As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[GW2]New thread is up. Hope everyone enjoyed the April BWE! It was awesome!

• Options
    unintentionalunintentional smelly Registered User regular
    what i am getting out of this is that dynamic events are great, but for heart areas, if your aoe skills have long cooldowns then you are going to hate the people you're playing with

• Options
    MrVyngaardMrVyngaard Live From New Etoile Straight Outta SosariaRegistered User regular
    Got WatchMe on alert for 3pm EST.

Faster, Father Time. Hobble faster.

"now I've got this mental image of caucuses as cafeteria tables in prison, and new congressmen having to beat someone up on inauguration day." - Raiden333
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    beta's up

• Options
    Kafka87Kafka87 Registered User regular
    I've logged in.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    EnigEnig a.k.a. Ansatz Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    what i am getting out of this is that dynamic events are great, but for heart areas, if your aoe skills have long cooldowns then you are going to hate the people you're playing with

Why? Most fights are 2-3 mobs at once, and I don't think any classes have serious AoE that isn't on cooldown. They might be able to meet the threshold on several mobs quickly, but they won't kill them before you get a shot at at least half of them. So worst case you break even on XP, but still have an easier time overall.

Enig on
    ibpFhR6PdsPw80.png
    Steam (Ansatz) || GW2 officer (Ansatz.6498)
  • Options
    reVersereVerse Attack and Dethrone God Registered User regular
    beta's up

This is true.

• Options
    SuperdupeSuperdupe Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    1. I hate all of you who are playing right now apparently.

2. I am going to spend at least the first hour messing with the character creator, limited beta time be damned.

Superdupe on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    World as MythWorld as Myth a breezy way to annoy serious people Registered User regular
    This is probably the last moment I will be sane today.

kQwcZLJ.png
  • Options
    i didn't get prompted to pick a server, what's going on re: that for everyone else?

• Options
    What?! Damn it. I won't be home for another 30 mins or so. Why would you do this to me ANet?!

ibpFhR6PdsPw80.png
  • Options
    seriously, i have no idea what server i'm on :(
    game runs really well and is pretty sounding

• Options
    DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    Wouldn't that be interesting, if all of our talk of server assignments has been for naught and you are instead always randomly assigned a server and must pay to get off it.

How are the servers holding up so far?

What is this I don't even.
  • Options
    SwashbucklerXXSwashbucklerXX Swashbucklin' Canuck Registered User regular
    Nooooo! I was hoping to attract bored beta-waiters with the article I just posted. Well, those of you at work can read about my story and lore chat with Jeff Grubb:
    http://www.rpgamer.com/news/Q2-2012/042712a.html

Want to find me on a gaming service? I'm SwashbucklerXX everywhere.
  • Options
    DrCongoDrCongo Registered User, ClubPA regular
    OMG I was supposed to do some cleaning while I wait and get the kitchen in order but SERVERS UP OMG

• Options
    edited April 2012

Well don't spend any gems, you might have to use them for a server transfer? That's really strange.

Darkewolfe wrote: »
    Wouldn't that be interesting, if all of our talk of server assignments has been for naught and you are instead always randomly assigned a server and must pay to get off it.

No you should be able to select. People on GW2Guru/Reddit are talking about world selection.

Enig on
    ibpFhR6PdsPw80.png
  • Options
    CorehealerCorehealer The Apothecary The softer edge of the universe.Registered User regular
    BETA IS UP, MY LIVESTREAM IS UP AND IN MY SIG, GO GO GO!

488W936.png
  • Options
    ZellpherZellpher Registered User regular
    Oh man, oh man, oh man oh man. :D

• Options
    edited April 2012
    Corehealer wrote: »
    BETA IS UP, MY LIVESTREAM IS UP AND IN MY SIG, GO GO GO!

I'm going to watch your stream for 10 mins til I can leave work and join in myself :D

Edit: Although I don't see anything on it right now..

Edit2: Ok it's working fine.

Enig on
    ibpFhR6PdsPw80.png
  • Options
    VoroVoro Registered User regular
    Enig wrote: »

Well don't spend any gems, you might have to use them for a server transfer? That's really strange.

No you should be able to select. People on GW2Guru/Reddit are talking about world selection.

Yeah, there's a sever selection menu. Don't fuck up, because it mentions having to purchase a server transfer to change your home server.

XBL GamerTag: Comrade Nexus
  • Options
    folks on my server are telling me that i randomed into fort aspenwood

hooray

• Options
    GeodGeod swim, swim, hungryRegistered User regular
    Argh leaving work now

• Options
    Omega2112 wrote: »

hooray

I also got randomed into Fort Aspenwood.

Oh god, they know everything

in game name? i'm Gary

• Options
    Omega2112Omega2112 GW2 AKA: Robocow, Veristia Reaven Registered User regular

hooray

• Options
    LouieLouie Registered User regular
    I went to desolation. Will pop in tomorrow To see you guys in the fort.

camo_sig.png
    Twitter - discolouie PSN - Loupa Steam - Loupa
  • Options
    spamfajitasspamfajitas Lurker Extraordinaire USARegistered User regular
    Guys, guys. How are we getting the guild set up? I'm in as a human ele named Rincewind (Yes, that one).

