As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Phallakinetic Finale - Day 9 - WITNESS THE ARMADA'S TRIUMPH

• Options
    TayaTaya Registered User regular
    I haven't been posting much, but I really have nothing to say.

I didn't play the previous games. I didn't even read the previous games. I don't know much about the characters or factions or abilities. I'd love to be able to contribute to the discussion of who to kill first but it's not like we have too many great targets to vote for and we need to narrow it down.

• Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    kime wrote: »
    jdarksun wrote: »
    Peccavi wrote: »
    But I don't care if you're doing crazy backroom deals and makng soft networks in PMs, start fucking talking in the open. You're making it way too easy for mafia to hide.
    Players by number of posts, sorted low to high. Red numbers are below average. Good luck.

One post below average?

NOT ANYMORE
    Wouldn't that just tie you with T_A? making you still be sub-average? :P

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    EdcrabEdcrab Actually a hack Registered User regular
    Spoit wrote: »
    Cayrus wrote: »
    Did we ever figure out what faction, if any, The Ender was in? Cause he had high resistances too, like T_A supposedly does. That probably doesn't connect them, but it might be something to consider.

I asked for a clarification in the thread last night, but as far as I can tell @the supercomputer hasn't responded yet

The Ender's text in the kill list is not in need of alteration.

cBY55.gifbmJsl.png
  • Options
    Eh, even though I still disagree with peccavi's arguments about neutral rather than mafia hunting (which is exactly what the mafia would want us to do :P), Discussion has convinced me that Anialos' empty posts are probably more fruitful a line of inquiry

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Vanilla ate my post....

Basically: we are not so overwhelmed with vote targets that we need to be arguing about who to kill first.

• Options
    PhyphorPhyphor Building Planet Busters Tasting FruitRegistered User regular
    But I don't care if you're doing crazy backroom deals and makng soft networks in PMs, start fucking talking in the open. You're making it way too easy for mafia to hide.
    Players by number of posts, sorted low to high. Red numbers are below average. Good luck.

One post below average?

NOT ANYMORE

Everyone post more! Raise the bar!

• Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    Phyphor wrote: »

One post below average?

NOT ANYMORE

Everyone post more! Raise the bar!

That's not fair!

Anyways, I now have the ability to kill 7 people tonight. You may provide targets publicly or privately, and I accept bribes.

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Options
    SeGaTaiSeGaTai Registered User regular
    I like that the average vote that I'm being compared against is wildly scaled by the number of posts that munkus and TRV have made. Main potential vote target is T_A so far but would like to see what he has to say. Having villagers/neutrals with high defense seems good to keep around but telling everyone what type of damage he is immune to seems to be a sure fire way of making sure someone kills him.

PSN SeGaTai
  • Options
    schussschuss Registered User regular
    Anyways, I now have the ability to kill 7 people tonight. You may provide targets publicly or privately, and I accept bribes.
    Void Slayer, Pharezon, Nirya, tastypastry, That Dave Fella, schuss, Smoove Operator.

I can guarantee you I'm not mafia. I'm not special at all, actually.

• Options
    shalmeloshalmelo sees no evil Registered User regular
    Further: the bottom quartile has the highest concentration of mafia and subfaction. Living members with <= 12 posts: Void Slayer, Pharezon, Nirya, Ringo (not entirely fair), tastypastry, That Dave Fella, schuss.

So. In the Sandman game, jdarksun (a villager) complains at the end of the game about the chasing of inactives:
    jdarksun wrote:
    Crusading against the inactive is a time-honored tradition rooted in idiocy.

And yet in this game, for some reason, he's actively pushing the idea that the mafia is hiding amongst the inactives.

So yeah, like I said yesterday:
    shalmelo wrote:
    jdarksun is acting very strangely this game, and I don't like it, no sir.

jdarksun

Steam ID: Shalmelo || LoL: melo2boogaloo || tweets
  • Options
    schuss wrote: »
    Void Slayer, Pharezon, Nirya, tastypastry, That Dave Fella, schuss, Smoove Operator.

I can guarantee you I'm not mafia. I'm not special at all, actually.

Your role is vanilla and your ability is the ability to be powerless.

• Options
    Only 7?

• Options
    schussschuss Registered User regular
    38thDOE just because Duna got the last mafia. I really have no idea.

• Options
    shalmelo wrote: »
    Further: the bottom quartile has the highest concentration of mafia and subfaction. Living members with <= 12 posts: Void Slayer, Pharezon, Nirya, Ringo (not entirely fair), tastypastry, That Dave Fella, schuss.

