As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[WARMACHINE & HORDES] We just want to unleash some Butchers!

• Options
    SneakypersonSneakyperson Registered User regular
    So I am missing a torso of a deathripper bonejack what would be the best way to contact Privateer Press?

• Options
    NobodyNobody Registered User regular
    If it was a mispack: http://mispack.privateerpress.com

• Options
    SneakypersonSneakyperson Registered User regular
    ah thank you

• Options
    PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    edited June 2014
    So, the Stream's going. Warmachine: Reckoning was announced, and apparently it'll have a focus on Apotheosis-style character jacks.

BZjLh1c.jpg

Warmachine:Tactics - Looking to launch at the end of August, and beta will be starting in the next 2-3 weeks.

IKRPG: New Monsternomicon announced

uRatsOd.jpg

PMAvers on
    persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • Options
    ArcticLancerArcticLancer Best served chilled. Registered User regular
    I am so down for a true apothesis-style jack in Retribution.
    So begins a long wait.

• Options
    edited June 2014
    Oh, and Borka2 will be on sale at L&L tomorrow at 10 AM.

So I assume we'll be seeing spoilers for him at 10:01 AM online.

(Don't suppose we've got anyone at L&L that can ninja one?)

PMAvers on
    persona4celestia.jpg
  • Options
    SteelhawkSteelhawk Registered User regular
    Ikrpg player only here....that Monsternomicon announcement and cover just made me change my undies.

So excited!

• Options
    And there they are.

QZq8E5P.jpg
    img]

persona4celestia.jpg
  • Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    Ordered the Gobber Drudges, Steelsoul Keg Protector and Bombardier Bombshell, because why not.

• Options
    TheBigEasyTheBigEasy Registered User regular
    I think Bearka is awesome, can't wait to field him.

• Options
    ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    Spoiler images of the model for the new Warcaster for Gatormen are floating around and she looks preeetttyyyy sweeeet
    Bpe-WhzCUAAzqHp.jpg

• Options
    Lord_AsmodeusLord_Asmodeus goeticSobriquet: Here is your magical cryptic riddle-tumour: I AM A TIME MACHINERegistered User regular
    edited June 2014
    Oh god its the last day to get them and I just woke up and I kind of want those Drudges but I can't afford them HNNGGHHH

Edit: Gobber Drudges ordered! If I ever make a Cephaylx force (which I probably will some day) they will prove most useful, otherwise they'll just look nice and be cool to paint :P

Lord_Asmodeus on
    Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if Labor had not first existed. Labor is superior to capital, and deserves much the higher consideration. - Lincoln
  • Options
    So, we're doing a friendly local Journeyman league here - just me and some buddies. We have one new player, and a league is a pretty great way to learn the ropes.

I'm thinking going alternate Khador, ie Butcher. But I feel that I have no idea how to play him, so far I've been running Sorscha or Vlad and kept them fairly safe in support roles, only getting them into melee for assassination runs.

How the heck do you play Butcher? You obviously want him in melee to apply Lola to face, but how do you keep him alive?

• Options
    kaortikaorti Registered User regular
    Camp focus and cast iron flesh. Waddle toward enemy. Never die.

More seriously, he's super durable with a bit of terrain and a focus camp and you can move iron flesh to him later in the game. He's astonishingly durable.

• Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    When I used Butcher I used him as a second line caster, hanging back and using his very solid buffs to make sure that my units traded favorably or at least evenly. The Butcher has absolutely obscene strength, and thus the less pieces on the board the more his strength can be used. Treat him like a king in Chess, very vulnerable early on (that medium base man!) but with when it gets down to just a couple pieces on the board he will carry the rest of the game for you.

A very fundamentals oriented caster.

• Options
    Lord_AsmodeusLord_Asmodeus goeticSobriquet: Here is your magical cryptic riddle-tumour: I AM A TIME MACHINERegistered User regular
    My Gobber Drudges have arrived! Now to wait for however long it takes to find a good place to put them together and paint them

I'm thinking I'll probably wait till I get more Cephalyx stuff to put them together. Worst comes to worst, they're a con exclusive and I could probably get more than I spent for them on ebay :P

Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if Labor had not first existed. Labor is superior to capital, and deserves much the higher consideration. - Lincoln
  • Options
    OtakuD00DOtakuD00D Can I hit the exploding rocks? San DiegoRegistered User regular
    I got my Privateer pins. ...UGH THEY HAVE RUBBER PIN CAPS.

makosig.jpg
  • Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    Beta footage of WarMachine Tactics game.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oq9fNe-bBU4

Looks nice, though it's still very beta (drinking game: take a shot each time he says the word "bug").

