As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Nintendo eShop] THREAD IS DEAD! POST IN THE NEW ONE!

• Options
    Sangheili91Sangheili91 Registered User regular
    Ohh Mario Picross is fun. It's like Picross 3d, but retro.

• Options
    Ov3rchargeOv3rcharge R.I.P. Mass Effect You were dead to me for yearsRegistered User regular
    EVOL wrote: »
    Donnicton wrote: »
    anoffday wrote: »
    anoffday wrote: »
    I'm actually surprised he even tried to get it on the eshop. Did anyone actually think it'd pass? I love Nintendo, but this is the same company that gives us random numbers to go online with instead of letting us choose names because they think it's safer.

Again, it has nothing to do with Nintendo at all. Nintendo allows all the same content on their system that the other platform holders do.

How do you figure that? Who turned it down then? Also, you can't really compare TBOI to the games you named like BMXXX or Mad World. Violence? Nudity? So what? Though it may not be to you, the story, certain power-ups, etc. are extremely offensive to a lot of people. In Nintendo's defense, I really don't think any of the major consoles want to touch the game or be associated with it. Have you played it? I know people who normally play anything who just didn't feel right about playing the game.

From his twitter:

Attention: After a long internal debate Nintendo has decided NOT to allow the Binding of Isaac on the 3ds. :(

Again, I really think it'd be in his best interests to make games that don't always offend the shit out of people. Free speech, blah, blah, whatever we get it. You've made your point. Now just try to make one game that isn't extremely offensive or shocking.

http://arstechnica.com/gaming/news/2012/02/nintendo-blocks-3ds-binding-of-isaac-for-questionable-religious-content.ars

Apparently the official reason was due to 'questionable religious content'.

I wonder how questionable the religious aspects are over the rest of the game's imagery if that's what they zeroed in on. (Haven't played it myself, though I do have it on steam. Should really get around to that.)

Especially when you compare it to...say, Devil Survivor 1/OC, where you could
    turn against god and defeat Metatron in a boss battle

It really isn't comparable to the Megaten games at all. Megaten just implements parts of Christianity into it's lore, while BoI is pretty much a gigantic 'fuck you' to Christianity and it's believers.

I disagree, it's a big 'fuck you' to those who believe in Christianity to a fault, not to Christianity as a whole as evidenced by the first ending where
    God saves Isaac from his mother.
    Not to mention that the creator himself said that the game was a parody of the "scary Christian propaganda films of the 80s"

• Options
    maximumzeromaximumzero I...wait, what? New Orleans, LARegistered User regular
    Noticed today the new screen protector is on a bit crooked...trying my best to not let my OCD get the best me...got knows a reapplication would make things worse.

FU7kFbw.png
    Switch: 6200-8149-0919 / Wii U: maximumzero / 3DS: 0860-3352-3335 / eBay Shop
  • Options
    skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
    edited March 2012
    For people who enjoyed the demo on the eshop last week, it looks like Gamestop's offering Crush 3D for $19.99. Not sure how long this deal lasts though.

Edit: Though it does seem to be releasing a week later.

skeldare on
    Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    So, Nano Assault...yes/no?

Considering my B1G1 plans at TRU fell through this week I was thinking of picking this up at Gamestop since they have it for $20...while they have some stock left.

FU7kFbw.png
  • Options
    ZephiranZephiran Registered User regular
    I've heard good things about it, but for that price it seems like it'd be worth a purchase even if it isn't all up to snuff. I'd say you bite down on that sucker!

Alright and in this next scene all the animals have AIDS.

I got a little excited when I saw your ship.
  • Options
    Huh, so it looks Nintendo's actually letting us know what's coming to the eShop ahead of time.

http://www.joystiq.com/2012/03/06/3ds-eshop-releases-punch-out-on-march-8-game-gear-games-on-m/

Punchout this week, along with Fun! Fun! Minigolf Touch! for 3DSware. Also Game Gear games coming next week.

Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    ArcSynArcSyn Registered User regular
    AHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I deleted the demo game for Crush3d and now all of my games on the SD card are corrupted!!!!!!!!!!

4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • Options
    ArcSyn wrote: »
    AHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I deleted the demo game for Crush3d and now all of my games on the SD card are corrupted!!!!!!!!!!

What? How the heck does that happen!?!?

Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    skeldare wrote: »
    AHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I dunno! I exited the Settings menu after deleting the demo data, and when it loaded my SD card, 3/4 of my icons were blank, and the ones that did load didn't load the 3D icon on the top screen and would give an error when I tried to open them! I'm copying the card to my computer now. Hoping that somehow I can salvage this. I don't want to lose my save data from my games!

