Options

Indie Game Bundle Notice & Discussion Thread [ NEW - Deep Space ]

• Options
    MithMith Registered User regular
    This may be blurring the definition a bit, but Indie Game Stand is a new outfit that seems to be operating like the indie bundles in several ways (pay what you want, Steam/Desura keys, etc.), but only one game at a time.

Anyway, for the next four days that game is SpaceChem. I got it in the Frozen Synapse bundle and it was a pretty awesome puzzle game.

• Options
    DrascinDrascin Registered User regular
    Dammit, I own all but two of the games in the current HiB. But I still want those two. Rochard and Shatter look pretty playable.

Steam ID: Right here.
  • Options
    TychoCelchuuuTychoCelchuuu PIGEON Registered User regular
    Dope ass Indie Royale bundle is up. To The Moon, Oil Rush, The Blackwell Deception, AVSEQ, Reprisal, and an album if you pay extra. To The Moon makes everyone cry, Oil Rush is a mediocre strategy game, The Blackwell Deception is part of a series of adventure games that are pretty dope, AVSEQ is a side project of the company making Sir, You Are Being Hunted, and Reprisal is a Populous clone.

• Options
    SumanaiSumanai muh PTRegistered User regular
    Just bought the new Indie Royale and all the games were automatically added to my Desura account. I don't remember this happening before... maybe because I skipped the last few Royales.

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    SaraLunaSaraLuna Registered User regular
    it's been doing that since they implemented the 'collection' feature.
    works in reverse too: I had one added to my collection that I didn't actually buy, but that someone gave me their desura key for.

• Options
    edited October 2012
    WHY ARE THERE SO MANY GOOD INDIE BUNDLES

WHY CAN'T IT STOP

I DON'T HAVE ANY MONEY ANYMORE

I have not bought Indie Gala 10 yet but that's a pretty neat lineup of games. Nothing mindblowing, but some fairly good games in there, like Majesty 2, Elven Legacy, Europa Universalis: Rome, Praetorians, and Knights of Honor. Plus Hearts of Iron II if you want an old Hearts of Iron. It also comes with East India Company, which is not so good, Lead & Gold, which is a ton of fun but dead (although sometimes we can get a bunch of PA people together to play, since you don't need a ton for a game to get started), and Omegalodon which is new and I dunno if it's good or not.

edit: plus you get 3 more games in the second week, 2 of which register on Steam and one which doesn't.

TychoCelchuuu on
  • Options
    Marty81Marty81 Registered User regular
    Frem wrote: »
    Can someone tell me about the games that aren't SPAZ and Torchlight?

As Super Meat Boy is to Mario, Dustforce is to Sonic the Hedgehog. The physics are great, and characters have a bit of heft to them. Heft that you can use on hills to build up a lot of speed in order to launch them ridiculous distances into the air. I bought it at release, and have no regrets about doing so. Just be aware that this happens about 14 hours in, and you probably won't be ready for it. Up until that, it's pretty much amazing.

I'm not sure I get the idea here. Is it that there's a really big difficulty spike at some point? I haven't played Dustforce yet so I don't understand what's going on in the picture.

• Options
    TehSpectreTehSpectre Registered User regular
    If that Indie Royale bundle is still up, I would suggest getting it just for To the Moon, which is one of my games of the year.

I seriously broke down and cried big manly tears.

9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • Options
    corky842corky842 Registered User regular
    Yep, it's still going. Less than 11 hours to go right now.

• Options
    Link for the lazy because it's so totally worth buying.

• Options
    TurkeyTurkey So, Usoop. TampaRegistered User regular
    Oh goddammit, if it was up for one more week I'd be able get it.

• Options
    FremFrem Registered User regular
    Marty81 wrote: »

As Super Meat Boy is to Mario, Dustforce is to Sonic the Hedgehog. The physics are great, and characters have a bit of heft to them. Heft that you can use on hills to build up a lot of speed in order to launch them ridiculous distances into the air. I bought it at release, and have no regrets about doing so. Just be aware that this happens about 14 hours in, and you probably won't be ready for it. Up until that, it's pretty much amazing.

