As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Diablo 3] Diablo walks the Earth in 5 days. Single digits omg

• Options
    urahonkyurahonky Resident FF7R hater Registered User regular
    Smoogy wrote: »
    @urahonky - So I'm assuming since you are so amped up about getting your CE on time that you've decided to stop complaining about all the changes from D2 that they made in D3. Kudos to you, sir!

Also, I think I have to get up at 3:00am EST and see what the servers are like when this thing goes live. I probably won't be able to sleep anyway. Work will just have to suffer!

Yeah :) I've pretty much accepted that they aren't the same game. I'm still upset at the number of players, but I can deal. I just need to get my loot on. :P

• Options
    anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
    So I have no idea where else to ask this, but it is about ordering Diablo. I ordered it online and put in my mailing address but froget the drive part. So it basically just has the name of the road. For example instead of Oak tree drive I just put Oak tree. What are the chances of me still getting the game no problems?

Steam: offday
  • Options
    ScosglenScosglen Registered User regular
    Mail sorting systems are pretty smart about figuring out where a package is meant to go even in the case of a slightly erroneous address. You're probably fine.

• Options
    Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    So according to Bashiok's twitter the new Aeon Flux Diablo animated thingy is out:
    http://t.co/QZ4PkIi0

Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    Custom SpecialCustom Special I know I am, I'm sure I am, I'm Sounders 'til I die!Registered User regular
    urahonky wrote: »
    Smoogy wrote: »
    @urahonky - So I'm assuming since you are so amped up about getting your CE on time that you've decided to stop complaining about all the changes from D2 that they made in D3. Kudos to you, sir!

Also, I think I have to get up at 3:00am EST and see what the servers are like when this thing goes live. I probably won't be able to sleep anyway. Work will just have to suffer!

Yeah :) I've pretty much accepted that they aren't the same game. I'm still upset at the number of players, but I can deal. I just need to get my loot on. :P

I agree with those that argue that nobody was ever really in a real 8 player game (at least most weren't). But if anything, they could have at least given us 5 players in a game so you could have one of each class. I just feel like that should have been pretty simple to figure out.

XBL: F4ll0utBP | STEAM | PSN : CustomSpecial | Bnet: F4ll0ut#1636
  • Options
    KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
  • Options
    CarbonFireCarbonFire See you in the countryRegistered User regular
    Warlock82 wrote: »
    So according to Bashiok's twitter the new Aeon Flux Diablo animated thingy is out:

Awesome, but so short.
    Makes me want more! 8->

Steam: CarbonFire MWO, PSN, Origin: Carb0nFire
  • Options
    mere_immortalmere_immortal So tasty!Registered User regular
    That was preeeeety neat.

Does Blizzard have any lore dumps on their site, creation of the Diablo world and history type stuff?

Steam: mere_immortal - PSN: mere_immortal - XBL: lego pencil - Wii U: mimmortal - 3DS: 1521-7234-1642 - Bordgamegeek: mere_immortal
  • Options
    PriscaPrisca Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    The video is hilarious :D

Prisca on
  • Options
    Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    TBH that was kinda.....lack luster.

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    GoodKingJayIIIGoodKingJayIII They wanna get my gold on the ceilingRegistered User regular
    I like Wrath, though it's pretty open ended.

Is Imperius played by Clancy Brown?

Battletag: Threeve#1501; PSN: Threeve703; Steam: 3eeve
  • Options
    Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    Imperius isn't reckless. He's just straight up stupid.

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    Warlock82 wrote: »

Maaan, I can't say I like the Saturday morning cartoon direction they're taking with that Diablo clip. Fortunately they didn't completely dilute the actual game into the 'appeal to everyone' art/story homogenization that Warcraft suffered.

For example, I partially blame Knaak because I'm a bandwagoner that way, but Inarius' original background in the Diablo 1 manual before he got his hands on the character was much more interesting.
    Even the Seraphim are not immune to the corruption of the Dark Lords. One such angel, Inarius, was proud of his beauty and boasted loudly of his purity and worth. His thoughts became so clouded that he believed himself to be above both Angel and Demon, and he left the High Heavens to form his own dominion. He constructed a great cathedral of mirrored glass and crystal, and followers flocked to him, drawn by his numinous charm and wealth. Once Inarius had gathered a sizable army, he decided to prove his power. Inarius first laid siege to an infernal temple devoted to the worship of Mephisto, but made the foolish mistake of overestimating his prowess. The armies of Inarius laid waste to the temple and killed the dark monks that dwelled within. The Three Evils had considered the vain warrior a mere nuisance and amusement until this time, but this was an insult that they could not bear.

