As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Superman vs Goku: Who would win??

• Options
    Kuribo's ShoeKuribo's Shoe Kuribo's Stocking North PoleRegistered User regular
  • Options
    ButtlordButtlord Fornicus Lord of Bondage and PainRegistered User regular
    Skull Man wrote: »
    Antimatter wrote: »
    also also

i would wager that superman is a better martial artist than goku

goku just kinda

hits things

superman trained with batman who trained with the world's greatest martial artists

I've seen like, three episodes of DBZ and I know that Goku is all about martial arts

bro the fact that you don't know much about it isn't a great endorsement of it as the right opinion

on the other hand i have watched a ton of dbz and also read the first...six volumes? of the dbz part of the manga (which goes up through frieza-ish) and yeah goku's all about fake martial arts

• Options
    balerbowerbalerbower Registered User regular
    although a kind of idiot, non-super hero goku is a lot more charming than super blah clark kent

i mean, the driver's license episode, come on

• Options
    KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    Kwoaru wrote: »
    also also

goku just kinda

hits things

superman trained with batman who trained with the world's greatest martial artists

goku trained with roshi who is a world champion martial artist

I have literally never seen superman do anything but run up to something and hit it

you are totally wrong about this

I'm wrong about what I've seen? If you say he can do things besides hit stuff in the face I'll believe you

but I havent seen it

oh ok let me put that another way

he fights stuff intelligently and competently and is a very well-trained martial artist and demonstrates that a lot

Well I guess I should say I'm basing my opinion mostly on animated stuff, maybe he does do a better job in comic books

but almost every fight in the cartoons is just a slug fest

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    Skull ManSkull Man RIP KUSU Registered User regular
    yeah

he talks about martial arts a lot

but what it actually comes down to, fucking the only thing it comes down to, is "fly at stuff and punch it exactly the same way, super quick and maybe there is a kick"

and you can absolutely argue who's stronger

superman is stronger

period

• Options
    ChicoBlueChicoBlue Registered User regular
    Goku is stronger, though, Skull Man.

Goku is.

Not Superman.

• Options
    yeah I'm basing it more on the seventy years of comics

• Options
    chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Do you think it's trademarked?Registered User regular
    Scolbert wrote: »
    everybody knows the baddest dude in world war 2 was kamo
    Kamo would test all of his new members to make sure that they were up to the task. Kamo would test his new recruits by taking the new recruits to a forest clearing and have them be attacked by fake White army members, bound to a tree, and then put through a fake execution to test their courage.[49] Kamo said that with this test "you could be absolutely sure [your comrades] wouldn't let you down."[50] On one occasion, a recruit revealed himself to a be a spy when tested by Kamo; he was shot on the spot.[50] Kamo then cut open the man's chest and tore out the man's heart showing it to the other recruits.[50] When Lenin heard about Kamo's test, he was so disturbed that he sent a message stating that he never wanted to see him again.[49]

Kinda impossible to be the baddest dude in WWII when you died in 1922.

If we were going with real people, I'd bring up Häyhä.

But in fiction, Frank Rock killed more Nazis than the Eastern Front. He took down Tiger tanks unarmed.

His FIRST appearance, he got hit dead on with a tank shell. Crawled to his feet. And told the rest of Easy to "Get up and fight!"

Then he blew up the tank with a bazooka.

And his career is mostly illustrated by Joe Kubert, who is still one of the best. Steranko, his stuff's slick. Kubert's mostly grit.

• Options
    KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular

well that's cool I guess

I still like goku more

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    admittedly the original dragon ball makes more of goku's actual prowess as a fighter than z does

xmassig2.gif
  • Options
    admittedly the original dragon ball makes more of goku's actual prowess as a fighter than z does

i have not watched/read original dragon ball

ideally when i have another

120 bucks

i'll just finish buying all of the manga and read it straight through

but :effort:

• Options
    yeah I was going to post them but there you go!

• Options
    AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    117620920super.jpg
    235116-supermanmartialarts_super.jpg
    PMd these to skull man to post these for me but just in case he doesnt

superman totally does more than punch

• Options

well that's cool I guess

I still like goku more

ok that's cool

superman would still win

• Options
    TrippyJingTrippyJing Moses supposes his toeses are roses. But Moses supposes erroneously.Registered User regular
    Dichotomy wrote: »
    yeah but in DBZ blowing up planets isn't even a thing

hell didn't ol' brown-hair vegeta get introduced blowing up a planet

no

bug planet

b1ehrMM.gif
  • Options
    Romanian My EscutcheonRomanian My Escutcheon Two of Forks Registered User regular
    Wait, I just realized something.

Is this just Superman and Goku straight up bashing it out, or are they allowed to bring help?

Because I'm pretty sure Superman and Batman together could beat the shit out of the DBZ crew.

