As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[chat]Easy

• Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    Thanatos wrote: »
    Variable wrote: »
    than what happened with me3?
    I ordered the 360 version instead of the PC version by accident.

So, while I returned it and ordered a PC replacement, and I'm still gonna get my pre-order bonuses, I am gonna have to wait two fucking weeks before I get it.

I did the reverse when me2 came out, such a pain in the ass.

at least you weren't stuck with it I guess

BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    And Chu, you should watch it.

• Options
    ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    Thanatos wrote: »
    than what happened with me3?
    I ordered the 360 version instead of the PC version by accident.

So, while I returned it and ordered a PC replacement, and I'm still gonna get my pre-order bonuses, I am gonna have to wait two fucking weeks before I get it.

I did the reverse when me2 came out, such a pain in the ass.

at least you weren't stuck with it I guess
    Yeah. Well, you know what they say: you can fight like a Krogan, run like a leopard, but you'll never be better than Commander Shepard.

• Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    Jacobkosh wrote: »
    Organichu wrote: »
    i read wiki's synopsis of chinatown. i still don't understand the plot.
    To continue growing, LA needs water. To get it, movers and shakers in the city are swindling and intimidating farmers in the nearby valleys out of their water rights with the eventual aim of constructing a huge reservoir dam. To earn public support for the dam, they are faking a drought, secretly dumping thousands of gallons of fresh drinkable water into the sea every night while telling people to cut back on their usage and asking everyone to vote yes on a bond issue to raise millions of dollars for the city to build the dam and buy the land it will be situated on.

The water isn't actually that needed, though. What the rich dudes are actually doing is secretly buying up cheap land in the desert with the idea of then building the dam and using some of the water to irrigate that cheap land, turning it into farming land that they can sell for a huge profit.

The city water commissioner opposes the dam. It's not needed and it's going to be built in a stupid place that will make it liable to collapse.

To shut him up, the villains hire a private detective to unwittingly help them frame the guy for infidelity. That way, when he turns up dead from drowning, it will seem like suicide instead of murder.

pretty much everything except the last paragraph really happened

:O

• Options
    dlinfinitidlinfiniti Registered User regular
    To continue growing, LA needs water. To get it, movers and shakers in the city are swindling and intimidating farmers in the nearby valleys out of their water rights with the eventual aim of constructing a huge reservoir dam. To earn public support for the dam, they are faking a drought, secretly dumping thousands of gallons of fresh drinkable water into the sea every night while telling people to cut back on their usage and asking everyone to vote yes on a bond issue to raise millions of dollars for the city to build the dam and buy the land it will be situated on.

The water isn't actually that needed, though. What the rich dudes are actually doing is secretly buying up cheap land in the desert with the idea of then building the dam and using some of the water to irrigate that cheap land, turning it into farming land that they can sell for a huge profit.

The city water commissioner opposes the dam. It's not needed and it's going to be built in a stupid place that will make it liable to collapse.

To shut him up, the villains hire a private detective to unwittingly help them frame the guy for infidelity. That way, when he turns up dead from drowning, it will seem like suicide instead of murder.

it's like rango

AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
  • Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular

Chu, let me really blow your mind. You know the movie "Who Framed Rodger Rabbit"? It's also loosely based on a different L.A. scandal about the same time.

• Options
    edited March 2012
    Thomamelas wrote: »

Chu, let me really blow your mind. You know the movie "Who Framed Rodger Rabbit"? It's also loosely based on a different L.A. scandal about the same time.

:O :O
    :O :O :O
    :O :O :O :O
    :O :O :O :O :O

Organichu on
  • Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    Man I wish ME3 on PC didn't have such jarring texture resolution differences between the major characters and the less important ones.

Some times their clothing is so ugly for no reason.

Although im glad there is a way to adjust the FOV and add stupidly high anti aliasing with outside help.

• Options
    KalkinoKalkino Buttons Londres Registered User regular

Huh really? My childhood just got a little more political

Freedom for the Northern Isles!
  • Options

:O :O :O :O :O

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_American_streetcar_scandal

• Options
    HonkHonk Honk is this poster. Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Having lost my original iphone earplugs I'm now using some old in-ear plugs. I have no idea why people love these so much. They are unclean, uncomfortable and every single time the cable touches something it makes a loud sound due to vibrations. Basically can't move around when using these.

PSN: Honkalot
  • Options
    PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular
    @organichu: well, in my defense, I already have an iPhone. AND modules, as a rule, sound lame on their own. That's why modular systems cost so much, because they either do nothing or very little on their own, but when you combine a few they get better and better.

follow my music twitter soundcloud tumblr
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Podly wrote: »
    @organichu: well, in my defense, I already have an iPhone. AND modules, as a rule, sound lame on their own. That's why modular systems cost so much, because they either do nothing or very little on their own, but when you combine a few they get better and better.

yeah but do you have a suit made of 250 one dollar bills

Organichu on
  • Options
    I went to bed at 11 thinking I was being smart but 3 hours of sleep in the middle of the night is shitty.

gonna try and power through, only one class today and there's nothing due... but it's also not for over 12 hours ^^

gym and maybe clothes shopping to keep my busy once it gets to Real Life Hours.