I'm not sure I get the idea here. Is it that there's a really big difficulty spike at some point? I haven't played Dustforce yet so I don't understand what's going on in the picture.

It's a platformer. Those grey spire thingies are solid ground. You will note how little of it there is.

• Options
    jothkijothki Registered User regular
    Marty81 wrote: »

It's a platformer. Those grey spire thingies are solid ground. You will note how little of it there is.

My thought on looking at that was 'hey, it's like N, but with more room to stand!'

• Options
    The new Indie Royale is pretty cool. It has Pathologic.

• Options
    testsubject23testsubject23 King of No Sleep ZzzzzzzRegistered User regular
    Yeah, picked that one up for Pathologic. The Sam & Max: Devil's Playhouse season is worth the price of admission, too, I'd expect.

camo_sig2.png
    Steam: Chaos Introvert | Twitch.tv: Chaos_Introvert | R*SC: Chaos_Introvert | PSN: testsubject23
  • Options
    Looks like Groupees decided to make a Halloween bundle too: http://groupees.com/damned

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    D: But I need money, for foods. I...
    <sigh>
    <buys bundle>

camo_sig2.png
    Steam: Chaos Introvert | Twitch.tv: Chaos_Introvert | R*SC: Chaos_Introvert | PSN: testsubject23
  • Options
    It's not technically a bundle, but IndieGameStand is selling Gimbal. If you haven't heard of Gimbal then... well just click the link, why should I bother trying to describe it when they've already done it better than I could?

• Options
    New bonus game unlocked on the Indie Gala X, Commander: Conquest of the Americas.

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    New Humble Bundle for Android 4!

Splice
    Eufloria
    Walking Mars
    Crayon Physics Deluxe
    Superbrothers: Sword & Sworcery EP
    Machinarium (beat the average)

Steam key for all games should also be available, except for Walking Mars that is still on Greenlight.

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    it has separate keys for all four games, which is nice since 3 are repeats

• Options
    AsheAshe Registered User regular
    The new Indie Royale has landed too. The Harvest Bundle includes:

Mutant Mudds
    Pineapple Smash Crew
    Spirits
    BasketBelle
    Avernum: The Great Trials Trilogy (4-6)

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    there's a new indie game music bundle up.
    $1 minimum for: Spelunky, Retro City Rampage, Indie Game: the Movie, Dear Esther, & Shoot Many Robots soundtracks

• Options
    darunia106darunia106 J-bob in games Death MountainRegistered User regular
    edited November 2012
    there's a new indie game music bundle up.
    $1 minimum for: Spelunky, Retro City Rampage, Indie Game: the Movie, Dear Esther, & Shoot Many Robots soundtracks

Dangit I'm trying to be all responsible and save money for Christmas and junk, why'd they gotta be like that? Video game music is my kryptonite!

I'll probably cave before the last day of the sale though.

darunia106 on
    pHWHd2G.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    New Indie Royale is up. A neat cardboard point & click adventure, a Twin Peaks inspired Professor Layton-like, a city building game with sand in all of its crevices, a tower attack game, and a game I've never heard of with a monkey, all await you!

TychoCelchuuu on
  • Options
    Rhan9Rhan9 Registered User regular
    I had a copy of Children of the Nile somewhere. It's a solid game in the vein of Impressions city-builders like Zeus, Pharaoh and Rome. Didn't get far into it before losing my CDs in a move though. Puzzle Agent 2 seems intriguing too.

• Options
    Groupees Build-A-Bundle 4 is up, too.

Pick 2 or more from this list, pay what you want (above the minimum), the usual:

Stellar Impact (Steam)
    Robin Hood: The Legend of Sherwood (Steam)
    Vitrum + Soundtrack (Desura / Direct DL)
    Qasir Al-Wasat: A Night in Between (Desura / Direct DL)
    Men of War (Steam)
    Fantasy Wars (Steam)
    Zombies (Desura / Direct DL)
    Velvet Assassin (Steam)
    Orczz (Desura / Direct DL)

Bunch of music and Insecticide Ep 1 (Steam) as bonuses for goals, already unlocked.

