As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Chaos] CitOW Game 69 - In doldari's 1st Old World, who will be able to destroy it?

• Options
    susansusan Registered User regular
    Hmm. Cultist to the Kislev, 2/6.

2010 PAX DM Challenge Grand Champion
    2011 PAX Warmachine/Hordes Champion
  • Options
    doldaridoldari Registered User regular
    Round 2-3. Summon Phases

game69state25.png

- Old World Card Effects

- Upgrade Effects

- Chaos Card Effects
    The Empire : Quicken Decay (When an opponent summons a figure to or from this region, score one victory point) and Havoc (Instead of rolling battle dice in this region, all Warriors and Greater Daemons each place one corruption token during the battle phase.)
    Bretonnia : Doomwheel (If you dominate this region, score three victory points)
    Estalia : Bloodbath (Place one corruption token for each enemy figure you kill in this region)
    The Border Princes : Festival of Sinew (When an opponent summons a figure to this region, gain one power point) and Shroud of Secrecy (During the battle phase, opponents must assign hits to Peasants and other opponents' figures before assigning hits to your figures)

Khorne rest.
    @GoodOmens active.

• Options
    GoodOmensGoodOmens Registered User regular
    Summon Rat Ogre to The Badlands. 0/6

steam_sig.png
    IOS Game Center ID: Isotope-X
  • Options
    Khorne rest.
    @Krinn DNZ active.

• Options
    GoodOmens wrote: »

You sure about that? I mean, if I was you, I'd be more focused on Bretonnia, since there's a 75% chance there that Khorne will score at least 1 hit, which would cost you the domination, 6VP, and your chance at getting your very first dial advance which you so desperately need to stay viable in the game.

• Options
    Krinn DNZKrinn DNZ Registered User regular
    Cultist in the Empire, and done for the phase.

• Options
    BlackRaiderBlackRaider Registered User regular
    Play Warp Shock to Tilea.

0/6 PP

• Options
    Gah. Not where I want to be. Oh well, still got a 50% shot at this...

Cultist from the Empire to the Kislev, 1/6.
    Rapturous Excess to the Badlands, +1VP, 0/6 and let's roll some dice.

• Options
    edited April 2012
    Round 2-4. Battle Phases

game69state26.png

- Old World Card Effects

- Upgrade Effects

- Chaos Card Effects
    The Empire : Quicken Decay (When an opponent summons a figure to or from this region, score one victory point) and Havoc (Instead of rolling battle dice in this region, all Warriors and Greater Daemons each place one corruption token during the battle phase)
    Estalia : Bloodbath (Place one corruption token for each enemy figure you kill in this region)
    Tilea : Warp Shock (Each Warpstone token and magic symbol in this region counts toward your domination value)
    The Border Princes : Festival of Sinew (When an opponent summons a figure to this region, gain one power point) and Shroud of Secrecy (During the battle phase, opponents must assign hits to Peasants and other opponents' figures before assigning hits to your figures)

Battle Dice.
    The Empire : Havoc! +1 corruption
    Bretonnia : 2 Dice
    Tilea : 2 Dice
    The Border Princes : 1 Dice
    The Badlands : 1 Dice

doldari on
  • Options
    displaced quasardisplaced quasar WI, USARegistered User regular
    One hit in Bretonnia takes care of a Clan Rat

Two hits in Tilea takes the two peasents

• Options
    susan wrote: »

You sure about that? I mean, if I was you, I'd be more focused on Bretonnia, since there's a 75% chance there that Khorne will score at least 1 hit, which would cost you the domination, 6VP, and your chance at getting your very first dial advance which you so desperately need to stay viable in the game.

Nope, honestly it was a fuck-up on my part, spawned from posting early in the morning after a night of terrible dreams. But I gotta live with it now. Hopefully I'll at least stop you from double-ticking.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
  • Options
    Dangit.

Well, my rodent friend, I don't think this game's going to go too kindly for either of us.

• Options
    edited April 2012
    Round 2-5. Corruption Phases

game69state28.png

- Old World Card Effects

- Upgrade Effects

- Chaos Card Effects
    The Empire : Quicken Decay (When an opponent summons a figure to or from this region, score one victory point) and Havoc (Instead of rolling battle dice in this region, all Warriors and Greater Daemons each place one corruption token during the battle phase)
    Tilea : Warp Shock (Each Warpstone token and magic symbol in this region counts toward your domination value)

Domination Step
    Troll Country : +1VP
    The Empire : +5VP
    Tilea : +2VP
    The Border Princes : +2VP
    The Badlands : +2VP

Corruption Step
    Troll country : +4 DAC
    Kislev : +2 DAC
    The Empire : +1, +4 DAC, +4 DAC
    Bretonnia : +3
    The Border Princes : +2 DAC
    The Badlands : +1

Check for Ruination
    The Empire 1st: +3VP, +3VP, +3VP, +3VP

Updated VP
    4 + 3 = 7VP
    10 + 3 = 13VP
    5 + 11 = 16VP
    6 + 4 = 10VP
    0 + 3 = 3VP

doldari on
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    Round 2-6. End Phases

game69state291.png

1. Remove Chaos Cards from the Board.

2. Hero Tokens are resolved.
    Kislev : Seductresse

3. Resolve Old World cards. - None

4. Score Ruined Regions.
    The Empire : +10VP , +5VP

5. Advance Threat Dials - Each god ticks once except for Horned Rat
    12 - upgrade
    10 - Remove 1 Corruption
    9 - upgrade
    11 - upgrade

Updated VP
    7VP
    13 + 5 = 18VP
    16 + 10 = 26VP
    10VP
    3VP

6. Check for Game end - The game does not end.

Things that need to happen:
    1. displaced quasar to choose an upgrade.
    2. Krinn DNZ to remove 1 corruption.
    3. BlackRaider to choose an upgrade.
    4. susan to choose an upgrade.

doldari on
  • Options
    Daemonette upgrade.

