Options

[chat] pooped on the floor again

• Options
    tyrannustyrannus i am not fat Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Pony wrote: »
    friendly reminder: The Canadian dollar is generally on par with, if not often more valuable than, the US Dollar

this has been the case for many years. Obviously, currency fluctuates, but the CAD generally stays within 0.98 to 1.10 of the USD

haha not really

the US dollar usually beats the CAD, except recently

hell in 2004 1 dollar got 1.3 CAD

http://www.google.com/finance?q=USDCAD

look at how often the line dips below 1.00

tyrannus on
  • Options
    Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    Mojo_Jojo wrote: »
    BeNarwhal wrote: »
    Who was it that was in to Tribes: Ascend? And do you have a referral link that I could/should be using?

I'm intrigued.

https://account.hirezstudios.com/tribesascend/?referral=1766508&utm_campaign=email

Oh, also. Go here too to get a code for a free gun for the Soldier class too.

Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • Options
    BeNarwhalBeNarwhal The Work Left Unfinished Registered User regular
    Who was it that was in to Tribes: Ascend? And do you have a referral link that I could/should be using?

I'm intrigued.

https://account.hirezstudios.com/tribesascend/?referral=1766508&utm_campaign=email

Oh, also. Go here too to get a code for a free gun for the Soldier class too.

Much obliged, Mojo. :)

• Options
    electricitylikesmeelectricitylikesme Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Oh god fucking damn it. I've been reading tvtropes for like the past 2 hours now.

EDIT: Also Infinite Flashlight seems contrived as all fuck.

electricitylikesme on
  • Options
    matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    Gooey wrote: »
    what could possibly be wrong with macros

Best I can figure out, since Punkbuster of course doesn't actually ever comment on anything, is that they claim macros can be written that will negate recoil in online FPS games.

nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    Thomamelas wrote: »
    Guys, Tennessee has updated their sex ed guidelines to prohibit teaching "gateway sexual activity". Those fuckers are trying to make a Christian side hug a real thing.

It is now illegal in Tennessee to make a circle with your thumb and forefinger on your right hand, and push the index finger on your left hand in and out of that circle.

nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    Disco TerrierDisco Terrier Jowls aquiver. Registered User regular
    Illustration is truly the best career for me.

I would just fucking kill myself if I had to drive/take the bus to work every day.

yGxvf.png
  • Options
    Caveman PawsCaveman Paws Registered User regular
    Guys, Tennessee has updated their sex ed guidelines to prohibit teaching "gateway sexual activity". Those fuckers are trying to make a Christian side hug a real thing.

We need to create a super filthy sex act and name it "The Christian Side Hug."

• Options
    Unearthly StewUnearthly Stew Registered User regular

It is now illegal in Tennessee to make a circle with your thumb and forefinger on your right hand, and push the index finger on your left hand in and out of that circle.

That's why I make the circle with my *left* hand. Gotta love loopholes.

• Options
    dlinfinitidlinfiniti Registered User regular
    Making fists with my toes

AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
  • Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular

Or to move your fist up and down vigorously.

• Options
    PonyPony Registered User regular
    tyrannus wrote: »
    friendly reminder: The Canadian dollar is generally on par with, if not often more valuable than, the US Dollar

this has been the case for many years. Obviously, currency fluctuates, but the CAD generally stays within 0.98 to 1.10 of the USD

haha not really

check the 10yr and the 5yr, hoss

• Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    This is getting legit annoying. I'm glad to babysit for my sister and I love my nephew. But she always tries to guilt the everloving fuck out of me to stay longer, stay for dinner etc. on the occasions where I do not want to stay she just won't let up, and not in a joking way. I have talked to her about it and she wont stop.

• Options
    GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular

Best I can figure out, since Punkbuster of course doesn't actually ever comment on anything, is that they claim macros can be written that will negate recoil in online FPS games.

is that even possible?

most games i know of things like movement and such aren't part of the console commands

unless i guess you're using some third party program to do "mouse down" or whatever input moving your mouse downwards is

either way that seems like it would be horribly complicated and inefficient as different guns in different games have different amounts of recoil, and different mouse settings would mean you'd have to tune it to a particular game to get it to work right

god anti cheating software is so stupid

919UOwT.png
  • Options

Or to move your fist up and down vigorously.

Luckily for people living in Tennessee, the Titans suck so much they don't have to worry about inadvertently pumping their fists.

nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    Organichu wrote: »
    This is getting legit annoying. I'm glad to babysit for my sister and I love my nephew. But she always tries to guilt the everloving fuck out of me to stay longer, stay for dinner etc. on the occasions where I do not want to stay she just won't let up, and not in a joking way. I have talked to her about it and she wont stop.

"Can't, thanks, bye!" *Turn around walk away pretending you can't hear her.*

A last resort but an effective one.

• Options

haha not really

Yeah, the idea that our dollars haven't been fairly close to each other for the last 5 years is silly.

Also, any idea how the Euro is doing vs our dollar? Plummeting still, I hope. I'm currently using the gimpiest browser (not by choice), or I'd check myself.

• Options

haha not really

ummmmm......

