As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Nintendo eShop] THREAD IS DEAD! POST IN THE NEW ONE!

• Options
    ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    We were just talking about all the awesome Guild games. There's also Ducktales. Luigi too.

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    VyolynceVyolynce Registered User regular
    edited December 2013
    jeffinva wrote: »
    I have $25.85 in my wallet and nothing to buy for the WiiU except games I played in my childhood. Any suggestions - maybe I'm overlooking some gem? I suppose I could see what 3DS titles are available.

Little Inferno and Trine 2: Director's Cut are worth playing. Not sure what Trine's current price is, but I know Little Inferno should be at or under $10.

If you mean real-world monies then Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate is $20 new at GameStop...

Vyolynce on
  • Options
    TaramoorTaramoor Storyteller Registered User regular
    Nintendo's also been doing sales pretty regularly. I got digital RE for $20, same with Monster Hunter. If you wait a little bit you'll probably be able to pick up something awesome before the end of the year.

Also, buy Uncharted Waters for the VC.

• Options
    jeffinvajeffinva Koogler coming this summerRegistered User regular
    I've played Uncharted Waters through a few times on the SNES already, and again later via emulator. I saw it and it was tempting, but I think I'll pass. :D

• Options
    skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
    Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    Brainiac 8Brainiac 8 Don't call me Shirley... Registered User regular
    Pretty awesome deal if I didn't already have MMX on WiiU.

3DS Friend Code - 1032-1293-2997
    Nintendo Network ID - Brainiac_8
    PSN - Brainiac_8
    Steam - http://steamcommunity.com/id/BRAINIAC8/
    Add me!
  • Options
    HounHoun Registered User regular
    $2? I think I can afford that.

• Options
    urahonkyurahonky Resident FF7R hater Registered User regular
    Can someone tell me what the deal is. The image is blocked!

• Options
    edited December 2013
    urahonky wrote: »
    Can someone tell me what the deal is. The image is blocked!

Mega Man: Doctor Wily's Revenge and Mega Man X for $2 each.

skeldare on
    Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    DHS OdiumDHS Odium Registered User regular
    I'm so in for Mega Man X. I still have my SNES copy.

Wii U: DHS-Odium // Live: DHS Odium // PSN: DHSOdium // Steam: dhsykes // 3DS: 0318-6615-5294
  • Options
    HounHoun Registered User regular
    DHS Odium wrote: »
    I'm so in for Mega Man X. I still have my SNES copy.

MMX is still my favorite Mega Man game to this day; and dat soundtrack. Unf. I challenge anyone to name one bad track in that game.

• Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    Interesting/ Having beaten Zelda, I now need an actiony type game for train rides where I don't need to hear the music.

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    RenzoRenzo Registered User regular
    Interesting/ Having beaten Zelda, I now need an actiony type game for train rides where I don't need to hear the music.

But you did listen to the music in Zelda, right?

• Options
    KirbithKirbith I appear to be made of delicious cake. Registered User regular
    Oh awesome! I picked up a $20 eshop card on the way home and got Mega Man X downloaded. Any particular reason behind the two day sale?

Backloggery | Steam - Kirbith | PSN - Kirbith | 3DS: 4957-2249-4817
  • Options
    maximumzeromaximumzero I...wait, what? New Orleans, LARegistered User regular
    edited December 2013
    Kirbith wrote: »
    Oh awesome! I picked up a $20 eshop card on the way home and got Mega Man X downloaded. Any particular reason behind the two day sale?

That little holiday that's occurring in 9 days or so, I would guess.

maximumzero on
    FU7kFbw.png
    Switch: 6200-8149-0919 / Wii U: maximumzero / 3DS: 0860-3352-3335 / eBay Shop
  • Options
    LBD_NytetraynLBD_Nytetrayn TorontoRegistered User regular
    That eShop deal is a load of bull. Particularly the part they don't tell you-- that it's only good in the U.S.

Found that out trying to get Dr. Wily's Revenge. Never been my favorite-- far from it-- but for $2? Sure!

