As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Pizza and Beer

• Options
    Virgil_Leads_YouVirgil_Leads_You Proud Father House GardenerRegistered User regular
    Indian pizza is pretty nice.

VayBJ4e.png
  • Options
    TayaTaya Registered User regular
    Re: corn on pizza.

Everyone thinks this is gross because "corn on pizza!?" but do you actually dislike corn? Does corn belong on pizza any less than fucking pineapple!?

Corn on pizza is pretty good and you don't even really notice it.

• Options
    facetiousfacetious a wit so dry it shits sandRegistered User regular
    edited February 2012
    @Mr. Fuzzbutt I can't help but thinking it looks like the pizza burned through your flesh and the fur and skin are peeling away to reveal your muscles.

D:

facetious on
    "I am not young enough to know everything." - Oscar Wilde
    Real strong, facetious.

Steam: Chagrin LoL: Bonhomie
  • Options
    facetiousfacetious a wit so dry it shits sandRegistered User regular
    edited February 2012
    See my thing with all these crazy pizza toppings is, I like the way the standard parts of pizza (crust/sauce/cheese) blend together. Adding all that crap seems superfluous at best, actually messing up the mixture at worst.

So I keep it pretty stock, but I don't feel like I'm missing out.

facetious on
    "I am not young enough to know everything." - Oscar Wilde
    Real strong, facetious.

Steam: Chagrin LoL: Bonhomie
  • Options
    AneurhythmiaAneurhythmia Registered User regular
    look it's all well and good to eat fancy pizza from pizzerias or whatever but if people are gonna look down their noses at pizza chains or whatever they straight up food snobs that aren't worth talkin' to, I M O

I'm sure it varies depending on where you live, but here chain pizza is straight up garbage, and you can get fantastically better cheap pizza at dozens of local joints. Dominos and Papa Johns and the like seem to aim for consistency from location to location, so they end up with this generic blandness. And Pizza Hut's sauce always tasted metallic to me, so I haven't eaten at one in like 15 years. The only positive memory I have of a Pizza Hut is one near an old friend's house that had a cocktail table Galaga machine.

If you live somewhere lame, enjoy what you have, but I guess I'm fortunate enough to live in a city where I don't have to be a snob to not want to eat shit on a plate.

• Options
    Mr FuzzbuttMr Fuzzbutt Registered User regular
    facetious wrote:
    @Mr. Fuzzbutt I can't help but thinking it looks like the pizza burned through your flesh and the fur and skin are peeling away to reveal your muscles.

D:

No it's just a blood, tendon and pepperoni pizza.

broken image link
  • Options
    TonkkaTonkka Some one in the club tonight Has stolen my ideas.Registered User regular
    What is this "leftover pizza" you people are talking about?

Steam: evilumpire Battle.net: T0NKKA#1588 PS4: T_0_N_N_K_A Twitter Art blog/Portfolio! Twitch?! HEY SATAN Shirts and such
  • Options
    LadaiLadai Registered User regular
    zucchini wrote:
    Ladai wrote:
    damn that sounds really good. too bad I'm never in university city. I'll have to keep it in mind just in case I have to head over there, though.

I think they've wised up, its at least 6 now.

UNACCEPTABLE.

no actually that's still pretty good.

Also, re: pizza chains and food snobbery,

I got no business criticizing other people's choice of food, let alone pizza (I grew up eating Ellio's frozen pizza and still love 'em), but I don't think it's snobbish to point out that chain pizza places aren't that good compared to "the little place on the corner with no name other than PIZZA on the signage."

I mean I'll eat Domino's or Pizza Hut if I'm at a party or something and it's there -- and happily -- I just wouldn't go out of my way for it.

ely3ub6du1oe.jpg
  • Options
    TonkkaTonkka Some one in the club tonight Has stolen my ideas.Registered User regular
    I want a pizza.

But should I get a pizza, that is the question.

Steam: evilumpire Battle.net: T0NKKA#1588 PS4: T_0_N_N_K_A Twitter Art blog/Portfolio! Twitch?! HEY SATAN Shirts and such
  • Options
    The Lovely BastardThe Lovely Bastard Registered User regular
    the answer is yes

7656367.jpg
  • Options
    The Lovely BastardThe Lovely Bastard Registered User regular
    also re: food, and really anything in general

I can't really be a snob because 98% of what I liked as a kid or a teenager I still like now, be it food, books, movies, tv, etc.

