Options

Game of Thrones 2nd ed. - Game 1 - My kingdom for a barrel

• Options
    sartorisartori WA, USARegistered User regular
    edited May 2012
    Y'know, I've been out for two days unable to make sure things get posted correctly by our host, so I will just say the following: whatever decision is made about this - I will not lose sleep over it, regardless of who is affected by the result. I will watch how my orders are interpreted like a three-eyed raven from now on (when I am able to), so can we just please move on?

sartori on
  • Options
    Mr. Mojo RisinMr. Mojo Risin Registered User regular
    Meh I placed my orders to Mr. body last night and said I would go through with them this morning , shit happens.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    MrBodyMrBody Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    West Summer Sea battle

Tyrell strength = 3
    Martell strength = 3

Tyrell plays Margaery Tyrell: +1, 1 fortification
    Martell plays Obara Sand: +2, 1 sword

Tyrell final strength = 4
    Martell final strength = 5

Martell wins. No casualties. Tyrell must choose a retreat destination.

As soon as that is done, Tyrell then Stark to resolve their special consolidate power orders (muster or money). Feel free to do it out of order if you don't care what the other person does.

MrBody on
  • Options
    Retreat ship to the Redwyne Straits.

I'll use the special consolidate power order to muster a ship in the Redwyne Straits and a footman at Oldtown.

• Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    Muster foot to White Harbor.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    Turn 2 - Consolidate power

Tyrell gains 2 power
    Baratheon gains 4 power

• Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    Just to clarify: You cannot drink that power sire.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    First comes the money, then comes the power, then comes the women, then comes the brothel, then comes the money again.

• Options
    Turn 3 - Influence tracks bid

It's that time again!

Available power:

Baratheon - 5
    Tyrell - 2
    Martel - 1
    Lannister] - 0
    Greyjoy - 0
    Stark - 0

PM Iron Throne bids to me

• Options
    The Lannisters may have killed my raven. Did you get my bid?

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    jakobaggerjakobagger LO THY DREAD EMPIRE CHAOS IS RESTORED Registered User regular
    Well, that's just great. Why did I go to all the trouble of buying this stupid throne, again? Further proof you should never pay the gold price for things.

• Options
    I have received no bids.

• Options
    StyyxStyyx Registered User regular
    This turn is making me cringe already. : (

• Options
    DarianDarian Yellow Wizard The PitRegistered User regular
    MrBody wrote: »
    I have received no bids.

I, however, have received a bid.

• Options
    I would just like to take this opportunity to express my OUTRAGE that Peter Dinklage gets the 2nd worst card in the game.

• Options
    jakobaggerjakobagger LO THY DREAD EMPIRE CHAOS IS RESTORED Registered User regular
    What? Tyrion is a great card in the right situation. A key factor though is that you don't have to use his effect, if your opponent plays a low card you can let him keep it. But if your opponent only has one card left you can cancel it completely.

• Options
    "If your opponent only has one card left" is about the only situation he's useful for. Otherwise his ability is pretty much a benefit to your opponent. Being able to pick your house card after your opponent is awesome! Take a look at Greyjoy's Damphir card. He's zero and you have to pay two power for the privilege of what Peter Dinklage hands you for free! It's not even like you can force your opponent to play a crappy card since even crappy cards tie or exceed Pete's strength. Maybe if your opponent is down to one good card and one bad card and you outnumber him in pre-card strength? Too many ifs.

Of course, Catelyn Stark is the worst.

• Options
    Sometimes a battle can only be won by your opponent with one particular card, even though he has others on hand - that's the time to use Tyrion. But sure, he's not the best card, and Lannister generally gets shafted (Kevan and Clegane are both great though). Catelyn is my least favourite, but she's not terrible either, and of course Stark can often just alternate between Roose and Eddard (Patchface is the obvious counter) so it doesn't matter as much.

• Options
    Yeah I think Stark gets the best set overall, so it makes sense that they at least make their 0 card the weakest.

• Options
    Turn 3 - Iron throne bid

Everyone bids 0!

Current throne holder
    Greyjoy gets to determine the entire order!

• Options
    We're so eager to rule the kingdom that no one wants to rule the kingdom!

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    Brilliant.

From first to last: Greyjoy (obviously) - Stark - Lannister - Tyrell - Martell - Baratheon.

