Options

Game of Assholes, Season 2! The night is dark and full of spoilers

• Options
    KanaKana Registered User regular
    Maester Luwin has the best voice.

It's super warm and just sounds like the best teacher ever.

Too bad we don't see him very often, he's great.

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • Options
    HeisenbergHeisenberg Registered User regular
    Tonight's episode was amazing. The Brienne/Loras fight was perfect, and the scale of Renly's encampment is actually as huge as I envisioned it in the books. Well done, HBO.

• Options
    KochikensKochikens Registered User regular
    Rolo wrote: »
    dudes we don't KNOW that ned stark is really dead

in my head cannon he is alive and fully ready to fire

also

Game-of-Thrones-Infographic-Houses-Only.png

wait, isn't robin catelyns sisters little boob sucking kid? why is he married?

• Options
    SeriouslySeriously Registered User regular
    he is not, his line is just orthogonal to the rest of the chart for some reason

• Options
    Romanian My EscutcheonRomanian My Escutcheon Two of Forks Registered User regular
    It did get his name wrong though.

It's Robert Arryn, not Robin, though maybe that's just to keep people from confusing him with King Robert.

[IMG][/img]
  • Options
    NeoTomaNeoToma Registered User regular
    Didn't they change it for the show?
    I remember Lysa calling him her sweet robin.

• Options
    Romanian My EscutcheonRomanian My Escutcheon Two of Forks Registered User regular
    She does that in the book too, I think.

[IMG][/img]
  • Options
    IvarIvar Oslo, NorwayRegistered User regular
    Maybe it's a nickname, like Eddard/Ned and Daenerys/Dany

• Options
    In the books it's Robert "Sweetrobin" Arryn

TV just changed it to Robin Arryn, and then Lysa can still call him sweetrobin anyway

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • Options
    LarlarLarlar consecutive normal brunches Moderator, ClubPA mod
    I guess Viserys is still alive, too, according to that. And Joffrey's a legitimate heir after all!

• Options
    PharezonPharezon Struggle is an illusion. Victory is in the Qun.Registered User regular
    Goose! wrote: »
    My favorite scene from the show up to now is when he's being a dick to the wildling that attacked Bran (I still can't remember her name) and the Maester comes in and tells him to be courteous she is our guest. Theon corrects to prisoner and the maester responds "in your experiences here, have the two been mutually exclusive?" (I think that's the line).

6nN6v.gif

FYI being a dick in this case meant almost raping her.

jkZziGc.png
  • Options
    godmodegodmode Southeast JapanRegistered User regular
    Awkward.gif

• Options
    edited April 2012
    Pharezon wrote: »
    Goose! wrote: »
    My favorite scene from the show up to now is when he's being a dick to the wildling that attacked Bran (I still can't remember her name) and the Maester comes in and tells him to be courteous she is our guest. Theon corrects to prisoner and the maester responds "in your experiences here, have the two been mutually exclusive?" (I think that's the line).

6nN6v.gif

FYI being a dick in this case meant almost raping her.

Well let's be fair

I don't think Osha would have had any problems biting off his weiner

Kana on
  • Options
    FiendishrabbitFiendishrabbit Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Blankzilla wrote: »
    I am goddamned amazed by how well they cast Brienne

that was the one role I was certain they were gonna fuck up

but she is super tall and swole and not super tv pretty and damn good job HBO

Still kind of hollywood homely. They've made an effort sure, but the actress playing her is still Gwendoline Christie
    MV5BMzA3MTcxMTMzM15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMDI2MDg0Nw@@._V1._SX214_CR0,0,214,314_.jpg

Fiendishrabbit on
    "The western world sips from a poisonous cocktail: Polarisation, populism, protectionism and post-truth"
    -Antje Jackelén, Archbishop of the Church of Sweden
  • Options
    Larlar wrote: »
    I guess Viserys is still alive, too, according to that. And Joffrey's a legitimate heir after all!

Also, Bran's a knight.

[IMG][/img]
  • Options
    Thankyou for the explanations. Also, I now need to ask you to back off Brienne of Tarth, because I am determined to become her wife.

• Options
    BethrynBethryn Unhappiness is Mandatory Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    For some reason that chart's missing the relationship between Sam and his dad, who comes up later, and also Jorah Mormont and his dad, the Old Bear on the wall. And also the Targaryen on the wall.
    Although I guess it's also Joffrey, Myrcella and Tommen being from Jaime + Cersei, not Robert.

Bethryn on
    ...and of course, as always, Kill Hitler.
  • Options
    Isn't that still a show spoiler?

• Options
    Yeah that charts only whats been revealed on HBO so far

• Options
    RubberACRubberAC Sidney BC!Registered User regular
    Brienne is perfect

hoooly that is some darn good casting

i laughed at the scene with Renly et al. and had no problem with it.

• Options
    Kochikens wrote: »
    Thankyou for the explanations. Also, I now need to ask you to back off Brienne of Tarth, because I am determined to become her wife.

She's not interested in you. She's hots for Renly, who is married, but not hots for his wife but instead a strapping young knight.

Although Renlys gay (or possibly bi) subtext in the book was far more subtle if I remember it correctly.

"The western world sips from a poisonous cocktail: Polarisation, populism, protectionism and post-truth"
  • Options
    BethrynBethryn Unhappiness is Mandatory Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    None of what I've said hasn't been revealed. We know the Old Bear is Jorah's dad, we know Sam's dad, and we know the Black Dragon.
    Only the Jaime + Cersei thing is a spoiler.

