As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

A Thread About Movies

• Options
    TomantaTomanta Registered User regular
    Cabin in the Woods
    noir_blood wrote: »
    Though I do have some things that didn't quite make sense.
    How the fuck does the organization come up with all those monsters? And why would they have a big red button that releases them into the lobby? I know that when the fool/virgin where in the elevator, they directed it to the lobby, but it seems weird that it would have also directed all the other monster cubes

I would assume
    The way the elevator works is it loads a cube into it, goes to the surface and opens the cube. Why there was a purge button and why it was right next to the elevators... who the hell knows, there's a lot of things that don't make sense if you think about it, just like most horror movies :).

Maybe 'purge' is designed in case of an emergency, they open all the cells into the facility and then go scorched earth on it.

• Options
    TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    The Raid was fantastic, so simple it works by not really thinking it's groundbreaking in the story department. Some of the instant kills in the movie were just cool, and many films don't really hit cool button anymore. It really was like watching a Donnie Yen and Tony Jaa film mashed together, and then some good Michael Bay stuff from the 90's added just to help out.

What I like is that the film in it's own way was trying to say "those films you love? We'll one up them."
    The Rock's way of thinning out the infiltration squad? We can beat that.
    Man From Nowhere's knife fight scenes? We can beat that.
    Ip Man's hands everywhere fighting? We can beat that.
    Oldboy's hallway fight? We can't really beat that but we come pretty darn close.

The one standout in the film I thought was the guy who played Jaka, the sergeant. If he can learn English (maybe he already does), I could see him working his way into US films as the second in command type guy who does most of the real action stuff behind whatever A-list guy is picked to be grizzled tough guy. He really works as the stoic good guy veteran.

• Options
    KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    Mad Dog was the stand out for me. That last fight was insane.

• Options
    ElJeffeElJeffe Moderator, ClubPA mod
    I've kept meaning to rewatch The Big Lebowski to see if I had reached a place where I would actually enjoy it. I tried it again, and after thirty minutes shut it off. It's not terrible or anything, but it just really really does nothing for me. I understand what it's trying to do, but for some reason every single beat just falls flat for me. Pretty sure that it's the only Coen film that I don't at least really like. (Note: I have not seen Ladykillers.)

I submitted an entry to Lego Ideas, and if 10,000 people support me, it'll be turned into an actual Lego set!If you'd like to see and support my submission, follow this link.
  • Options
    TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    Kyougu wrote: »
    I'll never see fluorescent lightbulbs the same way

• Options
    LilnoobsLilnoobs Alpha Queue Registered User regular
    InkSplat wrote: »
    Lilnoobs wrote: »
    edit: I mean just re-read the spoilers for those who have seen it, they are all comedy related. An analogy: Zombieland is to Night of the Living Dead as Cabin in the Woods is to The Descent. I liked all of these movies, but I would consider Night of the Living Dead a better zombie movie than Zombieland, The Descent a better horror movie than Cabin in the Woods.

Honestly, I'd compare this more to Shaun of the Dead. And Shaun of the Dead is fantastic at what it does.
    Really, I felt like the movie kept jumps and tension in just fine. I mean, its the moment it happens that's the payoff. After that, when they cut away in this movie, its usually just gratuitous and not scary any more in any other movies. So I don't think there's anything wrong with them cutting to the controllers after someone gets stabbed, or right before a redneck zombie pops through a window. Those lead-ups are going to happen in all of those movies, but there were still people in the theatre doing the typical "Get away from the window!" sort of quips and winces.

I think that means it is still pretty effective.

Shaun of the Dead is a good comparison.

• Options
    BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    edit: I mean just re-read the spoilers for those who have seen it, they are all comedy related. An analogy: Zombieland is to Night of the Living Dead as Cabin in the Woods is to The Descent. I liked all of these movies, but I would consider Night of the Living Dead a better zombie movie than Zombieland, The Descent a better horror movie than Cabin in the Woods.

Honestly, I'd compare this more to Shaun of the Dead. And Shaun of the Dead is fantastic at what it does.
    Really, I felt like the movie kept jumps and tension in just fine. I mean, its the moment it happens that's the payoff. After that, when they cut away in this movie, its usually just gratuitous and not scary any more in any other movies. So I don't think there's anything wrong with them cutting to the controllers after someone gets stabbed, or right before a redneck zombie pops through a window. Those lead-ups are going to happen in all of those movies, but there were still people in the theatre doing the typical "Get away from the window!" sort of quips and winces.