• Options
    Turn 3 - Fiefdom track bid

Available power:

Baratheon - 5
    Tyrell - 2
    Martel - 1
    Lannister] - 0
    Greyjoy - 0
    Stark - 0

PM bids to me

• Options
    edited May 2012
    Turn 3 - Fiefdom bid

Baratheon bids 1

Everyone else bids 0

Current throne holder
    Greyjoy gets to determine the rest of the order.

Go ahead and PM your Kings Court bid if you don't care about waiting.

Available power:

Baratheon - 4
    Tyrell - 2
    Martel - 1
    Lannister] - 0
    Greyjoy - 0
    Stark - 0

MrBody on
  • Options
    This is gonna be a great turn. I think I'll celebrate with some boar hunting.

• Options
    From first to last: Greyjoy - Lannister - Stark - Martell - Tyrell.

• Options
    edited May 2012
    Turn 3 - King's Court bid

Baratheon - 3
    Tyrell - 1
    Martel - 1
    Lannister] - 0
    Greyjoy - 0
    Stark - 0

Greyjoy to determine order of ties.

MrBody on
  • Options
    From first to last: Martell-Tyrell-Greyjoy-Stark-Lannister. Now let's see Doran steal the Raven.

• Options
    edited May 2012
    Turn 3 - Order Phase

turn3justboard.jpg

Large board + cards

PM orders. No defense orders allowed this turn.

The Story thus far
    The taxes from wealthy King's Landing had poured in and left just as quickly from the coffers of Stannis Baratheon. He had finally made the final payments on his new war room table. This was turning out to be the most expensive fire goddess priestess he had ever had. But what was he to do? Brienne was the only other woman in the kingdom. Yikes!

Down south, the people of houses Martel and Tyrell munched popcorn as they watched the inconclusive but tantalizing cat fight between Obara and Margaery. The Martel desert was only the 2nd hottest thing that day.

In the midlands, House Greyjoy had grown bored with amassing ships and had taken to raising horses on the mainland. Watching them gallop and prance through the castles made all your worries go away.

House Lannister had finished constructing the world's tallest drink coaster in Lannisport, though it sure was a pain climbing the entire tower every time you wished to fetch your ale flagon.

In the lands of the white wolf, winter was coming...and coming and coming and coming. Some say it would never get here. After their furthest foray south, it had taken the kingdom weeks to stop giggling over jokes of "the fingers in the narrow sea". An army was mustered to finally enforce the public breastfeeding laws of The Eyrie, but was stalled when Admiral Beavis was distracted by a flaming torch thrown by Baratheon. Fire! Fire! Stamping out disturbing motherhood would have to wait.

(correction: Tyrell should have 3 supply, not 2)

MrBody on
  • Options
    Orders sent.

• Options
    StyyxStyyx Registered User regular
    Orders sent.

I have a feeling this is going to be a very unfun turn.

• Options
    You'd be fine if they had an accurate card for Peter Dinklage.
    Tyrion Lannister
    The mere mention of Tyrion's name causes men to cower in fear and women to become pregnant.

• Options
    Orders sent.

• Options
    Mr. Mojo RisinMr. Mojo Risin Registered User regular
    Orders in

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Orders in.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    Turn 3 - Action Phase

turn3justboard.jpg

Shipbreaker Bay was a raid order but the raven changed it to a March + 1.

Raids: No valid targets except Storm's End canceling out Kingswood.

March:
    Greyjoy is up.

• Options
    edited May 2012
    Knight from Flint's Finger to Riverrun (lose control of Flint's Finger since I don't have any power).

Edit: one thing: defense orders are illegal this turn, so what should we do with Stark's orders in Winterfell and Moat Cailin? In my RL group we just remove illegal orders, and I think that's the most fair way to do it. Anyway, as far as I can tell, there's no possibility of those defense orders having an effect this turn anyway.

jakobagger on
  • Options
    jakobagger wrote: »
    Knight from Flint's Finger to Riverrun (lose control of Flint's Finger since I don't have any power).

Edit: one thing: defense orders are illegal this turn, so what should we do with Stark's orders in Winterfell and Moat Cailin? In my RL group we just remove illegal orders, and I think that's the most fair way to do it. Anyway, as far as I can tell, there's no possibility of those defense orders having an effect this turn anyway.

Crap I'm dumb, I'm okay living with no orders there.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    Oh my god did I just forget a rule that I had just reminded everyone not to forget again?

Yeah just ignore/remove it. The "must place an order everywhere" rule is pretty much for the sake of the physical version to have a face down order counter everywhere so people aren't tipped off. No big if it's illegal.

Except the punch in the arm that someone has to give Doe.