As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Happy Valentine's Day!

1101112131416»

• Options
    fightinfilipinofightinfilipino Angry as Hell #BLMRegistered User regular
    Grey Ghost wrote:
    isn't the worldwide cocoa plant supply on the verge of collapse? like, total exhaustion from too much demand?

Many died in the Chocolate Wars of the 2010s

no really! i distinctly remember seeing a news piece looking at worldwide cocoa supplies versus worldwide chocolate demand and concluding that demand is outstripping supply by a lot.

ffNewSig.png
    steam | Dokkan: 868846562
  • Options
    lostwordslostwords Registered User regular
    So you're saying start stockpiling chocolates? Waaaay ahead of you

rat.jpg tumbler? steam/ps3 thingie: lostwords Amazon Wishlist!
  • Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    I am willing to do unspeakable things to get a Cadbury Egg.

They do not sell them here at all.

eh girl *snaps suspenders*

• Options
    MaximumMaximum Registered User regular
    Grey Ghost wrote:
    isn't the worldwide cocoa plant supply on the verge of collapse? like, total exhaustion from too much demand?

Many died in the Chocolate Wars of the 2010s

no really! i distinctly remember seeing a news piece looking at worldwide cocoa supplies versus worldwide chocolate demand and concluding that demand is outstripping supply by a lot.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/02/13/chocolate-shortage_n_1273795.html

Thanks a lot global warming

• Options
    TayaTaya Registered User regular
    If chocolate disappeared forever, it would kind of suck, but I think we'd probably survive.

• Options
    bowtiedsealbowtiedseal Registered User regular
    and the conditions in which chocolate is harvested in a lot of places are really abhorrent (what a poorly constructed sentence). whenever I remember this I tell myself I'm only going to buy chocolate that is fairly sourced but freaking cadbury eggs are tripping me up at the moment. I didn't buy any today! (because they didn't have any!)

• Options
    fightinfilipinofightinfilipino Angry as Hell #BLMRegistered User regular
    Taya wrote:
    If chocolate disappeared forever, it would kind of suck, but I think we'd probably survive.

i would not.

i'm pretty sure i would leave this planet if chocolate disappeared. maybe explore the stars for other chocolate-rich planets.

ffNewSig.png
    steam | Dokkan: 868846562
  • Options
    mensch-o-maticmensch-o-matic Registered User regular
    wed find some kind of cocoa substitute or genetically engineer a similar plant i guess

• Options
    inthistwilightinthistwilight Registered User regular
    I am willing to do unspeakable things to get a Cadbury Egg.

They do not sell them here at all.

I can't even imagine having an Easter without one. But I will admit that I'm jealous of those in the UK because they have access to those Creme Egg Twisted bars which just sound fantastic. But also, the UK and Canada get Cadbury McFlurry's?! Jealous.

• Options
    I had a Creme Egg McFlurry once and it was crazy good. I don't know if they still exist though.

I had some of these the other day:

IMG_5385.JPG

• Options
    What the heck? Those look crazy good. Seriously, the US needs to start making deals with the UK to bring over their awesome snacks.
    Or I just need to finally get a real passport and haul my ass to the UK.

• Options
    FerquinFerquin Snorlax Renton, WA, USARegistered User regular
    edited February 2012
    Taya wrote:
    I had a Creme Egg McFlurry once and it was crazy good. I don't know if they still exist though.

IMG_5385.JPG
    I realize that it's an illustration (as in a hand-drawn picture), but the way it depicts the snack cake is the yellow part actually looks like runny egg yolk. Gooey, runny egg yolk in the middle of fondant creme and choclate-covered brownie. Even the big yellow splash behind the logo reminds me of splattered egg yolk.

I imagine that they basically took the same yellow and white fondant creme they put in the regular Cadbury eggs and injected it in the middle of a brownie snack cake, right? Well, that illustration certainly doesn't represent what the yellow and white fondant creme actually looks like.

Ferquin on
    Ferquin N.C. Root
  • Options
    BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    i just ate a bunch of galaxy cake bars

like 10

• Options
    The illustration didn't turn me off from buying them.