And no, changing your region no longer works-- not since the Nintendo Network ID update.

qjWUWdm.gif1edr1cF.gifINPoYqL.png
    Like Mega Man Legends? Then check out my story, Legends of the Halcyon Era - An Adventure in the World of Mega Man Legends on TMMN and AO3!
  • Options
    DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    I see what Nintendo's strategy is with the Gameboy mega man. $2 is a damn cheap way of increasing console sales and repair shop sales by way of shattered 3DS units.

• Options
    That eShop deal is a load of bull. Particularly the part they don't tell you-- that it's only good in the U.S.

Found that out trying to get Dr. Wily's Revenge. Never been my favorite-- far from it-- but for $2? Sure!

And no, changing your region no longer works-- not since the Nintendo Network ID update.

Wow, that's messed up. It'd be one thing if it were a code or something that was mailed out, but this is just a sale on the eShop...

Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    I forgot which mega man was which

• Options
    LBD_NytetraynLBD_Nytetrayn TorontoRegistered User regular
    Brainleech wrote: »
    I forgot which mega man was which

The blue one.

Kidding.

Rough guide:

Mega Man = NES

Mega Man X = Super NES

Mega Man Legends = PlayStation

Mega Man Battle Network = Game Boy Advance RPG

Mega Man Zero = GBA sidescroller

Mega Man Star Force = Nintendo DS RPG

Mega Man ZX = Nintendo DS sidescroller/Metroidvania.

...they've gone beyond that, in some cases (such as X continuing primarily on PS1, PS2, and PSP after X3), but that's how they're best known.

qjWUWdm.gif1edr1cF.gifINPoYqL.png
    Like Mega Man Legends? Then check out my story, Legends of the Halcyon Era - An Adventure in the World of Mega Man Legends on TMMN and AO3!
  • Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    I really liked Mega Man Battle Network but then that was a different era and I was in a different place so getting to play a game boy was a positive at that time
    And I had forgotten about Star force and a look at the prices on amazon and ebay make me wish I had left it that way

• Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    edited December 2013
    Renzo wrote: »

When I was at home, I usually tried to, yes. On the train, I can't really hear much. It's also why I avoid playing Phoenix Wright, because me and that series go way back and I need to hear the music in case it's as catchy as the other 5 games available in this country.

cooljammer00 on
    steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    Man of the WavesMan of the Waves Registered User regular
    Renzo wrote: »

When I was at home, I usually tried to, yes. On the train, I can't really hear much. It's also why I avoid playing Phoenix Wright, because me and that series go way back and I need to hear the music in case it's as catchy as the other 5 games available in this country.

You do know that there is this handy headphone jack on your 3DS, right?

You should have been using it this entire time!

• Options
    cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    So, NES Remix is up on the Wii U shop now. Also, NES Remix exists. $15 for crazy Warioware-style challenges in classic NES games.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PUu5mGEcLFA

And Dr. Luigi is coming very soon.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=knZFneOkUqY

Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • Options
    EndaroEndaro Registered User regular
    edited December 2013
    I've been craving a good brain-burning puzzler. I have never played any Professor Layton or any Phoenix Wright games. What would you guys recommend? Professor Layton looks, from what I've seen, to have tougher and more varied puzzles compared to Phoenix Wright, but at the same time some of them seem surprisingly simple and the theme is rather light. Phoenix Wright seems to have the neat Sherlockian-evidence puzzles, but it sounds simpler than Professor Wright with a greater focus on story.

Is one series stronger than the other? Let's assume I'd be picking up the latest edition for 3DS.

Endaro on
  • Options
    ZythonZython Registered User regular
    edited December 2013
    Endaro wrote: »
    I've been craving a good brain-burning puzzler. I have never played any Professor Layton or any Phoenix Wright games. What would you guys recommend? Professor Layton looks, from what I've seen, to have tougher and more varied puzzles compared to Phoenix Wright, but at the same time some of them seem surprisingly simple and the theme is rather light. Phoenix Wright seems to have the neat Sherlockian-evidence puzzles, but it sounds simpler than Professor Wright with a greater focus on story.

Is one series stronger than the other? Let's assume I'd be picking up the latest edition for 3DS.

They have different approaches. Layton is more like a book of brain teasers overlayed with a point-and-click adventure exterior. Wright is more like a visual novel with a point-and-click adventure exterior. So do you want a novel or a puzzle book?

