Options

MSPA: toda reads Scott Pilgrim

• Options
    ThreadbareSockThreadbareSock Registered User regular
    M6oyP.jpg

• Options
    unintentionalunintentional smelly Registered User regular
    Posted on 3 May 2012 by Andrew

That's all there is to see on this website for now! Nothing til next Tuesday at the earliest.

If you are coming to TCAF this weekend, here are the times I am scheduled to appear in the signing area: 10:30-12:30 on Saturday, 3:00-5:00 on Sunday.

• Options
    SeriouslySeriously Registered User regular
    So!

fantrolls

I know you've all been working on them, let us take this weekend to bring them out and compare

constructive criticism only guys

• Options
    unintentionalunintentional smelly Registered User regular
    this is my fantroll his name is kargarykat and he is me and i invented him and i own him and he is mine

• Options
    CrowbawtCrowbawt Member of the Midnight Crew Registered User regular
    I'd like the return update to be Jack having beheaded all those guys but I think he is getting beat up

• Options
    CrowbawtCrowbawt Member of the Midnight Crew Registered User regular
    I just hope this isn't the end of Jailbreakstuck yet

• Options
    Cilla BlackCilla Black Priscilla!!! Registered User regular
    It probably is. But it'll be back later.

• Options
    YggiDeeYggiDee The World Ends With You Shill Registered User regular
    So it turns out that if you get a haircut on the second hot day of the year, and forget your hat at home- your scalp burns

burns

it itchesssss

• Options
    Skull ManSkull Man RIP KUSU Registered User regular
    mine doesn't because I have gorgeous wavy locks flowing down into my forehead like a beautiful laurel wreath proclaiming me king handsome

• Options
    edited May 2012
    I like getting it short for the summer, especially when it starts getting in my eyes and getting tangled in stuff.

But I didn't know it'd be so unseasonably warm! It was 85~ degrees today! For this time of year it usually peaks at 60.

YggiDee on
  • Options
    boy that sounds rough

it was 98 today with 100% humidity

• Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    today we had a high of 60

some light showers in the morning

tomorrow it's supposed to be high of 54

• Options
    Where the hell you live Skullman

• Options
    TayaTaya Registered User regular
    It snowed today.

• Options
    We had a day in March that was 40f higher than average

it's the goddamn climageddon.

• Options
    I didn't go outside today, but it was probably close to whatever skull man had. It's getting way too hot way too quickly down here in the South this year. One day last week I saw on the news that the Atlanta area was 1 degree under setting the record high for this time of year against a temp in 1874 or some such.

• Options
    Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    tumblr_m2shz36Tzh1qcg15so1_500.png
    tumblr_m3f93x5GHz1qcg15so1_500.png

cool

wY6K6Jb.gif
  • Options
    Crimson KingCrimson King Registered User regular
    i am looking at these temperatures and giggling

it's about 22 here in real degrees and i am finding it a bit chilly

• Options
    humidity is a meaningless concept it has never occurred to me that the air could be otherwise

• Options
    Of course the air is always humid

no one claims otherwise

but there are varying levels as human perception and comfort go

• Options
    no i mean like

because the humidity here is always a billion percent i have never realized that walking and swimming are different

i realize that i just took that joke out to the yard and shot in in the head but what are you going to do

• Options
    High humidity? Celsius? Moderate temperatures? Crimson King, are you in BC?

• Options
    Oh I see, yes that makes sense. Growing up in what was basically large amounts of swampland on all sides I too know the pains of constant humidity.

• Options
    YggiDee wrote: »
    High humidity? Celsius? Moderate temperatures? Crimson King, are you in BC?

this is a brilliant yet sadly inaccurate piece of climate deduction

i live in brisbane, australia

22 is quite cold for early autumn

• Options
    edited May 2012
    Oh : ( I wanted to believe I was among fellow Canadians. Australia's cool too, though.

YggiDee on
  • Options
    yggi i hate to have to tell you but there's no such thing as canada

ever seen the truman show? it's like that

• Options
    So this heatwave is The Man shutting down Canada

They're trying to smoke me out

• Options
    ASimPersonASimPerson Cold... and hard.Registered User regular
    Today in Homestuck
    May 4

2009: 2 pages. John decides to open his web browser of choice, TYPHEUS. John apparently has his home page set to http://www.mspaintadventures.com/?s=3, where a new adventure about the MIDNIGHT CREW is beginning.