Mephisto himself is said to have appeared at the cathedral of Inarius. He laid waste to the church and the surrounding countryside. The Lord of Hatred took the proud archangel and his followers captive. He bound Inarius with tremendous chains and slowly tore the wings from the back of the angel. Great barbed hooks were then used to stretch out the once glowing skin and his features were distorted by vile powers. Many of the followers of Inarius were given as gifts to Baal and Diablo, but the rest were molded to match the bloated image of the now crippled angel. To this day, Inarius is said to be trapped in Hell within a chamber of mirrors, his eyelids torn from his face as he is forced to gaze upon his misshapen form for all eternity. His misguided followers now serve as Hell’s taskmasters, taking the anguish of their lost glory out upon the bodies of others.

Donnicton on
  • Options
    ChenChen Registered User regular
    Imperius is not Inarius.

V0Gug2h.png
  • Options
    DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    Chen wrote: »
    Imperius is not Inarius.

No, he's not. I edited two extra words in to keep you from getting confused but I think I was just short. ;-)

• Options
    KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    Imperius is not Inarius.

Yeah, two different folk.

I liked it. I wasn't really expecting much out of it besides a bad ass mini cartoon, and it pretty much delivers with that. I actually like drawn cartoon art more than CG, so it was refreshing to see that. Also that it resembles, if not blatantly takes from Aeon Flux's style, is a huge huge plus to me.

Not much of a prelude, but enough to get me ready for the actual game.

• Options
    corin7corin7 San Diego, CARegistered User regular
    I liked it. So much hype!

• Options
    FireflashFireflash Montreal, QCRegistered User regular
    Meh, not really interesting. And the animation was generic anime grade, nothing to be impressed about. That was a waste of ressources.

PSN: PatParadize
    Battle.net: Fireflash#1425
    Steam Friend code: 45386507
  • Options
    P.S. They've turned on all the sigils on the reveal site in case you missed any. Grab em before the 18th, because they're gone forever after that.

• Options
    GoodKingJayIIIGoodKingJayIII They wanna get my gold on the ceilingRegistered User regular
    So is the unique banner you create for each class the banner created in the banner creator? Or is it something else entirely?

Because all the banners I've created have been pretty slapdash and silly...

• Options
    Custom SpecialCustom Special I know I am, I'm sure I am, I'm Sounders 'til I die!Registered User regular
    jdarksun wrote: »
    P.S. They've turned on all the sigils on the reveal site in case you missed any. Grab em before the 18th, because they're gone forever after that.
    How do the sigils work?

Basically just limited edition logos you can throw on your banner in-game. One for each class.

• Options
    edited May 2012
    So the way the reveal site works is:
    1) You choose a class and make a wallpaper with a picture that you upload or the default one.
    2) You create a banner in what I assume is javascript or flash, and it's added to the wallpaper that you chose from step 1.
    3) Then you choose a bottom detail for your sigil that goes on your banner that you just made.
    4) When you're done, you link it to your account and you unlock the sigil (the actual icon in the middle of your banner depending on which class you chose in the beginning) for your account in Diablo 3.
    5) Inside Diablo 3, you create a new banner (which can be completely different or exactly the same as the one you just made) and you chose a sigil from a list. In that list will be the ones you unlocked from the reveal site among the defaults and ones from achievements.
    6) The banner is placed in town when playing the game, and clicking on another player's banner will teleport your character to wherever that player is. It's kind of like the icons we have in the forums or the avatars in SC2, they're just used to represent the player in town.

P.S. Not all sigils/details are on that reveal site. There's only like 20 details and banner types, and only 5 sigils (one for each class). Pretty sure it has all the colors though.

KoopahTroopah on
  • Options
    BasilBasil Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    The short was kinda cute. Diablo gonna Diablo, just doing his thing like a good immortal demon.

Although it woulda been neat if he'd gotten to show off his portfolio a little more.

Basil on
    9KmX8eN.jpg
  • Options
    valiancevaliance Registered User regular

hurray for sigil unlocks. so there's only 5 sigils right? there's only 1 for each class? do we have to unlock it on the banner we make or just making a banner unlocks the specific sigil?

• Options
    valiance wrote: »

hurray for sigil unlocks. so there's only 5 sigils right? there's only 1 for each class? do we have to unlock it on the banner we make or just making a banner unlocks the specific sigil?

Yep, only 5. You just make the banner, plug in your battle net name and email address and it unlocks it on your account.

• Options
    Fireflash wrote: »
    Meh, not really interesting. And the animation was generic anime grade, nothing to be impressed about. That was a waste of ressources.

I suspect that the budgets for marketing and development are completely separate, so even if they didn't make this short, it costs would've gone to some other marketing campaign.