Well...
    a lot of the films that Cabin in the Woods "parodied" were actually played more for laughs than Cabin was. Some of the Evil Deads, Friday the 13ths, Nightmare on Elm Streets? Much jokier than anything in Cabin, so it doesn't really make sense to say that Cabin is to them as Shaun of the Dead was to Romero's films.

I actually think a better comparison might be to say that Cabin is this decade's Scream, mainly because Scream was going for roughly the same deconstruction of slasher horror as Cabin was.

• Options
    Mad King GeorgeMad King George Registered User regular
    Tomanta wrote: »

I'm pretty sure I saw
    the Hellraiser wannabes torturing somebody.

It was a "Why don't they have pause/rewind button" things.
    I want a still shot of the big board, I didn't have time to read everything!

I also want to know what they would have gotten had they watched those movies.

Tomanta, here's the board:
    d3c567eb_theboard.jpeg I think the ones hidden behind him are Merman, Reanimated, Sasquatch/Wendigo/Yeti, (Masked?) Horrors, and Jack O Lantern.
    Burnage wrote: »

I actually think a better comparison might be to say that Cabin is this decade's Scream, mainly because Scream was going for roughly the same deconstruction of slasher horror as Cabin was.[/spoiler]

I think you have to look at it as
    a deconstruction of Scream.

• Options
    Kid PresentableKid Presentable Registered User regular

Well...
    a lot of the films that Cabin in the Woods "parodied" were actually played more for laughs than Cabin was. Some of the Evil Deads, Friday the 13ths, Nightmare on Elm Streets? Much jokier than anything in Cabin, so it doesn't really make sense to say that Cabin is to them as Shaun of the Dead was to Romero's films.

I actually think a better comparison might be to say that Cabin is this decade's Scream, mainly because Scream was going for roughly the same deconstruction of slasher horror as Cabin was.

Cabin In The Woods spoilery discussion!

What I really enjoyed about the movie was the fact that in the end, it wasn't even really a parody of horror movies was it? In the end, you find out that all those horror tropes and cliches that it was "parodying" were part of a bigger picture. In the context of that film's universe, all of those cliches existed for a very specific reason; to play out a sacrificial ritual in a specifically designed way, because that's how it has to be done in order to appease the old gods. So the movie wasn't parodying all that stuff, it was explaining why that stuff is something that exists to warrant parodying. It was explaining why those tropes exist in the first place; they exist because that's the way the sacrifice has to go. I absolutely adored the layers upon layers involved in this scenario.

I don't think this movie was like Shaun of the Dead, or like Scream, or like any other film, but I have come up with an explanation that works perfectly for me. It's the Horror movie equivalent of the video game "Portal". I wouldn't tell somebody this before they saw the movie because it would give too much away, but I couldn't help but get this vibe while watching the movie, especially into the third act. Hell, at one point when the Virgin and the Fool get to the facility (outside of the "experiment" areas that they are meant to stay in), there is a disembodied woman's voice speaking to them about the importance of the work being done (the science) who also quickly transitions into humorously suggesting that they allow themselves to be killed. If that wasn't at least somehow inspired by GLaDOS I would be surprised. I could make a whole post about this Portal comparison theory of mine. Anybody else pick up on that?

• Options
    BloodySlothBloodySloth Registered User regular

I actually think a better comparison might be to say that Cabin is this decade's Scream, mainly because Scream was going for roughly the same deconstruction of slasher horror as Cabin was.[/spoiler]

I think you have to look at it as
    a deconstruction of Scream.

How deep does this rabbit hole go?

• Options
    OremLKOremLK Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    I liked Cabin, but I thought there were some missed opportunities, particularly with the ending.
    The typical writer's chestnut regarding endings is that they should be "unexpected yet inevitable". This means that the ending should surprise you, but should also be cleverly foreshadowed so that it doesn't feel like it's coming out of nowhere (deux ex machina being one of the biggest examples of this).

