As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Died During [chat] Creation

1676869707173»

• Options
    Solomaxwell6Solomaxwell6 Registered User regular
    I saw 21 Jump Street on a date the other day. The couple to my date's side shouted at the screen the entire time. The couple to my side brought a bottle of Jack and were getting progressively drunker and drunker. Towards the end, the girl was laying on the guy's lap and mumbling stuff. I couldn't understand most of it, but I did pick up "I love you, I love [other person's name], I love [third person's name]" and something about some whore.

• Options
    Dunadan019Dunadan019 Registered User regular
    Thanatos wrote: »
    Dunadan019 wrote: »
    Mim wrote: »
    Dunadan019 wrote: »
    Mim wrote: »
    Variable wrote: »
    I hate almost any out loud reaction to movies

laughter at a comedy in a big group I accept because I have to, I'd still rather dead silence

I"M TRYING TO HAVE FEELINGS HERE

I've yelled out a few times during movies but when I was much, much younger. I don't do that now though. Like during the disturbing parts of "The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo", I just sunk in my seat mouthing "oh my god, oh my god, oh my god" over and over again until it was over.

which "the girl with the dragon tatoo"? english or swedish?

English. I dragged my sister and two of her guy friends. One of them fell asleep and the other I almost punched in the face because he kept checking his phone.

I watched Act of Valor while some 50 year old woman held a cell phone with a blinking light right at me (albeit unintentionally) for half of it.

I was not happy.
    I don't understand why people don't say something when shit like this is happening.

I did!

eventually.

• Options
    RiemannLivesRiemannLives Registered User regular
    fuck I swear if anyone actually used "cool story bro" in person I would fucking punch the asshole.

Attacked by tweeeeeeees!
  • Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    okay i think fried foods might be just

off the menu completely

i just threw up and pooped at the same time and it was awful

in general I'd agree

given this specific situation I heartily agree

BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    hmmm

• Options
    Solomaxwell6Solomaxwell6 Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    fuck I swear if anyone actually used "cool story bro" in person I would fucking punch the asshole.

What if it actually was a legitimately cool story?

Solomaxwell6 on
  • Options
    MimMim I prefer my lovers… dead.Registered User regular

in general?

• Options

Would if it actually was a legitimately cool story?

I suppose it could be possible to stumble upon that particular phrase by accident. But as used these days it is a totally assholish, rude and dismissive thing to say.

Attacked by tweeeeeeees!
  • Options
    KageraKagera Imitating the worst people. Since 2004Registered User regular

Cool story bro

My neck, my back, my FUPA and my crack.
  • Options
    RonaldoTheGypsyRonaldoTheGypsy Yes, yes Registered User regular
    People who suggest that it'd be irresponsible to let a dog you trust and have raised and love play with a baby because it might hurt the baby make me extremely sad. They are programmed to believe that dogs, by their very nature, are unpredictable and dangerous and how could you put a child in harm's way.

I've seen big, strong dogs around babies and I have seen them not for a single moment even give the hint of anything that might be behavior that would even be tangentially dangerous to the child. Dogs were bred for hundreds of years to be protectors and I grew up around dogs and have seen children around dogs very recently so when others suggest that it's dangerous or irresponsible or 'bad parenting' makes me ... sad.

People who think that because their dog is safe around it's family and the people it is used to that it is safe in general make me sad. And pissed the fuck off. And, more than once, attacked by dogs of the people who would rent beachhouses in the town I grew up in.

Hell, when I was 5 or so I was mauled by a neighbors dog I was petting. Had to get stiched on my neck.

Dogs were bred for all kinds of purposes and often no purpose at all. By no means is "protector" even the most common purpose (more than one breed were bred specificially as a food source. they were a staple in mezoamerica). Even those bred as a "protectors" have a strong sense of the people they know and "protect" vs. those they are protecting against.

Cool story, bro. I was talking about people letting their children play with their dogs, which has not caused any anecdotal harm for neither myself nor anybody I know who has done such things. But maybe boxers are just more gentle than whatever breed you ran into.

Black lab.

Also fuck you and your backpedaling semi-dismissive bullshit.

You were spewing a load of blatently untrue bullshit in addition to the more specific claim.

Backpedaling? Fuck me?

What the hell is wrong with you?

• Options
    poshnialloposhniallo Registered User regular
    People who suggest that it'd be irresponsible to let a dog you trust and have raised and love play with a baby because it might hurt the baby make me extremely sad. They are programmed to believe that dogs, by their very nature, are unpredictable and dangerous and how could you put a child in harm's way.

