Club PA 2.0 has arrived! If you'd like to access some extra PA content and help support the forums, check it out at patreon.com/ClubPA
The image size limit has been raised to 1mb! Anything larger than that should be linked to. This is a HARD limit, please do not abuse it.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

What music do you like that I might like I would like to listen to it

• 101101 Registered User regular
    edited February 2012
    Liiya wrote:

Elbow have some fantastic songs, especially like this one.

e: been listening to Billie Holiday recently

101 on
  • dbrock270dbrock270 Registered User regular
    I've been listening to a lot of Jay-Z lately, The Blueprint is a real classic.

• POKÉMON MASTER WT SHERMANPOKÉMON MASTER WT SHERMAN i can make this march and i will make georgia howlRegistered User regular
    Solar wrote:
    Here it is

I personally liked it but hey I used to buy all the Clubland Xtreme Hardcore CDs they used to release so what do I know?

man

i spent a good four years really, really into ukhc

up to my eyeballs in bonkers albums

i don't listen to it as much as i used to but there are still songs i go back to on a regular basis

siiiiigh~

vQ77AtR.png
    steam | xbox live: IGNORANT HARLOT | psn: MadRoll | nintendo network: spinach
    3ds: 1504-5717-8252
  • LuvTheMonkeyLuvTheMonkey High Sierra Serenade Registered User regular
    Staleghoti what software are you using to mix? I am intrigued with the possibilities there.

Molten variables hiss and roar. On my mind-forge, I hammer them into the greatsword Epistemology. Many are my foes this night.
    STEAM | GW2: Thalys
    Whitney Houston is dead.

Fuck.

• PiptheFairPiptheFair Registered User regular
    dbrock270 wrote:
    Whitney Houston is dead.

Fuck.

whoa what

• POKÉMON MASTER WT SHERMANPOKÉMON MASTER WT SHERMAN i can make this march and i will make georgia howlRegistered User regular
    vQ77AtR.png
    steam | xbox live: IGNORANT HARLOT | psn: MadRoll | nintendo network: spinach
    3ds: 1504-5717-8252
    PiptheFair wrote:
    dbrock270 wrote:
    Whitney Houston is dead.

Fuck.

whoa what

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-17001548

• YaYaYaYa Decent. Registered User regular
    goddamn

• PiptheFairPiptheFair Registered User regular
    welp

• SolarSolar Registered User regular
    Solar wrote:
    Here it is

I personally liked it but hey I used to buy all the Clubland Xtreme Hardcore CDs they used to release so what do I know?
    man

i spent a good four years really, really into ukhc

up to my eyeballs in bonkers albums

i don't listen to it as much as i used to but there are still songs i go back to on a regular basis

siiiiigh~

You're a good lad PMWS

edited February 2012
    Newark man accused of killing teen over Nicki Minaj CD argument
    An argument over a Nicki Minaj CD tossed into the snow was enough to trigger a barrage of bullets and the death of a Newark teen early last year.

Today the 21-year-old gunman, Ahmad Taylor, was convicted by an Essex County jury of manslaughter and faces up to ten years in prison, said acting Essex County Prosecutor Carolyn A. Murray.

Prosecutors had sought a murder conviction, she said.

The victim, Amir McLean, 19, had been arguing with his girlfriend on a Sunday night last January 16 when he tossed a stack of seven music CDs out of the window of the apartment on Riverview Court in the city’s East Ward, said Murray.

Taylor, the woman’s nephew, wanted to listen to the Nicki Minaj album, and ordered McLean to retrieve the recordings, said Murray.

But McLean refused and Taylor pulled out a handgun, shooting him several times, said authorities.

I wish Nicki would get shot for making that CD though.

dbrock270 on
  • Clint EastwoodClint Eastwood My baby's in there someplace She crawled right inRegistered User regular
    ...Throw ya numba twos in the air if you did it on em?

uekIEp1.png
  • StaleghotiStaleghoti Registered User
    hey this party has internet!

I'm in the mix make a request!

tmmysta-sig.png2wT1Q.gifYAH!YAH!STEAMYoutubeMixesPSN: Clintown
    Dear satan I wish for this or maybe some of this....oh and I'm a medium or a large.
  • OghulkOghulk biggest externality low-energy economistRegistered User regular
    Staleghoti wrote:

House, or anything?

raoADVy.png
    Actually this works

raoADVy.png
  • DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    Oghulk wrote:
    Staleghoti wrote:

House, or anything?

Play Skrillex non-stop

GUOZVYl.png
    Darmak wrote:
    Oghulk wrote:
    Staleghoti wrote:

House, or anything?

Play Skrillex non-stop

I hate you

raoADVy.png
    Oghulk wrote:
    Darmak wrote:
    Oghulk wrote:
    Staleghoti wrote:

House, or anything?

