As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Chaos] CitOW Game 71 - In doldari's 3rd Old World, who will be able to destroy it?

• Options
    jakobaggerjakobagger LO THY DREAD EMPIRE CHAOS IS RESTORED Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    Empty the Warrens - 0

In Norsca, stealing the skaven token from Troll Country.

5/6 PP

jakobagger on
  • Options
    doldaridoldari Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    Round 6-3. Summon Phases

game71state77.png

- Old World Card Effects
    Rousing the Rabble : During the end phase, when Hero tokens are resolved, all Peasant tokens count as additional Heroes (they are still Peasants for all other purposes).
    Vermin Outbreak : The cost to summon each figure is increased by one. Chaos card effects are immune to this limitation. Each player may roll no more than two battle dice per battle, per region.

- Upgrade Effects
    Vengeance - In any region where you are rolling at least one battle die, you may roll one additional battle die
    Bloodthirster - Once per round during the summoning phase, you may summon a Bloodthirster for 0 power into a region that contains six or more corruption tokens once per round
    Bloodsworn - Each Bloodworn counts as two figures toward your domination value of any region that it occupies

Plaguebearers - When a Plaguebearer is killed during the battle phase, place one of your corruption tokens in that region
    Mystical Disregard - Once per round, you may play a Chaos card on top of an opponent's Chaos card, canceling its effect. The card you play must have power equal to or greater than the card you cover
    Daemonettes - When you summon a Daemonette into a region, you may take control of an opponent's Cultist in that region until the end of the turn
    Rat Ogres - Opponents cannot assign hits to Clan Rats until they first assign enough hits to kill all Rat Ogres in the region
    The Under Empire - You treat all regions with Skaven tokens as adjacent regions. When a region is ruined, you may immediately move any number of your figures from that region into one adjacent region

- Chaos Card Effects
    Troll Country : Choking Stench (During the battle phase, each opponent rolls one fewer battle die for each of your Chaos cards in this region)
    Bretonnia : Festival of Sinew (When an opponent summons a figure to this region, gain one power point)
    The Badlands : Doomwheel (If you dominate this region, score three victory points)

@texasheat active.

doldari on
  • Options
    DarianDarian Yellow Wizard The PitRegistered User regular
    edited May 2012
    It looks as though the board hasn't been updated

Darian on
  • Options
    Darian wrote: »
    It looks as though the board hasn't been updated

Sorry~ mistake.

• Options
    No worries; just wasn't seeing what I expected to.

• Options
    texasheattexasheat Registered User regular
    Bloodletter to Kislev

1/7 PP

• Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    Puppy to Kislev.

0/6 PP

We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • Options
    JebuJebu Registered User regular
    Acolyte from Kislev to The Border Princes.

3/6 PP

• Options
    Seductress to Kislev from Troll Country
    2/6 PP

• Options
    Seductress to Kislev from Troll Country
    2/6 PP

I wanted to hate him SO BAD! So lucky i didn't get that other card slot!

• Options
    edited May 2012
    Round 6-3. Summon Phases

game71state78.png

- Old World Card Effects
    Rousing the Rabble : During the end phase, when Hero tokens are resolved, all Peasant tokens count as additional Heroes (they are still Peasants for all other purposes).
    Vermin Outbreak : The cost to summon each figure is increased by one. Chaos card effects are immune to this limitation. Each player may roll no more than two battle dice per battle, per region.

- Upgrade Effects
    Vengeance - In any region where you are rolling at least one battle die, you may roll one additional battle die
    Bloodthirster - Once per round during the summoning phase, you may summon a Bloodthirster for 0 power into a region that contains six or more corruption tokens once per round
    Bloodsworn - Each Bloodworn counts as two figures toward your domination value of any region that it occupies

Plaguebearers - When a Plaguebearer is killed during the battle phase, place one of your corruption tokens in that region
    Mystical Disregard - Once per round, you may play a Chaos card on top of an opponent's Chaos card, canceling its effect. The card you play must have power equal to or greater than the card you cover
    Daemonettes - When you summon a Daemonette into a region, you may take control of an opponent's Cultist in that region until the end of the turn
    Rat Ogres - Opponents cannot assign hits to Clan Rats until they first assign enough hits to kill all Rat Ogres in the region
    The Under Empire - You treat all regions with Skaven tokens as adjacent regions. When a region is ruined, you may immediately move any number of your figures from that region into one adjacent region

- Chaos Card Effects
    Troll Country : Choking Stench (During the battle phase, each opponent rolls one fewer battle die for each of your Chaos cards in this region)
    Bretonnia : Festival of Sinew (When an opponent summons a figure to this region, gain one power point)
    The Badlands : Doomwheel (If you dominate this region, score three victory points)

Nurgle rest.
    @jakobagger active.

doldari on
  • Options
    jakobaggerjakobagger LO THY DREAD EMPIRE CHAOS IS RESTORED Registered User regular
    Doomwheel - 1

In Norsca

4/6 PP

• Options
    Hmmm i could just rest i guess....Meh, we'll see if anyone wants to help stop the HR from DACing...Skulltaker in Norsca and rest
    http://handtracker.heroku.com/games/202/acts/13076

Skulltaker - 1 - All enemy figures that are killed in this region are placed on this card. These figures count toward your domination value. At the start of the end phase, remove these figures from the board.

• Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    ...The card just above you was played to Norsca with the map showing a card in the slot just above that.

Characters
  • Options
    BAH! Sorry, can't see the board at work, just play that in the border princess? Is that an open slot?

• Options
    Border Princes does indeed have an open slot. A fine choice!

• Options
    Horror to Kislev and rest.

• Options
    All you people summoning lots of dice to Kislev know that you only get to roll two dice there, right?

Seductress to Kislev and rest.

• Options
    Honestly I didn't have anything better to do. My hand's pretty useless at this point.

• Options
    Well, you could have sent that horror to Estalia (try to block Nurgle's domination). You could have summoned it to Bretonnia to try to kill the peasant before it turns all Hero on your acolytes (giving me a single PP which is insufficient to summon anything).
    Sending it into Norsca or the Badlands seems counter-productive; Khorne is likely to get 2 or 3 DACs, so we need someone else (the rat) to match that to have a chance of preventing a dial win if the game gets extended.

• Options
    All you people summoning lots of dice to Kislev know that you only get to roll two dice there, right?

Yes but if I summon a plaguebearer, you get to ruin the region easier and we don't want that, so Puppy it was!

Characters
  • Options
    Neither Nurgle or I can win at this point, so the Estalia and Bretonnia moves seem pointless. All I'm trying to do is block you from winning by points and try to stop Khorne and the HR from winning by dial by making them tie, and since khorne's more likely to double dial this round there's no point in going after the rat. So I put a warrior down because I've got nothing better to do than at least attempt to make it harder for you to dominate Kislev by having an extra figure there.

• Options
    Khorne's not doubling without luck. He's stuck at 1 die in Troll Country which could go either way. He ties the Rat in that case which is honestly the best result for everyone...well until the Rat plays the rest of his PP and gets another domination somewhere.

Characters
  • Options
    Ah, I forgot about how Vermin Outbreak and Choking Stench interact. Nice work Aegis.

• Options
    Aegis wrote: »
    Khorne's not doubling without luck. He's stuck at 1 die in Troll Country which could go either way. He ties the Rat in that case which is honestly the best result for everyone...well until the Rat plays the rest of his PP and gets another domination somewhere.
    This is why i was happy to see Khorne block the other slot in the Princes; prevents the rat from sneaking in there and dominating it.

• Options
    I don't see me double ticking. BUT i do see the HR doing that. Easily...

• Options
    Unless I am missing something, the rat has a 1/8 chance of double-ticking. But if he double-ticks, it means you missed in Kislev, so theres a better chance the game is already over.

• Options
    Really, Rampage kept Khorne's dial ticks competitive this round or it'd be the Rat by far.

Characters
  • Options
    Yes, but heres the thing about a rat double tick. We COULD stop him from ticking at all next round! However tricky. You would be hard pressed to stop korne from taking a tick in the last round of the game.

• Options
    Also true, and he has no Caches to play with lots of PP.

Characters
  • Options
    An interesting point, but extremely difficult in practice with Vermin Outbreak still around.

• Options
    Regardless, this is a very interesting end of game setup. We have 2 king makers if they choose to be. Two potential DAC victories, a potential VP victory, AND an old world win. I'm on the edge of my seat at how this one plays out! I'm curious how this would have played out under different old world card configuration. Hmmm...well i guess that's why i love this game so much.

• Options
    edited May 2012
    @jakobagger -- you're the only one with PP left. Dazzle us with your mad skillz!

I'll even offer you a board update as incentive:
    iyg1g4.png

Darian on
  • Options
    See, this was a much better end than my previous consideration of turn 1 this round of playing Choking Stench to Kislev.

Characters
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    But that would have made you my bestest friend.

edit: And shortly afterwards made Jebu my worstest enemy. Probably better that you didn't.

Darian on
  • Options
    Jebu couldn't have done anything about it. He's out of Transmogrifies while Havoc overwriting Choking Stench is...counterproductive. Those are all of the 2 power cards Tzeentch gets.

Characters
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    Mad skillz? Eh, I think this is the best I got. Really kicking myself for not taking Council of Thirteen.

(M) Screaming Bell - 3

In Bretonnia, for 2 PP

2/6 PP

Clan Rat from Troll Country to Bretonnia

0/6 PP

1/6 PP

jakobagger on
  • Options
    I read that as Estalia and was about to explode. I'm okay now.

Characters
  • Options
    And that is how the rat double ticks. I can ONLY get 2 now.

• Options
    I'm dazzled! Didn't remember that you were adjacent to Bretonnia when I was thinking that through. Hmm.