Edit: If you're going to jump straight in with the latest installment, Layton may be better. You won't know who a lot of the characters in PW are, as they assume you've played the previous games.

Zython on
    Switch: SW-3245-5421-8042 | 3DS Friend Code: 4854-6465-0299 | PSN: Zaithon
    Steam: pazython
  • Options
    TayaTaya Registered User regular
    Phoenix Wright isn't a puzzle game; it's more like a point and click adventure than anything. I highly recommend it though. Fantastic series.

Professor Layton has a variety of puzzles. Some are simple, others are not. The story in each game is always interesting as there's a mystery to solve and you uncover it gradually. The games are not as lighthearted as they appear sometimes, although it's far from dark and gritty.

It looks like Professor Layton is what you're looking for, but Phoenix Wright is definitely worth playing too.

• Options
    Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular
    I agree that Layton sounds more like what you want - but I'd also recommend supplementing it with some glorious Picross if you haven't already played through those.

• Options
    SyphonBlueSyphonBlue The studying beaver That beaver sure loves studying!Registered User regular
    Okay Nintendo, your Mega Man sale was supposed to end at 12 and a new sale take its place

And here we are at 1:06 and Mega Man is still up

LxX6eco.jpg
    PSN/Steam/NNID: SyphonBlue | BNet: SyphonBlue#1126
  • Options
    b1rdmanb1rdman Registered User regular
    Shit. Mega man ends before midnight? I thought I'd be able to get it tonight when I get back to my Wii U. That's sucks...

steam_sig.png
    3DS: 1118-0304-5441 | PSN: b1rdman385 | steam:b1rdman385 | BattleTag(Diablo 3): Marticus#1981 | NNID: b1rdman
  • Options
    SyphonBlue wrote: »
    Okay Nintendo, your Mega Man sale was supposed to end at 12 and a new sale take its place

And here we are at 1:06 and Mega Man is still up

Just more time for people to grab them I guess. And we don't even know if there will be another deal after it, though there probably will be.

Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    RockinXRockinX Registered User regular
    Will America get the Mario DX promotion? Because I haven't made an NNID, and I'd register one in a heartbeat if they confirmed that for America.

• Options
    RockinX wrote: »
    Will America get the Mario DX promotion? Because I haven't made an NNID, and I'd register one in a heartbeat if they confirmed that for America.

Good question, probably not. Though honestly, I hated Super Mario Bros. DX so I personally don't care.

I guess free is free though.

Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    Xenogears of BoreXenogears of Bore Registered User regular
    Mario DX. is amazing and its awful that North America is missing out.

Book it now though; it'll be a gamestop exclusive preorder bonus with some mario related game in 2014. Probably New Yoshi's Island.

3DS CODE: 3093-7068-3576
  • Options
    Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    spookymuffinspookymuffin ( ° ʖ ° ) Puyallup WA Registered User regular
    When does the shop update? I need to rage in the streets in 3D.

PSN: MegaSpooky // 3DS: 3797-6276-7138
    Wii U NNID: MegaSpooky
  • Options
    Xenogears of BoreXenogears of Bore Registered User regular
    noon eastern, 9 am pacific.

3DS CODE: 3093-7068-3576
  • Options
    StormwatcherStormwatcher Blegh BlughRegistered User regular
    wat is mario dx

Steam: Stormwatcher | PSN: Stormwatcher33 | Switch: 5961-4777-3491
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    Brainiac 8Brainiac 8 Don't call me Shirley... Registered User regular
    wat is mario dx

http://www.mariowiki.com/Super_Mario_Bros._Deluxe#You_vs._Boo

It's an awesome Gameboy remake of SMB and Lost Levels.

3DS Friend Code - 1032-1293-2997
    Nintendo Network ID - Brainiac_8
    PSN - Brainiac_8
    Steam - http://steamcommunity.com/id/BRAINIAC8/
    Add me!
  • Options
    McFlynnMcFlynn Registered User regular
    I played Mario DX so much when it was new. I don't think I'd like 2D Mario if it wasn't for the chance to play the original on a portable.

This discussion has been closed.