As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Wiz-War Tournament] Game 4 - This war is over (El Skid WINS)

13»

• Options
    El SkidEl Skid The frozen white northRegistered User regular
    I really was going to put in an order to run over to some treasure like a little girl, then realized that I could maybe potentially do it, then decided to try it, because it was way more awesome than running away like a little girl. Glad I did, in retrospect :)

• Options
    ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    Werewolf SeGaTai feels his adrenaline fade from body as the yellow wizard darts through the portal. He boosts and follows through the portal. Seeing a giant magic door, he assumes his quarry is behind it and runs around the other side of the wall. There was the yellow wizard holding one of his treasures. Werewolf SeGaTai clawed the yellow wizard in the face in retaliation and then backed off as he felt himself losing control of his transformation. After a safe distance, he reverted back to his human form. Now without clothes, naked SeGaTai creates a wall of fire to keep himself warm in this suddenly cold maze.

actual orders:
    Discard Extra Arms to boost for 3 (7MP),
    Move through Green portal to A8,
    Claw Yellow in the face,
    move to B9,
    discard werewolf form,
    Cast Wall of Fire at B9/C9.
    Wall of Fire | Neutral/Counter | LOS | Permanent | Fire : Create a 1 square long barrier of fire on a target border line between 2 squares. Any wizard passing through Wall of Fire suffers 4 magical fire damage. This spell is not an attack and cannot be evaded. OR counter any target Water spell as it is cast, in which case the two spells cancel each other out.
    Discard 0, Draw 2 cards

updated map and players:
    Game4-10.png

Gandalf_the_Crazed Death by Slime Snu-Snu

Naked SeGaTai
    VP - 0
    Life - 15
    Cards in hand - 4
    Sustained Spells/Held Items:
    Wall of Fire | Neutral/Counter | Permanent | Fire : Create a 1 square long barrier of fire on a target border line between 2 squares. Any wizard passing through Wall of Fire suffers 4 magical fire damage. This spell is not an attack and cannot be evaded. OR counter any target Water spell as it is cast, in which case the two spells cancel each other out.

El Skid <- Current Turn
    VP - 1
    Life - 8
    Cards in Hand - 5
    Red Treasure

El Skid is sick of this damn werewolf clawing and chasing him everywhere. Bleeding and hurt, he wonders if he'll be able to get this treasure back to his glyph...

• Options
    Orders in!

• Options
    edited February 2012
    El Skid could still hear his enemy waiting for him right outside the door. If the werewolf was going to claw him, he would make it as hard on the creature as possible. El Skid wrapped himself in a fire cloak and burst through the door.

There was a naked man.

And a Wall of Fire.

He laughed, Dispelled the Wall of Fire, and nodded to the naked man as he boosted through the portal and back to his Glyph.

If the legends were true, dropping the treasure on his glyph would give him his second victory point and allow him to get out of this horrible, deathtrap of a maze. Taking a deep breath, he set the red treasure down and waited...

"YELLOW has captured RED'S TREASURE!! YELLOW HAS BEEN AWARDED A SECOND VICTORY POINT!!! Yellow will be released from this maze, while those who are left will be condemned to THE PIT."

El Skid sighed and finally relaxed, "Released from this maze. Finally....

Wait.

WAIT!

This maze?!

goddamnit"

actual orders:
    Cast Fire Cloak
    Fire Cloak | Item | Self | Permanent | Fire : While carrying this item, you punch for an additional 2 magical fire damage. Any object or wizard that deals you damage from your square or an adjacent square suffers 2 magical fire damage after damaging you. If you suffer any water damage, Fire cloak is destroyed and does not damage your attacker.
    Cast Dispel on the wall of fire
    Discard energy for movement boost
    Move down
    Move down
    Move through the portal
    Move up
    Move up
    Drop treasure

updated map and players:
    Game4-11.png

Gandalf_the_Crazed Death by Slime Snu-Snu

Naked SeGaTai
    VP - 0
    Life - 15
    Cards in hand - 4

El Skid WINS
    VP - 2 (1 from killing Gandalf_the_Crazed)
    Life - 8
    Cards in Hand - 3
    Red Treasure
    Fire Cloak | Item | Self | Permanent | Fire : While carrying this item, you punch for an additional 2 magical fire damage. Any object or wizard that deals you damage from your square or an adjacent square suffers 2 magical fire damage after damaging you. If you suffer any water damage, Fire cloak is destroyed and does not damage your attacker.

ObiFett on
  • Options
    Gandalf_the_CrazedGandalf_the_Crazed Vigilo ConfidoRegistered User regular
    Welcome to the Pit, SeGaTai.

I propose an alliance, for these reasons:
    1) To prove the dominance of the players of Game 4
    2) If we start fighting each other now, at the very beginning, there is no way either of us will outlast everyone else.

PEUsig_zps56da03ec.jpg
  • Options
    SeGaTaiSeGaTai Registered User regular
    Agreed. cylon victory if the only pit victory

PSN SeGaTai
  • Options
    I got incredibly lucky with this- you were both worthy opponents (GtC's treasure hiding was evil).

• Options
    GtC opening two moves were the best I have ever seen in a Wiz-War game. Period.

It really surprised me when he went down as fast as he did. You guys were ruthless.

• Options
    SeGaTaiSeGaTai Registered User regular
    I don't know what else I was supposed to do with my hand of cards, rarely got anything worth any energy and had more counter spells than I would ever need(probably why GtC didn't get any :) ) May have made more sense to go after Skid the way turn order worked out

PSN SeGaTai
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    Well after careful analysis, I realized my fatal mistake: I went through that door, instead of waiting on the other side of it for the werewolf stuff to wear off. Had I been more patient instead of using up all my movement points just because I had them, this game might still be going on. :P

EDIT: Well that, AND the fact the I apparently pissed off the deck gods or something.

Gandalf_the_Crazed on
    PEUsig_zps56da03ec.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    Didn't think about that GtC. That door + stone block would have kept you safe from the werewolf for a while.

You could have also used all your movement points to go West and ended up just as close to a yellow treasure and still in relative safety.

ObiFett on
  • Options
    ObiFett wrote: »
    Didn't think about that GtC. That door + stone block would have kept you safe from the werewolf for a while.

You could have also used all your movement points to go West and ended up just as close to a yellow treasure and still in relative safety.

...godsdammit, you're right.

PEUsig_zps56da03ec.jpg