As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

HULK SMASH PUNY BOX OFFICE RECORDS!

• Options
    Dex DynamoDex Dynamo Registered User regular
    Dex Dynamo wrote: »
    Seriously, we all need to take a moment and contemplate the fact that there is a movie coming out based on the Avengers, built on the billion-dollar backs of the somehow-successful Thor, Captain America, and two Iron Man movies.

Honestly, I remember being in middle school, and telling my friends this was impossible.

I refuse to allow this steady creep of ignoring the Norton Hulk movie.

You are correct. I don't know what I was thinking; Norton Hulk is actually one of my favorites of the bunch.

• Options
    HitsuraptorHitsuraptor Registered User regular
    Wait there was an after after credit scene? Damn I missed it, I only saw the first one

Also the movie was great

Hulk is the best

Movie spoilers
    for real movie spoilers
    The part where loki is talking shit and Hulk just wrecks him was so great, only thing was everyone was still laughing in the cinema so I missed what Hulk says
    And man I hope there's more scenes of Banner and Stark just talking shit, they where so great together

• Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    @Yaya

were there 2 after-credits scenes like some reports say? If so what the fuck is the second one.

Every single person I have asked about it left before the credits were totally over

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    nightmarennynightmarenny Registered User regular
    Blankzilla wrote: »
    @Yaya

were there 2 after-credits scenes like some reports say? If so what the fuck is the second one.

Every single person I have asked about it left before the credits were totally over

Who the fuck does that?

This is why you Europeans get our movies late.

You don't even watch them right!

Quire.jpg
  • Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    Seriously, we all need to take a moment and contemplate the fact that there is a movie coming out based on the Avengers, built on the billion-dollar backs of the somehow-successful Thor, Captain America, and two Iron Man movies.

Honestly, I remember being in middle school, and telling my friends this was impossible.

Good luck. I've been trying to convince people the Ang Lee Hulk movie wasn't that bad for years now.

• Options

Good luck. I've been trying to convince people the Ang Lee Hulk movie wasn't that bad for years now.
    Except the Norton movie is good!

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    GustavGustav Friend of Goats Somewhere in the OzarksRegistered User regular

Dude. High Five. I thought The Hulk was pretty alright.

Though, I didn't like The Incredible Hulk very much at all.

aGPmIBD.jpg
  • Options
    Helpless RockHelpless Rock Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    I think just 5 years ago I would have called anyone a raving lunatic if if they said in 2012 there would be an Avengers movie staring Robert Downy Jr., Chris Evans, Scarlet Johannsen, Mark Ruffalo, Samuel L. Jackson, and three other up and coming big names in movies. And it'll be directed by Joss Whedon., you know. The guy who did Buffy.

Fuck, that is happening now I think it's still lunacy.

Amazing, brilliant, thank you for doing it and doing it well, lunacy.

Helpless Rock on
    WT83sWz.jpg
    Steam: Car1gt // Tumblr // Facebook // Twitter
  • Options
    You didn't like the Hulk movie that ends in a city-wide brawl and instead favor the one where he throws a rock at a cloud and then, I don't know, it ended?

Quire.jpg
  • Options
    Gustav wrote: »

Dude. High Five. I thought The Hulk was pretty alright.

Though, I didn't like The Incredible Hulk very much at all.

My brother.

clasp.jpg

• Options
    I think just 5 years ago I would have called anyone a raving lunatic if if they said in 2012 there would be an Avengers movie staring Robert Downy Jr., Chris Evans, Scarlet Johannsen, Mark Ruffalo, Samuel L. Jackson, and three other up and coming big names in movies. And it'll be directed by Joss Whedon., you know. The guy who did Buffy.

5 years ago people would think it was a low budget cash grab if you showed them the cast list.

Quire.jpg
  • Options
    Dex DynamoDex Dynamo Registered User regular

5 years ago people would think it was a low budget cash grab if you showed them the cast list.

Oh yeah, that cast list sounds admittedly pretty shabby five years ago

Even if it sounds perfect now

• Options
    Helpless RockHelpless Rock Registered User regular
    edited April 2012

Exactly! I've been losing my shit since the first time they mentioned they are linking all the Marvel movies together. Just that alone was fucking bonkers. Even when concrete rumors of an Avengers movie were being brought up I still thought it wasn't going to actually happen. That's a comic book nerds movie dream.

