As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Indie Game Bundle Notice & Discussion Thread [ NEW - Deep Space ]

• Options
    LepwaveLepwave Registered User regular
    Hm, won't let me create an account on indieroyale. Oh well, try again tomorrow when I'm more than half awake.

XBL/CoX tags - Lepwave/@Lepwave
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    CatshadeCatshade Registered User regular
    edited June 2012
    Indie Royale June Bug Bundle is up! 4 games:

Pixeljunk Eden
    Escape Goat
    Noitu Love 2
    Auditorium

All but Escape Goat has Steam key.

Catshade on
  • Options
    AddaAdda LondonRegistered User regular
    An updated Iconoclasts Alpha is probably the gem in this bundle in my opinion.

steam_sig.png
    I want to know more PA people on Twitter.
  • Options
    BullioBullio Registered User regular
    I have no idea what's going on in that PixelJunk Eden trailer. Apparently you fling shrimp at line art?

Noitu Love 2: Devolution looks pretty cool, sort of like Gunstar Heroes but without the shooting.

Probably going to skip this one, though. Do we know what the bonus is for having bought 5 IRB's?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular
    edited June 2012
    I enjoyed PixelJunk Eden on the PS3, but I don't think I made it even halfway through before stopping. The goal, if I remember correctly, is pretty simple: traverse the environment upwards and cause various plant-like things to grow so you can climb on their branches, etc.

edit: traversal basically involved this grapple-swing-and-release method.

PixelJunk Shooter 1 and 2, on the other hand, is far more enjoyable to me. It'd be cool if they brought those out to the PC.

SteevL on
  • Options
    heenatoheenato Alice Leywind Registered User regular
    Noitu love 2 is a REALLY good game, if a bit short. It's well worth the minimum price. Haven't seen any of the others before, but they look interesting.

M A G I K A Z A M
  • Options
    DrakeDrake Edgelord Trash Below the ecliptic plane.Registered User regular
    June Bug Bundle is good bundle.

I've briefly checked out everything but Escape Goat (gonna do that in a few here), and the Iconoclasts Alpha. Auditorium is super intriguing, Noitu Love is a great mix of frantic action and awesome controls, and Pixeljunk Eden is super tasty and pretty relaxing for a 2D platformer.

• Options
    IdolNinjaIdolNinja Registered User regular
    Escape Goat is absolutely brilliant; chock full of oldschool charming 2D puzzle platforming goodness, friendly mouse companions, mystical sheep, and magic hats. The bundle is worth the price of admission just for that.

I'm also really digging Pixeljunk Eden as well.

• Options
    Fig-DFig-D Tustin, CA, USRegistered User regular
    This (June Bug) is going to be the bundle that a lot of people pass over and will only realize once its over what a terrible mistake they've made.

SteamID - Fig-D :: PSN - Fig-D
  • Options
    Yep.

Escape Goat is my pick for best game in the June Bug bundle.

• Options
    striderjgstriderjg Registered User regular
    Based on the vids, escape goat is what pushed me to pull the trigger on this one. Too bad it's the one without the steam key. Gotta fit it in to the backlog somehow...... oh god the backlog.... it's threatening to smother me.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    If you are regularly buying Indie Royales having a Desura account is a great thing. Everything in these bundles registers on the service, it's very unobtrusive and has some nice Steam-like features. And a feature I wish Steam would implement; It will not update a game until you give it the all-clear. You can set it for auto-updates too. Also, every update gives you a change log. You paying attention here Steam?

• Options
    Ya, I got a desura account actually before indie royale existed for a portal mod that was only distributed through desura. I don't have anything against it, just like having things in one place. Now drm free download + steam key is of course ideal:) Anyways, enough OT.
    Just so something on topic they have added escape goat OST and exclusive remix OST to the June bug bundle.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Raiden333Raiden333 Registered User regular
    Auditorium: Absolutely lovely.
    Pixeljunk Eden: Simple and elegant and wonderful.

Haven't dived into the other 2 yet.

There was a steam sig here. It's gone now.
  • Options
    You gotta try Escape Goat. Seriously.

I'm really looking forward to trying out the level editor once I finish off the game. I've taken a quick look at it and it's dead simple to use, but the variety of gameplay and puzzle solving available makes the possibilities really exciting.

• Options
    TychoCelchuuuTychoCelchuuu PIGEON Registered User regular
    And Noitu Love 2 is lots of fun also, although I suck at it. Nice looking pixel art.

• Options
    DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    Escape Goat's soundtrack is really good and can be gotten for free from the dev's website, along with the soundtracks to his two other games, Soulcaster 1 and 2 (which are also really good games with good soundtracks). You can also buy Soulcaster 1 and 2 from his website for $5 which is a great price for those games

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    mntorankusumntorankusu I'm not sure how to use this thing.... Registered User regular
    I seem to be completely incapable of buying any bundle that isn't a Humble bundle.