Which says nothing of your disinterest of course, you are entitled to your opinion, I'm just saying that the wasted resources probably wouldn't have gone back into development or anything.

• Options
    JormungandrJormungandr Registered User regular
    Yep, only 5. You just make the banner, plug in your battle net name and email address and it unlocks it on your account.

So I looked at this briefly when it first started up, and it seemed to require you to associate a facebook account? I have thus far avoided facebook successfully, and getting some free banners in D3 isn't going to change that.

That being said, if there's a way to finish the banner process without having to log in to facebook, someone let me know -- I do like free stuff.

• Options
    Hahnsoo1Hahnsoo1 Make Ready. We Hunt.Registered User regular

So I looked at this briefly when it first started up, and it seemed to require you to associate a facebook account? I have thus far avoided facebook successfully, and getting some free banners in D3 isn't going to change that.

That being said, if there's a way to finish the banner process without having to log in to facebook, someone let me know -- I do like free stuff.
    I got both of my sigils so far without a Facebook account. It's optional, as far as I know.

8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • Options
    ScosglenScosglen Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    It's an animated short to promote a videogame. What do you people expect, exactly? The status-quo for this type of promotional thing is bad motion comics. At least it was an honest to god keyframed and hand drawn animation rather than some paper cutouts being scaled and transformed across a screen.

Scosglen on
  • Options

Yes.
    I think the facebook is there if you want to share your banner or whatever. Basically you just go through the process, put in your nickname and BNet email and it puts it on your account.

• Options

Yes.
    I think the facebook is there if you want to share your banner or whatever. Basically you just go through the process, put in your nickname and BNet email and it puts it on your account.

That is correct. Facebook is only there if you wanna pimp your wallpaper that you made. The battle.net info is there to link the sigil to your account.

• Options
    ChenChen Registered User regular
    You know, for the Lord of Terror, Diablo doesn't come off as terrorizing. I mean, what has he really accomplished over the years? He didn't even free Baal, Marius did. If he didn't have the Prime Evil moniker, he'd be Hell's whipping boy.

V0Gug2h.png
  • Options
    JormungandrJormungandr Registered User regular
    Thank you very much to Hahnsoo1 and the other folks who answered. I think I missed the terms of service radio-button-looking-thing the first time I looked at it, and thus the "Finish" button never lit up, and the only apparent way to move on seemed to be Facebook. I can confirm that that was 100% user error, and I just finished doing all 5 sigils.

• Options
    anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
    Will Amazon not charge me for Diablo until Tuesday?

• Options
    GnomeTankGnomeTank What the what? Portland, OregonRegistered User regular
    anoffday wrote: »

Digital or shipped? If it's shipped, they won't charge it until they ship it. If it's digital, probably not until it releases.

Sagroth wrote: »
    Oh c'mon FyreWulff, no one's gonna pay to visit Uranus.
    Steam: Brainling, XBL / PSN: GnomeTank, NintendoID: Brainling, FF14: Zillius Rosh SFV: Brainling
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    GnomeTank wrote: »

Digital or shipped? If it's shipped, they won't charge it until they ship it. If it's digital, probably not until it releases.

Shipped. And for people who have pre-ordered games before is their release date delivery pretty reliable? Have they ever messed it up?

anoffday on
  • Options
    XeddicusXeddicus Registered User regular
    You know, for the Lord of Terror, Diablo doesn't come off as terrorizing. I mean, what has he really accomplished over the years? He didn't even free Baal, Marius did. If he didn't have the Prime Evil moniker, he'd be Hell's whipping boy.

Well, he mostly tears shit up in between games. 3 is in NEW Tristram for a reason, after all.

• Options
    GnomeTankGnomeTank What the what? Portland, OregonRegistered User regular

Shipped. And for people who have pre-ordered games before is their release date delivery pretty reliable? Have they ever messed it up?

Amazon has messed up releases in the past, but I think they are pretty reliable now. I think you're probably safe to assume it will arrive on Tuesday. Some people even report getting games from Amazon a day early due to shipping quirks.

Sagroth wrote: »
    Oh c'mon FyreWulff, no one's gonna pay to visit Uranus.
    Steam: Brainling, XBL / PSN: GnomeTank, NintendoID: Brainling, FF14: Zillius Rosh SFV: Brainling
  • Options

Depends on where you ordered from. I trust Amazon almost 100%. Whenever they ship something it's gone to my destination on the day they say it will, if not earlier.

• Options
    SmoogySmoogy Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    All the sigils are there in all their glory!

Edit: I was super late to the game!

Smoogy on
    Smoogy-1689
    3DS Friend Code: 1821-8991-4141
    PAD ID: 376,540,262

This discussion has been closed.