As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Forming a More Perfect Union

• Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    god

man on fire is such a great movie

it is the best punisher movie to dat

• Options
    KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    BILL O’REILLY STICKS UP FOR TRANSGENDER MISS UNIVERSE CONTESTANT

Conservative Fox News host Bill O’Reilly seemed supportive of a transgender woman’s right to compete in the Miss Universe competition during his show on Friday. During a segment about Miss Universe’s decision to prohibit Jenna Talackova from participating in the pageant because she is trans, O’Reilly asked, “What right does the Miss Universe pageant have to violate this lady’s right to be a woman? They are basically saying because you weren’t born a woman you don’t have a right to be a woman..t doesn’t sound right to me.” The comments represent a significant evolution for O’Reilly, who in 2010 compared transgender people to Ewoks.

broken clock twice a day, etc.

but for real its nice when normally awful people stand up for a decent cause

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    well, damn.

• Options
    unintentionalunintentional smelly Registered User regular

Conservative Fox News host Bill O’Reilly seemed supportive of a transgender woman’s right to compete in the Miss Universe competition during his show on Friday. During a segment about Miss Universe’s decision to prohibit Jenna Talackova from participating in the pageant because she is trans, O’Reilly asked, “What right does the Miss Universe pageant have to violate this lady’s right to be a woman? They are basically saying because you weren’t born a woman you don’t have a right to be a woman..t doesn’t sound right to me.” The comments represent a significant evolution for O’Reilly, who in 2010 compared transgender people to Ewoks.

stopped clock right twice a day but at the same time any awareness raising is good awareness raising i guess?

• Options

so was this his april fool's thing?

• Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular

oh my god what is going on

• Options
    unintentionalunintentional smelly Registered User regular
    high five kwoaru

• Options
    Romanian My EscutcheonRomanian My Escutcheon Two of Forks Registered User regular
    O'Reilly is shit.

That said, good on him for being supportive of Talackova.

[IMG][/img]
  • Options
    mensch-o-maticmensch-o-matic Registered User regular
    PiptheFair wrote: »

so was this his april fool's thing?

i checked and it was posted on the 2nd but I dunno for sure!!

• Options
    WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular

They're trying to stop the whole "fuck ladies" thing the GOP has been doing. Which is why they had/are having Palin on the Today show.

• Options
    edited April 2012
    god

"A last wish, please, please!"

"Last wish? I wish... you had... more time."

Grey Ghost on
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    high five kwoaru
    oDUcn.jpg

Kwoaru on
    2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    god

as he gives a dude a c4 enema and does the ocol guy walking away from an explosion with sunglasses on thing

• Options
    Romanian My EscutcheonRomanian My Escutcheon Two of Forks Registered User regular
    Weaver wrote: »

They're trying to stop the whole "fuck ladies" thing the GOP has been doing. Which is why they had/are having Palin on the Today show.

I would not be surprised if this were the case.

But I'd really like to check my skepticism without being disappointed.

[IMG][/img]
  • Options
  • Options
    god

as he gives a dude a c4 enema and does the ocol guy walking away from an explosion with sunglasses on thing

This is probably my dad's favorite movie of the last 10 years which is saying something because he's not a movie guy generally
    It is so fucking good

• Options
  • Options
    PharezonPharezon Struggle is an illusion. Victory is in the Qun.Registered User regular
    god

This is probably my dad's favorite movie of the last 10 years which is saying something because he's not a movie guy generally
    It is so fucking good

Max Payne 3: Man on Fire: Sao Paolo

jkZziGc.png
  • Options
    Clint EastwoodClint Eastwood My baby's in there someplace She crawled right inRegistered User regular
    man on fire is the bomb diggity

• Options
    Beef AvengerBeef Avenger Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    I remember all the ads for Man on Fire going on about how the girl was kidnapped

but then in the movie its like, nope she's dead! So the dude's just killing people for vengeance which made it way more dark. It was nice to kind of have an anti-spoiler
    and then of course she actually was kidnapped, but whatevs it set the tone for the movie

Beef Avenger on
    Steam ID
    PSN: Robo_Wizard1
  • Options
    Metzger MeisterMetzger Meister It Gets Worse before it gets any better.Registered User regular
    Antimatter wrote: »
    penises are fine so long as there's also breasts

yes hello. take this to be either a fat joke or a joke regarding my horrible degeneracy, your call.