I've seen big, strong dogs around babies and I have seen them not for a single moment even give the hint of anything that might be behavior that would even be tangentially dangerous to the child. Dogs were bred for hundreds of years to be protectors and I grew up around dogs and have seen children around dogs very recently so when others suggest that it's dangerous or irresponsible or 'bad parenting' makes me ... sad.

People who think that because their dog is safe around it's family and the people it is used to that it is safe in general make me sad. And pissed the fuck off. And, more than once, attacked by dogs of the people who would rent beachhouses in the town I grew up in.

Hell, when I was 5 or so I was mauled by a neighbors dog I was petting. Had to get stiched on my neck.

Dogs were bred for all kinds of purposes and often no purpose at all. By no means is "protector" even the most common purpose (more than one breed were bred specificially as a food source. they were a staple in mezoamerica). Even those bred as a "protectors" have a strong sense of the people they know and "protect" vs. those they are protecting against.

Cool story, bro. I was talking about people letting their children play with their dogs, which has not caused any anecdotal harm for neither myself nor anybody I know who has done such things. But maybe boxers are just more gentle than whatever breed you ran into.

Riemann: 'I got stitches as a 5-year-old'

Terrible person: 'Cool story, bro.'

What the hell is wrong with you?

I figure I could take a bear.
  • Options
    matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    Spawned in a heli on Kharg Island in BF3.

Lift off, clear the ridge, I'm immediately locked and shot down by a mobile AA camping the heli spawn.

I type in chat, "Next time I'm bringing a tank."

Get in a tank, chase the guy down, blow up the AA.

See another tank, chase him down, blow him up too.

See two helicopters in the distance, figure "What the heck I'll never hit it anyway", fire a round.

Boom, one heli kill.

D:

Second one pulls back after seeing the first destroyed, right into my line of fire.

Boom, two heli kills.

D:

nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    this World of Warplanes thing (by the World of Tanks people. I bet it's a short design doc) looks kind of neat.

http://na.worldofwarplanes.com/

the article I read by someone who played it recently only mentioned using keyboard and mouse for control though. If it has a joystick option definetly going to give it a try.

edit: it does indeed have joystick support

RiemannLives on
    Attacked by tweeeeeeees!
  • Options
    AManFromEarthAManFromEarth Let's get to twerk! The King in the SwampRegistered User regular
    Hahaha, screw you, you Yankee bastards.

Great opening day for the Rays.

Lh96QHG.png
  • Options
    fffdfff

• Options
    Caveman PawsCaveman Paws Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    this World of Warplanes thing (by the World of Tanks people. I bet it's a short design doc) looks kind of neat.

the article I read by someone who played it recently only mentioned using keyboard and mouse for control though. If it has a joystick option definetly going to give it a try.

So, is that just war planes from WW2 - cold war era? Looks very tempting.

Caveman Paws on
  • Options
    matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular

The Cubs lost on opening day at Wrigley.

Because of a walk-forced run.

Gonna be a great year!

nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular

Gonna be a great year!

Cardinals kicked the crap out the Brewers and the Rocks beat the Astros. Not a bad day for me.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options

So, is that just war planes from WW1 - cold war era? Looks very tempting.

yeah. If World of Tanks is anything to go by it's a kind of mishmash approach. EG: you have tanks / planes / whatever from any nation fighting a random collection of others.

It does matchmaking by level not like England vs. Germany or whatever.

So in theory the matches are fairly balanced even if they make no sense :)

Attacked by tweeeeeeees!
  • Options
    RonaldoTheGypsyRonaldoTheGypsy Yes, yes Registered User regular
    Indians lost their opening game, but ...

That's hardly a surprise.

• Options
    i've been systematically thwarted!

• Options
    Mazzyx wrote: »

Gonna be a great year!

Cardinals kicked the crap out the Brewers and the Rocks beat the Astros. Not a bad day for me.

Nolan Ryan beat Robbie Ventura today, again, so it wasn't all bad.

nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    BethrynBethryn Unhappiness is Mandatory Registered User regular
    Huh, turns out the girl who plays Arya Stark has a brother who does the dancing college in my city. Kinda strange seeing recognisable areas on YouTube.

...and of course, as always, Kill Hitler.
  • Options
  • Options
    BethrynBethryn Unhappiness is Mandatory Registered User regular
    No, they're reasonable people who know that a dog can accidentally do a lot of damage.

