Dunadan019Dunadan019 Registered User regular
    you know what movie I really loved?

Black Swan.

• Options
    MimMim I prefer my lovers… dead.Registered User regular
    Dunadan019 wrote: »

Black Swan.

It was okay. It mostly freaked me out and I was sad I didn't see more of Mila Kunis being all lesbian-y.

Though you just gave me another idea for a photo for my project.

• Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    Mim wrote: »
    Mazzyx wrote: »
    I was at a talk hearing about birth control. Hormonal birth control is really kind of neat on how it works. Still the IUD(mirena) that we use here in the states is really cool. The fact it combines the old iud idea with hormones and basically stops menstruation is really neat.

I want this Mirena thing. I hate having to wear regular women's undies instead of my boxer briefs because of Aunt Flo

Depo shots also reduce or end periods in up to 70% of women.

I know that family history pretty much has jack squat with how a person deals with birth control, but my mom told me her experiences with the Depo and it made me go "yeeeaaah, no"

It can have some nasty side effects on some. But it is still a super popular birth control in a lot of countries. Mostly because it doesn't really leave any signs of being birth control. Like their are strings for IUDs. One of the longest running studies on birth control and family planning in a community uses depo shots most of the time.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular

Black Swan.

yeah I loved it as well

BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    Regina FongRegina Fong Allons-y, Alonso Registered User regular
    Black Swan was one of those films where I'm glad I saw it, but would not watch it again.

• Options

Black Swan.

It was okay. It mostly freaked me out and I was sad I didn't see more of Mila Kunis being all lesbian-y.

I don't know, It just kinda stuck with me.

a lot of movies don't but this one did.

• Options
    Black Swan was one of those films where I'm glad I saw it, but would not watch it again.

aranofsky is probably the king of this

• Options
    edited April 2012

Black Swan.

I don't know, It just kinda stuck with me.

a lot of movies don't but this one did.

Yeah, there was a lot about it I liked and stuck with me. I think it was because my sister's friend was with us and she screamed during the movie so it kind of pulled me out of it.

The actual play part was really cool to me (as a person who knows next to nothing about ballet)

Mim on
  • Options
    I hate almost any out loud reaction to movies

laughter at a comedy in a big group I accept because I have to, I'd still rather dead silence

I"M TRYING TO HAVE FEELINGS HERE

• Options
    Woo! Rocks win the first game of the year! Even if it was the Astros. So many men left on base...its going to be a long year.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    Variable wrote: »

laughter at a comedy in a big group I accept because I have to, I'd still rather dead silence

I honestly never laugh even if I find something funny unless someone else is around.

• Options

I've yelled out a few times during movies but when I was much, much younger. I don't do that now though. Like during the disturbing parts of "The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo", I just sunk in my seat mouthing "oh my god, oh my god, oh my god" over and over again until it was over.

• Options

I've yelled out a few times during movies but when I was much, much younger. I don't do that now though. Like during the disturbing parts of "The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo", I just sunk in my seat mouthing "oh my god, oh my god, oh my god" over and over again until it was over.

which "the girl with the dragon tatoo"? english or swedish?

• Options

English. I dragged my sister and two of her guy friends. One of them fell asleep and the other I almost punched in the face because he kept checking his phone.

• Options

I honestly never laugh even if I find something funny unless someone else is around.

same

• Options
    edited April 2012
    I laugh sometimes during inappropriate things and other times I find something funny but I sit there like this even when it's meant to be funny: o_o

people find this disturbing

Mim on
  • Options
    I tend to giggle even when I am alone.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options

English. I dragged my sister and two of her guy friends. One of them fell asleep and the other I almost punched in the face because he kept checking his phone.

I watched Act of Valor while some 50 year old woman held a cell phone with a blinking light right at me (albeit unintentionally) for half of it.

I was not happy.

• Options

I watched Act of Valor while some 50 year old woman held a cell phone with a blinking light right at me (albeit unintentionally) for half of it.

I was not happy.

One day I will grow the balls to report people to a movie attendant and get those fucks kicked out.

• Options

I was not happy.

Wait people watched that movie and not as punishment?

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options

same

I also hate clapping

before and after movies.

• Options

I was not happy.

Wait people watched that movie and not as punishment?

belive it or not, it is accurate.

• Options

same

I also hate clapping

before and after movies.

who claps before a movie?

I like clapping after really intense scenes.

• Options

I was not happy.

One day I will grow the balls to report people to a movie attendant and get those fucks kicked out.

yeah, I've never went to a movie that had an active 'attendant' so most of the policing is by the people watching at the time.

• Options
    I have cheered for previews. Also at the end of great movies on opening night like Lord of the Rings.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options

aranofsky is probably the king of this

I just looked up aranofsky and I could belive that.

The fountain was decent even if its message was a little bit ehh

and who can hate requiem?

• Options

same

I also hate clapping

before and after movies.

who claps before a movie?

I like clapping after really intense scenes.

I'm ok with that.

in the moment clapping is like gasping, cant be helped and should be deserved.

• Options
    RonaldoTheGypsyRonaldoTheGypsy Yes, yes Registered User regular
    People who suggest that it'd be irresponsible to let a dog you trust and have raised and love play with a baby because it might hurt the baby make me extremely sad. They are programmed to believe that dogs, by their very nature, are unpredictable and dangerous and how could you put a child in harm's way.

