Options

MSPA: toda reads Scott Pilgrim

• Options
    unintentionalunintentional smelly Registered User regular
    Taya wrote: »
    LOWAS has Doctor. LOLAR has Endless Climb. LOHAC has Atomyk Ebonpyre. I'm not sure about LOFAF; I think there was a song that played when it was first shown but I can't remember. I guess those songs sort of became themes for the kids instead.

frost on album 6

• Options
    Cilla BlackCilla Black Priscilla!!! Registered User regular
    How could you forget Frost

it's one of the best tracks easy

• Options
    Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    Baidol wrote: »
    so guys anyone remember this fan made homestuck flash

it was posted in one of the old threads and it was basically a bunch of words from the comic in different styles and then there were some drawings of the kids

but it was very pretty and it used a Ratatat track

trying to find it but no luck so far

http://browse.deviantart.com/?qh=&section=&global=1&q=snapstuck#/d4aa3lp

yeah

that's cool

wY6K6Jb.gif
  • Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    i've never really cared all that much for frost

like it suits the flash well but when it comes up on my playlist i tend to skip it

• Options
    BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    Frost is the best because the album art is by tynic

• Options
    TayaTaya Registered User regular
    i've never really cared all that much for frost

like it suits the flash well but when it comes up on my playlist i tend to skip it

Yes me too. It's a nice song but not one that I ever want to listen to.

• Options
    BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
  • Options
    AvrahamAvraham Registered User regular
    Beasteh wrote: »
    Frost is the best because the album art is by tynic

naw you're thinking of Frostbite

:bz: :bz: :bzz:
  • Options
    Also Endless Climb is a little hard on the ears. I prefer Endless Climbing or Vertical Motion.

• Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    yeah i was kind of sick of endless climb before the flash it was used in was over

• Options
    GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    Goatmon on
    Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204

• Options
    worksintheoryworksintheory Registered User regular
  • Options
  • Options
    SalSal Damnedest Little Fellow Registered User regular
    How do you guys memorize the names of all these songs

I know Sburban Jungle and like Doctor and that's it

xet8c.gif

• Options
    NerdgasmicNerdgasmic __BANNED USERS regular
    I just know them..?

I mean, I've listened to most of them quite a bit

• Options
    WhytherWhyther Registered User regular
    I follow a fanadventure where all the songs are anthropomorphized and given personalities.

• Options
    Moth 13Moth 13 Registered User regular
    that's ruining, I don't see the metaphorical relationship to devouring.
    That's because he doesn't devour universes at all. "Predation" is where people got the implication, but though it can mean feeding on something, it can also mean ravaging or plundering. This fits in with what we actually know of him, such as being a mob boss, rather than weird fandom ideas.

• Options
    i know the names of most of the ones that actually show up in the story because of my deal with Satan to retain any and all homestuck minutiae

but i'm a lot shakier on titles of songs that are only on the albums

• Options
    i know many names for the good songs on the albums

• Options
    YggiDeeYggiDee The World Ends With You Shill Registered User regular
    Sal wrote: »

I imagine a lot of it depends on how much you listen to the music and in what context. I have a massive 'Homestuck' playlist on my mp3 player so whenever I hear a song I don't recall the name of I make sure to take a look so I can learn it. I feel deeply uncomfortable if I don't know the name of a song I own, it's like I'm letting it down somehow. The hardest ones to memorize are probably all the atmospheric Portal 2 tracks... I'll never sort those fuckers out.

• Options
    the first time i played portal 2 and got to the third act a storm siren was going off in my town

and I thought it was just part of the ambient music of the game

• Options
    SnerkySnerky call me trick the c is silentRegistered User regular
    YggiDee wrote: »
    Sal wrote: »

I imagine a lot of it depends on how much you listen to the music and in what context. I have a massive 'Homestuck' playlist on my mp3 player so whenever I hear a song I don't recall the name of I make sure to take a look so I can learn it. I feel deeply uncomfortable if I don't know the name of a song I own, it's like I'm letting it down somehow. The hardest ones to memorize are probably all the atmospheric Portal 2 tracks... I'll never sort those fuckers out.

Yggi are you...
    are you me?

EYDHoqw.png
  • Options
    Last time I checked we were different people. If this is no longer true, we'll have to battle to the death for full Yggi rights.

• Options
    update

• Options
    Taya.

You're faster than my Update Notifier, which checks every minute.

How are you doing this? ...Are you okay?

• Options
    I would have been faster but I was playing Rune Factory and I had to pause the game, come over to my computer, and find this thread before I could announce it.

• Options
    Are updates beamed directly into your brain, or does Andrew e-mail it to you first?

• Options
    SCREECH OF THE FARGSCREECH OF THE FARG #1 PARROTHEAD margaritavilleRegistered User regular
    taya is the last update

the final seal that spares us from the The Descent

when it breaks, there will be no sanctuary

gcum67ktu9e4.pngimg
  • Options
    Anyway so Jack might not successfully stab all of those guys.

• Options
    Lord_AsmodeusLord_Asmodeus goeticSobriquet: Here is your magical cryptic riddle-tumour: I AM A TIME MACHINERegistered User regular
    edited May 2012
    Well

He has a lot of knives

So he'll certainly try

(I think he might succeed too)

Lord_Asmodeus on
    Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if Labor had not first existed. Labor is superior to capital, and deserves much the higher consideration. - Lincoln
  • Options
    I don't know. The last page seems pretty definite about Jack getting wailed upon.

• Options
    BlueBlueBlueBlue Registered User regular
    Jack of Spades is a really good chess card

Probably can beat 10 of a kind

CD World Tour status:
    Baidol Voprostein Avraham Thetheroo Taya Zerofill Effef Crimson King Lalabox Mortal Sky ASimPerson Sal Wiet Theidar Tynic Speed Racer Neotoma Goatmon ==>Larlar Munkus Beaver Day of the Bear miscellaneousinsanity Skull Man Delzhand Caulk Bite 6 Somestickguy
  • Options
    BlueBlueBlueBlue Registered User regular
    Unless black hasn't castled yet

CD World Tour status:
    Baidol Voprostein Avraham Thetheroo Taya Zerofill Effef Crimson King Lalabox Mortal Sky ASimPerson Sal Wiet Theidar Tynic Speed Racer Neotoma Goatmon ==>Larlar Munkus Beaver Day of the Bear miscellaneousinsanity Skull Man Delzhand Caulk Bite 6 Somestickguy
  • Options
    i do think they mentioned at some point that Jack's pretty strong even without any crazy powerups, he's basically Derse's miniboss

i'm guessing he'll win but he's gonna come out of it pretty battered and bruised

• Options
    BlueBlue wrote: »
    Unless black hasn't castled yet

bad news
    black king and rook are looking at hunk rump together in the corner

• Options
    AvrahamAvraham Registered User regular
    3.jpg

:bz: :bz: :bzz:
  • Options
    I dunno.

Jack gets beaten up a lot.

• Options
    I dunno.

off the top of my head he's gotten his ass kicked by the white queen and doc scratch

kind of makes sense that both of those characters would be stronger than Vanilla Jack

• Options
    I dunno.

off the top of my head he's gotten his ass kicked by the white queen and doc scratch

kind of makes sense that both of those characters would be stronger than Vanilla Jack

Do you count getting his eye gouged and arm ripped off by Snowman as getting beaten up? That makes three. Although your point still stands since she is Snowman.

• Options
    Really it's just that Jack getting beaten up in some way is sort of a theme at this point, and MSPA loves it some themes.

This discussion has been closed.