As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Chaos] CitOW Game 71 - In doldari's 3rd Old World, who will be able to destroy it?

• Options
    doldaridoldari Registered User regular
    Round 6-1. Old World Phases

Vermin Outbreak
    Place one Skaven token in each of four different regions. - The cost to summon each figure is increased by one. Chaos card effects are immune to this limitation. Each player may roll no more than two battle dice per battle, per region.

game71state71.png

• Options
    Round 6-2. Draw Phases

Tzeentch may choose to discard one card before drawing.

Draw 2, 7 in hand, 9 left in deck, 8 discard
    Draw 2, 3 in hand, 11 left in deck, 10 discard
    Draw 4 or 5, 5 in hand, 0 or 1 left in deck, 18 or 19 discard
    Draw 2, 9 in hand, 11 left in deck, 4 discard
    Draw 2, 6 in hand, 11 left in deck, 7 discard

Things that need to happen:
    1. @Aegis place one Skaven token in each of four different regions.
    2. @Jebu decide whether or not to discard chaos card.
    3. Start summon Phase.

• Options
    blahmcblahblahmcblah You pick your side and you stick - you don't cut and run when things get ugly. Registered User regular
    Damn, there goes my hopes for our first ever Round 7 (and possible Old World Victory).

• Options
    texasheattexasheat Registered User regular
    It's not over yet. But that does mean it'll now be really tricky for korne to take a DAC victory. As if i didn't have enough problems this match....

• Options
    Ok, been thinking and i need a rules clerify here. Does my bloodthirster get summoned to a region with 6+ corruption for 0, or 1. Does the old world trump my upgrade, or does my upgrade trump the old world....

• Options
    DarianDarian Yellow Wizard The PitRegistered User regular
    edited May 2012
    You can summon it for 0 cost, which the OWC then raises to costing 1.

But you already have dice in Kislev, and that's the only region with 6+ corruption (corruption is cleared from ruined regions; we leave the numbers on the board just as a reminder of who won the region).

Darian on
  • Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    texasheat wrote: »
    Estalia: 1 hit

Grumble, mutter mutter, grumble grumble

We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    Skaven tokens in Estalia, Badlands, Kislev, & Norsca please.

Characters
  • Options
    JebuJebu Registered User regular
    No discard.

• Options
    Hey deck, how about you do me a favour and go to hell for my last 4 card draws containing 3 Virulent Outbreaks.

Characters
  • Options
    Also, in the interests of not removing all the fun from this last round, I won't be prematurely ending the game with my first card play even though I really really should because two of you are doody heads and/or can't roll well enough to give me any love :P

Characters
  • Options
    @texasheat, I think we are ready to start the summoning phase.

• Options
    Hey Tzeentch, do you have a Glean or Warp Portal, preferably a Glean? Cause I'm not going to be able to help in Kislev much without something there. If Khorne doesn't play a card in the region I can even provide a 0 cost card to block the first slot for a Glean to fill the second that you can then rewrite over later if you need.

Characters
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    No gleans, but I've got a warp portal. I was planning on using it to send one of your warriors over eventually. My card draw was not the best this turn (I probably should have been counting cards).

Jebu on
  • Options
    Well my advice would be sooner rather than later to prevent Slaanesh from playing cards, namely the defense boosting one which would make our lives harder. That and I don't have many delaying options given the fact that this OWC sucks :(

Characters
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    Round 6-3. Summon Phases

game71state72.png

- Old World Card Effects
    Rousing the Rabble : During the end phase, when Hero tokens are resolved, all Peasant tokens count as additional Heroes (they are still Peasants for all other purposes).
    Vermin Outbreak : The cost to summon each figure is increased by one. Chaos card effects are immune to this limitation. Each player may roll no more than two battle dice per battle, per region.

- Upgrade Effects
    Vengeance - In any region where you are rolling at least one battle die, you may roll one additional battle die
    Bloodthirster - Once per round during the summoning phase, you may summon a Bloodthirster for 0 power into a region that contains six or more corruption tokens once per round
    Bloodsworn - Each Bloodworn counts as two figures toward your domination value of any region that it occupies

Plaguebearers - When a Plaguebearer is killed during the battle phase, place one of your corruption tokens in that region
    Mystical Disregard - Once per round, you may play a Chaos card on top of an opponent's Chaos card, canceling its effect. The card you play must have power equal to or greater than the card you cover
    Daemonettes - When you summon a Daemonette into a region, you may take control of an opponent's Cultist in that region until the end of the turn
    Rat Ogres - Opponents cannot assign hits to Clan Rats until they first assign enough hits to kill all Rat Ogres in the region
    The Under Empire - You treat all regions with Skaven tokens as adjacent regions. When a region is ruined, you may immediately move any number of your figures from that region into one adjacent region

- Chaos Card Effects

@texasheat active.

doldari on
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    Ok, my last one. Rampage in Kislev: 1 hit, slaanesh cultist please
    http://handtracker.heroku.com/games/202/acts/12978
    http://orokos.com/roll/69070

I believe that's right. Old world card limits each battle, not specificly the battle phase, so i rolled 2 dice. If that's wrong i'd be happy to re-roll with more dice.
    6/7 PP

-edit-This is why i wanted to know if the big guy can get summoned for free. As i expect to lose my letter right here. Also, my confusion on it's summoning matter this time still persists. I would think that the cost of the big guy, due to the old world card, would be 4 because the old world card affects first. Then my upgrade allows me to summon him for 0 PP. Regardless of the total cost to summon him. And i'm not arguing or anything like that. I bow to the experience. It just seems wierd that the upgrade says summon it for 0 PP, regardless of any other affects i would think that would apply. But like i said, i submit to the ruling.

texasheat on
  • Options
    Yep, it says battle, not battle phase. DAC for you.