Cabin had hints of deus ex machina, but that wasn't too egregious. More problematic was that the ending was like, "Okay, I guess the world ends now". They set up this big conundrum from pretty early in the movie and you have it in your back of your mind the whole time, "how are the surviving protagonist(s) going to get out of this without bringing about the Buffypocalypse?" For the answer to be "haha, suckers, they don't! And the world goes kaput too!" Is just so... boring. And kind of deflating.

My wife brought up a cool idea for the ending. What if the ending was a plot twist based on the virgin/fool roles. In other words, for the purposes of the magic, Dana isn't actually the virgin even though they tried to force her into that role--Marty is. So Dana decides to kill Marty to save the world, thinking he is the Fool and she is the Virgin. Only she ends up dying instead, taking on the role of the Fool, and only geeky pothead Virgin Marty survives. It works on another level; Marty is supposed to be the "fool", yet he's the least foolish and most competent of any of the kids.

That's just one idea, but I thought it was cool because the groundwork was already laid for it, and only minor changes would've been needed.

Anyway, despite my issues with the ending, I liked the movie. I didn't love it, but I enjoyed it.

OremLK on
    My zombie survival life simulator They Don't Sleep is out now on Steam if you want to check it out.
  • Options

How deep does this rabbit hole go?

Well, look at it like this:
    Scream talks about the rules of slashers while also making it's characters follow them, and Cabin deconstructs those rules and nobody conforms to anything. Instead of the fool's weed being what gets him killed, it's what allows him to have clarity, etc.

• Options
    Thanks for the screencap of the board, that's awesome.
    Angry Molesting Tree and Deadites, nice. And is that "Kevin" below Deadites? That's probably the most terrifying option.

• Options
    A Dabble Of TheloniusA Dabble Of Thelonius It has been a doozy of a dayRegistered User regular
    Just saw Cabin. Freakin loved it.
    Way funnier then I expected. The third act was just sublime. "Good job, zombie arm."

vm8gvf5p7gqi.jpg
    Steam - Talon Valdez :Blizz - Talonious#1860 : Xbox Live & LoL - Talonious Monk @TaloniousMonk Hail Satan
  • Options
    OremLK wrote: »
    I liked Cabin, but I thought there were some missed opportunities, particularly with the ending.

...Snip...

Anyway, despite my issues with the ending, I liked the movie. I didn't love it, but I enjoyed it.

I don't think that would've worked. The idea of the
    Old Gods is that they're us. Hence why it looks like a human hand at the end and not a tentacle. It's commenting on the fact that what we're seeing is a false dichotomy; the world won't end: only the character's world will end. It's the idea that you can kill Ash any time you want simply by putting The Evil Dead on stop.

• Options
    BeltaineBeltaine BOO BOO DOO DE DOORegistered User regular
    My issue with Cabin:
    We were let in on the gag too early (almost immediately). Would it have been better for it to seem like a typical scary movie until someone finds the first hidden camera, and then we get the whole behind the scenes goings on?

XdDBi4F.jpg
    PSN: Beltaine-77 | Steam: beltane77 | Battle.net BadHaggis#1433
  • Options
    edited April 2012

...Snip...

Old Gods is that they're us. Hence why it looks like a human hand at the end and not a tentacle. It's commenting on the fact that what we're seeing is a false dichotomy; the world won't end: only the character's world will end. It's the idea that you can kill Ash any time you want simply by putting The Evil Dead on stop.

Yes. On reflection, I'm picking up more of the thematic underpinning here. But even though that's the case, it still doesn't make the plot work on a literal level. The best stories manage both, but Cabin sacrifices the literal plot for the metaphor.
    Beltaine wrote: »
    My issue with Cabin:
    We were let in on the gag too early (almost immediately). Would it have been better for it to seem like a typical scary movie until someone finds the first hidden camera, and then we get the whole behind the scenes goings on?

I think it would come across as too ridiculous.
    You have to foreshadow the conspiracy early on and heavily to get the audience to suspend their disbelief, in my opinion. Trying to turn a simple zombie slasher into a high-concept speculative fiction story halfway into the movie just doesn't work, tonally or in terms of plausibility.

OremLK on
    My zombie survival life simulator They Don't Sleep is out now on Steam if you want to check it out.
  • Options

...Snip...