So. In the Sandman game, jdarksun (a villager) complains at the end of the game about the chasing of inactives:
    jdarksun wrote:
    Crusading against the inactive is a time-honored tradition rooted in idiocy.

And yet in this game, for some reason, he's actively pushing the idea that the mafia is hiding amongst the inactives.

So yeah, like I said yesterday:
    shalmelo wrote:
    jdarksun is acting very strangely this game, and I don't like it, no sir.

jdarksun
    Do you have a link for that crusading post? All I noticed in a quick skim was:
    Figgy wrote: »
    Figgy' I applaud your ability to suss out low activity villagers. Well done. Maybe tomorrow you can look at how voting for low activity villagers impacts things!

l3lasphemer69 [/colo] for obviously being evil.
    If you're village, I know exactly how it will impact things. Less room for mafia to hide. You seriously can't be annoyed for getting offed after being inactive for two days. You should have been inactivused anyway.

Edit: And for the record, I wanted to move forward on Phyphor today. The rest of the village just saw you as a better target, apparently.
    I'm annoyed that people keep thinking activity is indicative of anything. If I was supposed to be inactivus'd, let it happen. Mafia aren't reliably less active, that's a myth mafia gleefully bandwagon behind.

Cayrus

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Looks like the thread ate another post

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    The AnonymousThe Anonymous Uh, uh, uhhhhhh... Uh, uh.Registered User regular
    It's nice to see that I'm so well-loved. However, it seems I need to correct a few...misguided assumptions about my part to play.

I am part of a chaotic group tasked with eliminating the Renegade. Naturally, this means we are well-prepared to deal with strong adversaries. However, last night I was hit by a significantly powerful attack. As I am a robot (and thus immune to such trivial things as poison and psionics) I would appreciate any repairs and guards sent my way.

In the meantime, you are strongly encouraged to vote for 38thDoe, as he lead the assault on me last night, and our intel suggests his goal is specifically to eliminate us, when our very existence was meant to be secret.

• Options
    AnialosAnialos Collies are love, Collies are life! Shadowbrook ColliesRegistered User regular
    Hmm, that would explain all I know of you. It also hashes with what other have said. How about you 38thDoe? What do you have to say for yourself?

• Options
    I understand T_A trying to spin this onto the 2nd place 38th wagon, but what's up with anialos?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    I'm tasked with eliminating the cult and the chaotic group The Anonymous is part of. Having no idea who those people are and sharing the elimination of the cult with the village, I was just attacking suspicious people. T_A was on my list, and survived my hit. So I tried again with more people.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    AnialosAnialos Collies are love, Collies are life! Shadowbrook ColliesRegistered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Me? You'll notice my initial reasoning and questions were answered. My secondary suspicion that I mentioned earlier is now my vote. /shrug

Edit: So, you are both parts of the competing non-village factions tasked with killing each other? Makes so much sense now. Hmmm, who to vote for. Crap...can't change without making a tie.

Anialos on
  • Options
    Anialos wrote: »
    Me? You'll notice my initial reasoning and questions were answered. My secondary suspicion that I mentioned earlier is now my vote. /shrug

Edit: So, you are both parts of the competing non-village factions tasked with killing each other? Makes so much sense now. Hmmm, who to vote for. Crap...can't change without making a tie.
    You'll have to spell it out for me, as I'm not seeing it in your posts

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    I was doubting T_A was village because of the non-faction specific information I had gathered. That combined with posting and voting records made them my best guess at the time. A few others seemed to agree, while a few pointed out possible gaps in my logic. In one of my posts I asked T_A to explain their position and made it clear I had a second suspicion. T_A has answered the questions from my posts and the information matches that I have gleamed from other sources. My reaction to this was to go with my second choice. Assuming T_A and 38thdoe are being forthright we know the following:

T_A is Chaos with high personal defense, decent attack, and a defense ability.

38thdoe is an Outsider with high enough attack to greatly wound T_A, which make me think high attack.

Since I'd rather be hunting mafia than the other factions at this point, I'm looking for a new vote target. Unfortunately those are the top two votes and separated only by my vote, so I can't switch just yet.

We've also learned when I get bored at work I sometimes use my posts as a thread of consciousness which may or may not be entirely accurate =p.

• Options
    Dunadan019Dunadan019 Registered User regular
    38thDoe wrote: »
    I'm tasked with eliminating the cult and the chaotic group The Anonymous is part of. Having no idea who those people are and sharing the elimination of the cult with the village, I was just attacking suspicious people. T_A was on my list, and survived my hit. So I tried again with more people.

how did you know T_A was a chaotic?

• Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    You are allowed to make a tie. Especially if you make it clear you are just waiting for someone else to vote and then you'll switch....

The Anonymous

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Options
    Well, given that the village seems to be making good strides in eliminating outsiders, but not so much at chaotics...

We should really find a potential mafia target instead, anyway

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Since I'd rather be hunting mafia than the other factions at this point, I'm looking for a new vote target.
    Can I ask why? We've already hit two dudes that came up Outsider. Voting out another of them doesn't put the mafia / Cultist Armada any closer to victory (since they need to outnumber the village / Arcadians), and it does put us closer to our victory condition (eliminate the forces of the Cultist Armada and the (Chaotic or Outsider) sub-faction).

Or am I missing something?

Edit: As opposed to voting out a villager (which furthers the mafia's goals).
    Spoit wrote: »
    Well, given that the village seems to be making good strides in eliminating outsiders, but not so much at chaotics...

We should really find a potential mafia target instead, anyway

Holy crap, I agree with Spoit. Although if we can't find a mafia, it wouldn't hurt to kill off another Outsider.

• Options
    Since I'd rather be hunting mafia than the other factions at this point, I'm looking for a new vote target.
    Can I ask why? We've already hit two dudes that came up Outsider. Voting out another of them doesn't put the mafia / Cultist Armada any closer to victory (since they need to outnumber the village / Arcadians), and it does put us closer to our victory condition (eliminate the forces of the Cultist Armada and the (Chaotic or Outsider) sub-faction).

Or am I missing something?

Edit: As opposed to voting out a villager (which furthers the mafia's goals).

Ok, yeah jdarksun with that contradictory thing about inactivity from this to last thread, combined with how it does bring the mafia victory closer, since the more people they have, the easier it is for them to outnumber the remaining people, and win, whether the remaining people are village, chaotic, or outsiders

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    The AnonymousThe Anonymous Uh, uh, uhhhhhh... Uh, uh.Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    You are allowed to make a tie. Especially if you make it clear you are just waiting for someone else to vote and then you'll switch....

The Anonymous
    kiiiiimeeeeee

The Anonymous on
  • Options
    Really jdark? The mafia typically doesn't care about the composition of the people left. Neutral or villagers, they just need to have a majority of the players left

steam_sig.png
  • Options

Taya - Is Taya

This is a non-serious jokepost right?

• Options
    PeccaviPeccavi Registered User regular
    Possible Mafia: Langly - Melding died to a massive telekinetic attack, just like Gumpy, the narration made it seem like Gumpy was killed by cultists. The only guard that could corroborate Langly's story does the same night? Suspicious (though heavy was attacked by a robot. Doubt the cultists have a robot).

Taya - Is Taya

Ringo - Stever's Law, was Infidel and wasn't killed day 1

God, this is difficult. Very little useable voting history.

• Options
    Yeah... the mafia doesn't care who is left, just that they outnumber everybody

• Options
    WietWiet Mao Mao Registered User regular
    Taya wrote: »

Taya - Is Taya

Well, when's the last time you weren't evil? You're always evil.

XStly.jpg
  • Options
    Phyphor wrote: »
    Yeah... the mafia doesn't care who is left, just that they outnumber everybody
    [Citation needed]

The onus is on you to prove non-standard mafia win conditions

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    PeccaviPeccavi Registered User regular

Taya - Is Taya

Are you saying that you're not Taya?

• Options

Taya - Is Taya

I am certainly Taya. I am under the impression that your post implied that you think I'm suspicious because I'm me.

That's prejudice!

• Options
    PharezonPharezon Struggle is an illusion. Victory is in the Qun.Registered User regular

Taya - Is Taya

I am certainly Taya. I am under the impression that your post implied that you think I'm suspicious because I'm me.

That's prejudice!

But accurate.

jkZziGc.png
  • Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    Dunadan019 wrote: »
    38thDoe wrote: »

how did you know T_A was a chaotic?

My role information told me I needed to take out the Paleon Team and colored it red.
    Later I found out that Paleons are robotic.
    Then I heard T_A was a machine.
    T_A confirmed that he was chaotic and part of a team.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    Voting off a villager instead of an outsider does reduce the amount of people dedicated to a village victory, though.

I mean, not necessarily, but they have different goals and aren't necessarily out to help forever.

• Options
    ShabootyShabooty Registered User regular
    the OP says the mafia only needs to outnumber the arcadians