• Options
    Kislev - Rampage: 2d6h4 2
    Kill the bloodletter, waste a hit.

• Options
    I've been doing some math someone correct me if i'm wrong. Nurgle and Tzeentch cannot win. They simply cannot place enough corruption to ruin either of their regions. Just out of shear cost to summon cultist, and needing 15 corruption next round to ruin, i don't think they can place enough corruption to ruin. If they cannot ruin their regions then they cannot win. Please correct me if i'm wrong. We can stop slaanesh, BUT were going to need alot of battle dice to do it. So, i propose that since Nurgle nor Tzeentch can win, they aid me with some high costing battle dice....and aim for the old world to win. If we can stop slaanesh, then the only thing that CAN win is either korne or HR dac victory. Which...well placed cards from Tzeentch could in fact prevent the HR from DACing. and since i'm so focused on getting slaanesh i wont be able to spread out for DAC's either.

tl;dnr...if we work together, we can have an old world victory. and we can all share in the loss. Whose with me!?

• Options
    Yeah, except for the part where you double-tick either this or next turn and you win. Or the rat double-ticks either this or next turn, and he wins. Someone is going to win this, almost certainly. Not even sure how likely that someone is to be me.

• Options
    Darian wrote: »
    Yeah, except for the part where you double-tick either this or next turn and you win. Or the rat double-ticks either this or next turn, and he wins. Someone is going to win this, almost certainly. Not even sure how likely that someone is to be me.

And that's what i'm saying. If we work together, we can stop anyone from winning. We just have to try to match up the HR dac's with the korne dacs....

• Options
    @jakobagger roll a dice in Kislev.

• Options
    jakobaggerjakobagger LO THY DREAD EMPIRE CHAOS IS RESTORED Registered User regular
    Kislev rampage: nothing.

• Options
    edited May 2012
    Round 6-3. Summon Phases

game71state73.png

- Old World Card Effects
    Rousing the Rabble : During the end phase, when Hero tokens are resolved, all Peasant tokens count as additional Heroes (they are still Peasants for all other purposes).
    Vermin Outbreak : The cost to summon each figure is increased by one. Chaos card effects are immune to this limitation. Each player may roll no more than two battle dice per battle, per region.

- Upgrade Effects
    Vengeance - In any region where you are rolling at least one battle die, you may roll one additional battle die
    Bloodthirster - Once per round during the summoning phase, you may summon a Bloodthirster for 0 power into a region that contains six or more corruption tokens once per round
    Bloodsworn - Each Bloodworn counts as two figures toward your domination value of any region that it occupies

Plaguebearers - When a Plaguebearer is killed during the battle phase, place one of your corruption tokens in that region
    Mystical Disregard - Once per round, you may play a Chaos card on top of an opponent's Chaos card, canceling its effect. The card you play must have power equal to or greater than the card you cover
    Daemonettes - When you summon a Daemonette into a region, you may take control of an opponent's Cultist in that region until the end of the turn
    Rat Ogres - Opponents cannot assign hits to Clan Rats until they first assign enough hits to kill all Rat Ogres in the region
    The Under Empire - You treat all regions with Skaven tokens as adjacent regions. When a region is ruined, you may immediately move any number of your figures from that region into one adjacent region

- Chaos Card Effects

@Aegis active.

doldari on
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    Virulent Outbreak to Kislev.

6/6 PP

Aegis on
    Characters
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    Round 6-3. Summon Phases

game71state75.png

- Old World Card Effects

- Upgrade Effects

- Chaos Card Effects

@Jebu active.

doldari on
  • Options
    Convocation to Kislev, covering Virulent Outbreak. Move the Lord of Change and two acolytes from The Empire to Kislev.

5/6 PP

• Options
    Festival of Sinew in Bretonnia
    6/6 PP

• Options
    jakobaggerjakobagger LO THY DREAD EMPIRE CHAOS IS RESTORED Registered User regular
    Doomwheel - 1

In the Badlands

5/6 PP

• Options
    Why bring acolytes? He's just going to steal cultists making it that harder to stop him from outright winning given that we have a theoretical maximum of 8 battle dice against.

Characters
  • Options
    Didn't think of that. Frankly I'm not spending a ton of brainpower on this game at this point since it's impossible for me to win and almost impossible that the old world will win either.

• Options
    Lambs to the TC

acolyte and suductress from kislev, clan rat from norsca

4/7 PP

I played the card at work but for some reason i wasn't able to post here what it was. Now i don't have a link to it....i did play it though...promise.

• Options
    texasheat wrote: »
    Lambs to the TC

I played the card at work but for some reason i wasn't able to post here what it was. Now i don't have a link to it....i did play it though...promise.

Linked for you.

• Options
    edited May 2012
    Round 6-3. Summon Phases

game71state76.png

- Old World Card Effects

- Upgrade Effects

- Chaos Card Effects
    Bretonnia : Festival of Sinew (When an opponent summons a figure to this region, gain one power point)
    The Badlands : Doomwheel (If you dominate this region, score three victory points)

@Aegis active.

doldari on
  • Options
    Choking Stench to Troll Country.

4/6 PP

Not to be rushy or anything, but if I'm going to contribute any battle dice I need that Warp Portal...pretty much now. In the meantime, enjoy 1 less battle dice against.

Characters
  • Options
    Warp Portal to Estalia, discarding Havoc to move a Plaguebearer to Kislev.

5/6 PP

• Options
    edited May 2012
    Festival of Sinew in Troll Country
    6/6 PP

Darian on
  • Options
    Thar be 2 cards in Troll Country already.

Characters
  • Options
    Good point! I guess I'll save that card for later.

Debauchery in the Border Princes
    3/6 PP -> 4/6 PP