Yes. On reflection, I'm picking up more of the thematic underpinning here. But even though that's the case, it still doesn't make the plot work on a literal level. The best stories manage both, but Cabin sacrifices the literal plot for the metaphor.

But
    at the point where the characters from upstairs and downstairs are mixing, the film has abandoned the literal level and everyone is living in themeland.

• Options
    edited April 2012
    But
    at the point where the characters from upstairs and downstairs are mixing, the film has abandoned the literal level and everyone is living in themeland.

The two were interwoven from the beginning.
    I don't think there's the distinction here you're trying to make--the upstairs and downstairs parts are both part of the literal plot and both part of the metaphor. It's not like we wandered off into some magic fairy-land of theme; we're shown that it's a literal, in-world conspiracy from very early on when there is a guy standing on the roof of the house saying "the birds have left the nest" or whatever. And yet, at the same time, it is satire on a clever and far-reaching level. I just think it's a shame the literal ending had to be so blah to accomplish it.

OremLK on
  • Options
    But

The two were interwoven from the beginning.
    I don't think there's the distinction here you're trying to make--the upstairs and downstairs parts are both part of the literal plot and both part of the metaphor. It's not like we wandered off into some magic fairy-land of theme; we're shown that it's a literal, in-world conspiracy from very early on when there is a guy standing on the roof of the house saying "the birds have left the nest" or whatever.

The distinction isn't so literal.
    It's in knowing and not knowing. Once the upstairs characters become self aware at the end and making their own uninfluenced choices they break the movie.

• Options
    InkSplatInkSplat 100%ed Bad Rats. Registered User regular
    I'll be honest, I thought
    at the end there, when they're describing the Virgin and the Fool, and she's like "Me?" and The Director responds with "We work with what we have." That they were totally setting up the pothead to be the Virgin. Especially when the Virgin then proceeds to get attacked by a werewolf.

But I was fine with that not being the way it went down, because at that point, I think it would have been too obvious. It doesn't work if you're introduced to the Whore/Athlete/Scholar/Fool/Virgin set up and then it is immediately broken. Maybe if it had been revealed earlier, but having that reveal, and then instantly flipping it just takes away the whole point of having it at all. In the end, I think it was more surprising that he wasn't the Virgin. Because that would have been the easy way to have it all end "happily".

Also, at the end
    When the Werewolf is in the shadows, and all you can see is the teeth, did anyone else see the mouth of a Xenomorph from Aliens? I totally thought it was going to be a Xenomorph.

Origin for Dragon Age: Inquisition Shenanigans: Inksplat776
  • Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    I'll be honest, I thought
    at the end there, when they're describing the Virgin and the Fool, and she's like "Me?" and The Director responds with "We work with what we have." That they were totally setting up the pothead to be the Virgin. Especially when the Virgin then proceeds to get attacked by a werewolf.

But I was fine with that not being the way it went down, because at that point, I think it would have been too obvious. It doesn't work if you're introduced to the Whore/Athlete/Scholar/Fool/Virgin set up and then it is immediately broken. Maybe if it had been revealed earlier, but having that reveal, and then instantly flipping it just takes away the whole point of having it at all. In the end, I think it was more surprising that he wasn't the Virgin. Because that would have been the easy way to have it all end "happily".

Also, at the end
    When the Werewolf is in the shadows, and all you can see is the teeth, did anyone else see the mouth of a Xenomorph from Aliens? I totally thought it was going to be a Xenomorph.

Just got back from Cabin. Loved the movie.
    To the second spoiler, yes.
    especially with who played the Director

To me the movie had some definite Leslie Vernon: Behind the Mask vibes, more then it did Scream at any rate. Showing the typical horror tropes, then showing how they're accomplished in-universe.
    Also, if you haven't seen Leslie Vernon, you should do so.
    Also, did I miss anything post-credits if I left early to prevent my bladder from bursting?

• Options
    edited April 2012
    Yes. They would have had to make changes to better foreshadow it
    if they were going for that role-reversal ending. However, I thought the ending they chose was from a plot perspective extremely obvious from very early on. Basically as soon as you figure out this is a ritual sacrifice to appease the Elder Gods and keep them from doing horrible shit to the world, you know that a huge moral conflict is set up; if the protagonists survive, they doom the world. What would be satisfying on a literal level would be to find a third option which makes sense and is well-foreshadowed. Not an easy out, "happily ever" after scenario... it would have to come with a cost, obviously.