• Options
    I suppose it's moot since I don't think they even sell these here. I'm assuming you're in Canada because of all the French text on the box?

Ima go buy some Cadbury eggs now.

Ferquin N.C. Root
  • Options
    Was anyone else surprised by the all chocolate Cadbury eggs? Or have I just been blind for a few years?
    You know what I do miss? The cookies and cream Cadbury eggs that they had shortly like 15 years ago.

• Options
    Ferquin wrote:
    I suppose it's moot since I don't think they even sell these here. I'm assuming you're in Canada because of all the French text on the box?

Ima go buy some Cadbury eggs now.

Yes. The box said "Release the Goo!" on it. The French said something like "liberer le fondant" and I don't know French but I imagine it means "Liberate the Fondant!" Which struck me as funny for some reason; I'm not sure why.

• Options
    VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    Taya wrote:

IMG_5385.JPG

We've had a huge influx of Creme Egg Twisted bars here over the past year.

cadtwisted.jpg

I've ended up completely banning myself from them because gosh dang I can't stop with just one.

• Options
    506198?$380X362$

• Options
    Taya wrote:
    Yes. The box said "Release the Goo!" on it. The French said something like "liberer le fondant" and I don't know French but I imagine it means "Liberate the Fondant!" Which struck me as funny for some reason; I'm not sure why.

Hee hee. I like that, "Release the Goo."

Eh, oh well. I'm not a brownie type of guy. Still looks like a big gooey egg yolk on the box to me. I'll just stick with regular Cadbury eggs.

Ferquin N.C. Root
  • Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    Cadbury Eggs always seem like an awesome idea and then I eat one and go "that was a horrible idea"

• Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    (I just ate half of a small angel food cake)

• Options
    mensch-o-maticmensch-o-matic Registered User regular
    Keith wrote:
    Cadbury Eggs always seem like an awesome idea and then I eat one and go "that was a horrible idea"

its like setting off a bomb in your mouth

every egg you eat has to rip a year out of the lifetime of your teeth it has to

• Options
    bowtiedsealbowtiedseal Registered User regular
    Keith wrote:

its like setting off a bomb in your mouth

every egg you eat has to rip a year out of the lifetime of your teeth it has to

apparently my teeth are in excellent health. I find this amazing considering how many cadbury eggs i've inflicted on them over the years.

• Options
    Thanks everyone. I now have a craving to eat a Cadbury Creme Egg.

• Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    America has pretty good dark chocolate, guys.

But yeah, remember when Hershey's was making kisses without real chocolate in them?

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    hershey's is so big that the town it was founded in changed its name to hersheys

that's a thing

• Options
    Baroque And RollBaroque And Roll Every spark of friendship and love Will die without a homeRegistered User regular
    Veldrin wrote:
    Taya wrote:

IMG_5385.JPG

We've had a huge influx of Creme Egg Twisted bars here over the past year.

cadtwisted.jpg

I've ended up completely banning myself from them because gosh dang I can't stop with just one.

MY GOD I WOULD EAT THIS FOREVER

2dtr87s.png
    SteamID: Baroque And Roll
  • Options
    hershey's is so big that the town it was founded in changed its name to hersheys

that's a thing

in 70 years it will be the United States of Hershey

every house will be made out of chocolate

it will be like Willy Wonka's Chocolate Factory but everywhere

• Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    I'm with Keith.

Cream eggs really do not taste very good.

• Options
    EdcrabEdcrab Actually a hack Registered User regular
    Solar wrote:
    Liiya wrote:

Thats not fair at all!

I wonder what it would be like to have a Valentine's Day with out work. I got a lot of guys on the day express how they were cross how they "had to buy something". No need to take it out on me.

Maybe those dudes would be less cross if they a) didn't buy it on the day

and b) weren't jerks about the whole thing

I mean I dunno but I am just saying

Look, have some sympathy for those poor tortured chaps forced by a decadent society into buying something nice for a loved one

cBY55.gifbmJsl.png