And I'm going to actually be watching it next week. Holy shit. That still blows my mind, and it will be slowly exploding until after I see it and even then I'm not sure I'm going to believe it actually happened.

Helpless Rock on
    WT83sWz.jpg
    Steam: Car1gt // Tumblr // Facebook // Twitter
  • Options
    You know I find AVENGERS/POTENTIAL FUTURE MARVEL MOVIES SPOILERS
    the fact that we are getting Thanos and probably The Guardians of the Galaxy in a fucking film even more insane than The Avengers.

Not to say the fact that Avengers is actually happening isn't totally nuts, it is. But what's in the spoilers up there? If you told me that was gonna happen a year ago, or even like 6 months ago I would have called you completely delusional.

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Vann DirasVann Diras Registered User regular
    guys jesus

this week's Ultimates comic

what the fuck is going on in that book

i mean it is incredible and i love it, but wow

• Options
    You didn't like the Hulk movie that ends in a city-wide brawl and instead favor the one where he throws a rock at a cloud and then, I don't know, it ended?

For whatever reason I just couldn't get into the Abomination/Hulk fight. It all kind of felt a little too video gamey too me. And as much as I love Ultimate Destruction, I don't need to watch it in high-res.

All and all, It all just felt very phoned in. The design of the Hulk was too veiny and extreme. Liv Tyler versus Jennifer Connolly. John Hurt versus Sam Elliot. And even Edward Norton just wasn't there for me. It was a total movie by design and kind of boring. The Ang Lee film isn't great by any measure, but it was at least interesting. And I like interesting failures more than the safer option.

Don't get me wrong though. The Hulk is the part I'm most excited about in the Avengers.

aGPmIBD.jpg
  • Options
    THAT SPOILER THAT YOUR TALKING ABOUT BLANK.
    Still feels bizarre to me. I didn't blink at all when I found out Thanos would be a villain in a movie. As long as he looks cool and is interesting to watch people will go to see Avengers 2 by title alone. But the Guardians of the Galaxy? I've heard of those guys like, three months ago.

Quire.jpg
  • Options
    My perfect Hulk film would involve MODOK.

But then, I would shoehorn MODOK into a lot of things if I could.

• Options
    Granted, my perfect Hulk film wouldn't really have him fighting a comic villain. It would just be a total monster movie romp with just Hulk. CGI on CGI fights never work for me.

aGPmIBD.jpg
  • Options
    HitsuraptorHitsuraptor Registered User regular
    Think my post got eaten somehow, I didn't realise there was a second scene after the credits, I only saw the first one (and most of the cinema emptied out before that one)

Movie was great though and Hulk is the best

Not really a spoiler, but I'll tag it anyway
    Man I hope there's more scenes with Banner and Stark talking shit/hanging out, they where so great together

• Options
    edited April 2012
    Vann Diras wrote: »
    guys jesus

this week's Ultimates comic

what the fuck is going on in that book

i mean it is incredible and i love it, but wow

Well we finally know what's up with the future "Cap taking a Leadership role in America" thing.
    Honestly now that its done it seems like it was inevitable.

Europe engulfed and destroyed.

China's government overturned.

America wasn't going to hold on in the same old way.

It's just amazing that every time I worry that they might take a step back to a more boring safe world they go the opposite.

Shit.

nightmarenny on
    Quire.jpg
  • Options
    Holy shit I didn't even think about the implications of what Cap is going to do

oh man that is going to be the best fucking thing

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    what can the Ultimates even do against a threat like Ultimate Reed Richards

• Options
    Seriously, Ultimate Reed Richards might be the most effective supervillain I have ever seen

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    I haven't picked up my issue yet. Could someone tell me what Reed does with Hulk? Is he just gonna let Banner hang around his perfect utopia?

Cause I think i'd be cool if he put some of Gal-Lak_Tus's stuff to make a silver surfer and pseudo Defenders team.