I just never stop liking things

Which is weird because with people I am very much the opposite

I can stop liking you on the drop of a dime

7656367.jpg
  • Options
    the answer is yes

Done.

• Options
    FerquinFerquin Snorlax Renton, WA, USARegistered User regular
    Mmm...now I really want pizza too. But it's past midnight so it'll have to wait 'til tomorrow.

Ideally, I like sausage, mushrooms, and lots of olives.

Someday, I'd like to try corn. There doesn't seem to be any pizzarias around here that would serve corn on their pies.

Ferquin N.C. Root
  • Options
    Mushrooms are a waste of a topping as far as I'm concerned.

The argument I always hear is that they soak up all the other flavors.

Get another topping instead.

If these mushrooms aren't going to send me through space and time, I am not eating them.

• Options
    Mr FuzzbuttMr Fuzzbutt Registered User regular
    Mushrooms taste okay but I really hate the texture.

broken image link
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    Boo. I love mushrooms, especially portobellos. They're delicious. I love them in burgers too.

I remember playing the first Paper Pario and how that one Toad could make food items from Mushrooms and thinking a mushroom steak (as in a giant slab of mushroom grilled like a steak) sounded awesome.

Ferquin on
    Ferquin N.C. Root
  • Options
    You can have all of my mushrooms that aren't drugs.

Enjoy.

• Options
    Long as they ain't poisonous or hallucinogenic and are edible.

Also, mushrooms are great in soup. Truffles are great in sweets and ice cream.

Ferquin N.C. Root
  • Options
    Dead LegendDead Legend Registered User regular
    also re: food, and really anything in general

I can't really be a snob because 98% of what I liked as a kid or a teenager I still like now, be it food, books, movies, tv, etc.

I just never stop liking things

Which is weird because with people I am very much the opposite

I can stop liking you on the drop of a dime

i watched assault on precinct 13 today (76 version) and the expendables

i thought of you

diablo III - beardsnbeer#1508 Mechwarrior Online - Rusty Bock
  • Options
    KarlKarl Registered User regular
    look it's all well and good to eat fancy pizza from pizzerias or whatever but if people are gonna look down their noses at pizza chains or whatever they straight up food snobs that aren't worth talkin' to, I M O

unless they're like "little caesar's is the wooooorst" in which case, yes, but that's the price you pay for being able to ride up and yell GIVE ME A FUCKIN' PIE and have it happen in like ten seconds

Only tossers would look down at pizza chain pizza. Some of the best pizza I've had has been delivered to my door from the local Dominoes.

My only issue with dominoes/Papa Johns etc is that it can be pretty expensive for what it is unless you use the vouchers they post through the door.

• Options
    Pizza Hut oftentimes has their deal for $10 for any pizza (any size/toppings), usually for carry out. I always take advantage of this.

Ferquin N.C. Root
  • Options
    IloveslimesIloveslimes Everett, WARegistered User regular
    Hey Ferquin! How's it going? If you want to try corn on your pizza, just get a pizza, then take a little can of corn, drain it, then dump it in the center of the pizza. Literally what I had a Japanese Italian place once. Corn isn't really bad, just gives a weird texture and nothing is really added by it.

• Options
    I find corn (i'm assuming we're talking about sweetcorn here) goes well with chicken on pizza.

I was skeptical about corn at first, but much like my preconceptions about egg on pizza, I was wrong.

• Options
    WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    If I'm eating pizza, I'm drinking. And if I'm drinking, the cell walls of corn aren't getting broken down. No corn on pizza=no corn in poop.

• Options
    edited February 2012
    Hey Ferquin! How's it going? If you want to try corn on your pizza, just get a pizza, then take a little can of corn, drain it, then dump it in the center of the pizza. Literally what I had a Japanese Italian place once. Corn isn't really bad, just gives a weird texture and nothing is really added by it.

Oh, hey Jesse. Long time no see.

Anyway, I want the pizza to have the corn cooked with it. Call me crazy, but if I'm gonna buy a pizza, I'm gonna want it cooked already. Dumping corn in the middle could work, but I'd rather it was done during the pizza-making process.

And no, I'm not willing to make the pizza myself. I hate cooking. I'll willingly admit I'm lazy in that respect.

Ferquin on
    Ferquin N.C. Root
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    Has anyone tried a duck and spring onion pizza? The ones I've eaten had the tomato sauce substituted for hoisin. They taste amazing.

