As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The PAX Map

13»

• Options
    ElectricTurtleElectricTurtle Seeress WARegistered User regular
    edited May 2007
    pjarvi wrote: »
    Are there no IHOP's nearby??? ;-)

Or at the very least a Denny's?

I prefer my food to be American with extra grease and salt for good measure.

You sir would do well to go to Beth's. 24 hrs. of excellent meaty, cheesy, greasy goodness.

ElectricTurtle on
    yfrxgugaj8wu.png
  • Options
    BigRedBigRed Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited May 2007

You sir would do well to go to Beth's. 24 hrs. of excellent meaty, cheesy, greasy goodness.

Beths is quite a ways away from the wsctc though

BigRed on
    <MoeFwacky> besides, BigRed-Worky is right
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    That may be, but the nearest IHOP is ... you don't want to go there. Trust me, it's the punchline to a lot of Seattle U. jokes. And the nearest Denny's just about as far out.

ElectricTurtle on
    yfrxgugaj8wu.png
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    That may be, but the nearest IHOP is ... you don't want to go there. Trust me, it's the punchline to a lot of Seattle U. jokes. And the nearest Denny's just about as far out.

Me and a large group of enforcers have visited that ihop many times. No problems, and the waiters are on the ball and nice.
    So... I dont know what you are talking about.

BigRed on
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    We're talking about the one on Madison and Broadway yes? I've heard a lot about it being a repeat offender of health code violations.

Edit: Must just be gossip, there's nothing significant listed in the county health inspection records.

ElectricTurtle on
    yfrxgugaj8wu.png
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    You might be thinking about the one on the Udistrict (thats now shut down) they had a terrible history with the health dept.

http://www.decadeonline.com/results.phtml?agency=skc&forceresults=1&offset=0&businessname=ihop&businessstreet=&city=&zip=&soundslike=ON&sort=FACILITY_NAME

The one on madison doesnt show up on the health dept search so they have most likely changed owners in the past year.

The place is pretty clean looking to me and I was in the food service biz for a while before my current job. I would gladly eat there and im picky about such things.

I think this is just a product of the rumor mill.

BigRed on
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    It doesn't show up in the search because it's in there as Internatnl rather than International. I had to use %Madison and just find it in the list.

ElectricTurtle on
    yfrxgugaj8wu.png
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    It doesn't show up in the search because it's in there as Internatnl rather than International. I had to use %Madison and just find it in the list.

Oh sweet, they passed all health inspections.

Thats kind of retared that they dont list it under ihop oh well.

*Goes to look up all the places he usually eats at*

BigRed on
  • Options
    BamboozaBambooza Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Sometimes I wonder if it’s best not to know and just think of it as improving your immune system. Then again if you too had to eat my home cooked meals such places would seem like a 4 star establishment.

Bambooza on
    The problem with America is stupidity. I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself?
  • Options
    chupamiubrechupamiubre Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    omfg beth's is so kick ass almost ate the dozen egg omelet once. But ended up puking outside but beth's kicks the ass of any chain restaurant.

chupamiubre on
    <ZeroHourHero> I have a tiny penis
    <Qs23> I just need to get my dicks in a row
    <prox> i work for dicks
    #paforums_pax, all about the dicks.
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    One day (when i have money again) I will tackle the dozen egg omelet.

BigRed on
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    omfg beth's is so kick ass almost ate the dozen egg omelet once. But ended up puking outside but beth's kicks the ass of any chain restaurant.

Hells yeah, and the six dollar shake will pwn j00 like an HPB n00b.

ElectricTurtle on
    yfrxgugaj8wu.png
  • Options
    AngelHedgieAngelHedgie Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Bambooza wrote: »
    Sometimes I wonder if it’s best not to know and just think of it as improving your immune system. Then again if you too had to eat my home cooked meals such places would seem like a 4 star establishment.
    Ah, I take it you're on the "Greek Deity" meal plan?

AngelHedgie on
    XBL: Nox Aeternum / PSN: NoxAeternum / NN:NoxAeternum / Steam: noxaeternum
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    BigRed wrote: »

Oh sweet, they passed all health inspections.

Thats kind of retared that they dont list it under ihop oh well.

*Goes to look up all the places he usually eats at*
    The LA system is even better - all facilities that serve prepared food are required to post their last inspection grade in the form of a letter. When I lived there, I made it a rule to never eat anywhere that was lower than a B.