4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • Options
    b1rdmanb1rdman Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    So, Nano Assault...yes/no?

Considering my B1G1 plans at TRU fell through this week I was thinking of picking this up at Gamestop since they have it for $20...while they have some stock left.

^This. I also am interested, and want a new game for my 3DS so it won't get jealous of the attention the Vita is getting recently.
    Someone elaborate if possible on this game, and if you do end up getting it let me know what you think. Need some games for my flight to FL next week.

update: just watched the trailer. Seems like I'd like it, since I love shooters. Did you not find it at TRU? or do they not carry it, because I'd like to utilize their deal if this game is worth buying.

b1rdman on
    steam_sig.png
    3DS: 1118-0304-5441 | PSN: b1rdman385 | steam:b1rdman385 | BattleTag(Diablo 3): Marticus#1981 | NNID: b1rdman
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Just checked the TRU(edit: and Best Buy) website. OOS or not carried in a 20 mile radius. Dammit.

b1rdman on
    steam_sig.png
    3DS: 1118-0304-5441 | PSN: b1rdman385 | steam:b1rdman385 | BattleTag(Diablo 3): Marticus#1981 | NNID: b1rdman
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    b1rdman wrote: »
    Just checked the TRU(edit: and Best Buy) website. OOS or not carried in a 20 mile radius. Dammit.

I was actually looking to pick up Metal Gear Solid 3D as part of their sale this week, but they didn't have it, and while they did have Nano Assault, it was $29.99.

Since they don't have half of what I wanted I'll just grab it at Gamestop at its $19.99 normal price.

maximumzero on
    FU7kFbw.png
  • Options
    UncleSporkyUncleSporky Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    I enjoyed Nano Assault, but it's pretty short unless you're willing to put in the time to set high scores. A cheaper price is a must, $20 or so.

The 3D effect is very deep and it's a gorgeous game. It's a lot of fun to play too, both in the Super Stardust-like mode and the rail shooter type mode.

My main problem was that I had a freeze glitch with my save file. I could trigger it very easily, by submitting my score online at any time I'd immediately start to get total lockups at the end of every level from that point forward. This happened to quite a few people across the internet, but I don't think we could say it happens to everyone.

I got in contact with Shin'en and Majesco, they hadn't been able to reproduce the problem, so I sent them my card with its glitched saves. They sent it to Nintendo, who couldn't figure out what was wrong with it either...basically everyone involved said "yep, your game's freezing alright" and they sent me a new copy in the hopes that it might not have the same problem. I haven't tried it yet due to other games monopolizing my time.

UncleSporky on
    Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
  • Options

I was actually looking to pick up Metal Gear Solid 3D as part of their sale this week, but they didn't have it, and while they did have Nano Assault, it was $29.99.

Since they don't have half of what I wanted I'll just grab it at Gamestop at its $19.99 normal price.

That's weird. Thought I saw it on TRU site for 19.99. Oh well, not in stock in my area anyways

steam_sig.png
  • Options

That's weird. Thought I saw it on TRU site for 19.99. Oh well, not in stock in my area anyways

It's always possible that the lazy crew never updated the tag I suppose.

FU7kFbw.png
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Lost all my eShop games saves and save states. Lost all my streetpass puzzle progress outside of the stock panels (which I guess are on the system memory). :(

Going back through all those pushmo puzzles... Ugh, I was 18 puzzles from completing them all. I can't figure out where the save files actually are (why are companies so adamant about making filesystems uninterpretable. Just label the folder the game name, and name the save file save001.sav.

I'm going to start doing backups of my SD card before I erase ANYTHING from it from here on.

ArcSyn on
    4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • Options
    LBD_NytetraynLBD_Nytetrayn TorontoRegistered User regular
    skeldare wrote: »
    AHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I dunno! I exited the Settings menu after deleting the demo data, and when it loaded my SD card, 3/4 of my icons were blank, and the ones that did load didn't load the 3D icon on the top screen and would give an error when I tried to open them! I'm copying the card to my computer now. Hoping that somehow I can salvage this. I don't want to lose my save data from my games!

Yikes! Keep us informed... I downloaded the demo, but haven't opened it... it's quite a space hog, too.

Hopefully it's just an isolated incident...

qjWUWdm.gif1edr1cF.gifINPoYqL.png
    Like Mega Man Legends? Then check out my story, Legends of the Halcyon Era - An Adventure in the World of Mega Man Legends on TMMN and AO3!
  • Options
    Couple minutes before you, LBD...

