As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Draw Something]! Unintentionally revealing the deficiencies of modern education.

• Options
    Ninja Snarl PNinja Snarl P My helmet is my burden. Ninja Snarl: Gone, but not forgotten.Registered User regular
    redfield85 wrote: »
    At the main screen, slide your finger over the game.

Sweet, thanks.

• Options
    redfield85redfield85 Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    tumblr_m11j49cwCx1rrmeswo1_250.png250px-Pokemon_Sapphire_boxart_EN-US.jpg

edit: Check out my sig for a few more Pokemon ones and Scream!

redfield85 on
    bYf6vNQ.png
    Tumblr | Twitter | Twitch | Pinny Arcade Lanyard
    [3DS] 3394-3901-4002 | [Xbox/Steam] Redfield85
  • Options
    belligerentbelligerent Registered User regular
    SC20120317-051246.jpg

Um, yeah. I fear for our future.

• Options
    TychoCelchuuuTychoCelchuuu PIGEON Registered User regular
    I don't know why you're worried, that's a spitting image of a patatoe.

• Options
    Professor SnugglesworthProfessor Snugglesworth Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    Welp, this thread went and convinced me to check out the game, to which I soon quickly paid the 99 cents for the full version.

Is OP going to feature a friend list? Because I would definitely be down for it.

Already met one random fuckwit who just wrote the word I was supposed to guess. I won't tolerate lazy shits like that.

He couldn't even guess my drawing of Venom, of which I was rather proud of.

Professor Snugglesworth on
  • Options
    IriahIriah Registered User regular
    Whenever I try to start games by facebook, the app crashes. Can anyone tell me why?

• Options
    Because you don't have a New iPad.
    (hugs his new iPad)

Seriously though I dunno.

• Options
    TeeManTeeMan BrainSpoon Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    I'm finding a far few people take the lazy way out and just spell the word if it's reasonably short. I mean, the word is Paris, just draw the Eiffel Tower or some snoody Frenchman. The whole point is fun in guessing, not grinding out coins

TeeMan on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Why did they label that chocolate chip cookie as a patatoe?

bYf6vNQ.png
  • Options
    Ninja Snarl PNinja Snarl P My helmet is my burden. Ninja Snarl: Gone, but not forgotten.Registered User regular
    How are folks getting the screenshots of their stuff? Is that a feature from the paid version or are they just using whatever screenshot feature they have on their device?

• Options
    edited March 2012
    Wonder how many people will get this one:
    AQKeU.png

Also, username is Todd McFarlane. Feel free to send me a challenge anytime.

Professor Snugglesworth on
  • Options
    How are folks getting the screenshots of their stuff? Is that a feature from the paid version or are they just using whatever screenshot feature they have on their device?

Phone feature. Mr. Snugglesworth needs to make his pictures smaller. So much scrolling on my phone. I assume it is gigantic on a PC screen.

Would you guys want to donate bad pictures to me to put on the tumblr? I want to have like a "terrible picture of the week" or something. I wish I didn't use tumblr. I think I like blog spot more.

bYf6vNQ.png
  • Options
    What this game really needs is a replay feature, both for looking back at old images and for answering current ones.

I say this because it's amazing how many pictures start out looking like a dick and turn out to not be dicks.

• Options
    redfield85 wrote: »

Phone feature. Mr. Snugglesworth needs to make his pictures smaller. So much scrolling on my phone. I assume it is gigantic on a PC screen.

Yeah, sorry about that. This game needs a screenshot feature, badly.

You can't even look at the drawings you recently sent out until your partner guesses on it.

Also, do you get extra coins for guessing early?

• Options
    Nah, I don't think there are benefits to answering early. Screen shot and review feature would be a welcome addition for sure.

I would love to be able to manually back out of a game instead of having to leave the app. Also, an undo button while drawing.

bYf6vNQ.png
  • Options
    Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    Didnt quit on you, Bullio. This game doesnt seem to work well when im not connected to any WiFi... and i only get to do that at work =\

Also, this game single handedly makes me want an iPad :P

Or at least an iPhone stylus...

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • Options
    DangerousDangerous Registered User regular
    Do things cost any less coins in the non-ad version? Because 300 coins just for a couple colors is shitty.

sig2-2.jpg
  • Options
    fragglefartfragglefart Registered User regular
    Played this at a social gathering last night, one person on an iPad1, one on an iPhone 4.

Totally awesome, so much fun and good times! Ewok was the funniest thing...

Also the 'draw the most complicated scene before revealing the true subject' metagame is indeed the best.

Can't wait 'til my pad arrives, going to be such a long wait!

fragglefart.jpg
  • Options
    I want an iPad for this and my Comixology comics.

bYf6vNQ.png
  • Options
    Played this at a social gathering last night, one person on an iPad1, one on an iPhone 4.

Totally awesome, so much fun and good times! Ewok was the funniest thing...

Also the 'draw the most complicated scene before revealing the true subject' metagame is indeed the best.

Can't wait 'til my pad arrives, going to be such a long wait!

Speaking of:
    SC20120317-050256.jpg

Now this one was mine, and I thought it was a good one.

SC20120317-134607.jpg

My galaxy tab 10.1 has a dedicate screenshot button. that's how I do it.