2010: 2 pages, 1 flash: [ S] WV?: Rise up. We meet the WARWEARY VILLEIN, whose desire of a simple existence as a farmer is constantly interrupted by the eternal skirmish of the BATTLEFIELD. He rallies the forces of PROPSIT and DERSE to his tattered flag to march against the KINGS, who tower over the battlefield. PM?, only just now realizing that she does not have the WHITE QUEEN'S RING, is able to convince the WHITE KING to hand over his CROWN and SCEPTRE anyway. Just then, the plan of the AGENTS springs into action: the SOVEREIGN SLAYER swoops in and decapitates the BLACK KING, gaining his crown, and a HEGEMONIC BRUTE ambushes PM? and separates her from the sceptre.
    The long, detailed version (I've already written several of these and will include them for big flashes):
    5/4/2010 Page 3701
    [ S] WV?: Rise up.
    Audio: "Skaian Skirmish" by Andrew Huo and Toby "Radiation" Fox
    We start with a very simple 3x3 chessboard with a WHITE KING and a BLACK KING moving in eternal stalemate set against a background of clouds. The screen also has 4 orbs in each corner. Then, we see a HARLEQUIN DOLL LESS AN ARM, EYE, AND PART OF ITS HAT move into the top-right orb. The chessboard transforms into a 13x13 grid with various recognizable and unrecognizable pieces on it. The kings continue to tower over the rest. And then, we see a kernel containing a FELINE FACE AND A PRINCESS'S HAT AND TENTACLES move into the top-left orb, and the chessboard becomes a cube. Then, a BIRD WITH A SWORD moves into the bottom-left corner and the cube becomes the BATTLEFIELD - the area in the middle of Skaia where the forces of PROPSIT (white) fight in an eternal struggle that they are yet destined to lose against the forces of DERSE (black). The orbs, of course, represent the same orbs we have seen previous on Propsit and Derse that correspond to what the kids prototyped in the Kernelsprites before entering the Medium. We zoom into the Battlefield. The land retains its chessboard like appearance, even though there are now fields of grass, streams, rolling hills, and the occasional castle off in the distance. We see the forces of Propsit and Derse meet in combat - these forces look, for the most part, like three of the exiles we have already met. They fight with a variety of weapons, from basic swords and bows, to drop ships, battleships, and machine guns. Meanwhile, a peaceful farmer sees his land burned to the ground. The WARWEARY VILLEIN (WV?) looks on, and curses royalty. We cut to the BLACK KING - he towers over the battlefield and he is surrounded by other troops that have turned into hulking, mutated chess pieces. Meanwhile, a freshly minted SOVEREIGN SLAYER - i.e., JACK NOIR - flies overhead, observing the battle. WV?, with his burned and damaged red flag, rallies the troops of both sides, and with his newfound forces marches toward the Black King. Elsewhere, a simple PACREL MISTRESS (PM?) realizes she is missing the WHITE QUEEN'S RING, yet she is still able to reach the White King and gain his CROWN and SCEPTRE. A HEGEMONIC BRUTE waits in ambush. WV? and his impromptu militia reach the Black King, but alas it is then that Jack Noir swoops in and destroys the Black King's Sceptre. Robbed of his power, the Black King shrinks to a more normal size. The Brute then attacks PM?, and she is separated from the Sceptre. Noir beheads the Black King, the White King's Sceptre lands in a nearby stream, and Noir gains the Derse crown for himself, as WV? can only look on in anger.

2011: No update.

• Options
    ASimPersonASimPerson Cold... and hard.Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    On a personal note, this marks about two years of Homestucking for me. [ S] WV?: Rise up was the current update when I noticed the MSPA thread and decided I should give Homestuck a look.

It remains one of my favorite flashes.

ASimPerson on
  • Options
    ButtlordButtlord Fornicus Lord of Bondage and PainRegistered User regular
    so

is it possible to blow up a guy's computer with your brain

killing him in the process

because i'm arguin with a dude who unironically used the phrase "race baiting industry" and that's the only real response to that

• Options
    NeoTomaNeoToma Registered User regular
    Buttlord do you have access bloodfester tomes or dark majjickks?

• Options
    Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    if not then just sign here using this "red ink"

wY6K6Jb.gif
  • Options
    if not then just sign here using this "red ink"

Dick Butts, lord of Buttshire, esq

• Options
    ike I said, I get how it's bad for gay teenagers to have their sexuality used as a description of for something bad or stupid and that's why some think we should stop using those words in certain contexts. But if someone in their 20s or 30s is actually personally offended for themselves over the use of the word *homophobic slur*, then they are giant douchebags and need to grow up. Be offended for young kids in tough situations. Don't act like your life is harder because a hockey goon in some rec league called another player a *homophobic slur*.

LOOK AT THIS

FEEL MY RAGE

FEEL IT

LET IT CONSUUUUUUUUUUUME YOU

• Options
    NerdgasmicNerdgasmic __BANNED USERS regular
    yesss, tell us all your opinions on this subject

• Options
    Mortal SkyMortal Sky queer punk hedge witchRegistered User regular
    tumblr_m3ht0zPbo61qcvzm2o1_500.png
    So this is a fanart I got one of my tumblr buddies to do
    more clochestuck is on the way

• Options
    get them to draw karkat in a cloche

the cloche infuriates him

• Options
    Mortal SkyMortal Sky queer punk hedge witchRegistered User regular
    This could happen, yeah.

• Options
    TayaTaya Registered User regular
    I have a Betty Crocker cake mix. I think I will listen to March of the Batterwitch, bake a cake, and then maybe take over the world if there's time.

• Options
    do it in blackface

This discussion has been closed.