As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[STEAM] Thread 3 - Rise of the Classy Crabs

• Options
    anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Bedlam wrote: »
    Ruiner999 wrote: »
    Many thanks to @Big Isy for his gift of Sniper Elite. Now I have to shoot stupid nazis all up in the face from really far away.
    You put quotes when a person has a space or a weird charecter in their name.

Like @Big Isy

I've always wondered that too. Thanks.

anoffday on
    Steam: offday
  • Options
    TaminTamin Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Iolo wrote: »
    Ashe wrote: »
    Maddoc wrote: »
    This is going to sound weird

But listening to Harvest explain a good party comp in Avernum makes me crave it much more now

Had exactly the same effect on me!

Weird? That's the natural order of the Steam thread.

@Harvest, stop making me crave a ninety hour game!

ninety hour? I don't have the time for that!

edit: wow, that's a nice exchange rate: 9 hours per dollar. I will have to look into this, I think

Tamin on
  • Options
    harvestharvest By birthright, a stupendous badass.Registered User regular
    You're doomed Iolo. Just give in.

B6yM5w2.gif
  • Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    Ok so in order to stop myself from buying Avernum, I think I'll start up Avadon after work.

• Options
    Lord_SnotLord_Snot Живу за выходные American ValhallaRegistered User regular
    Hmm, Avernum does look neat, but yeah, I've got too many games on my plate right now.

Must resist...

• Options
    XaviarXaviar Registered User regular
    So. Just played through the (short) entirety of Digital: A Love Story.
    I would have payed money for that.
    Analogue bought.

• Options
    BornToHulaBornToHula Registered User regular
    Bedlam wrote: »
    Ruiner999 wrote: »
    Many thanks to @Big Isy for his gift of Sniper Elite. Now I have to shoot stupid nazis all up in the face from really far away.
    You put quotes when a person has a space or a weird charecter in their name.

Like @Big Isy

Didn't know that, thanks for the pointer.

Many thanks to @Aerynkelly who surprised me this morning with a copy of Fable: The Lost Chapters.

I didn't want to do anything like music for a while anyways.

steam_sig.png

Origin is the exact same as my Steam, in case you're needing a Support or Assault in BF3.
  • Options
    Big ClassyBig Classy Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Xaviar wrote: »
    Analogue bought.

I really don't need to hear this :(

My only purchase for a while is Gonna be Sniper Elite V2 and even that takes convincing. This is not including purchases for others, naturally.

Big Classy on
  • Options
    HiT BiTHiT BiT 🍒 Fresh, straight from Pac-man's Registered User regular
    This is going to sound weird. But listening to Harvest explain a good party comp in Avernum makes me crave it much more now
    ninety hour? I don't have the time for that! edit: wow, that's a nice exchange rate: 9 hours per dollar. I will have to look into this, I think
    Ok so in order to stop myself from buying Avernum, I think I'll start up Avadon after work.
    Hmm, Avernum does look neat, but yeah, I've got too many games on my plate right now. Must resist...

vXOtS.jpg

• Options
    CorpekataCorpekata Registered User regular
    Snagged from the game deal thread, Deus Ex HR and Dungeon Siege 3 are both super cheap at Amazon (7.00/5.00) right now. Steamworks. http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.html/?ie=UTF8&tag=tgk07-20&linkCode=ur2&docId=1000716161&camp=1789&creative=390957

• Options
    aerynkellyaerynkelly nothing to see here, move along Registered User regular
    HiT BiT wrote: »
    This is going to sound weird. But listening to Harvest explain a good party comp in Avernum makes me crave it much more now
    ninety hour? I don't have the time for that! edit: wow, that's a nice exchange rate: 9 hours per dollar. I will have to look into this, I think
    Hmm, Avernum does look neat, but yeah, I've got too many games on my plate right now. Must resist...

vXOtS.jpg

+1

fss_overall.png
  • Options
    AsheAshe Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    UFO: Afterlight is the daily for mega-cheap. Actually quite tempting!

Also, HiT BiT strikes again. Love it, as usual!

Ashe on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    XaviarXaviar Registered User regular
    Big Isy wrote: »
    Analogue bought.