• Options
    edited April 2012
    Why did you guys get randomed and not choose? Did you just click through too fast or what?

Guys, guys. How are we getting the guild set up? I'm in as a human ele named Rincewind (Yes, that one).

I'm watching Corehealer make the guild right now on his stream. You should PM him in-game to see if it is working. Well really TS3 is probably best.

Edit: I don't have audio but it looks like there may be technical difficulties.

Core what's your in-game name?

Enig on
    ibpFhR6PdsPw80.png
  • Options
    Omega2112Omega2112 GW2 AKA: Robocow, Veristia Reaven Registered User regular

hooray

in game name? i'm Gary

Well, I'll be on multiple characters across the weekend trying everything
    My actual user name is Robocow.3645

I probably won't be on for much longer, I have class really soon

• Options
    Kai_SanKai_San Commonly known as Klineshrike! Registered User regular
    Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck you guys playing right now :O
    Bt seriously, im smiling typing that. Im giddy thinking how exciting it must be for those who have waited years for this moment. I dont know how im gonna make it 5 more hours.

• Options
    YougottawannaYougottawanna Registered User regular
    Hey, what's a safe button for push to talk?

Also, geez, I didn't think the beta started until noon for some reason.

• Options
    DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular

hooray

in game name? i'm Gary

You going back to your original character name and not Serafina is going to confuse me in the short term.

What is this I don't even.
  • Options
    ShurakaiShurakai Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Edit: Beated, you guys know, heh. Wheee, I'm in.

Shurakai on
  • Options
    World as MythWorld as Myth a breezy way to annoy serious people Registered User regular
    Anybody playing, friend me: Europa

kQwcZLJ.png
  • Options
    BethrynBethryn Unhappiness is Mandatory Registered User regular
    (I think you killed the GW1 servers)

...and of course, as always, Kill Hitler.
  • Options
    DedwrekkaDedwrekka Metal Hell adjacentRegistered User regular
    2. (Incentives for small guilds in PvP?) The way WvWvW works is set up just fine for small guilds. There are lots of smaller objectives to capture, and small groups can also join up with a squad leader and get leadership from larger guilds that way.

So, the answer is no, there's not really much incentive to keep guilds from merging as much as possible.
    It all comes back down to strategic play. WvWvW is one of the rare times when strategy actually is important in video games, much less MMOs, with overlapping objectives and cause/effect style play. Large guilds are better prepared to take over keeps as it will require almost round the clock monitoring within the keep itself as well as people able to defend the surrounding area.
    Smaller groups, however, are better able to move quickly and quietly to take objectives, ruin supply lines, and assault attackers from the rear. It takes a lot of yelling and cajoling to move a large group, even a skilled one, away from a position, while small groups can concentrate entirely on the absolutely vital role of support. Your reward for the efforts are not a keep that lasts for simply as long as you can hold it, it's with having the best WvWvW server out there. Because no server is going to get to the top of the lists without dedicated small and large guilds that are taking strategic points as well as large keeps.

The other thing is by virtue of being an active guild and gathering a good name for ourselves, we can turn a small guild presence into a massive one to rival the largest guilds via this squad leader suggestion. If we use a number of small auxiliary squads made primarily of non-guild members with a guilded squad leader, then we can use those squads to take or hold objectives as well, Taking the limited number of [WANG] members and exploding that to the point that, in essence, our entire force consisting of these auxiliaries and the guild groups outnumber the large guilds, but are still directed by [WANG], still retain their mobility by being small self-contained units, and are still quite powerful in their own right.

• Options
    Any EU guys. Guild up. Whisper dedryk or thorhel.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Kai_SanKai_San Commonly known as Klineshrike! Registered User regular
    Why canty bank just close right now people dont need money fuck

• Options
    Got to play for 30 mins. Gt booted. Can't log back in.

/wrists

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    GONG-00GONG-00 Registered User regular
    Kai_San wrote: »
    Why canty bank just close right now people dont need money fuck

Take the money home for safekeeping over the weekend. Problem solved.

Black lives matter.
    Law and Order ≠ Justice
    ACNH Island Isla Cero: DA-3082-2045-4142
    Captain of the SES Comptroller of the State
    xu257gunns6e.png
  • Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    Khouri the Mesmer reporting in for whoever can invite when there's a guild up!

• Options
    KadokenKadoken Giving Ends to my Friends and it Feels Stupendous Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Holy shit people. The game is downloaded, and from the login screen it's marvelous. A certain password feature is such a generous gesture that, wow, it's like they know me. I've wanted this sort of thing for years. And what is this in the options? Voice chat options? (It says VOIP ducking). That dragon, staring at me with its empty eye, laughing at me, teasing me, with it's marvelous secrets within.

Also, the colors that denote that my password is correct is yellow and blue.

How do they know!?

So damn excited. If I like this game this weekend I'm playing it, I will pre-purchase this and buy that 975 at $130.

Kadoken on
This discussion has been closed.