[IMG][/img]
  • Options
    balerbowerbalerbower Registered User regular
    goku can just get the dragon balls and wish to be stronger than superman

GAME OVER

• Options
    117620920super.jpg
    235116-supermanmartialarts_super.jpg
    PMd these to skull man to post these for me but just in case he doesnt

superman totally does more than punch

why would you

oh

images work when you're jailed now!

also you aren't allowed ot cite powerless superman from the wedding issue I HAVE THAT ISSUE NO CITING IT

• Options
    UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    The answer is Loki.

Loki would win.

• Options
    DichotomyDichotomy Registered User regular
    when it comes down to it

superman is a guy who fights things because he is a Hero and that is what Heroes do when forced to

goku is a guy who fights things because he fucking loves fighting things, especially challenging opponents

also superman won't land a killing blow and every time goku is beaten he becomes significantly stronger

on a long enough timeline goku is guaranteed to win

0BnD8l3.gif
  • Options
    TrippyJingTrippyJing Moses supposes his toeses are roses. But Moses supposes erroneously.Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    also also

goku just kinda

hits things

You know, they say this, but he never does anything. He trained with Mongol to fight with his powers more effectively. He trains with Batman and others to learn martial arts. There are isolated instances, but it's like 95% of the time he forgets he had the training.

His fights always end up being bar brawls in space.

TrippyJing on
    b1ehrMM.gif
  • Options
    also hey!

spirit bomb doesn't work against the pure of heart

so

that's out the window

• Options
    AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    when it comes down to it

superman is a guy who fights things because he is a Hero and that is what Heroes do when forced to

goku is a guy who fights things because he fucking loves fighting things, especially challenging opponents

also superman won't land a killing blow and every time goku is beaten he becomes significantly stronger

wrong

because on a long enough timeline superman would keep absorbing energy from the sun

• Options

...and the multiple resets?

b1ehrMM.gif
  • Options
    on a long enough timeline goku is going to run out of steam looooooong before superman does

motherfucker needs to eat constantly and he's nowhere near being invulnerable

• Options
    when it comes down to it

wrong

because on a long enough timeline superman would keep absorbing energy from the sun

that doesn't increase his power level though otherwise he would literally be omnipotent at this point

• Options
    chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Do you think it's trademarked?Registered User regular
    when it comes down to it

Haven't you watched martial arts films?

The dude who likes to fight challenging the guy who only fights because he has to ALWAYS gets his shit wrecked. It's the most basic rule of these things.

• Options
    Macro9Macro9 Registered User regular
    when it comes down to it

Someone do the math on how much Goku's power increases after fighting and dying versus Superman as he absorbs more energy.

Given enough time Superman can become godlike. Don't think Goku could match that.

Christ, this is like the third time I've seen this argument on the boards in the last few years.

58pwo4vxupcr.png
  • Options
    UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    @Keith I hope you're proud of what you've done.

You monster.

• Options
    mewtwo would die basically immediately

• Options
    alright but who would win in a three way fight between superman, goku, and mewtwo

xmassig2.gif
  • Options
    alright but who would win in a three way fight between superman, goku, and mewtwo

spider-man

• Options
    edited April 2012
    also kingdom come, where he's invulnerable to kryptonite from prolonged exposure to the yellow sun

Skull Man on
  • Options
    Buttlord wrote: »
    when it comes down to it

wrong

that doesn't increase his power level though otherwise he would literally be omnipotent at this point

Yeah but it does which is why he's considerably more powerful in All-Star Superman.

• Options
    Romanian My EscutcheonRomanian My Escutcheon Two of Forks Registered User regular

Depends on whether or not mind control is legal.

[IMG][/img]
  • Options
    I suspect this is a trap. Keith's account was hacked by Tube. We're all getting permabanned in 6 hours or so.

We really had it coming.

• Options
    Fearghaill wrote: »
    Buttlord wrote: »
    when it comes down to it

wrong

Yeah but it does which is why he's considerably more powerful in All-Star Superman.

which exists outside of normal continuity

see this is why we need to qualify exactly what superman we're talking about

ASS? where he becomes omnipotent by absorbing solar energy

silver age? where he's essentially godlike and just creates new powers when he wants?

or just "man that motherfucker is STRONG" superman

• Options
    The Lovely BastardThe Lovely Bastard Registered User regular
    hey @beasteh

good call

7656367.jpg
  • Options
    ChicoBlueChicoBlue Registered User regular
    In Superman: Red Son he says he can move ten times faster than the speed of thought.

So, take that Goku.

You're going to lose.

• Options
    Macro9Macro9 Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    also kingdom come, where he's invulnerable to kryptonite from prolonged exposure to the yellow sun

Fuck!

Thanks for reminding me that large stacks of my comics (including kingdom come) are at my ex's.

I don't think I want them back badly enough to deal with that shit.

Macro9 on
    58pwo4vxupcr.png
This discussion has been closed.