Bethryn on
    ...and of course, as always, Kill Hitler.
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    Bethryn wrote: »
    None of what I've said hasn't been revealed. We know the Old Bear is Jorah's dad, we know Sam's dad, and we know the Black Dragon.
    Only the Jaime + Cersei thing is a spoiler.

You...uh...may want to spoiler it, then...

godmode on
  • Options

She's not interested in you. She's hots for Renly, who is married, but not hots for his wife but instead a strapping young knight.

Although Renlys gay (or possibly bi) subtext in the book was far more subtle if I remember it correctly.

She will totes change her mind when I become king

• Options
    ShenShen Registered User regular
    Wow, I found the Renly/Margaery scene really uncomfortable to watch. Props to the actor and actress I guess?
    It was kinda funny how it seemed that earlier on Renly was aware that Marg was in on the innuendo but then he acts all shocked when she offers to get Loras in to help, haha.

3DS: 2234-8122-8398 | Battle.net (EU): Ladi#2485
    ladi.png
  • Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    I don't know if I like TV show Maegaery very much. She doesn't seem anything like her book counterpart unless I completely misinterpreted her in the book.

• Options
    WaltWalt Waller Arcane Enchanted Frozen ElectrifiedRegistered User regular
    I don't know if I like TV show Maegaery very much. She doesn't seem anything like her book counterpart unless I completely misinterpreted her in the book.

I can't get over that it's the same woman who was Anne Boleyn in The Tudors.

• Options
    theSquidtheSquid Sydney, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    I saw this comment in the avclub review and just had to post it here... forgive me
    Lommy Greenhands used to be a dyer's apprentice...
    before he took an arrow to the knee.

• Options
    SwissLionSwissLion We are beside ourselves! Registered User regular
    Jaqen in the show yelling "A Man can fight" reminded me the Jaqen is rad and I look forward to the rest of his stuff in the series.

Also about how I can't wait for all the
    Book, uhhh, 4 Spoilers? Braavos!
    Arya and the Faceless Men stuff to come up in the show and also to progress in the next book.

Braavos is so rad.

ImWcN1I.png?3
  • Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

• Options
    Peter EbelPeter Ebel CopenhagenRegistered User regular
    Tyrell women don't play even a little!

Fuck off and die.
  • Options
    JustTeeJustTee Registered User regular
    I don't know what it is about the actress that plays Margaery, but she is just ridiculously sexy to me.

I'm not even 100% sure why I find her so much more attractive than the other numerous attractive females on the show...she just does it for me.

Also, I thought this episode would have more *stuff* to it. There's so much more to cover for book 2, I just feel like the season is going to end right as it starts to heat up.

Though the scene with Tyrion and the three councilors was pretty money.

Diagnosed with AML on 6/1/12. Read about it: www.effleukemia.com
  • Options
    JustTee wrote: »
    I don't know what it is about the actress that plays Margaery

The pixie-like face and perpetual knowing smirk?

• Options
    Peter EbelPeter Ebel CopenhagenRegistered User regular
    Aw shit, this episode totally reminded me that Theon is the best character GRRM ever wrote.

And when Lannister bannermen twirl their moustaches, they do it right.

Fuck off and die.
  • Options
    ComradebotComradebot Lord of Dinosaurs Houston, TXRegistered User regular
    Peter Ebel wrote: »
    Aw shit, this episode totally reminded me that Theon is the best character GRRM ever wrote.

And when Lannister bannermen twirl their moustaches, they do it right.

You heard it here: Theon is the best.

• Options
    UbikUbik oh pete, that's later. maybe we'll be dead by then Registered User regular
    Theon's not that great

l8e1peic77w3.jpg

• Options
    ComradebotComradebot Lord of Dinosaurs Houston, TXRegistered User regular
    Ubik wrote: »
    Theon's not that great

hatereagle.jpg

• Options
    LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    Two things I have been disappointed in this season:

Theon's arrival to Pyke, and the prologue scene to Clash of Kings

• Options
    joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    Langly wrote: »
    Two things I have been disappointed in this season:

Theon's arrival to Pyke, and the prologue scene to Clash of Kings

Really?
    The former is done very similarly to the book, especially the dialogue between him and his dad. The biggest change is that his sister is there instead of his uncle for the sake of show expediency, which is fine.

The latter was a little different, yeah. But it was still well done for what they had to work with, I think. There's no Patchface (which makes me sad) or Stannis' daughter, so they had to change it a bit. The whole point of that scene is to establish that Melisandre is some badass magic lady though, which was still done. So technicalities aside, it still served its purpose in the narrative.

I'd say the biggest disappointment this season for me is the Littlefinger/Ros scene in Ep. 2. It didn't really further anything
    because we already know Littlefinger is a dick. We don't need to jam that home any more, and the scene wasn't in the books... combined with the fact that we have so much to cover this season, it just felt like they were wasting time in order to avoid having an episode without tits.

• Options
    SliderSlider Registered User regular
    Last night's episode was better...

I was finally offered some forward momentum, instead of bouncing titties.

Indeed there was more man-love, during which I averted my gaze, but I was very pleased with the performance by Tyrion.

Theon, on the other hand, well...I feel bad for the guy.