That's too bad. I do keep backups of my SD card, maybe I should make another one.

Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
  • Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    I got the Swapnote message about the stationary. I'll send 'em to you if no one has yet. Don't want your inbox to get flooded. :)

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    bombmonkey_tease.gif

From the makers of Mutant Mudds...Bombmonkey! Clearly a puzzle game, can't have enough of those in our beloved eShop.

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    Sounds interesting. We'll have to wait and see just how good it actually is.

Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    I found my Pushmo save!!!! Haha!

I am so, so happy right now. I had to get a folder/file comparing tool, copied my SD card, completed a puzzle, and then compared the differences and found the Pushmo save. Now I just need to do the same somehow with my puzzles and Sakura Samurai and Swapnote. Is it sad that I'm more concerned about my puzzles than I am about Swapnote (no biggie to unlock the features again) or Sakura Samurai? I had a bunch of pink pieces and streetpasses are so rare for me.

4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • Options
    GodfatherGodfather Registered User regular
    Finally! I've been waiting for this software since October of last year, and it's almost here!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gXIExFl4NrY&feature=youtu.be

It's the entire reason why I bought a 3DS in the first place!

• Options
    I found and got all my swapnotes back!

Swapnote: extdata\00000000\00000517\00000000\00000001 through whatever are your notes
    title\00040000\00051700\data\00000001.sav is your save file

Pushmo: title\00040000\00068e00\data\00000001.sav

Going to try and find my streetpass puzzles next. I had tried this last night, but I guess I wasn't doing it granularly enough and it wasn't working. Now I've got it down, but it's time consuming.

4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • Options
    Brainiac 8Brainiac 8 Don't call me Shirley... Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    So on a whim I bought Dillon's Rolling Western and Mutant Mudds last night.

I haven't played Rolling Western yet, but I'm loving the classic NES feel of Mutant Mudds. It reminds me of my childhood.

Brainiac 8 on
    3DS Friend Code - 1032-1293-2997
    Nintendo Network ID - Brainiac_8
    PSN - Brainiac_8
    Steam - http://steamcommunity.com/id/BRAINIAC8/
    Add me!
  • Options
    Brainiac 8 wrote: »
    So on a whim I bought Dillon's Rolling Western and Mutant Mudds last night.

I haven't played Rolling Western yet, but I'm loving the classic NES feel of Mutant Mudds. It reminds me of my childhood.

In the same boat. Finished RE:R (still working on Raid Mode...where my PA people at?!) and I play Mutant Mudds while making dinner. On stage 17 or 18 now and the difficulty is picking up a bit. FUN!

Really want to start Rolling Western though, maybe next week after finals are over.

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    I found and got all my swapnotes back!

Swapnote: extdata\00000000\00000517\00000000\00000001 through whatever are your notes
    title\00040000\00051700\data\00000001.sav is your save file

Pushmo: title\00040000\00068e00\data\00000001.sav

Going to try and find my streetpass puzzles next. I had tried this last night, but I guess I wasn't doing it granularly enough and it wasn't working. Now I've got it down, but it's time consuming.

It appears that Swapnote data and Streetpass data is mixed together a bit. I got most (all?) of my puzzles back and I'm about to hire some wandering heroes to see if I'm in the same place on Find Mii 2.

Finished redownloading all my games during lunch. So now to try Sakura Samurai after I get streetpass straightened out.

ArcSyn on
    4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • Options
    Let this be a lesson to all of us; save your 3DS data onto your computer every once in a while.

"Don't get ArcSyn'd, back up your data!"

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    MNC Dover wrote: »
    Let this be a lesson to all of us; save your 3DS data onto your computer every once in a while.

"Don't get ArcSyn'd, back up your data!"

Ha! :D I'd suggest just doing backups before you delete any downloaded data. I don't know if it was truly the cause, but that's when it happened. I haven't had time to test Find Mii 2 yet or attempt to recover Sakura Samurai, but I'm lucky I've gotten stuff back so far.

4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • Options
    DaveTheWaveDaveTheWave Registered User regular
    I'm really impressed that you've managed to get all your stuff back. Do you think you had a bad SD card or could this happen with any card?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    I'm really impressed that you've managed to get all your stuff back. Do you think you had a bad SD card or could this happen with any card?

I imagine that during the delete process something happened with the index of the games on the SD card. That's the only thing I can think of that would affect it that way, similar to a bad database write/delete that can corrupt the index. It's not a generic brand SD card, but it isn't the official Nintendo one either. I'm actually back to using the stock SD card that came with it as I didn't want to touch the old one until I had recovered what I could from it. I'll probably make a backup of my current one and then copy it over to my 8GB card again.