To instead say, "okay, the world ends now" is picking just about the lowest-hanging fruit, from a plotting perspective. It's unexpected in that you don't think the writers would do something so obvious, and that's why I think it's anticlimactic.

Now like I said I realize on further thought that it's all part of the satire and plays into the theme of the film. That's just not enough for me though. Maybe I'm greedy, but I want a story to work on both levels. Even tragedies have literal closure. To go back to our exemplar for all things Story, Shakespeare: That's why Romeo & Juliet doesn't end when the two lovers die, it ends after a denouement in which the two families end their feud.

OremLK on
  • Options
    Cabin:
    I loved that none of the "players" really fit their role. Except the fool, anyway. Their virgin wasn't - hell, she fucked her teacher making her a "whore". The "scholar" was pretty athletic, the "athlete" was pretty smart...

Work with what we have, indeed.

• Options
    Inter_dInter_d Registered User regular

I did not expect him to be Mad Dog, that little guy? he has to be the brains of the operation.
    This tenacious little bastard could kick the crap out of Batman and Bane at the same time. I was astounded watching him just tear into the captain, and then when he fought the brothers I thought, "okay, here's where he tells his brother to scram so he can handle Mad Dog."

Nope.
    Damn, this guy stole the whole damn movie, which is saying something when the hero is still an unbelievable badass.

Seriously, the Raid has forever changed my definition of badass.

• Options
    MalkorMalkor Registered User regular
    Tomanta wrote: »
    Cabin:
    I loved that none of the "players" really fit their role. Except the fool, anyway. Their virgin wasn't - hell, she fucked her teacher making her a "whore". The "scholar" was pretty athletic, the "athlete" was pretty smart...

Work with what we have, indeed.
    maybe she wasn't a virgin in the "traditional" sense. In the beginning she hinted at it to the "athlete". I think the prof was married, and I can think of a few ways to be intimate and more or less avoid pregnancies...

I liked it lots.
    The end reveal with the horrors being unleashed was pretty much perfect, although Pennywise is actually something I'm still afraid of for reals.

14271f3c-c765-4e74-92b1-49d7612675f2.jpg
  • Options
    StraygatsbyStraygatsby Registered User regular
    Non-spoilery note on Cabin: The speakerphone gag had me on the floor clutching my side. Such a simple joke, done so many times before, done so right in such a weird place. I think it may have been my favorite scene in the film.

• Options
    SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    Best part of Cabin in the Woods was the Evil Dead Reference.
    "Angry Molesting Tree" on the whiteboard.

Seriously, that was an utterly fantastic movie. Really shocked that
    Sigourney Weaver
    was in it!

If you haven't seen it, don't read spoilers. Just go. Go now.

• Options
    InkSplatInkSplat 100%ed Bad Rats. Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Non-spoilery note on Cabin: The speakerphone gag had me on the floor clutching my side. Such a simple joke, done so many times before, done so right in such a weird place. I think it may have been my favorite scene in the film.

That was definitely done absolutely perfectly.
    I loved how he went from crazy cultist to indignant, right back to crazy cultist.

Also, "Hey, I had zombies too!" "Yes you did. You had zombies. They had Zombie Torture Family. All about the distinction."

Oh, and "I don't think we have one of these." "I spoke to zoology, and they swear we do." "Well, they would know."

I kind of want to know what that one was. :P

InkSplat on
    Origin for Dragon Age: Inquisition Shenanigans: Inksplat776
  • Options
    KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    Inter_d wrote: »

I did not expect him to be Mad Dog, that little guy? he has to be the brains of the operation.
    This tenacious little bastard could kick the crap out of Batman and Bane at the same time. I was astounded watching him just tear into the captain, and then when he fought the brothers I thought, "okay, here's where he tells his brother to scram so he can handle Mad Dog."

Nope.
    Damn, this guy stole the whole damn movie, which is saying something when the hero is still an unbelievable badass.

Seriously, the Raid has forever changed my definition of badass.

The end of that fight had everyone cringing, muttering Jesus Christ, laughing and clapping.