My only purchase for a while is Gonna be Sniper Elite V2 and even that takes convincing. This is not including purchases for others, naturally.

It is definitely not for everybody. In fact, I'd say it's not for most. But it really pushes the right buttons for me. Go download an try digital before you spend any dollars.

• Options
    KandenKanden Registered User regular
    How does UFO Afterlife play? From the screens on the store page it looks sorta like a RTS.

• Options
    heenatoheenato Alice Leywind Registered User regular
    Kanden wrote: »
    How does UFO Afterlife play? From the screens on the store page it looks sorta like a RTS.
    I believe they play rather similarly to the X-com games, so turn based, actually.

M A G I K A Z A M
  • Options
    The UFO series is actually real time based rather than turn based. However it is more in line with a game system like say Baldur's Gate rather than most RTS, with emphasis on pausing to issue orders, and even has set conditions you can enable to autopause the game like that RPG series.

• Options
    anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
    Corpekata wrote: »
    Snagged from the game deal thread, Deus Ex HR and Dungeon Siege 3 are both super cheap at Amazon (7.00/5.00) right now. Steamworks. http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.html/?ie=UTF8&tag=tgk07-20&linkCode=ur2&docId=1000716161&camp=1789&creative=390957

Is Dungeon Siege 3 worth it? When they had that pack on steam for sale, I heard everyone was just buying it for the other 2.

Steam: offday
  • Options
    anoffday wrote: »

Is Dungeon Siege 3 worth it? When they had that pack on steam for sale, I heard everyone was just buying it for the other 2.

Haven't had a chance to pay it yet. I believe Chocobolicious was one of the biggest proponents in this thread in favor of it.

• Options
    DocshiftyDocshifty Registered User regular
    Big Isy wrote: »
    Analogue bought.

What's that? Sniper Elite? This game is way too much fun.

• Options
    captainkcaptaink TexasRegistered User regular

Haven't had a chance to pay it yet. I believe Chocobolicious was one of the biggest proponents in this thread in favor of it.

I didn't really like DS3, but $7 isn't a bad price for it.

• Options
    VeganVegan Registered User regular
    That crab wizard looks frighteningly real.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    bloodatonementbloodatonement Registered User regular
    I recommend paying the extra $1 to get augmented edition of DX.

Zdy0pmg.jpg
    Steam ID: Good Life
  • Options
    Just when I think one of Hitbit's images cant get better, he one-ups himself. Crab gandalf is amazing.

M A G I K A Z A M
  • Options

vXOtS.jpg

Is it possible to be :D and D: at the same time?

• Options
    BornToHulaBornToHula Registered User regular
    Yes, of course it is

steam_sig.png

Origin is the exact same as my Steam, in case you're needing a Support or Assault in BF3.
  • Options
    HiT BiTHiT BiT 🍒 Fresh, straight from Pac-man's Registered User regular
    Lord_Snot wrote: »
    Yes, indeed.
    2IYYy.gif

• Options
    Banzai5150Banzai5150 Registered User regular
    Yes, indeed.
    2IYYy.gif

Death by Snoo Snoo

50433.png?1708759015
  • Options
    SumanaiSumanai muh PTRegistered User regular
    Back from the weekend! A little over an hour left on these, last chance. :)
    Sumanai wrote: »
    signature.png
    signature.png
    signature.png
    signature.png

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    Okay, San Andreas is finished.

So...that's two games finished since the Christmas sale. And we're over halfway to the summer sale. D:

• Options
    VikingViking Registered User regular
    captaink wrote: »

I didn't really like DS3, but $7 isn't a bad price for it.
    Counterpoint I really did like DS3.
    I paid full price when it first came out and do not regret that decision.

however. It is less like Diablo than the previous 2 Dungeon Siege titles, and more like Baldurs Gate:Dark Alliance or Marvel Ultimate Alliance.
    Certainly more action with the RPG elements being very light. Which is not a bad thing in itself, just different from what most were expecting.