I've done my fair share of save file wrangling on Nintendo consoles in the past. I had a N64 memory card adapter for the PC and have messed with the Wii's saves as well. I work in IT so troubleshooting this stuff is more of a challenge than an irritation. Though the thought of losing all this stuff (and having to go through Find Mii and purchase my Swapnot stationery again) and replaying Pushmo was certainly not an enjoyable notion. I love Pushmo, but the first half of the game would be so easy now I feel like I would have gotten tired of it before beating it again.

So after some more digging, it appears I've gotten back all of my Streetpass panel pieces and Find Mii 2 progress when I restored the data for Swapnote. So the data in folder 517 must be Nintendo's all purpose folder or official folder for 3DS stock and Nintendo apps.

I think the only things left I haven't recovered is my Pokedex data (don't really care that much or know how I'd find where it is. I can't force a new save to it like I can the games/Swapnote) and Sakura Samurai. I don't mind Sakura Samurai because it was enjoyable enough and short enough that I had wanted to play through it again anyway. Worst part is just that I lost my step count for the rock garden, but even that isn't huge since the trees reset after so many days anyway.

ArcSyn on
    4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • Options
    RidleySariaRidleySaria AnaheimRegistered User regular
    edited March 2012
    Now I'm afraid to delete the Crush 3D demo too.

Well played, Sega.

RidleySaria on
    -- Switch friend code: 2978-3296-1491 -- PSN: RidleySaria -- Genshin Impact UID: 607033509 --
  • Options
    Tonight I'll do a backup, download the Crush3D demo and then delete it again and see if it happens again. Let you know if it's repeatable or just a random glitch.

4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • Options
    agoajagoaj Top Tier One FearRegistered User regular
    You have to hit L to uncrush your memory before deleting Crush 3D.

ujav5b9gwj1s.png
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Fun! Fun! Minigolf Touch is out today, and it actually looks pretty dang good (link to Youtube because otherwise it's in cross-eye 3D mode here...).

It's a port of the Wiiware game with a lot of extra content.

It didn't review spectacularly on Wii, but that was $9 for 27 holes. This is $5 for 81 holes and is portable and 3D. :)

UncleSporky on
  • Options
    Sangheili91Sangheili91 Registered User regular
    agoaj wrote: »
    You have to hit L to uncrush your memory before deleting Crush 3D.

:^:

Glad to hear you got your stuff back, ArcSyn. I'll definitely make a back-up now!

• Options
    Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular
    Are there any good golf games out there for the 3ds? Physical or downloadable, 3ds or DS - doesn't matter to me - preferably with an old school 3 click system instead of motion controls? The one game I really miss in not having a PSP anymore is Hot Shots Golf - I found it to be a great stress reliever and wish I had some substitute for it.

Zen Pinball has to be my most played game at this point, along with Mario's Picross for digital stuff. I don't know if this counts as eshop but can someone clarify how the downloadable costumes for Dead or Alive get distributed? I got one seemingly at random and wonder how I can get the rest...

• Options
    Let's Golf is out for 3DSware. Also the new Fun! Fun! Minigolf came out today.

Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Are there any good golf games out there for the 3ds? Physical or downloadable, 3ds or DS - doesn't matter to me - preferably with an old school 3 click system instead of motion controls? The one game I really miss in not having a PSP anymore is Hot Shots Golf - I found it to be a great stress reliever and wish I had some substitute for it.

From what I understand, Let's Golf! 3D is sort of a toned down Hot Shots clone, as to be expected from Gameloft. My sister has it and I haven't really played it, but it didn't look too bad...6 characters, 6 courses. It uses touch screen tapping to set the power for your shot, so not really motion control, but still less precise than buttons. Apparently the 3D is shoddy at times, things don't look quite right (lens flare is at the same depth as the sky, thus "cutting holes" in the ground). Here's a review of it. Sounds like a product of being the first 3DSware ever.

The one that came out today (which is just minigolf and not full-fledged golf) sounds much better. According to a GAFfer's impressions, you can do it the traditional way with buttons or by touch control, and even the touch control is good; you don't slide the stylus to hit the ball, you just drag backward from the ball to set the power.

EDIT: There's a preview up for Fun Fun, sounds like is very different from the Wii game, with lots more reasons to play in single player, purchases, medals etc.

UncleSporky on
This discussion has been closed.