• Options
    TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    Honk wrote: »
    Having lost my original iphone earplugs I'm now using some old in-ear plugs. I have no idea why people love these so much. They are unclean, uncomfortable and every single time the cable touches something it makes a loud sound due to vibrations. Basically can't move around when using these.
    Get some ones that aren't shitty.

• Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    I think sudden cold snaps are God's way of telling me I've run out of heating oil. Brr.

• Options
    Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    edited March 2012

The other ear bud type don't fit in my ears. They just fall out, I seem to have odd ears that are missing some vital component.

Mojo_Jojo on
    Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • Options
    yeah mojo I can't keep them in my ears no matter how much fiddling I do. no brand has worked.

really just as well, I don't like them anyway. too little movement to go from good sound to really bad sound in my experience. much prefer real headphones.

• Options
    i'd advise you sleep but if you're anything like me there's no way you'll get back to bed until dawn

• Options
    Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    Also, I went to another country for the day yesterday. And I did it in a suit. Because I am that type of commuting gentleman.

• Options
    i'd advise you sleep but if you're anything like me there's no way you'll get back to bed until dawn

yeah it's not happening for a while. by the time I'll be able to sleep I will be fucking up my day if I do.

not that I haven't fucked up plenty of days by sleeping way way too late but I have things I want to get done.

• Options
    HonkHonk Honk is this poster. Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Tav wrote: »
    Get some ones that aren't shitty.

No idea how you'd get around the vibration thing etc. These are by all means "good" in the sense that they cost too much.

PSN: Honkalot
  • Options
    KalkinoKalkino Buttons Londres Registered User regular
    Mojo_Jojo wrote: »
    Also, I went to another country for the day yesterday. And I did it in a suit. Because I am that type of commuting gentleman.

How was the pub? I got delayed at work, then forgot. Then I came home wanting to go to the pub, then felt sad when I remembered I could have pubbed

Freedom for the Northern Isles!
  • Options
    MyDcmbrMyDcmbr PEWPEWPEW!!! America's WangRegistered User regular
    In news today, I hate people more than ever!
    Amanda Clayton hit it big playing the Michigan Lottery. Like many winners, she used her $1 million prize to buy a new house.
    But the Lincoln Park, Michigan, resident is receiving money in another form -- $200 a month in state food assistance.
    After taking a lump sum and paying taxes, the unemployed woman said she ended up with just more than $500,000.
    Asked if she had the right to the public assistance money, Clayton answered, "I kind of do. I have no income, and I have bills to pay. I have two houses."
    Clayton told WDIV she would continue using the food-assistance card until it is cut off. "It's hard. I am struggling."

*Chokes on RAGE*

Steam
    So we get stiff once in a while. So we have a little fun. What’s wrong with that? This is a free country, isn’t it? I can take my panda any place I want to. And if I wanna buy it a drink, that’s my business.
  • Options
    ronyaronya Arrrrrf. the ivory tower's basementRegistered User regular
    MyDcmbr wrote: »
    Amanda Clayton hit it big playing the Michigan Lottery. Like many winners, she used her $1 million prize to buy a new house.
    But the Lincoln Park, Michigan, resident is receiving money in another form -- $200 a month in state food assistance.
    After taking a lump sum and paying taxes, the unemployed woman said she ended up with just more than $500,000.
    Asked if she had the right to the public assistance money, Clayton answered, "I kind of do. I have no income, and I have bills to pay. I have two houses."
    Clayton told WDIV she would continue using the food-assistance card until it is cut off. "It's hard. I am struggling."

*Chokes on RAGE*

this is perfectly consistent with the notion that only your cost of living matters in welfare calculations, not the lifestyle choice

aRkpc.gif
  • Options
    Kalkino wrote: »
    Mojo_Jojo wrote: »

How was the pub? I got delayed at work, then forgot. Then I came home wanting to go to the pub, then felt sad when I remembered I could have pubbed
    There was no ale, but a wide array of continental lagers. My friend chose poorly.

That said, it was two minutes from St. Pancreas and didn't cost the earth, so I'm not too sad. Shame you didn't make it. You could have met a very tall man who works for the BBC and a shorter chap who doesn't but is very nice regardless.

• Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
  • Options
    PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular

No but I already have a few modules + case + power and all that. And the maths is an "envelope generator" in the most basic sense, but it can add, subtract, scale, or invert an incoming signal, in addition to being able to add function. So while it really doesn't do much on it's own, even though it can be configured to self-oscillate and generate a signal, it becomes IMMENSELY powerful at sculpting signals. So you can feed it something that sounds cool, for instance, and then take that one cool sound and generate a crazy complex rhythm you would never have thought of.