Play Skrillex non-stop

I hate you

Shit, I meant play Slipknot non-stop

GUOZVYl.png
    Then bust out some Korn afterwards

GUOZVYl.png
    Still hating

raoADVy.png
    Actually @Staleghoti, what is the first two songs in your Ignorant Mix? I enjoy them a lot.

raoADVy.png
    Oghulk wrote:
    Staleghoti wrote:

House, or anything?

houuuuse

Dear satan I wish for this or maybe some of this....oh and I'm a medium or a large.
    Oghulk wrote:
    Actually @Staleghoti, what is the first two songs in your Ignorant Mix? I enjoy them a lot.

liek the intro of the first song and the second song?

or the second song or the third song

• Cornell002Cornell002 Registered User regular
    Foxboro Hottubs

Staleghoti wrote:
    Oghulk wrote:

liek the intro of the first song and the second song?

or the second song or the third song

Fuck I dunno, not the intro of the very beginning, but like the actual song right after that first intro is what I want

the one with the funky beat

raoADVy.png
  • Tommy2HandsTommy2Hands what is this where am i Registered User regular
    edited February 2012
    It's SBTRKT Og

Tommy2Hands on
    Cdcniho.jpg
    It's SBTRKT Og

tumblr_lj9vvpnlRD1qz9upvo1_500.jpg

That was my literal reaction to the beginning of the song

raoADVy.png
  • HeadCreepsHeadCreeps BURN IN THE INSTAFIRE! LIKES ARE WHAT I DESIRE!Registered User regular
    Staleghoti wrote:

gLA6gMw.png?1
  • Tommy2HandsTommy2Hands what is this where am i Registered User regular
    ew durst

Cdcniho.jpg
  • miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
    Fuck your taste in music, it's time for a MUHFUCKIN 90's INDIE GIRL GROUP MEGAPOST

Bratmobile (est. 1991) was among the first riot grrrl bands of the Olympia, WA scene. They split in 1994 and got back together for a couple years in 1999. Allison Wolfe, the lead singer, now fronts the band Partyline.

cub (1992) was an indie pop band from Vancouver, whose lineup originally included Neko Case. The members of the band would go on to found/play with acts such as I AM SPOONBENDER, the Lisa Marr eXperiment, Buck, The Evaporators, and The Queers. They are nice and jangly and fun.

Plumtree (1993) were a band out of Halifax that wrote a little song called Scott Pilgrim, which served as the namesake of the comic series/movie. I can't stop watching this video. SO 90s.

Electrelane (1998) only barely make this list but I am including them anyway. They recorded a few albums with Steve Albini. They're kinda post-rock and I dig them.

Magneta Lane (2003) don't really belong on this list, huh, do they. But they are good solid indie rockers so whatever. Lexi Valentine, their lead, has also sung on tracks for Tokyo Police Club and K-OS.

Sleater-Kinney (1994) I have saved for last because they are one of my very favorite bands. They made one of the only songs that has ever made me cry. I'm just gonna post a bunch of their material now.

Actually you know what, put on this playlist
    You might know Carrie Brownstein from the show Portlandia, or her music blog on NPR. Corin Tucker has the best voice, the best. Janet Weiss continues to be the drummer for Quasi, as well as her new venture Wild Flag, which includes Carrie and some other rad ladies.

• SirToastySirToasty Registered User regular
    Can't find much of these guys on youtube. They are not at all what I normally listen to but I really enjoy them. Not even as a guilty pleasure. I just really like them.

• miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
    I want a MSTRKRFT/STRFKR/SBTRKT collab album

• XehalusXehalus lofi Registered User regular

• Kevin CristKevin Crist Please don't go, I'll eat you whole I love you so, I love you so I love you soRegistered User regular
    I want a MSTRKRFT/STRFKR/SBTRKT collab album

Need to fit KMFDM in there somewhere.

acpRlGW.jpg
    Steam: YOU FACE JARAXXUS| Twitch.tv: SkinnerSweet
  • XehalusXehalus lofi Registered User regular
    give me back my doauog

• Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    Fuck yeah Plumtree

QRK7dOP.gif
    PSN: GrahamCR | 3DS Friend Code: 4399-2068-5090 | Switch Friend Code: SW-7440-9863-2027
    yeaaaaah that was a fun party

Oghulk wrote:
    It's SBTRKT Og

tumblr_lj9vvpnlRD1qz9upvo1_500.jpg

That was my literal reaction to the beginning of the song

That's the one!

wooo!

Hey @Tommy2Hands

GUESS WHAT

I'm going to someone's birthday party!

Who's?

DJ WURKTIME'S

AWWWW YEA

• Volucrisus AedriusVolucrisus Aedrius Registered User regular

The plucking strings are going to send me into some new kind of madness but its a delicious, soft-as-gelatin madness.

I can't stop listening to this song.

Dex Dynamo wrote: »
    Keith wrote:
    What would be your ultimate slam dunk??
    I would dunk it so hard my parents would love each other again
This discussion has been closed.