• Options
    Dangerous wrote: »
    Do things cost any less coins in the non-ad version? Because 300 coins just for a couple colors is shitty.

nope, it's pretty much 300 for 6 colors. However, you don't really need more than 1 or two palets. I've already bought 3. It's really easy to earn that in a couple days if you play against 15-20 opponents a night.

I'll start a friends list in the op tomorrow. List your username if you want.

• Options
    edited March 2012
    I take it as a point of pride that I've done a few dozen games already and the only time somebody hasn't gotten my message in seconds was for a crudely-drawn comic strip about for "wedgie". That was the first pass anybody took for one of my images and I was pretty okay with it given the quality of the comic.

However, it seems like a lot of people just don't try at all. If you aren't willing to at least attempt horribly-rendered images, why bother playing? Most of the fun comes from the bizarre creations.

Ninja Snarl P on
  • Options
    SynthesisSynthesis Honda Today! Registered User regular
    The best picture of last night was someone who drew a water bottle, a potato and the swastika.
    Answer? Russia.

This would have been perfect for Irish Fascism circa 1930s, but Russia? Hmmmm....

• Options
    I have assassin for one of my next words. You know what is coming!

bYf6vNQ.png
  • Options
    DredZedDredZed Registered User regular
    Where can I find the place to get new color pallets in the free game? I don't see it.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    BullioBullio Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    Skull2185 wrote: »
    Didnt quit on you, Bullio. This game doesnt seem to work well when im not connected to any WiFi... and i only get to do that at work =\

Also, this game single handedly makes me want an iPad :P

Or at least an iPhone stylus...

I figured as much, but I saw the nudge button and thought "what does this do?" Figured it would send some sort of alert, but "itchy fingers wanting to press buttons" and all that.

Bullio on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    SpaffySpaffy Fuck the Zero Registered User regular
    I love this game but I am so bad at drawing and my HTC's screen isn't too precise. My proudest moment was the other guy guessing tomhanks after I drew a shifty stick figure on a shifty be

ALRIGHT FINE I GOT AN AVATAR
    Steam: adamjnet
  • Options
    DredZed wrote: »
    Where can I find the place to get new color pallets in the free game? I don't see it.

At the very right of your color palette when you're drawing there's a plus symbol. press that to see which palettes are available.

• Options
    sassfactor4sassfactor4 Brooklyn, NYRegistered User regular
    this is one of the only apps I've ever bought.

username: sassfactor4

Obsessed!

• Options
    protoniumprotonium Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    I got sucked in to the Draw Something craze too. Out of interest, I also found Charadium II and like it more so far because:
    - it was free on the App Store two days ago
    - has no in-app purchases
    - has a screenshot feature
    - 18 colour palette (free)
    - 9 brushes/drawing tools
    - 3 game modes + free draw mode

Edited for clarity...and to not sound like an ad lol

protonium on
  • Options
    I looked at that post and thought it was spam at first.

-Draw Something is already free.
    -No shitty in-app purchases
    -If you are using an iPhone, you can take screen caps of anything you want.
    -Quite a few color palettes for purchase via in-game currency.
    -4 or so brush sizes.

The only thing that game might have over Draw Something is having actual game modes. Competent players doesn't mean anything. There will be plenty of shitty players in both games (and it doesn't matter if you just play your friends). What a coincidence that that game is free after Draw Something (seemingly) makes it big.

bYf6vNQ.png
  • Options
    sassfactor4sassfactor4 Brooklyn, NYRegistered User regular
    edited March 2012
    [REMOVED]

against fellow forumer Antherem

Sterica on
  • Options
    Jean Claude Van CalmJean Claude Van Calm 'sup? Awesome Possum.Registered User regular
    If ya get a game invite against Grimmsy that'd be me and I am terrible at this game.

PSN: Grimmsy- Xbox Live: Grimmsy
  • Options
    Suggestions for OP (some have already been talked about):

-User names to play each other
    -Potential rules to not be a silly goose while drawing (although, it is still fun to dick around with people you know)
    -Images submitted by forum folks (or just stuff posted in this thread)
    -Link to my tumblr for all my drawings and links to anyone else's Draw Something central site/blog
    -Tutorial on how to buy color packs, general info, how to change brush sizes, etc

bYf6vNQ.png
  • Options
    Jam WarriorJam Warrior Registered User regular
    My sister managed to guess 'MC Hammer' from a crude stick man with giant pants. I'm impressed.

MhCw7nZ.gif
  • Options
    SC20120318-181237.jpg
    SC20120318-181252.jpg
    SC20120318-180209.jpg
    SC20120319-011251.jpg

• Options
    fragglefartfragglefart Registered User regular
    LMAO WTF is that? o_O

fragglefart.jpg
  • Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    Please either ask for permission or edit out the real names of people before posting screens.

Just common courtesy.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    I'm going to assume gamertags are part of that. I got lazy on the last two, sorry.

should fix itself.

• Options
    edited March 2012
    I wouldn't think gamertags matter. I could see someone not wanting half their name out there. I told everyone I am playing, besides the one and only random person I play, that I am going to be posting this stuff on my tumblr and to let me know if they care about their avatar/name being on there. They have all seen the tumblr and don't seem to care.

edit: I haven't played this game in like two days. What is wrong with me!?

edit: I see two or so of you asked me to games. I am not ignoring you. I have a lot of games going. I will be drawing tonight/tomorrow to build my portfolio for the tumblr.

tumblr_m15op7qryP1rrmeswo2_250.png

redfield85 on
    bYf6vNQ.png