As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[GW2]New thread is up. Hope everyone enjoyed the April BWE! It was awesome!

• Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    Cross-server guild invites work. I 'm on Aspenwood, but got invited to the EU guild first and got all confused. But now I'm in both guilds.

• Options
    World as MythWorld as Myth a breezy way to annoy serious people Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Ah right. Has someone made it? (also I probably can't rep a guild tag WANG, were we going to do NICE instead?)

World as Myth on
    kQwcZLJ.png
  • Options
    GeodGeod swim, swim, hungryRegistered User regular
    Ah right. Has someone made it? (also I probably can't rep a guild tag WANG, were we going to do NICE instead?)

We are indeed [NICE] :)

• Options
    ArthilArthil Registered User regular
    Arthil wrote: »
    Anyone interested in joining The Yakkington Academy [YAK], send a tell to Europa, Vale Ashtongue, Zay, Gary, or Ramen Noodle. I'm making everyone an officer so we can get people invited more quickly.

Wait a second, I thought we were going for one guild?

? I'm confused. Is there another guild?

Yes? We were gonna make We Are Nice Guys all along.

PSN: Honishimo Steam UPlay: Arthil
  • Options
    The Deranged HermitThe Deranged Hermit Inside the walls Merry Old EnglandRegistered User regular
    Can't log in :(

Keep getting "Unable to complete operation. Please try again in a few minutes."

Then when I try again I get "Unable to connect to a login server. This could be caused by an Internet routing issue."

My net is fine as I am using the forums, have tried TS, Steam, and GW1 with no problem.

Steam: the_deranged_hermit
    GW2: Tavalisk.9463
  • Options
    World as MythWorld as Myth a breezy way to annoy serious people Registered User regular
    Sorry, I had a brain fart!

kQwcZLJ.png
  • Options
    Two more keys. And these are my last ones:

FGGXFG-7J3QH-9TWP-K2X-JN4QNG4
    7RRJTN-JXCVW-LB7F-KDT-WBK4DTC

Thank Rivien once you're in the PA guild, as they come courtesy of him :)

• Options
    charrbroiledcharrbroiled 'dis guy Registered User regular
    Geod & Rivien, thanks for the previous code. My fiance was able to pick up that code for her travels this weekend :)

4d93c4f1d9d6247c.png
    Guild Wars 2: Tyreh, asura Warrior
  • Options
    TopiaTopia Registered User regular
    Got one, thanks both of you! :D

• Options
    eobeteobet 8-bit childhood SwedenRegistered User regular
    edited April 2012
    eobet wrote: »
    So, lagged to hell and back, and think I finally got disconnected (still in the game, but everyone including mobs have frozen).

My friend can make a character, but can't connect.

Also, the framerate is really quite poor. Probably has something to do with 200 players in the area, but still, even in that city it's not perfect (and this computer plays Crysis 2 on very high with no problem, and still managed 25fps on max).

Gameplay wise? Feels streamlined in a good way, but who the hell designed the inventory screen? Most confusing menus ever!

Sorry about the connection/framerate issues, there's a huge amount of concurrent traffic on our servers atm.

Can you be more specific about the confusing menus? I'd like to know more.

You make it sound like you're a Guild Wars 2 support person. :)

My confusion is that 1. Inventory screen is just the backpack, you need to go to the hero screen to see your equipment and 2. once on the hero screen, equipment is listed in a single column and a grid so you need to mouse over everything to understand what it is... other games have the equipment placed at roughly where they should be on your person, so it's easier to understand where everything goes. 3. There's also stats in the middle of it all, and they seem rather cramped where they are located. 5. A two handed weapon doesn't block out the off-hand slot, making you think that you can wield off-hand items while having a two handed weapon readied. 6. Nitpicking now, but the hero tab symbols feel rather small, and inconsistent with the say the inventory tabs work (but I see the benefit from having sliding tabs in the inventory). (6. More nitpicks: In general, UI element sizes are all over the place, with various sized text very close to each other and no clear borders between their respective areas... it's simply a very, very messy first impression.)

Anyway, I repeat my question:

How do you map ctrl+p to take a high res screenshot?

eobet on
    Heard the proposition that RIAA and MPAA should join forces and form "Music And Film Industry Association"?
  • Options
    ImperfectImperfect Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    Nngh, couldn't register my beta key to my GW account - can't seem to log in to my GW account, and I'm at work.

