As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

D'aww [chat]

• Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    Jacobkosh wrote: »
    Gooey wrote: »
    i really wish they would make another system shock

i remember SS1 being this really lengthy cat and mouse sort of game, where shodan would do A, and i would stop A, then shodan would try B, and i would stop b, and so on

SS2 just blew my fucking mind at you-know-what-part

I would settle for a remake

like, I don't get how hard it could possibly be: the actual gameplay, in terms of the shit you do, is pretty modern. it's just shitty graphics and controls. but it's got crouching and going prone and throwable objects and so forth. it's fully voiced. just remake the levels in Unreal, add controller support and sell on xbox live for fifteen bucks or whatever and it would be a winner.

Fuck it, put it in the damn Crytech engine for my PC. Make the damn zombie monkeys hyper realistic.

I may never sleep again but it would be so worth it.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    AresProphetAresProphet Registered User regular
    Feral wrote: »
    Pony wrote: »

I've come to the realization today that my constant level of physical pain has created a horrendous combo platter with a pretty major depressive episode I've been in since late February. Contrary to the position I generally held, this level of physical pain (due to rheumatoid arthritis mostly but also a lifetime of bad personal decisions as well as nerve damage from having the Shingles and a stroke) does not become "white noise" that my brain naturally filters out.

Man I had shingles thanks to a suppressed immune system. It was hell. Constant unmitigated pain for weeks on end, livened only by brief spikes of even worse agony. I used to laugh when I heard those ads on the PA in the supermarket about shingles vaccinations if you're over 60. Now, as soon as I'm eligible for them I'm going to fucking get one. Two if I have to. I never want shingles again.

I have a lot of sympathy for you. I got myself addicted to opioid painkillers for a few months because of it and that kicking that habit was, shall we say, fun.

Having been in your shoes for a brief period I hope you pull through it fine. Chronic daily pain is something you eventually think you're just used to but it does impact your life in a profound way, it's just that most people are too nice and/or afraid to say anything about it. Me, I didn't find out what an asshole I was until after the fact. You're in a better place already and you have my support.

The sad thing is that shingles pain is neuropathic in nature, and opioids are less effective on neuropathic pain than they are on pain from muscular problems or injuries. :/

So doctors (usually ER doctors or GPs) prescribe opioids at typical doses (say, 5mg of vicodin twice per day), but they don't work as well as expected which leads people to take more...

:P

Well the thing is, percocet didn't do much of anything for the actual pain. It just made me high enough to not fucking care.

I had the initial prescription from wisdom tooth removal (that was rather complicated) and when my doctor refused the first time to give me more because of the shingles pain I lied to him in order to get more.

It wasn't actually that sketch in reality, but as long as I keep telling myself it played out that way I know I'll never pull that shit again. I have real, intermittent pains from a tangentially-related condition on a daily basis but it's low-grade and ibuprofen is usually enough. I still keep a couple percocet around for when it isn't but I only need one maybe every couple weeks.

But for a while, it was 2-3 a day or I couldn't even function.

ex9pxyqoxf6e.png
  • Options
    GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular
    fuck those stupid monkeys

jesus i watched that part in an LP a while back and i thought i was going to jump out of my skin

919UOwT.png
  • Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    Mazzyx wrote: »

i remember SS1 being this really lengthy cat and mouse sort of game, where shodan would do A, and i would stop A, then shodan would try B, and i would stop b, and so on

like, I don't get how hard it could possibly be: the actual gameplay, in terms of the shit you do, is pretty modern. it's just shitty graphics and controls. but it's got crouching and going prone and throwable objects and so forth. it's fully voiced. just remake the levels in Unreal, add controller support and sell on xbox live for fifteen bucks or whatever and it would be a winner.

Fuck it, put it in the damn Crytech engine for my PC. Make the damn zombie monkeys hyper realistic.

I would be okay with this too!

• Options
    Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    1335145809626.jpg

vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    GGSV0.jpg

• Options
    Caveman PawsCaveman Paws Registered User regular
    you could say the gspot is actually the same nerve cluster as the clitoris but it's certainly an erogenous zone that exists

This is my hypothesis.

There's a very thin mass of dense fatty tissue just behind the clitoris, in front of the vaginal wall.

On the other side (the front side) of the clitoris? The pubic bone.

So the gspot is the area of the vaginal wall that if you put pressure on it, it sandwiches the clitoris between the dense tissue and the pubic bone.

I just feel for the "rough" patch.

• Options
    EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular
    how long did it take you to train that cat to suck that banana

"and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
  • Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    2343d1316633056-your-favourite-cartoon-character-muttley_laugh.jpg

• Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    Organichu wrote: »
    18 year old Chu: hmmm... this bit here, in slightly and up... feels spongy... and her wetness seems to correlate directly with how much attention I pay to it...

YES.

Slide your finger in about a half inch or so and curl the fingertip upwards, right?

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    Widget is the cutest.