• Options
    So, has anyone had any experience buying stuff from Advanced Deployment?

I really like the way these look, because I have SIX units that make cloud effects every turn (Wooo tactical arcanist corps) and the metal rings I am using are hard as fuck to measure accurately.

My opponents have been letting me "fudge" by placing the edge of the cloud template base to base with my Arcanist, but that's cheating!

Anyway, their main website looks kind of defunct, but I really love every product they have in the store.

I'm asking because apparently shipping from Bellevue to Pullman is expensive, so I want to know if anyone's used this stuff before.

• Options
    NealnealNealneal Registered User regular
    I bought the huge Bile Thrall template and a couple other things from AD. They didn't ship it and never responded to either their internal communication methods or through Paypal. I filed a complaint to get my money back and did. Thanks buyer protection! Several months later the bile thrall template showed up at my house. I'm not going to tell you not to buy anything from them, just that I won't ever try again.

• Options
    That's sucky! I love everything on that site, but your experience is what I kind of expected given how janky it looks.

Damn, those acrylic cutout templates are a great idea though- I might have to try and make them myself

• Options
    admanbadmanb unionize your workplace Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Advanced Deployment was really cool when they launched. Then it turned out they had no ability to keep up with their sales or handle even the most minor hurdles.

It's too bad, because they're local gamers and they got into the laser-cutting business when it was still pretty light on competition. If they had any professional acumen whatsoever they could've really taken off.

• Options
    Yeah, I figured a few of the westside people would have had some knowledge of them.

Their products look fuckin' rad (I love the flat terrain, and the smoke cloud effects...and the tokens...and and and) but it sucks that they couldn't keep up

• Options
    3lwap03lwap0 Registered User regular
    It took me 3 months to get something in from AD. Templates are great mind you, especially their smoke ones, but...yeah.

Also, warning about Broken Egg games. I ordered tokens and a fancy movement tray from them, and they've yet to deliver. That was in early March, even despite their assurances that my stuff had mailed. Don't do business with them.

• Options
    Broken Egg doesn't seem to have collapsed quite as badly as AD. I would still be cautious, but they do seem to be relatively up-to-date and they keep up with customer feedback (at least via Facebook).

• Options
    kaortikaorti Registered User regular
    edited June 2014
    I've seen a bunch of complaints about broken egg games. Generally people saying that they never got their order and that broken egg had speed responding.

I've had a good experience with museonstore.com. I got the faction token set. It arrived promptly but was missing some pieces, I contacted them via Facebook, and I had replacements within a week. I'll be keeping an eye on them as they roll out new stock.

Little three inch plastic templates from jo-ann's fabric are pretty good for smoke. You can probably cut out a chunk to make placement easier.

Should we be working on a new thread?

kaorti on
  • Options
    3lwap03lwap0 Registered User regular
    edited June 2014
    admanb wrote: »
    Broken Egg doesn't seem to have collapsed quite as badly as AD. I would still be cautious, but they do seem to be relatively up-to-date and they keep up with customer feedback (at least via Facebook).

I've done business with both. AD I understood would take time. I was okay with that, but my orders got to me.

Broken Egg isn't that. In so far as I can tell, they took my money and made only a half hearted effort to reach out to me. I've e-mailed Flanzer twice about my order, and nada. One time he asserted it was shipped, and that I'd get it, and that I didn't get it because my post office was at fault. I can't prove that wrong, so I won't accuse him of lying, but it's highly suspect.

In short, bad. Maybe I should try FB. Part of me has ceased to care, it shouldn't be this painful.

3lwap0 on
  • Options
    OtakuD00DOtakuD00D Can I hit the exploding rocks? San DiegoRegistered User regular
    The only time when Broken Egg delivers, apparently: When they're actually at a con, selling stuff directly.

makosig.jpg
  • Options
    So, we had our first games in our local journeyman league yesterday.

I played two matches as Khador (alternate) against Scyrah (alternate) and Circle.

I got trounced hard in both games. Damn all that mobility, teleporting and knockbacks!

The first match against Scyrah was actually pretty close at the end - I lost due to both my jacks being destroyed - one of them got knocked into water and had the boiler go out, on my last turn I had Butcher reactivate it, but it couldn't do anything in that turn, and it got destroyed in Scyrah's turn. Had it lived, it would have moved out of the way and Butcher would have charged Ossyan and introduced Lola to his face - Ossyan was already down to 5 health at that point.