And the forums are down so I can't download the client.

Fliiiiip...

• Options
    DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    Anyone interested in joining The Yakkington Academy [YAK], send a tell to Europa, Vale Ashtongue, Zay, Gary, or Ramen Noodle. I'm making everyone an officer so we can get people invited more quickly.

Wait a second, I thought we were going for one guild?

? I'm confused. Is there another guild?

Yes? We were gonna make We Are Nice Guys all along.

*What A Nice Guild

• Options
    ImperfectImperfect Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    Went back a few pages, found that cloudfront-hosted GW2.exe, downloading now.

Query: I didn't see the server selection anywhere during registration. Is that... later on, or what?

• Options
    Kafka87Kafka87 Registered User regular
    So. I got kicked again. Any EU people that want to join our lovely guild message Maera for an invite.

Next BWE we will try and play with you lovely american people as @Echo says the latency is fantastic.

This game is killer. My pink-attired afroed mesmer is one of my best creations.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    We are nice guys is so sexist. Also, is this game 20gb? Sweet jesus.

Topia on
  • Options
    DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    So, lagged to hell and back, and think I finally got disconnected (still in the game, but everyone including mobs have frozen).

My friend can make a character, but can't connect.

Also, the framerate is really quite poor. Probably has something to do with 200 players in the area, but still, even in that city it's not perfect (and this computer plays Crysis 2 on very high with no problem, and still managed 25fps on max).

Gameplay wise? Feels streamlined in a good way, but who the hell designed the inventory screen? Most confusing menus ever!

Sorry about the connection/framerate issues, there's a huge amount of concurrent traffic on our servers atm.

Can you be more specific about the confusing menus? I'd like to know more.

You make it sound like you're a Guild Wars 2 support person. :)My confusion is that 1. Inventory screen is just the backpack, you need to go to the hero screen to see your equipment and 2. once on the hero screen, equipment is listed in a single column and a grid so you need to mouse over everything to understand what it is... other games have the equipment placed at roughly where they should be on your person, so it's easier to understand where everything goes. 3. There's also stats in the middle of it all, and they seem rather cramped where they are located. 5. A two handed weapon doesn't block out the off-hand slot, making you think that you can wield off-hand items while having a two handed weapon readied. 6. Nitpicking now, but the hero tab symbols feel rather small, and inconsistent with the say the inventory tabs work (but I see the benefit from having sliding tabs in the inventory). (6. More nitpicks: In general, UI element sizes are all over the place, with various sized text very close to each other and no clear borders between their respective areas... it's simply a very, very messy first impression.)

Anyway, I repeat my question:

How do you map ctrl+p to take a high res screenshot?

That's because she is a designer there :P

• Options
    charrbroiledcharrbroiled 'dis guy Registered User regular
    Topia wrote: »
    We are nice guys is so sexist. Also, is this game 20gb? Sweet jesus.

12.7GB

File calculator is wrong on the patcher.

4d93c4f1d9d6247c.png
    Guild Wars 2: Tyreh, asura Warrior
  • Options
    corin7corin7 San Diego, CARegistered User regular
    So how do I get an invite to whatever guild we have started? Character name is ambi.

• Options
    corin7 wrote: »
    So how do I get an invite to whatever guild we have started? Character name is ambi.

*looks at thread title*

*looks back at corin*

• Options
    warder808warder808 Registered User regular
    Maybe it should say PM Geod for G-invs?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Snake101stSnake101st Registered User regular
    Geod wrote: »
    Two more keys. And these are my last ones:

FGGXFG-7J3QH-9TWP-K2X-JN4QNG4
    7RRJTN-JXCVW-LB7F-KDT-WBK4DTC

Thank Rivien once you're in the PA guild, as they come courtesy of him :)

Thanks for the key! my good friend who's on the fence is now able to play with me, thanks to you.

Snakesig123.gif
  • Options
    Toxic PickleToxic Pickle Thash grape! Registered User regular
    Well I'm in... but I don't know if I'm pleased or not. Can't really do anything because there are so many people about, flooding over the quest areas. There are queues to get in areas, which causes those waiting to get put into overflow areas which... seem to look exactly like the area? I'm not really sure what the hell is going on.

Combat is standard MMO fair for sure so far, and while there is dodging I haven't figured out it's usefulness yet.

