As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Ceci n'est pas une webcomic thread

• Options
    MaydayMayday Cutting edge goblin tech Registered User regular
    crwth wrote: »
    go away, cd

nobody likes your style

crwth, do you like cd's style?
    can't say that i do, fuzzbutt

cannot say that i do

why can't you? did someone threaten you?

he lacks the appropriate lobes and/or glands

• Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    CD man

man

• Options
    TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    even will all those syllables, you just can't squeeze the word slow into CD's name enough times

• Options
    CorporateLogoCorporateLogo The toilet knows how I feelRegistered User regular
    Since CD doesn't know how to post new comics I'll do it for him

51.jpg

Do not have a cow, mortal.

c9PXgFo.jpg
  • Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    I swear I read this thread!

• Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    what judge?

• Options
    CorporateLogoCorporateLogo The toilet knows how I feelRegistered User regular
    Tell it to the judge

Do not have a cow, mortal.

c9PXgFo.jpg
  • Options
    what judge?

because you'll be dust on monday

• Options
    Rolo wrote: »
    what judge?

The judge takes the weekend off?

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    Mayday wrote: »
    what judge?

courts do not run on weekends, no

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    what judge?

Because I'll be pulverizing you sometime over the weekend.

• Options
    what judge?

mind=blown

• Options
    crwthcrwth THAT'S IT Registered User regular
  • Options
    BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
  • Options
    The saddest piece of advice you’ll ever get about doing a webcomic.

In the last few months several of our friends have said to us, “I do not know how you handle all of the crap you guys get on the internet.” Most of the time our response to them is, “We do our best to try to ignore it, but it is surprisingly hard.”

I’ll be honest. I was a nerdy kid and I was unpopular and picked on, but I’ve never been bullied the way I’m bullied because of Teahouse. And I’m not exaggerating that, we don’t talk about it much but it’s pretty brutal. I’m positive the same goes for E. And I think the worst thing is that most of it is relatively anonymous and incredibly personal.

We started Teahouse with a dorky sense of humor and an adoration of stupid melodrama. The comic exists because we desperately wanted something fun and different from our superhero gigs. The book was never intended to be taken more seriously than any other BL stories out there because Teahouse is basically our love letter to the BL genre.

We come from superheroes for Christ sake. We just wanted to do a comic about dudes fucking cause THEY NEVER DID IN OUR DAY JOBS. *cry cry*

Teahouse became way bigger than either of us ever expected it to. We had no idea it’d blow up the way it did and with that popularity came a number of incredibly unpleasant surprises.

One of the biggest casualties has been our ability to interact with people and fans. We used to be able to joke around and even engage in serious conversations (not confrontations) but we can’t anymore. I’m not sure when it happened, but at some point people started taking everything, regardless of whether or not it was an obvious joke, seriously. So we hardly interact with people anymore and it super sucks because we used to enjoy it.

There’s this interesting culture of hate on the internet. I don’t know if it’s just that people are angry and feel a relief in releasing their anger online in the form of anonymous online “hate justice” but it’s rough on the receiving end of it. I won’t lie. People seem to think that ugly opinions are the same as constructive criticism and it’s not but there’s no arguing with them about it. They’re not looking for reasons to like you, they’re looking for more reasons to hate you.

I’m 90% positive that most of these people would never say any of this stuff to our faces. I don’t think that it’s because they don’t have the balls, I think it’s because most people genuinely don’t like hurting people. When you say something ugly to someone’s face you see the hurt that you cause. The internet makes it easier because you can do anonymously, over a computer, and feel guiltless. They don’t feel like bad people because they don’t see the results.

So the biggest piece of advice I’ve been giving people interested in web comics recently: “Minimize your response to negative people period. Don’t even try to reason with them. Just ignore it or delete, try not to engage.” Every once in a while we’ll slip up and let something get to us or joke about something that we think is minor (always blows up in our faces, someday we’ll learn) but at this point, that’s how we try deal with all the crap thrown at us. “Ignore, delete, try not to engage.”

EzUAYcn.png
  • Options
    2012-04-27.png

EzUAYcn.png
  • Options
    ElbasunuElbasunu Registered User regular
    g1xfUKU.png?10zfegkyoor3b.png
    Steam ID: Obos Vent: Obos
  • Options
    Skull ManSkull Man RIP KUSU Registered User regular
    Antimatter wrote: »
    antimatter as an expert on magical clockwork I can tell you that he is lying

doesn't take an expert to tell me that

hell, i bet someone who goes out of their way to not know things about magical clockwork could say that skull man is nothing but a liar.

anti

anti

it's my birthday

• Options
    MysstMysst King Monkey of Hedonism IslandRegistered User regular
    2012-04-27.png

oh so what kind of breakfast tacos does new york do?

ikbUJdU.jpg
  • Options
    DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    Goatmon wrote: »
    I am intruiged.