I've seen big, strong dogs around babies and I have seen them not for a single moment even give the hint of anything that might be behavior that would even be tangentially dangerous to the child. Dogs were bred for hundreds of years to be protectors and I grew up around dogs and have seen children around dogs very recently so when others suggest that it's dangerous or irresponsible or 'bad parenting' makes me ... sad.

• Options
    Many people are fearful of their own shadows and I think that fear transfers to other places such is around dogs which have been around humanity since we were all nomads.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    FUCK YOU PRISTIQ

• Options
    Solomaxwell6Solomaxwell6 Registered User regular
    I take Pristiq because it makes it so I don't have to shave.

• Options
    RiemannLivesRiemannLives Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    People who suggest that it'd be irresponsible to let a dog you trust and have raised and love play with a baby because it might hurt the baby make me extremely sad. They are programmed to believe that dogs, by their very nature, are unpredictable and dangerous and how could you put a child in harm's way.

I've seen big, strong dogs around babies and I have seen them not for a single moment even give the hint of anything that might be behavior that would even be tangentially dangerous to the child. Dogs were bred for hundreds of years to be protectors and I grew up around dogs and have seen children around dogs very recently so when others suggest that it's dangerous or irresponsible or 'bad parenting' makes me ... sad.

People who think that because their dog is safe around it's family and the people it is used to that it is safe in general make me sad. And pissed the fuck off. And, more than once, attacked by dogs of the people who would rent beachhouses in the town I grew up in.

Hell, when I was 5 or so I was mauled by a neighbors dog I was petting. Had to get stiched on my neck. (edit: it was a black lab, usually a very gentle breed indeed)

Dogs were bred for all kinds of purposes and often no purpose at all. By no means is "protector" even the most common purpose (more than one breed were bred specificially as a food source. they were a staple in mezoamerica). Even those bred as a "protectors" have a strong sense of the people they know and "protect" vs. those they are protecting against.

RiemannLives on
    Attacked by tweeeeeeees!
  • Options
    WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
    FUCK YOU PRISTIQ

Pristiq made us die on Wave 5!

• Options
    Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    okay i think fried foods might be just

off the menu completely

i just threw up and pooped at the same time and it was awful

• Options
    WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
    okay i think fried foods might be just

off the menu completely

i just threw up and pooped at the same time and it was awful

Did they at least come out the correct ends?

• Options
    RonaldoTheGypsyRonaldoTheGypsy Yes, yes Registered User regular

People who think that because their dog is safe around it's family and the people it is used to that it is safe in general make me sad. And pissed the fuck off. And, more than once, attacked by dogs of the people who would rent beachhouses in the town I grew up in.

Hell, when I was 5 or so I was mauled by a neighbors dog I was petting. Had to get stiched on my neck.

Dogs were bred for all kinds of purposes and often no purpose at all. By no means is "protector" even the most common purpose (more than one breed were bred specificially as a food source. they were a staple in mezoamerica). Even those bred as a "protectors" have a strong sense of the people they know and "protect" vs. those they are protecting against.

Cool story, bro. I was talking about people letting their children play with their dogs, which has not caused any anecdotal harm for neither myself nor anybody I know who has done such things. But maybe boxers are just more gentle than whatever breed you ran into.

• Options
    ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular

I was not happy.
    I don't understand why people don't say something when shit like this is happening.

• Options
    Thanatos wrote: »

I was not happy.
    I don't understand why people don't say something when shit like this is happening.

I don't want a confrontation. "OH BITCH, SO YOU HAD TO GO SNITCH? SEE YOU IN THE PARKING LOT WHEN THIS SHIT HERE IS OVER"

I mean, you get shot in Philly if you have a good looking girlfriend and someone else wants her, I can't imagine a movie theater disturbance report going down smoothly either. ESPECIALLY if they brought their kid with them to see the movie and they're on their phone because they weren't interested in the first place.

• Options
    RiemannLivesRiemannLives Registered User regular

Hell, when I was 5 or so I was mauled by a neighbors dog I was petting. Had to get stiched on my neck.

Cool story, bro. I was talking about people letting their children play with their dogs, which has not caused any anecdotal harm for neither myself nor anybody I know who has done such things. But maybe boxers are just more gentle than whatever breed you ran into.

Black lab.

Also fuck you and your backpedaling semi-dismissive bullshit.

You were spewing a load of blatently untrue bullshit in addition to the more specific claim.

Attacked by tweeeeeeees!
  • Options
    LucidLucid Registered User regular
    edited April 2012

I was not happy.

yeah, I've never went to a movie that had an active 'attendant' so most of the policing is by the people watching at the time.

When I went to Avatar, this fellow behind me was chatting with his friends during the previews. He said something like 'I wonder if the aliens will have blue cocks?'. I thought 'oh great' a talker has appeared. Then some teenagers arrived and sat down in the same row as me, they wouldn't cease their incessant giggling and other teen nonsense. Just as the movie began he leaned to them and said 'shut the fuck up or I'll come over and make you'. They snapped shut and didn't speak a single word the rest of the film, neither did he.

Too bad the film was terrible.

Lucid on
This discussion has been closed.