The match against Circle consisted mostly of the Feral Warpwolf charging in, doing 15 damage to a jack and Kaya teleporting it back out. Rinse and repeat.

• Options
    ArcticLancerArcticLancer Best served chilled. Registered User regular
    Yeah, the fact that kiting exists in such small games is sort of disheartening ... Oh well. I have to be happy for Retribution pulling out the win because camaraderie, but screw Circle. Kick their ass next time. :p

• Options
    Custom SpecialCustom Special I know I am, I'm sure I am, I'm Sounders 'til I die!Registered User regular
    @Echo I just got in a mess of 2mmx1mm magnets for magnetizing Cyriss heavy vectors (battle box plus a full kit). I found the step-by-step on atomicplayboy.net. Should I just follow that closely, or do you (or anyone else?) have any other tips for getting that all done?
    (I think it was you who did all that a while ago?)

XBL: F4ll0utBP | STEAM | PSN : CustomSpecial | Bnet: F4ll0ut#1636
  • Options
    Yep, that's my blahg. 8->

• Options
    Custom SpecialCustom Special I know I am, I'm sure I am, I'm Sounders 'til I die!Registered User regular
    Oh...OK then! I will do my best. I have 100 of those little magnets, no 1/8" ones though (or the tester).
    Also may have just ordered an extra Mitigator (on daily special), Corollary and CoC dice (on clearance) from Miniature Market.

• Options
    DragonPupDragonPup Registered User regular
    edited June 2014
    3lwap0 wrote: »
    Broken Egg isn't that. In so far as I can tell, they took my money and made only a half hearted effort to reach out to me. I've e-mailed Flanzer twice about my order, and nada. One time he asserted it was shipped, and that I'd get it, and that I didn't get it because my post office was at fault. I can't prove that wrong, so I won't accuse him of lying, but it's highly suspect.

In short, bad. Maybe I should try FB. Part of me has ceased to care, it shouldn't be this painful.

I'd say email him one last time asking for a firm date or a full refund. If he doesn't reply or does not reply to your satisfaction, contact your credit card company or paypal and begin a chargeback request to get your money back. You can even drop a FTC complaint against them, too.

DragonPup on
    "I was there, I was there, the day Horus slew the Emperor." -Cpt Garviel Loken

Currently painting: Slowly [flickr]
  • Options
    HefflingHeffling No Pic EverRegistered User regular
    Oh...OK then! I will do my best. I have 100 of those little magnets, no 1/8" ones though (or the tester).
    Also may have just ordered an extra Mitigator (on daily special), Corollary and CoC dice (on clearance) from Miniature Market.

You don't need a tester magnet, you can just use a stack of magnets as a substitute.

• Options
    Heffling wrote: »

You don't need a tester magnet, you can just use a stack of magnets as a substitute.

True. I wasn't worried at all about that part, more so not having the larger sized magnets (which I assume are for the shoulder>torso connection for a stronger hold?).

• Options
    Yeah, the fact that kiting exists in such small games is sort of disheartening ... Oh well. I have to be happy for Retribution pulling out the win because camaraderie, but screw Circle. Kick their ass next time. :p

As a Khador player, playing without objectives is basically an exercise in tedium. I tried explaining this to a friend who played a shooting mercenary list but he never wanted to play with objectives. So I just stopped playing with him.

• Options
    Small point games are, "how badly can I break this?" and can't really be compared to anything else. That said...
    Inquisitor wrote: »

As a Khador player, playing without objectives is basically an exercise in tedium. I tried explaining this to a friend who played a shooting mercenary list but he never wanted to play with objectives. So I just stopped playing with him.

This is 100% correct.

• Options
    Yeah, we're having way more fun with objective missions. But we're playing with league rules for the league, so just whatever that mission is called the first week - kill caster or all his warnouns.

• Options
    Echo wrote: »
    Yeah, we're having way more fun with objective missions. But we're playing with league rules for the league, so just whatever that mission is called the first week - kill caster or all his warnouns.

Yeah just going to have to take your licks until you get to missions with objectives probably. Especially with Butcher as your caster.

If you had someone like pSorscha for example you could hope they get sloppy and use her crazy speed for a surprise assassination or something (pretty much the only viable straight out of the battlebox strategy for Khador). But without objectives to force the enemy to deal with you it will be rough going.

This discussion has been closed.