Cass's cats are pretty cute too.

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

• Options
    edited April 2012
    this is my kitty like 6 years ago

DSCN1091.jpg

Gooey on
    919UOwT.png
  • Options
    EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular
    18 year old Chu: hmmm... this bit here, in slightly and up... feels spongy... and her wetness seems to correlate directly with how much attention I pay to it...

YES.

Slide your finger in about a half inch or so and curl the fingertip upwards, right?

Who doesn't do this?

"and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
  • Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    SS2 is the only game I have played where I had to stop playing at night. My old high school style of gaming was in my room alone with headphones on.

Yeah, I didn't sleep well for a while after the first set of monkeys.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    Mazzyx wrote: »

You've all tried the System Shock 2 HD mod, right?

NSFW

http://www.moddb.com/mods/system-shock-rebirthhigh-poly-pack/images/exampel-screen3

• Options
    Casual EddyCasual Eddy The Astral PlaneRegistered User regular
    AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

I had a huge meal and I have a big case of anxiety and also euphoria from developments today

I want to go sprinting until I die

hahaha

what's up?

I got my grades back and I get to stay in my honours program and I lost fifteen pounds and it's Aaron's birthday and my mom paid for him to go out for dinner and I have most of what I need to start work on the Oathkeeper statuette but I gotta get some greenstuff and I'm going dancing next Friday but I might need new shoes and I don't know what to wear and it's Aaron's birthday so I should probably make him ejaculate but I'm so jittery and jumpy and ghrhaghagokheroihaf

: D

• Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    I really liked the power progression in the System Shock games. It was a really satisfying curve. They basically start out as survival horror, where you are a tremendous pussy and even basic enemies are better off avoided. And then you trade in your lead pipe for a gun with three bullets, and things start to look up a bit. You win a fight or two. And then you find an upgrade, and suddenly you hit a bit harder or have more HP or something. And then a little later you find an assault rifle. And so on and so forth, till, without quite realizing it, you make the transition from prey to predator.

• Options

YES.

well i wouldn't say i 'feel' for it, exactly

i put on my spelunking gear, i get my helmet with the attached light, and i get in there and take care of business

• Options
    I can see Gooey's kitty. He's a grey tabby looking kind of derpy.

• Options
    it's working for me?

either way i can see my kitty right here next to me so neener neener

919UOwT.png
  • Options
    ronyaronya Arrrrrf. the ivory tower's basementRegistered User regular
    this is my kitty like 6 years ago

DSCN1091.jpg

"this image or video has been moved or deleted"

aRkpc.gif
  • Options
    i put on my spelunking gear, i get my helmet with the attached light, and i get in there and take care of business

Word.

• Options
    My favorite title in City of Heroes was "Spelunker."

Just throwing that out there.

• Options
    I really liked the power progression in the System Shock games. It was a really satisfying curve. They basically start out as survival horror, where you are a tremendous pussy and even basic enemies are better off avoided. And then you trade in your lead pipe for a gun with three bullets, and things start to look up a bit. You win a fight or two. And then you find an upgrade, and suddenly you hit a bit harder or have more HP or something. And then a little later you find an assault rifle. And so on and so forth, till, without quite realizing it, you make the transition from prey to predator.

that is until you are in a room full of monkeys jacob

919UOwT.png
  • Options
    simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular
    puG6U.jpg

My old cat, Bella, circa 2004 or so?

• Options
    spelunker

i hardly even know her

919UOwT.png
  • Options
    wanderingwandering Russia state-affiliated media Registered User regular
    It's a shame that cavers consider "spelunker" a dirty word. It's a pretty great word!

• Options
    sometimes skittles like to be drawn like one of my french girls

293525_2358521453449_1562668022_2530027_419025398_n.jpg

• Options
    wandering wrote: »
    It's a shame that cavers consider "spelunker" a dirty word. It's a pretty great word!

It's a pretty dirty word.

• Options
    Caveman PawsCaveman Paws Registered User regular

It is the sound that a heavy turd makes as it slips into the water of the toilet. *Spelunk*

• Options

they do? what a pack of prima donnas! spelunker is a great word.

• Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    wow, glee filled cass gave me a boner

BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options

294892_10150331852371967_586946966_9475490_6511690_n.jpg

• Options

that is until you are in a room full of monkeys jacob

nah

you'd think the psychic monkeys would've seen my laser sword coming :3

• Options
    399726_271529469570537_158857410837744_744199_345490081_n.jpg

• Options

294892_10150331852371967_586946966_9475490_6511690_n.jpg

wtf link nsfw stuff you idiots

919UOwT.png
  • Options
    Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    Variable wrote: »

wat

• Options
    I don't get to smugface about too many games but I basically bestrode System Shock like a golden colossus

• Options
    m7KZN.jpg?1

• Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    Variable wrote: »

wat
    weird I guess but I just mean I'm happy you seem happy

BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
This discussion has been closed.