "person" in this world. There would be continuity there. Essentially reincarnation/timelord regeneration.

@Huntera Explain [Force Palm] to me.

@Kro Looks good.

DE?AD on
  • Options
    Shove both of your hands forward and creates a wall of... I guess Solid Air?

A short range (5 foot-ish) force push I guess.

• Options

The idea is we are souls that have reincarnated into different forms throughout all of DE?AD's gloss games, and this time around we'll be able to recall echoes of those past lives, and our world will reflect the same.

xI8QS1g.jpg?1
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    Dominic Drötz[ [Team and ID Code] A: [ ] [ ] [ ]
    25/25 15/15 5/5 0/0 0/0 0/0 0/0 0/0 5/5 0/0 Auto: On
    [Driver] [Brawler] [Steel Nerves] [Minor Precognition]
    i: Keys, Brass knuckles

something like that?

Langly on
  • Options
    Langly wrote:
    Dominic Drötz[Name] [Team and ID Code] A: [ ] [ ] [ ]
    i:

dammit

i was gonna be the Driver if M died

i still gotta see Drive but i figured i had time to see it before such a thing happened

• Options
    Shock GShock G Registered User regular
    edited February 2012
    well then, let's get scratchin'

[Penelope Mainyu] [Team and ID Code] A: [ ] [ ] [ ]
    25/25 0/5 0/5 10/10 1/1 3/3 3/3 1/1 0/10 1/1 2/2 Auto: On
    [Hoverblade Hoodlum][Hardcore][Manipulative] [Abnormally Strong]
    i: Spray paint, Golden Baseball Bat

A pretty, muscular thing pushes herself off of the floor. She's wearing in a dress formed out of some sort of plastic, a thick fall of lazily curling black hair streaked with the same green as her dress, big bright eyes the color of a forest in summer, and a scowl.

Penelope grabs a doughnut.

"I slept like shit." She stuffs some pastry in her mouth. "Thanks for the 'nuts, Percy."

Shock G on
  • Options
    VALVEjunkieVALVEjunkie Registered User regular
    it is too fucking loud in here I can't think straight

will do up a statline in a bit

• Options
    I haven't even seen it yet. The character type is just heavily on my mind.

• Options
    edited February 2012
    Langly wrote: »
    Dominic Drötz[ [Team and ID Code] A: [ ] [ ] [ ]
    i: Keys, Brass knuckles

something like that?
    Dominic Drötz[
    [Driver]
    [Driver]

D :<

Speed Racer on
  • Options
    speed I will totally defer to you if you want to be a driver guy. I didn't think the name speed racer meant you wanted to be all drivers all the time!

• Options
    first you start the bandwagon against me in the secret thread phalla and now THIS

• Options
    i was actually just thinking that

• Options
    YEAH MMHM I'LL BET

• Options
    edited February 2012
    I just had the phrase "Dominic Drötz. I Drive" stuck in my head so I got it out!

Langly on
  • Options
    what can I say I love alliteration

• Options
    @Huntera Sounds good. 5 Royalblue

@Langly Looks good. I like it. Gonna have to work on getting you a car, though. Also, put some clothes on.

[Driver] should be specified a little, ala [Getaway Driver] or [Stunt Driver] or [The Transporter] or something. Regardless, it'll probably cost you 15 Gold. [Brawler] is good. 5 Red or 5 Gold. [Steel Nerves] is cool. 5 DimGray or 5 Tan. [Minor Precognition] also good. Gimmie 10 DarkRED for that.

Also, it seems I forgot to put DimGray into the character sheets, so everybody add 0/0 to their statline before the Black points.

• Options
    Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular
    edited February 2012
    [Dean] [Team and ID Code] A: [ ] [ ] [ ]
    25?/25 5/5 2/2 3/3 3/3 4/4 1/1 3/3 4/4 0/0 Auto: On
    [Gunman][Strong-Willed][Rash] [Mechanical Arm]
    i:Trenchcoat

A gunmen for hire, lost his arm in a fight long ago.

Pretty sure im going to have to fix something in this.

Bluedude152 on
    p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    ShabootyShabooty Registered User regular
    can;t think of a good niche trait

[Magical Abilities] seems redundant

but that's all I have so far

• Options
    edited February 2012
    25/25 5/5 0/0 0/10 0/0 0/10 0/0 0/0 0/0 0/0 Auto: On

Irmin rises from lotus position, staff in hand, cracking his back with whining woody pops and scratching his mossy beard. He catches M's banter, "Heh, the ten...plus one." He looks down at his jeans, the green robes gathered around his waist, and his bare bark covered torso. He feels his bald head and sighs, "It's odd. I feel so old and so young at the same time."

alternatingAberration on
    xI8QS1g.jpg?1
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    [M] [] A: [] [] []
    0/25 0/5 11/11 10/10 3/3 3/3 0/0 0/0 3/3 Auto: On
    [Swordsperson] [Weak Power Mimic] [Very Dangerous] [Technokinetic]
    I: Scimitar, Light Armor, Masked Helmet

"What now? When and where can we go?" M folds thon's arms, and taps thon's foot. M looks at Irmim, and shakes thon's head sadly. "Yeah, the Ten plus one."

Antimatter on
  • Options
    I smile at Penelope. "You're welcome.

Hey @Shock G Your highest point value is Royalblue. Hate to break it to you.

This discussion has been closed.