• Options
    ButtlordButtlord Fornicus Lord of Bondage and PainRegistered User regular
    so you know that thing a couple pages back

the guy with the SAVEWHITEPEOPLE sign at the trayvon martin rally

have another picture from that

cYNm9.jpg

• Options
    ButtlordButtlord Fornicus Lord of Bondage and PainRegistered User regular
    man on fire is incredible even though the only scene i remember from the ass-kicking part is when he's got the boss on the phone and a lackey at the end of his gun

and the boss is like

put my man on

"ok here he is"

holds the phone to the dude's ear and then blows his fucking hand off with a shotgun

"see he's alive"

• Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    never seen man on fire

but it sounds like I probably should

• Options
    PharezonPharezon Struggle is an illusion. Victory is in the Qun.Registered User regular
    This is always fun to talk about:

Why Is President Obama Keeping a Journalist in Prison in Yemen?
    On February 2, 2011, President Obama called Yemeni President Ali Abdullah Saleh. The two discussed counterterrorism cooperation and the battle against Al Qaeda in the Arabian Peninsula. At the end of the call, according to a White House read-out, Obama “expressed concern” over the release of a man named Abdulelah Haider Shaye, whom Obama said “had been sentenced to five years in prison for his association with AQAP.” It turned out that Shaye had not yet been released at the time of the call, but Saleh did have a pardon for him prepared and was ready to sign it. It would not have been unusual for the White House to express concern about Yemen’s allowing AQAP suspects to go free. Suspicious prison breaks of Islamist militants in Yemen had been a regular occurrence over the past decade, and Saleh has been known to exploit the threat of terrorism to leverage counterterrorism dollars from the United States. But this case was different. Abdulelah Haider Shaye is not an Islamist militant or an Al Qaeda operative. He is a journalist.

jkZziGc.png
  • Options
    Vaguely LightningproofVaguely Lightningproof Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Figured this was relevant to the earlier US-centric racism discussion maybe sorta.

The Metropolitan Police continues to be a fascinating social experiment in what happens when you give the bottom of the barrel a truncheon and a sense of authority.
    A policeman has been captured on tape allegedly assaulting a young black teenager just hours after a colleague of his was recorded abusing another man with a serious racial slur.

PC Joe Harrington has been placed on restricted duties after he was allegedly seen kicking the 15-year-old to the ground and kneeing him, in the custody area of an east London police station. Part of the incident was recorded on CCTV.

An independent investigation into the alleged assault on the 15-year-old concluded last week and a report, understood to recommend disciplinary action, was submitted to the Metropolitan police on Monday. The force will now consider what action if any to take against Harrington.

Hours earlier, Harrington was present when another officer, PC Alex MacFarlane, was recorded on a mobile phone telling Mauro Demetrio, 21, a black man from Beckton in east London, that "the problem with you is you will always be a n*****". Growing controversy over the two incidents, which occurred shortly after the riots last summer, have triggered urgent reviews by the Crown Prosecution Service into initial legal advice that neither officer should be charged.

The audio recording of the racist abuse caused a public outcry after it was released by the Guardian on Friday. It has unnerved senior officers at Scotland Yard, who are concerned about the fallout for the reputation of a force seeking to show it has recovered from recent controversies.

Bernard Hogan-Howe, the Metropolitan police commissioner, is understood to have told colleagues he was appalled when he listened to the recording.

The recording was made by Demetrio, who alleges he was strangled and racially abused after being arrested and placed in the back of a police van on 11 August – the day after the end of rioting in London last summer.

The mobile phone recording captured one officer saying that he strangled him because he was "a cunt". Moments later, PC MacFarlane abuses Demetrio and adds: "You'll always have black skin colour".

Harrington was not heard making any racist remarks on the recording, but was one of three officers initially investigated over the alleged mistreatment of Demetrio. MacFarlane, who can also be heard telling Demetrio "don't hide behind your black skin", has been suspended.

A CPS lawyer was asked to review the case in January, after an Independent Police Complaints Commission (IPCC) investigation concluded that three officers – MacFarlane, Harrington and one other officer – may have committed criminal offences.

Carl Kelvin, from the CPS police complaints department, initially decided no charges should be brought against any of the police officers.

On Thursday, after being threatened with legal action by Demetrio, the CPS said it would ask a more senior lawyer to reconsider the initial decision, which was partly based on a belief that no alarm or distress was caused by the racist abuse.

Demetrio has spoken about how the racist abuse he suffered has left him feeling traumatised. Shortly after being driven to Forest Gate police station, he told police in the custody suite that he had been abused by police officers and urged them to listen to his mobile phone.