And even the stuff you process on the modular lots of times don't sound good on their own, but when you add them in the mix to your stereotypical synth sounds that I can get from my other synths, they make that "woah what's that?!" that really gives a song character. And not in the skrillex just abusing LFO's on Massive, but actual new synthetic sounds from the likes of Bucchla and Serge who are in a completely different sonic-synthetic environment.

I agree -- from the outside, it seems silly. But I realize now that the paths in normal subtractive synthesis have been blazed, and the stuff that spins my head right now are the dudes out of Berlin who are either doing brilliant sound design or modular investigations.

9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • Options
    once that biological laboratory building goes up, it'll really be st. pancreas

aRkpc.gif
  • Options
    ronya wrote: »

*Chokes on RAGE*

this is perfectly consistent with the notion that only your cost of living matters in welfare calculations, not the lifestyle choice

Don't care, still angry.

She netted 10x as much as I gross in pay a year, and she is still collecting food stamps.

Steam
    So we get stiff once in a while. So we have a little fun. What’s wrong with that? This is a free country, isn’t it? I can take my panda any place I want to. And if I wanna buy it a drink, that’s my business.
  • Options

No but I already have a few modules + case + power and all that. And the maths is an "envelope generator" in the most basic sense, but it can add, subtract, scale, or invert an incoming signal, in addition to being able to add function. So while it really doesn't do much on it's own, even though it can be configured to self-oscillate and generate a signal, it becomes IMMENSELY powerful at sculpting signals. So you can feed it something that sounds cool, for instance, and then take that one cool sound and generate a crazy complex rhythm you would never have thought of.

And even the stuff you process on the modular lots of times don't sound good on their own, but when you add them in the mix to your stereotypical synth sounds that I can get from my other synths, they make that "woah what's that?!" that really gives a song character. And not in the skrillex just abusing LFO's on Massive, but actual new synthetic sounds from the likes of Bucchla and Serge who are in a completely different sonic-synthetic environment.

I agree -- from the outside, it seems silly. But I realize now that the paths in normal subtractive synthesis have been blazed, and the stuff that spins my head right now are the dudes out of Berlin who are either doing brilliant sound design or modular investigations.

i will take your word for it! i am not one to judge people for their spendy interests- i was just poking fun.

i think most people have at least one thing that the average person would be stupefied by (in terms of cost, involvement, etc)

• Options
    i think most people have at least one thing that the average person would be stupefied by (in terms of cost, involvement, etc)

I do believe you are right.

Steam
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    i remember when i posted in chat about a nice brooks brothers cashmere sweater that i loved

i got no end of nerd rage over that one

Organichu on
  • Options

*Chokes on RAGE*

Don't care, still angry.

She netted 10x as much as I gross in pay a year, and she is still collecting food stamps.

there are a couple of ideological paths out of this anger

there is "so NOBODY should get food stamps", which is all-too-common and, I think we can agree, not terribly fruitful

there's the comparatively intrusive approach of having the government define Acceptable Lifestyle Choices - for instance, having only one house below whatever size in a suitably unattractive neighborhood in order to be deserving of welfare. See threads suggesting whether food stamps should buy X, etc., for an example of where this merry garden path leads

there's the massively intrusive approach of monetizing your house(s) too, which is less micromanaging but entails your government occasionally seizing your house when you make unlucky choices

aRkpc.gif
  • Options
    a man needs good clothes

also, there's a good chance that i'll get paid for this project I'm working on so i'm seeing it as an investment

for instance, my main synth has already paid for itself and then some

9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • Options

*Chokes on RAGE*

Don't care, still angry.

there is "so NOBODY should get food stamps", which is all-too-common and, I think we can agree, not terribly fruitful

there's the comparatively intrusive approach of having the government define Acceptable Lifestyle Choices - for instance, having only one house below whatever size in a suitably unattractive neighborhood in order to be deserving of welfare. See threads suggesting whether food stamps should buy X, etc., for an example of where this merry garden path leads

there's the massively intrusive approach of monetizing your house(s) too, which is less micromanaging but entails your government occasionally seizing your house when you make unlucky choices

Assets testing is something I would completely get behind.

Steam
  • Options
    like if i had the chance to train jiu jitsu in brazil with one of my idols?

there.

if i'm 40 y/o and it's half my annual salary?

don't care.

i'm there.

• Options
    sorry, chu jr.'s college fund

daddy needs to armbar some foreigners

• Options
    And finished with Chinatown again. I love the symbolism of the final shot, the streets are soft lit on either side but Jake walks in the darkness in the middle.

• Options

*Chokes on RAGE*

Don't care, still angry.

Assets testing is something I would completely get behind.

Middle class family leverages itself tightly, Dad is hit by a car/loses his job/etc. What happens next?

aRkpc.gif
This discussion has been closed.