AngelHedgie on
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    Okay, I have an idea - why don't we get lists of the hotels people will be at? Once we have that, we can add those to the map (so people will have an idea where the forumites will be).

AngelHedgie on
  • Options
    Big GuyBig Guy Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    yay PAX map ftw

Big Guy on
    Survivor of PAX '06 (BALL!), PAX '07 (Don't be a Dick), PAX '08 (Bad Horse), PAX '09 (H1Nerd1), PAX '10
  • Options
    nearlysobernearlysober Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    There's a new restraunt across the street from the convention center, in the Sheraton building, called The Daily Grill or something.

It's been open 2 or 3 weeks now and has "American Style" food... which I guess means lots of sandwiches and stuff. Medium pricing it seems... like lunch for $8. I've only looked over the menu but haven't eaten there yet.

Might be a good option if you're not an adventurous eater.

nearlysober on
  • Options
    ppd1000ppd1000 Registered User regular
    edited July 2007

This sounds like a awesome place im gonna eat the 12 egg :P

ppd1000 on
  • Options
    ctishmanctishman Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    I just went to Beth's with my grandfather. It's fantastic, and we need to organize a breakfast expedition of some kind out there.

ctishman on
    WCTT_banner.gif
    Get the PAX 2008 Countdown widget and while away your sad, pathetic life watching it tick down the hours to PAX '08!
    http://homepage.mac.com/ctishman
  • Options
    skwisgaar Skwigelfskwisgaar Skwigelf Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Oh god, Beth's is possibly the best diner ever...

skwisgaar Skwigelf on
    Max sig size: 500x80px or 4 lines of text
    "Let me be the first to tell you you look like shit".
    DJFenderStradt.png
  • Options
    Sl1pstreamSl1pstream [E] BelgiumRegistered User regular
    edited July 2007
    I'm scared of your foods.

Sl1pstream on
  • Options
    Moe FwackyMoe Fwacky Right Here, Right Now Drives a BuickModerator mod
    edited July 2007
    Can we get an actual grocery store on the map too. The only grocery store name I am familiar with on that coast is Safeway and the nearest one is about 2 miles away from the Hotels/WSCTC. Any hope for anything closer?

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• Options
    ChizzerChizzer Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Sweet. Booze.

Chizzer on
  • Options
    JoahWJoahW Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    There're little corner stores and drug stores all over the place downtown, such as Walgreen's and Rite Aid. But the nearest actual supermarket is QFC, on Broadway and Union, about 3/4 of a mile away from the WSCTC.

JoahW on
    Jamada.gif
  • Options
    KaitouAyashiKaitouAyashi Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Doc wrote: »
    I'm going to regret this big time - I should be keeping it as good a secret as possible.

Dragonfish is a japanese food restaurant like three blocks from the center. They have really, really great happy hour deals for good sushi and other goodies.

http://www.dragonfishcafe.com/sea/index.php

Be warned, though: it's a pretty classy place. Don't walk in there smelling of sweat and wearing a gross t-shirt.

The Happy Hour is okay, but I found the sushi sub par, esp for the prices you're paying. They overcook the rice! But for convenience, esp if you're staying in the Paramount Hotel, can't be beat.

KaitouAyashi on
    [15:02] BigRed-Worky: i will nom all of your boxes
    [15:02] Tajah: I like you BR but I'm not letting you nom my box
    [15:02] BigRed-Worky: Did I mention I hate you all? cause i do
    PAX Twitter Shitter~*~ Retired Bar Liaison: 2nd, 3rd, & 4th Annual Triwizard Drinking Tournament~*~
  • Options
    Big GuyBig Guy Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    bumping because PAX is in a couple days...:lol:

Big Guy on
    Survivor of PAX '06 (BALL!), PAX '07 (Don't be a Dick), PAX '08 (Bad Horse), PAX '09 (H1Nerd1), PAX '10
  • Options
    ShaukShauk Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    i got this shizz loaded up on the laptop and ready to roll. I'll be arriving thursday but i'm going to LSC thursday night. not very gamerish :D
    www.lastsupperclub.com

Shauk on
  • Options
    The DeliveratorThe Deliverator Slingin Pies The California BurbclavesRegistered User regular
    edited August 2007
    bump for usefulness

The Deliverator on
This discussion has been closed.