It was while he in the custody area that Demetrio witnessed Harrington allegedly assault the 15-year-old, who was handcuffed. Demetrio told investigators he saw Harrington kick the young teenager in the back of the leg and, once he was on the floor, knee him in the back.

He said the alleged assault made an "echoing" sound and the teenager cried out: "I am on the floor now – you can't do anything to me. I am handcuffed and I am on the floor."

Demetrio said that medical staff were called to the scene after the teenager, whose identity is not known, began making "strange" breathing noises for several minutes.

After Demetrio reported what he had seen, a separate IPCC investigation was launched into the case of the 15-year-old and CCTV of the incident was obtained – although the quality of the footage has been described as poor.

At an early stage of the investigation, IPCC investigators sought advice from the CPS to establish whether Harrington had committed a criminal offence.

"The CPS advised that on this occasion there was not a realistic prospect of a conviction in relation to the criminal offence of common assault," said IPCC Commissioner Mike Franklin.

The CPS lawyer who gave that advice was the same lawyer whose decision not to bring charges against officers recorded racially abusing Demetrio is now under review.

"This is clearly an important matter and I have this evening directed that urgent inquiries be made about any advice that may have been given," said Grace Ononiwu, deputy chief crown prosecutor for CPS London. "Once the full facts are known I intend to issue a further statement."

Keith Vaz MP, chair of the Commons home affairs select committee, wrote to the director of public prosecutions on Monday asking for detailed information about the decision-making process in the Demetrio case.

"You have on a number of occasions made it very clear that the CPS would act swiftly to resolve cases when it is in the public interest to do so," Vaz wrote to Keir Starmer. "I consider that this is such a case."

Emphasis mine.

PS.

Vaguely Lightningproof on
  • Options
    Crimson KingCrimson King Registered User regular
    do the police just straight up have a policy that anything they do is automatically not a crime

they fucking do, don't they

• Options
    FyndirFyndir Registered User regular
    To be fair, the police section did think it was a crime, which is why they passed it on to the CPS.

It was the CPS who went "Nah, the police are cool, lol"

• Options

My mom (in Texas) just blew the fuck up at me about this. She went total right wing CAPITAL LETTERS for random WORDS and liberals liberal LIBERALS at me.

So, never talking to my mom again.

• Options
    My parents. Moved right next to the south Texas border.

"BLARGHLBLARGLHAEGR FUCKING MEXICANS!!!!!11!!"

• Options
    UbikUbik oh pete, that's later. maybe we'll be dead by then Registered User regular
    as far as i know from my 3 years of law school, "legislative privilege" isn't a thing

l8e1peic77w3.jpg

• Options
    Weaver, how would the mexicans know nobody wants them if your parents weren't there to tell them?

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    A guy seriously said "You'll always have black skin colour"? Good grief, that is an awkward sentence. I can hardly imagine how a person constructs a sentence like that.

• Options
    HunteraHuntera Rude Boy Registered User regular
    Langly wrote: »
    It means you forgive them, but remember to stick it to them later

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bbIlLmCID5g

I really wanna see Taken.

• Options
    FandyienFandyien But Otto, what about us? Registered User regular
    didn't bill o'reilly say some stuff to another regressive asshole on his show semi-recently

fuck, i wish i could remember what it was about, but it was actually heartening and as it turns out bill o'reilly is one of the least reprehensible republicans around now and that is stunning

reposig.jpg
  • Options
    A guy seriously said "You'll always have black skin colour"? Good grief, that is an awkward sentence. I can hardly imagine how a person constructs a sentence like that.

american police tend to have a sorta weird vernacular

and by 'weird' i mean 'what you'd expect a brain damaged robot to sound like'

reposig.jpg
  • Options
    LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    I remember what you're talking about, just a second, think I can find it.

• Options
    LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    oh yeah ok he defended Ellen, but it was because it was a free market thing, rather than a pro-gay thing (which is fine, I guess)

• Options
    edited April 2012
    Langly wrote: »
    oh yeah ok he defended Ellen, but it was because it was a free market thing, rather than a pro-gay thing (which is fine, I guess)

yeah it's not my favorite argument against people hatin' on ellen degeneres

but it's better then closing your eyes and shouting faggot

isn't it great how far the right wing has come? we're all stoked when they're anything but absolutely mind blowingly gross

Fandyien on
    reposig.jpg
  • Options
    HunterHunter Chemist with a heart of Au Registered User regular

oh my god what is going on

Up is down, black is white, human sacrifice, dogs and cats living together... mass hysteria!

This discussion has been closed.