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    mere_immortalmere_immortal So tasty!Registered User regular
    Super awesome new idea bundle!
    Double Fine’s Amnesia Fortnight has become a fairly well known event by the developer. For two weeks every year, everyone at the company stops what they’re working on, and get together in small teams to create prototypes for new game ideas. And since 2009, all the games the studio have released have been born from these creative weeks. The likes of Costume Quest and Stacking came out of this elaborate brainstorm. This year they’re doing it differently. “We’re letting the world in on it,” explained studio head Tim Schafer to me this evening, in an interview to appear later tonight. Via Humble Bundle, we get to vote on the 23 pitches to pick the four that will be created as prototypes. And then the whole process of developing will be live-streamed, with the finished projects available to everyone who paid.

And because it’s a Humble Bundle, that’s paying whatever you like, including diverting all the money to the Child’s Play charity, should you so wish. Once you’ve paid, along with receiving the four prototypes once they’re completed, you’ll also get the prototype versions for two previous Double Fine projects. Happy Song is the earliest incarnation of what would become their making-a-Kinect-worth-owning Once Upon A Monster, and Costume Quest is – well – the prototype for Costume Quest. Both are hugely different from the finished projects, says Schafer, which he hopes should be interesting for fans of their games.

You can view all 23 of the 30 second pitch videos on the Humble site, and then decide which you want to see made into the games before the games. Will they include Cloud Prix – a cloud surfing side-scroller? Or Primordial Slime, a touch-screen game (What they? -Ed) helping a blob of ooze escape from a lab. Maybe Black Lake, in a forest filled with the dreams of the inhabiting animals, protecting them from a darkness that wants to consume their sleepytime thoughts. Or perhaps Silent But Deadly – a smell-based game where you “must escape an office building after pooping your pants.” EVERYONE VOTE FOR SILENT BUT DEADLY.

Tim Schafer explains more in this inevitably hilarious video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=WTl2V3EDJik

And I’ve had a chat with him about it that I’ll post as soon as I’m done frantically transcribing.

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2012/11/19/amnesia-fortnight-decide-double-fines-next-prototypes/

Steam: mere_immortal - PSN: mere_immortal - XBL: lego pencil - Wii U: mimmortal - 3DS: 1521-7234-1642 - Bordgamegeek: mere_immortal
  • Options
    Al BaronAl Baron Registered User regular
    Bullio wrote: »
    If THQ stays solvent enough to make this happen, that will be the first time a somewhat big publisher gets in on this.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
    edited November 2012
    Stuffing bundle is up. Mmm. Stuffing.

http://www.indieroyale.com/

edit: I was beaten.

I think I want this for children of the nile. I love city building, and this one looks interesting.

anoffday on
    Steam: offday
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    We have an Amnesia Fortnight thread now since it's not really an Indie Bundle. THQ technically wouldn't be one either because they're not indie :P But a THQ bundle would be super interesting.

TychoCelchuuu on
  • Options
    IndieGameStand's latest is Aztaka.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Latest Indie Gala: http://www.indiegala.com/
    Not sure what to think of it.

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    darleysamdarleysam On my way to UKRegistered User regular
    Sumanai wrote: »

If I had unlimited time to play things on a PC, that bundle would entertain me for hours.

forumsig.png
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    Sumanai wrote: »

Fascinating stuff. Mundane-simulators are go!

Ashe on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    As someone with a soft spot for obscure simulator games, this is juuuust right.

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    rikdalyrikdaly Registered User regular
    no Farming Simulator though :(

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    If it had the farming sim (even last year's), I'd be going apeshit. As it stands I'm merely quite pleased. :)

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular
    As someone with a soft spot for obscure simulator games, this is juuuust right.

I think I might pick this up when I get home. It's games that never would be on my Christmas list for my Santa/wife but know I'd play the crud out of - Traffic Manager looks right up my alley. I don't have a Desura account though - is that a client they have to be run out of or will I be able to add them as a non-Steam game just fine?