I frequently rough and tumble with our dog, and it works because both the dog and I know each others' limits fairly well. But with a young child - especially a baby - playing with a dog, you can never be totally sure that the dog (or indeed the child) won't do something entirely accidental. Claws are sharp and dogs often forget that they have them when they're playing; a friendly paw to the face could easily damage an eye. On the other end of the spectrum, children are more likely to do silly stuff like pull really hard on a dog's tail, or keeping hitting it with a stick (not hard, but I've seen kids with a small cane-like stick just chasing dogs trying to hit them with it). Even a friendly dog is going to eventually say 'enough is enough', and a small amount of force is enough to do a lot of damage to a kid.

So no, it's not "DOGS ARE DANGEROUS OMG H8" it's recognising that both dogs and children are easily damaged and taking appropriate precautions.

...and of course, as always, Kill Hitler.
  • Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    I say cool story bro all the time to my friends. :D

• Options
    AManFromEarthAManFromEarth Let's get to twerk! The King in the SwampRegistered User regular
    Bethryn wrote: »
    No, they're reasonable people who know that a dog can accidentally do a lot of damage.

I frequently rough and tumble with our dog, and it works because both the dog and I know each others' limits fairly well. But with a young child - especially a baby - playing with a dog, you can never be totally sure that the dog (or indeed the child) won't do something entirely accidental. Claws are sharp and dogs often forget that they have them when they're playing; a friendly paw to the face could easily damage an eye. On the other end of the spectrum, children are more likely to do silly stuff like pull really hard on a dog's tail, or keeping hitting it with a stick (not hard, but I've seen kids with a small cane-like stick just chasing dogs trying to hit them with it). Even a friendly dog is going to eventually say 'enough is enough', and a small amount of force is enough to do a lot of damage to a kid.

So no, it's not "DOGS ARE DANGEROUS OMG H8" it's recognising that both dogs and children are easily damaged and taking appropriate precautions.

My last dog, the most loveable thing on the planet, once murdered a bunch of kittens because it thought it was just playing.

You can't trust dogs. They're beautiful, amazing animals, but you can't trust them like that. Ever.

Lh96QHG.png
  • Options
    MentalExerciseMentalExercise Indefenestrable Registered User regular

A lot of people don't understand dogs one bit. So there are incidents where a dog is bothered, but does nothing since alpha (master) is nearby.

Then gets annoyed and raises hackles a bit but does nothing because alpha is nearby.

Then tenses and readies because they're pissed, but doesn't act yet because alpha is nearby.

Then gets pissed and bites (other dog or person).

And the owner goes, "Oh my God, he was always so nice and gentle!"

And people become paranoid about the unpredictable behavior of dogs.

"More fish for Kunta!"

--LeVar Burton
  • Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular

both of our starters sucked though, that's my takeaway from the game

4-0 lead after an inning from the rays and they couldn't hold it for even 2 innings. rivera just blew today.

BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    Huh, Thomas Kinkade died. His art will be worth dozens of dollars now.

nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    Dogs and children should be constantly supervised when together. Dogs have pretty strong body language so you should be able to end it before it gets to the point where they bite. But this requires knowing your dog and its body language. Training it with stop words and teaching it to come, sit and stay at command to calm down the situation. Also they should been socialized when puppies with lots of other dogs and people in a supervised setting.

A lot of dogs is doing your best to get them to recognize others not so much as threat. Some dogs it is harder than others and they are very protective of their people. But when I listen to my mom who grew up around tons of dogs there has been a shift in how people interact with them and train them which isn't for the better. At least when it comes to socializing the animal.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    Huh, Thomas Kinkade died. His art will be worth dozens of dollars now.
    We just need to get the government to pay for his work so they can burn all those paintings of houses that look like they are on fire.

• Options
    _J__J_ Pedant Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    My frisbees fly like majestic....frisbees.

• Options
    Variable wrote: »

both of our starters sucked though, that's my takeaway from the game

4-0 lead after an inning from the rays and they couldn't hold it for even 2 innings. rivera just blew today.

Fair 'nuff. Still feeling good though.

Gonna be a great season.

I tell ya, I've been a Rays fan since they were first made a team and I got my little Devil Rays booklet from the pizza hut book it campaign, and it is great that they don't suck anymore.

Lh96QHG.png
  • Options
    _J_ wrote: »
    My frisbees fly like majestic....frisbees.

The snozzberries taste like... snozzberries.

nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    _J__J_ Pedant Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Just got an e-mail from a student saying she is preggers, going to pop soon, and so will need to take an incomplete for the class.

Kinda pisses me off.

• Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    @matt has a problem, make thread.

262008786_p2Qdc-X2-2.jpg

smCQ5WE.jpg
This discussion has been closed.