GoodOmens, I propose an alliance - Since neither of us can win at this point, I propose we try and help the Old World win. Thoughts?

• Options
    Bloodletter upgrade please

• Options
    Mystical Disregard upgrade

• Options
    edited April 2012
    @Krinn DNZ to remove 1 corruption.

doldari on
  • Options
    I'll pull one Khorne corruption out of Estalia.

• Options
    edited April 2012
    Round 3-1. Old World Phases

Greenskins Invade
    Remove all Event tokens from the board and remove any Old World cards bearing the Twin-tailed Comet icon from the Old World track. Then, place an Event token in each of The Badlands, The Empire and Tilea. - While this Old World card remains in play, each player battling in a region containing an Event token may roll only one battle die, in total, per battle phase. If some of a player's battle dice have different capabilities than others, each player may choose which of his battle dice to roll.

game69state33.png

The Empire was ruined, so don't place a Event token.

doldari on
  • Options
    Round 3-2. Draw Phase

Tzeentch may choose to discard one card before drawing to 5.

Draw 2, 7 in hand, 15 left in deck
    Draw 2, 5 in hand, 15 left in deck
    Draw 3 or 4, 5 in hand, 11 or 12 left in deck
    Draw 2, 5 in hand, 15 left in deck
    Draw 2, 7 in hand, 15 left in deck

Once Tzeentch has decided whether or not to discard, Khorne will be active to begin the first summoning phase.

• Options
  • Options
    Terror to Troll Country. Move one Acolyte to Norsca

7/7 PP

• Options
    @Krinn DNZ active.

• Options
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    Play Warpstorm to The Border Princes.
    6/6PP

BlackRaider on
  • Options
    Festival of Sinews to Border Princes, 6/6. Omens, thoughts on my proposal?

• Options
    edited April 2012
    Round 3-3. Summon Phases

game69state34.png

- Old World Card Effects
    Greenskins Invade : Roll just one dice, in total, per battle phase in Tilea and The Badlands.

- Upgrade Effects
    Bloodletters - You gain two victory points each time you kill a figure in a region containing a Bloodletter
    Mystical Disregard - Once per round, you may play a Chaos card on top of an opponent's Chaos card, canceling its effect. The card you play must have power equal to or greater than the card you cover
    Daemonettes - When you summon a Daemonette into a region, you may take control of an opponent's Cultist in that region until the end of the turn. (Place the Cultist next to the Daemonette as a reminder.)

- Chaos Card Effects
    The Border Princes : Warpstorm (If you kill one or more enemy figures in this region during the battle phase, place a Warpstone token in this region) and Festival of Sinew (When an opponent summons a figure to this region, gain one power point)

@GoodOmens active.

doldari on
  • Options
    Slaanesh, such an offer is tempting, but I think we should still try to make a game of it. Let's consider a non-aggression pact, instead.

Play Strength in Numbers in Brettonia. 5/6 left.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Cultist from the Empire to Kislev

6/7 PP

• Options
    edited April 2012

I think this card don't give anything, because HR didn't have more figures than any one other player in this region.
    O_o

doldari on
  • Options
    Round 3-3. Summon Phases

game69state35.png

- Old World Card Effects
    Greenskins Invade : Roll just one dice, in total, per battle phase in Tilea and The Badlands.

- Upgrade Effects
    Bloodletters - You gain two victory points each time you kill a figure in a region containing a Bloodletter
    Mystical Disregard - Once per round, you may play a Chaos card on top of an opponent's Chaos card, canceling its effect. The card you play must have power equal to or greater than the card you cover
    Daemonettes - When you summon a Daemonette into a region, you may take control of an opponent's Cultist in that region until the end of the turn. (Place the Cultist next to the Daemonette as a reminder.)

- Chaos Card Effects
    The Border Princes : Warpstorm (If you kill one or more enemy figures in this region during the battle phase, place a Warpstone token in this region) and Festival of Sinew (When an opponent summons a figure to this region, gain one power point)

@Krinn DNZ active.

• Options
    doldari wrote: »

I think this card don't give anything, because HR didn't have more figures than any one other player in this region.
    O_o

Not yet. I'm hoping for later, and closing that card slot before someone else puts something nasty there.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    doldari wrote: »

O_o

Not yet. I'm hoping for later, and closing that card slot before someone else puts something nasty there.

@GoodOmens, see Darian's personal Unofficial FAQ.
    21. Strength in Numbers and Verminous Horde -- what is the trigger condition for these? Are they the same, or is there a difference between them?
    [FAQ - The same; the Horned Rat must have more figures than at least one opponent who is present in the region.
    My ruling - Following this to its logical conclusion, the cards will give no effect if only the horned rat is in the region. That seems odd to me, so as a house rule it will also trigger if only the rat has figures present.]

doldari on
  • Options
    @Krinn DNZ active.

• Options

I think more Filth is called for. Filth in Kislev.
    (M) Filth - 0 - When you play this card, replace one opponent's corruption token in this region with one of your corruption tokens.
    6/6PP

• Options
    Play Bolt of Change to The Badlands.
    Replace Rat Ogre with two Clan Rats.
    6/6PP

• Options
    Warrior to Troll Country, 4/6, seize one of Tzeentch's dudes.

• Options
    Round 3-3. Summon Phases

game69state36.png

- Old World Card Effects

- Upgrade Effects

- Chaos Card Effects

@GoodOmens active.