Karl on
  • Options
    Lost SalientLost Salient blink twice if you'd like me to mercy kill youRegistered User regular
    @Lost Salient Does Korean pizza always have corn on it like Japanese pizza?

The ingredient list isn't translated for these, but I found an English menu from a Japanese pizza place. http://www.pizza-la.co.jp/MenuEnglish.aspx If anyone's really curious, I can translate the ingredients on these. The Japanese believe more ingredients are better, at least for western food. As an example, the Salsa meat pizza uses salsa for sauce, with mayonnaise, cheese, onion, corn, bacon, diced tomatoes, black pepper, parsley, garlic olive oil, and mini sausages (hot dogs) as ingredients.

Yeah, that pizza would be totally the norm at any Korean pizza chain.

"Let's add tempura shrimp! And corn!" And if that's not enough Pizza School (a fairly popular chain here) is currently offering a pizza called LOIN CREPE PIZZA.

LOIN CREPE PIZZA, you guys.

RUVCwyu.jpg
    "Sandra has a good solid anti-murderer vibe. My skin felt very secure and sufficiently attached to my body when I met her. Also my organs." HAIL SATAN
  • Options
    BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    Karl wrote:
    Has anyone tried a duck and spring onion pizza? The ones I've eaten had the tomato sauce substituted for hoisin. They taste amazing.

oh god i have to try this

• Options
    Spectre-xSpectre-x Rating: AWESOME YESRegistered User regular
    I'm not super fond of most types of pizza and I don't like beer at all.

Oh well.

• Options
    Beasteh wrote:
    Karl wrote:

oh god i have to try this

You might find it too sickly sweet after awhile (some of my friends did) but I loved it. Never seen it at a proper pizza place. The only place I know in my area that does it is a pub.

Pubs that serve pizzas (and only pizzas) is becoming a thing where I live. Like you split a pizza between a few of ya brah's whilst you have a few pints. I fully endorse this becoming more prevalent.

• Options
    GatsbyGatsby Registered User regular
    You know what I like? Pepperoni, anchovies, olives and either mushrooms or capsicum. That's a damn fine topping.

• Options
    TurambarTurambar Independent Registered User regular
    whose cum?

Steam: turamb | Origin: Turamb | 3DS: 3411-1109-4537 | NNID: Turambar | Warframe(PC): Turamb
  • Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    Druhim wrote:
    shit does the olive garden even serve pizza?

Wait, wait, are you calling Olive Garden artisan?

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

nope! I was gonna say "shit dude if even the olive garden doesn't serve pizza, then the whole fancy restaurants serve pizza thing is dead in the water"

but then olive garden had to go fuck it up for me

• Options
    I've heard good things about olives on pizza. I may have to give it a go sometime.

I've got a friend who doesn't like pizza. His argument is that he doesn't like the toppings.

Now, I'm under the impression that pizza is one of the most versatile foods in existence. Sometimes I just want to shake him for his silliness.

• Options
    MysstMysst King Monkey of Hedonism IslandRegistered User regular
    I had arugula on a pizza recently. it was put on top, not baked with, so it wasn't all nasty and greasy

ikbUJdU.jpg
  • Options
    skettiosskettios Enchanted ForestRegistered User regular
    godmode wrote:
    Dichotomy wrote:
    confession I actually think the little caesar's $5 pizzas are my favorite pizzas ever pizzas

I'm a big fan of the Crazy Bread. That pizza is pretty sad, though.

Crazy Bread is addictive! Love that stuff.

• Options
    How late do people's pizza places stay open? Where I'm at, the local chains stop delivering around 9 or 10. Some of the chains stop at midnight. Think only Dominoes stays open till 2a

• Options
    MysstMysst King Monkey of Hedonism IslandRegistered User regular
    little ceasars is my plan on how to retire

just drop that shit right near a college campus. BAM, time for a cruise

ikbUJdU.jpg
  • Options
    Mysst wrote:
    little ceasars is my plan on how to retire

just drop that shit right near a college campus. BAM, time for a cruise

Yup.
    We lived near one for a bit. Frequented it a bit.

• Options
    DruhimDruhim Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Tonkka wrote: »
    Mushrooms are a waste of a topping as far as I'm concerned.

The argument I always hear is that they soak up all the other flavors.

Get another topping instead.

If these mushrooms aren't going to send me through space and time, I am not eating them.

Mushrooms soak up other flavors when they're cooked in soups, stews, or sauces. On a pizza they'll just taste like mushrooms which is just fine by me, because shrooms are great.

belruelotterav-1.jpg