I want these games

but I can not make it happen

• Options
    starmanbrandstarmanbrand Registered User regular
    edited June 2012
    Indie Royale seems to hit that perfect spot for me. They bundle games that I am interested in (or look interesting enough) but not enough to warrant a solo purchase. The price point is worse than HIB, but still great for what you get. HIB may get the big names, but like the last bundle, I owned 100% of it.

starmanbrand on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    Indie Royale seems to hit that perfect spot for me. They bundle games that I am interested in (or look interesting enough) but not enough to warrant a solo purchase. The price point is worse than HIB, but still great for what you get. HIB may get the big names, but like the last bundle, I owned 100% of it.

Yeah I'm of the exact same opinion. The royale collections are often obscure yet desirable but the HIB is insane if you never buy games outside of it.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    The price point is worse than HIB? The price hovers around $4-6! If you're paying less than that for the HIB then I guess that's your choice but that's still really low.

• Options
    starmanbrandstarmanbrand Registered User regular
    guys escape goat is so good.

oh man.

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    I've been enjoying it too. I really like how when you get to the edge of a platform, Goat will stand on the edge in the way goats stand on edges of things.

OK you know what let's just take a screenshot to illustrate my point:

Normal goat:
    normalgoat.jpg

Edge goat:
    edgegoat.jpg

I just love his little stare at you. Small touches like this make the difference between a good game and a great game.

• Options
    DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    The fact that it's so expressive despite being so simple is what really amazes me.

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    SaraLunaSaraLuna Registered User regular
    android indie gala is up:
    -Great Little War Game
    -Cardinal Quest
    -Smiles HD
    -Legends of Yore
    + for over $4:
    -Manor of the Damned
    -Turba
    -Pittri 1977

you only get pc copies if you pay more than average and only turba is on steam (a few things are on desura though)

• Options
    And escaped the escape goat from the main game tonight:) Good fun. On the easy side and short but good times:) Looking forward to seeing if the challenge levels up next raise the bar.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Gandalf_the_CrazedGandalf_the_Crazed Vigilo ConfidoRegistered User regular
    Most of the Escape Goat levels are just a matter of taking one logical step at a time, in situations where you don't have many options at any given point in time.

But then, every once in a while, I'm just like, "Fucking seriously?"

Great game.

PEUsig_zps56da03ec.jpg
  • Options
    Ya, I just took a stab at the All Intensive Purposes and holy bejeases the difficulty went up:) Only made it up to room 5 in the hinterlands so far but all have had much higher difficulty. Room 4 was the devil... of the fun but pad wrecking variety.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    GlalGlal AiredaleRegistered User regular
    striderjg wrote: »
    And escaped the escape goat from the main game tonight:) Good fun. On the easy side and short but good times:) Looking forward to seeing if the challenge levels up next raise the bar.
    AHAHA! If. Oh man.

• Options
    RydlRydl Registered User new member
    edited June 2012
    I don't see the newest IndieFort Bundle posted here:

You get all 6 games for $6 and you have the option of giving more to the devs if you want.

Bundle Link: http://www.gamersgate.com/indiefort-bundle

Games:
    Intrusion 2
    Aztaka
    Dark Scavenger
    Fortix 2
    Demise Ascension

Game Info and trailers: http://www.indiegamemag.com/indiefort-bundle-2/
    Bundle Review: http://www.backlogjourney.com/2012/06/indie-fort-2-return-of-fort.html

Rydl on
  • Options
    alexanderswangalexanderswang Registered User regular
    Be Mine 3 is up now!

There is always a way.
  • Options
    POKÉMON MASTER WT SHERMANPOKÉMON MASTER WT SHERMAN i can make this march and i will make georgia howlRegistered User regular
    Be Mine 3 is up now!
    Maybe you're considering paying the extra $2 for Garshasp.

Don't.

vQ77AtR.png
    steam | xbox live: IGNORANT HARLOT | psn: MadRoll | nintendo network: spinach
    3ds: 1504-5717-8252
  • Options
    TurkeyTurkey So, Usoop. TampaRegistered User regular
    Indie Gala VI is up!

Is it kosher to give away keys for games I already own? If so, I have a copy of The Void for whoever wants it.

• Options
    Turkey wrote: »
    Indie Gala VI is up!

Is it kosher to give away keys for games I already own? If so, I have a copy of The Void for whoever wants it.

Yeah I think so. Giving away keys for an alternate service after using one is debatable but for games you already own it's cool of people :)

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Oh sweet, then if anyone wants it just shoot me a PM and I'll send the code back.

• Options
    BloodySlothBloodySloth Registered User regular
    It's really cool to see love for Escape Goat here. I got it on a whim when it was still an Xbox Live Indie Game, and thought it was brilliant.

• Options
    Just wanted to mention that Commandos is freakin' awesome. It's basically a squad-based top-down Hitman game.

• Options
    NintenNinten Registered User regular
    Turkey wrote: »
    Just wanted to mention that Commandos is freakin' awesome. It's basically a squad-based top-down Hitman game.

I loved Commandos, but damn, it was very hard. 2 is the best one, in my opinion.

• Options
    rikdalyrikdaly Registered User regular
    Postal 2 just got added to the Be Mine bundle, registers on Desura

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    RandomHajileRandomHajile Not actually a Snatcher The New KremlinRegistered User regular
    rikdaly wrote: »
    Postal 2 just got added to the Be Mine bundle, registers on Desura

For a second there, I thought that said Portal 2, and my mind turned inside-out.