00001031.jpg
    The whole gang's here.

is Shadow and Robot a couple, now?

because that would be the cutest fucking thing

Miss me? Find me on:

Twitch (I stream most days of the week)
    Twitter (mean leftist discourse)
  • Options
    BaidolBaidol I will hold him off Escape while you canRegistered User regular
    We currently know very little about what is going on with anyone right now.

Steam Overwatch: Baidol#1957
  • Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    The saddest piece of advice you’ll ever get about doing a webcomic.

In the last few months several of our friends have said to us, “I do not know how you handle all of the crap you guys get on the internet.” Most of the time our response to them is, “We do our best to try to ignore it, but it is surprisingly hard.”

I’ll be honest. I was a nerdy kid and I was unpopular and picked on, but I’ve never been bullied the way I’m bullied because of Teahouse. And I’m not exaggerating that, we don’t talk about it much but it’s pretty brutal. I’m positive the same goes for E. And I think the worst thing is that most of it is relatively anonymous and incredibly personal.

We started Teahouse with a dorky sense of humor and an adoration of stupid melodrama. The comic exists because we desperately wanted something fun and different from our superhero gigs. The book was never intended to be taken more seriously than any other BL stories out there because Teahouse is basically our love letter to the BL genre.

We come from superheroes for Christ sake. We just wanted to do a comic about dudes fucking cause THEY NEVER DID IN OUR DAY JOBS. *cry cry*

Teahouse became way bigger than either of us ever expected it to. We had no idea it’d blow up the way it did and with that popularity came a number of incredibly unpleasant surprises.

One of the biggest casualties has been our ability to interact with people and fans. We used to be able to joke around and even engage in serious conversations (not confrontations) but we can’t anymore. I’m not sure when it happened, but at some point people started taking everything, regardless of whether or not it was an obvious joke, seriously. So we hardly interact with people anymore and it super sucks because we used to enjoy it.

There’s this interesting culture of hate on the internet. I don’t know if it’s just that people are angry and feel a relief in releasing their anger online in the form of anonymous online “hate justice” but it’s rough on the receiving end of it. I won’t lie. People seem to think that ugly opinions are the same as constructive criticism and it’s not but there’s no arguing with them about it. They’re not looking for reasons to like you, they’re looking for more reasons to hate you.

I’m 90% positive that most of these people would never say any of this stuff to our faces. I don’t think that it’s because they don’t have the balls, I think it’s because most people genuinely don’t like hurting people. When you say something ugly to someone’s face you see the hurt that you cause. The internet makes it easier because you can do anonymously, over a computer, and feel guiltless. They don’t feel like bad people because they don’t see the results.

So the biggest piece of advice I’ve been giving people interested in web comics recently: “Minimize your response to negative people period. Don’t even try to reason with them. Just ignore it or delete, try not to engage.” Every once in a while we’ll slip up and let something get to us or joke about something that we think is minor (always blows up in our faces, someday we’ll learn) but at this point, that’s how we try deal with all the crap thrown at us. “Ignore, delete, try not to engage.”

Yeah, this makes me feel bad.

• Options
    EncEnc A Fool with Compassion Pronouns: He, Him, HisRegistered User regular
    Dubh wrote: »
    I am intruiged.

00001031.jpg
    The whole gang's here.

A chapter or three back they said they loved each other.

• Options
    edited April 2012
    That I do not recall.

Robot did say that he loved his good friend shadow. Different implications.

Baidol on
  • Options
    UbikUbik oh pete, that's later. maybe we'll be dead by then Registered User regular
    i heard someone needed a judge in here

l8e1peic77w3.jpg

• Options
    568.jpg

EzUAYcn.png
  • Options
    AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    Enc wrote: »
    Dubh wrote: »
    I am intruiged.

00001031.jpg
    The whole gang's here.

A chapter or three back they said they loved each other.

it's a sign 8->

• Options
    UbikUbik oh pete, that's later. maybe we'll be dead by then Registered User regular
    that's an old comic

l8e1peic77w3.jpg

• Options
    is that supposed to be a drawing of liam neeson

• Options
    Ubik wrote: »
    that's an old comic

sorry

20120427.gif

EzUAYcn.png
  • Options
    that's a bad comic

l8e1peic77w3.jpg

• Options
    why would it be better to be jon snow

• Options
    tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    now, when he says 'into horses' ...

• Options
    Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    let me just

bang my head against this table

make the pain go away

wY6K6Jb.gif
  • Options
    also hey

hey teahouse person

I think your comic sucks!

contact me and I will tell you my name and address so we can meet in person and I will tell you in person

• Options
    Skull Man wrote: »
    why would it be better to be jon snow

ryan sohmer envies his curly locks

• Options
    HeadCreepsHeadCreeps NOW IS THE TIME FOR DRINKING! Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Man, Tyrion Lannister's a boss

Don't know what he's complaining about

HeadCreeps on
    vEaRQgH.png
  • Options
    Nerdgasmic wrote: »
    Wait, what has been happening in Gc

We're two pages into the chapter, so vOv

This discussion has been closed.