Quire.jpg
  • Options
    I haven't picked up my issue yet. Could someone tell me what Reed does with Hulk? Is he just gonna let Banner hang around his perfect utopia?

Cause I think i'd be cool if he put some of Gal-Lak_Tus's stuff to make a silver surfer and pseudo Defenders team.
    Yeah it looks like Hulk is pretty firmly on Reed's side now.

HULK SMASH AMERICA is spoken.

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    Well sure. What I'm worried about is Reed. He seems to steam roll everything whether he really needs to or not. He could have taken in the people of the various European nations but he wiped them out. He seems completely uninterested maybe even strongly against the idea of conversion.

Hell he only let Falcon in so he could go back to America and tell everyone how screwed they are.

The only friendly hand he's ever extended has been to perhaps the one thing on earth he isn't sure he can take down. So what happens if he finds a way to beat the Hulk?

Is Reed really on Hulks side?

nightmarenny on
    Quire.jpg
  • Options
    YaYaYaYa Decent. Registered User regular
    @Yaya

negative

• Options
    Well then

I wonder what the hell they were filming that night after the premiere

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    It was rumored it might be a scene within the movie.

Or America might get a special scene.

nightmarenny on
    Quire.jpg
  • Options
    That would definitely make up for having to wait to get a movie in which Captain America plays a starring role.

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Well then

you know it's possible that they didn't have time to get it into the Australian/European prints because we got it so much earlier

just spitballin', but I can see it as a possibility

• Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    well I'm seeing it at midnight (just bought tickets tonight)

so I guess I'll stick around and see for myself

• Options
    Sir PlatypusSir Platypus Registered User regular
    Well then

http://www.superherohype.com/news/articles/170299-marvels-kevin-feige-on-extra-avengers-filming-and-what-is-coming

From the article:

"I will tell you this: It was not a scene. It was not a scene. There's little things. It's been blown out of proportion. Which is fun, I like that things are blown out of proportion. Sometimes they’re true sometimes they're not." He was also asked if there will be any changes to the current cut of the film. He said: "There is the potential that there will be one little change. People might not even notice it. It's not a big thing."

• Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular

Hear hear!

Though, financially, it was the worst out of all five movies. But a lot.

• Options
    Harry DresdenHarry Dresden Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Weaver wrote: »
    Re: The current IM story arc
    Damnit U.S. Government, how do you collaborate with the Mandarin twice?
    The Marvel U.S government has done some incredibly stupid things over the decades. Red Skull was the Secretary of Defense once under an alias, they promoted Norman Osborn to run both their Thunderbolts program and HAMMER then there's Harry Trask and his Sentinel program created to hunt mutants. Is Weapon X a U.S. program or a Canadian one? Cap discovered a high ranking official (who was implied to be Richard Nixon IIRC) running a conspiracy which broke his faith in the government to quit being Cap for a while.

Harry Dresden on
  • Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    The Marvel U.S government has done some incredibly stupid things over the decades. Red Skull was the Secretary of Defense once under an alias, they promoted Norman Osborn to run both their Thunderbolts program and HAMMER then there's Harry Trask and his Sentinel program created to hunt mutants. Is Weapon X a U.S. program or a Canadian one? Cap discovered a high ranking official (who was implied to be Richard Nixon IIRC) running a conspiracy which broke his faith in the government to quit being Cap for a while.

Wasn't
    the red skull thing while the Skull was running around in a cloned version of Caps' body.. so like nobody could possibly recognize him as the Red Skull?

• Options
    Harry DresdenHarry Dresden Registered User regular
    edited April 2012

Wasn't
    the red skull thing while the Skull was running around in a cloned version of Caps' body.. so like nobody could possibly recognize him as the Red Skull?
    No, it wasn't. I think it was in Geoff Johns' arc on Avengers. That was his Dell Rusk alias IIRC.

Harry Dresden on
  • Options
    guys I just need to say

I was concerned about the amount of smashing in this movie

but this movie more than fulfilled the smashing quota

• Options
    Crimson KingCrimson King Registered User regular
    looking forward to the inevitable mark ruffalo hulk movie

i am so glad somebody finally figured out what to do with bruce banner

This discussion has been closed.