• Options
    override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular
    Is there any way to improve framerate? If I'm getting 25fps the average user must be getting 10 at best

• Options
    corin7corin7 San Diego, CARegistered User regular
    DaemonSadi wrote: »
    corin7 wrote: »

*looks at thread title*

*looks back at corin*

lol fair enough. Too busy killing for reading. :P

• Options
    shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    My game freezes every like 30 seconds for about 10 seconds. It's fucking annoying. I can't figure out whether it's my shitty computer or the server being overloaded.

Anyone having similar issues?

EDIT: Hmm, maybe it's the computer, it's doing it on the log-in screen too. Fucking christ. The thing isn't even overheating from what I can see.

PS - What info do you need to invite me to the guild?

shryke on
  • Options
    reVersereVerse Attack and Dethrone God Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Okay, so this is honestly cool:

gw2sellyourstuff.jpg

All the crap in your inventory. Note the "buyer wants" ones.

Also, right clicking an item gives you options Equip, Destroy, Mail to and Sell At Trading Post.

reVerse on
  • Options
    BuddiesBuddies Registered User regular
    i GOT YOU LUCIUS!

• Options
    I am absolutely fucking impressed by this downloader. I have never seen such a fast, clean, working downloader before, especially not this early into a games life!

Seriously, quality levels are insane and I haven't even finished installing.

• Options
    ghost_master2000ghost_master2000 Registered User regular
    Is there any way to improve framerate? If I'm getting 25fps the average user must be getting 10 at best

Turn your settings down maybe?

• Options
    KorKor Known to detonate from time to time Registered User regular
    How are people getting keys to hand out of this?

Has anyone been able to play who didn't purchase through arenanet?

Amazon seems to have no idea about a beta code.

DS Code: 3050-7671-2707
    Pokemon Safari - Sneasel, Pawniard, ????
  • Options
    shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    Also, is there seriously no way back to the Character Select screen?

• Options
    Kafka87Kafka87 Registered User regular
    Currently no, just log out.

This game is AWESOME.

Feels like total fucking chaos atm. I took my human mesmer to the Charr starting place. I have no idea what was happening. Numbers everywhere. I was pink. It was glorious.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    reVersereVerse Attack and Dethrone God Registered User regular
    How do you exit PvP? I know how to get in, but I don't know how to get out.

• Options
    chrpnkchrpnk Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    This is probably been covered already, and I apologize if it has, but how do we claim the 2k free gems this weekend? I rolled on a different server and would like to switch to the PA one.

Edit: Never mind. Didn't realize the cash shop was actually in the game. That's pretty awesome.

chrpnk on
  • Options
    TriiipledotTriiipledot Registered User regular
    My friend mistakingly chose wrong server, anyway for him to pick another or still play with him somehow?

• Options
    Kor wrote: »
    How are people getting keys to hand out of this?

Has anyone been able to play who didn't purchase through arenanet?

Amazon seems to have no idea about a beta code.

Those were keys that I and another guy had left over from PAX East. I bought through GameStop and am not having an issue.

• Options
    DisruptorX2DisruptorX2 Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    how i mine for pvp?

DisruptorX2 on
    1208768734831.jpg
  • Options
    InkyblotsInkyblots Registered User regular
    So aside from the lag from there being being a million people in the starting areas this game is ridiculously fun. Probably going to end up switching around a lot of hotkeys. 1-0 aint doing it for me.

• Options
    DisruptorX2DisruptorX2 Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Character creation has a serious case of baby-face.

I think I'm going to make a manly man.

DisruptorX2 on
    1208768734831.jpg
  • Options
    steejeesteejee Registered User regular
    - Framerate at times
    + Everything else

Seriously, *Everything*

Alright, I wish the game had loot on runover ala Tabula Rasa, but I can live with that very minor nibble.

The Great DAMNED STEAM SALES AND WII/U Backlog
    Just Finished: Borderlands (waste of $7)/Mario Brothers U/The Last Story/Tropico 4
    Currently Playing: NS2/ZombiU/PlanetSide 2/Ys/Dota2/Xenoblade Chronicles
    On Hold: Prince of Persia: Warrior Within/GW2/Scribblenauts
    Coming Next: Prince of Persia: The Two Thrones/X-Com Classic
This discussion has been closed.