• Options
    McFodderMcFodder Registered User regular
    So annoying that Cabin doesn't come out til mid-July here in Australia. I *hate* not clicking spoiler tags, even for my own good. Just have to hope discussion about it dies down soon.

I know we get Avengers before America does, and I'm pretty psyched for that, but if I could swap them around I would - I'm pretty sure getting spoiled on Avengers would have a much smaller impact on how much I'll enjoy it.

Switch Friend Code: SW-3944-9431-0318
    PSN / Xbox / NNID: Fodder185
  • Options
    So It GoesSo It Goes We keep moving...Registered User regular
    ElJeffe wrote: »
    I've kept meaning to rewatch The Big Lebowski to see if I had reached a place where I would actually enjoy it. I tried it again, and after thirty minutes shut it off. It's not terrible or anything, but it just really really does nothing for me. I understand what it's trying to do, but for some reason every single beat just falls flat for me. Pretty sure that it's the only Coen film that I don't at least really like. (Note: I have not seen Ladykillers.)

I am sad for you Jeffe

• Options
    AstaerethAstaereth In the belly of the beastRegistered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Thanks for keeping Cabin all spoilered up, thread.

Just watched Scott Pilgrim vs The World for like the sixth time. Is there a better romance out there for the Millenial generation, period? Beautiful, fast-paced, dense, funny and endlessly inventive, I'd say it stands with the best comic book adaptations ever made. Killer soundtrack, too.

Astaereth on
    ACsTqqK.jpg
  • Options
    SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    Someone should make a Cabin thread.

• Options
    CaedereCaedere S'no regrets BIRDIESRegistered User regular
    My thoughts on Cabin's beginning and also general theming (overall I fucking loved the movie to pieces):

Beginning:
    HOLY SHIT. So! The beginning of the movie was a fucking perfect reference to Funny Games—did anyone else catch that? The almost banal conversation, interrupted with the movie title (in the same color and font as Games's, the same sort of scream... in fact, the whole film shares a lot of similarities. Both deconstruct the horror/slasher genre, borne of the directors' current distate with the state of things. Both films also play heavily with the idea of the audience being complicit in what happens to the characters. Incredible.

General themes:
    I have to say that I didn't expect a Lovecraft-inspired horror plot, either. The Ancient Ones, the necessary sacrifices to appease them... honestly, I thought the controllers were just working in Hell or whatever right up until it was mentioned that the stars were gone. As soon as that happened, I pretty much squealed with glee. I love that the ending is very much in keeping with that theming as well: everything sucks and then all is destroyed.

Amazing, incredible film that works on so many levels. So, so many levels.

FWnykYl.jpg
  • Options
    wanderingwandering Russia state-affiliated media Registered User regular
    My problem with The Big Lebowski is that I want Walter and Maude to die in a fire.

• Options
    HounHoun Registered User regular
    Astaereth wrote: »
    Thanks for keeping Cabin all spoilered up, thread.

Just watched Scott Pilgrim vs The World for like the sixth time. Is there a better romance out there for the Millenial generation, period? Beautiful, fast-paced, dense, funny and endlessly inventive, I'd say it stands with the best comic book adaptations ever made. Killer soundtrack, too.

Look, I liked SPvtW, but knowing that there are people out there that relate to it, like, it's a thing that people experience and happens...

That just makes me sad. Because wtf happened to the world I grew up in? What are you fuckers doing to it?

• Options
    AstaerethAstaereth In the belly of the beastRegistered User regular
    Houn wrote: »
    Because wtf happened to the world I grew up in? What are you fuckers doing to it?

Gamification, mostly. :D

ACsTqqK.jpg
  • Options
    AManFromEarthAManFromEarth Let's get to twerk! The King in the SwampRegistered User regular
    Scott Pilgrim is most definitely NOT the perfect love story for the millennial generation.

As a firm champion of our generation, I'm offended that someone would suggest that it is.

Lh96QHG.png
  • Options
    HounHoun Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Just to be clear, I liked the style and the jokes in SP, but like, every character was a horrible horrible human being and I really feel that they all deserve the terrible things they do to one another, and I cannot give a shit what happens to any of them.

Which is why I am flabbergasted that anyone can relate to it on a "romance story" level.

*edit* Also, I think I have a babysitter for next Friday, so Cabin in the Woods, here I come. :D

Houn on
This discussion has been closed.