919UOwT.png
  • Options
    edited April 2012

haha not really

the 10 year just proves my point?

and the 10 year is funny because it's like, the USD during booms substantially outpaces the CAD, and during busts, it barely maintains ~1. there's only a few times where it actually goes down to a substantial amount below 1

tyrannus on
  • Options
    Organichu wrote: »

Oh, you're babysitting for my mother then. Try to leave early, end a phone call, cancel/change plans, etc.

Same, raging result.

• Options

is that even possible?

most games i know of things like movement and such aren't part of the console commands

unless i guess you're using some third party program to do "mouse down" or whatever input moving your mouse downwards is

either way that seems like it would be horribly complicated and inefficient as different guns in different games have different amounts of recoil, and different mouse settings would mean you'd have to tune it to a particular game to get it to work right

I concur. The best part is, as you said, a macro would be horribly inaccurate for that kind of use. So people write actual aim-assist programs to do it. Which punkbuster repeatedly fails to catch.

nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    Everyone, your countries money is the biggest,longest,veiny-est currency that has ever existed.

Simmer down! Simma'! Sssssimma' down!

• Options

haha not really

did you not read my post

• Options
    edited April 2012

haha not really

did you not read my post

I read the
    The Canadian dollar is generally on par with, if not often more valuable than, the US Dollar
    part

which is half true

tyrannus on
  • Options
    TehSlothTehSloth Hit Or Miss I Guess They Never Miss, HuhRegistered User regular

is that even possible?

I'm pretty sure this was a thing with WoW a long time ago to. It was determined by Blizzard that anything more complicated than what can be done through in-game macros and LUA functionality was cheating, so binding things to a function on your keyboard could potentially get you in trouble if Warden detected it, which it usually could.

FC: 1993-7778-8872 PSN: TehSloth Xbox: SlothTeh
    twitch.tv/tehsloth
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    Everyone, your countries money is the biggest,longest,veiny-est currency that has ever existed.

Simmer down! Simma'! Sssssimma' down!

But I don't want it to be particularly veiny! It has to be visually appealing too, y'know.

BeNarwhal on
  • Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    This review of Battleship reveals a very very important piece of information about it which I shall now put in spoilers:
    The Review wrote:
    The biggest missed opportunity in this film (and there are many), is that no one, at any point, shouts: “You’ve sunk my battleship!”

Deal breaker

• Options
    Things I will suck at, once it finishes downloading:

Tribes: Ascend.

• Options
    DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    Some dinkus shipped a novelty grenade to a building as a gift. The building was evacuated.
    People are dumb.

• Options

yes

in 2002, the USD was 1.6 to the CAD

but since then it's declined and sorta settled around being between 0.98 and 1.10 to the CAD

which is what I said

sometimes Canadian money is worth more than American money, but for the most part they are generally on par

today it's 0.99

that is normal and has been the case for 5 to 10 years

reading comprehension, you nerds

• Options
    This review of Battleship reveals a very very important piece of information about it which I shall now put in spoilers:
    The Review wrote:
    The biggest missed opportunity in this film (and there are many), is that no one, at any point, shouts: “You’ve sunk my battleship!”

Deal breaker

This is like Samuel L. Jackson not saying "mother fucking" in a movie. This is inexcusable.

nibXTE7.png
  • Options

yes

but since then it's declined and sorta settled around being between 0.98 and 1.10 to the CAD

which is what I said

sometimes Canadian money is worth more than American money, but for the most part they are generally on par

today it's 0.99

Listen, America, all I'm trying to say here is

Why not just become our 11th province? :bz

• Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    These ribs are fucking delicious.

• Options

yes

which is what I said

today it's 0.99

Nah, become the Seventh County of Northern Ireland.

• Options
    Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    Things I will suck at, once it finishes downloading:

Tribes: Ascend.

You kind of have to accept that you're just one man in a large game. You will only be able to have a small effect on wins or losses. Some roles (like the technician) will see you stuff entirely detached from the actual point scoring.

Also, Capture and Hold (the new game mode) is hilarious. It is just utter chaos.

It took quite a while for the game to click for me. I'm still shit though. Like all the weapons have weird non-newtonian mechanics that you have to learn in order to use.

Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • Options

yes

which is what I said

today it's 0.99

what? did you look at that graph?

since 2008 CAD has been par with USD, barring 1H2009

it hasn't been generally on par for 5 or 10 years.

919UOwT.png
  • Options
    TehSlothTehSloth Hit Or Miss I Guess They Never Miss, HuhRegistered User regular
    The Review wrote:

Deal breaker

This is like Samuel L. Jackson not saying "mother fucking" in a movie. This is inexcusable.

I'm still waiting for Benedict Cumberbatch to say "Elementary my dear Watson"

It better come in the 3rd series.

FC: 1993-7778-8872 PSN: TehSloth Xbox: SlothTeh
    twitch.tv/tehsloth
  • Options
    override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular

yes

which is what I said

today it's 0.99

Free health care? Sure where do I sign

• Options
    TehSloth wrote: »
    The Review wrote:

Deal breaker

I'm still waiting for Benedict Cumberbatch to say "Elementary my dear Watson"

It better come in the 3rd series.

Sherlock Holmes never said that in the books.

This discussion has been closed.