The only two things I think really hurt it as a game is the limited replay value and the tacked on multiplayer.

steam_sig.png
    Bravely Default / 3DS Friend Code = 3394-3571-1609
  • Options
    PharezonPharezon Struggle is an illusion. Victory is in the Qun.Registered User regular
    Okay, San Andreas is finished.

So...that's two games finished since the Christmas sale. And we're over halfway to the summer sale. D:

Out of curiosity, did you play with a controller or m/kb? I'm waiting till I get a controller to play through that.

jkZziGc.png
  • Options
    JeixJeix Registered User regular

Just saw that posted on another site, guess I was too slow to be the first to mention it here. Crazy good deal.

• Options
    KBAM. It doesn't recognize analogue triggers or sticks, so I couldn't use my 360 pad.

• Options
    Magus`Magus` The fun has been DOUBLED! Registered User regular
    Man FUCK trying to beat Cry of Fear in Nightmare Mode. If it was just the mechanics (can only save 5 times, stuff is tougher) it wouldn't be so bad (especially with the Camera + Super Weapon Of Choice). But the game fucking crashes every 15-30 minutes for no given reason.

I've run the same area six times through no fault of my own and I'm just done for now. If I have to collect fuses one more time I'm gonna choke someone.

• Options
    Magus` wrote: »
    Man FUCK trying to beat Cry of Fear in Nightmare Mode. If it was just the mechanics (can only save 5 times, stuff is tougher) it wouldn't be so bad (especially with the Camera + Super Weapon Of Choice). But the game fucking crashes every 15-30 minutes for no given reason.

I've run the same area six times through no fault of my own and I'm just done for now. If I have to collect fuses one more time I'm gonna choke someone.
    And this, my friends, is why limited saves is an antiquated game mechanic that should not be used.

M A G I K A Z A M
  • Options
    SumanaiSumanai muh PTRegistered User regular
    edited April 2012
    And time for loot! :D

Grats to @Drovek for winning Minecraft.
    @Tofystedeth will get double the fun because he just won Sworcery and Lucid.
    And looks like karma just got @aerynkelly Faerie Solitaire.

I'll be sending the games shortly or when I catch you online. And thanks all for the kind birthday wishes. :)

Last but definitely not least a big thank you to the ever so classy @DaringDirk for some old-school RPG'ing in the form of Legend of Grimrock.

Sumanai on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    Magus`Magus` The fun has been DOUBLED! Registered User regular
    Like I understand the rationale behind that and the fairly limited inventory space and honestly it's not that bad.. assuming the game works as intended. Just imagine trying to unlock that one weapon in RE2 that requires you to beat the game without saving at all when, in the span of the 2 hours or however long RE2 took to beat, you had a 15% chance it would crash every time you opened a door.

I mean, I respect them for making the game and yes, apparently a lot of the issues are HL issues and not Cry of Fear issues, but man.. just sucks things are so much harder than they need to be.

Also whoever thought that having the first boss have something around 10-15x the health he did in Normal on Nightmare difficulty can go suck a dick. Seriously, the fight ceases being scary when you've been at it for 10 goddamn minutes.

• Options
    TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    edited April 2012

I'll be sending the games shortly or when I catch you online. And thanks all for the kind birthday wishes. :)

Last but definitely not least a big thank you to the ever so classy @DaringDirk for some old-school RPG'ing in the form of Legend of Grimrock.
    haha, holy shit. I'd forgotten I'd even entered those. And you have no idea how many Lucid giveaways I've entered on Steamgifts. :)
    Happy birthday classy bendy liney thing!

Tofystedeth on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    starmanbrandstarmanbrand Registered User regular
    So I beat Torchlight today. Not quite sure how they balance it. I kicked 100% ass through most of the game, but then the last 5 levels were just constant chugging of pots. I was thinking I should replay on a harder difficulty, but I'm not sure how I would survive those last few levels without totally cheesing. I also was a little bummed that it seemed like loot wasn't really that important.

I would find one good item and it would last me 10 levels easy, to the point where picking up anything that wasnt yellow was pointless.

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    aerynkellyaerynkelly nothing to see here, move along Registered User regular

Thanks to the classy birthday crab for Faerie Solitaire :)

fss_overall.png
This discussion has been closed.