As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Transformers] Bay4mers dooms humanity in 2014.

• Options
    mightyspacepopemightyspacepope Registered User regular
    Been looking into Sky Byte since he's popping up in RiD soon.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DplkFnLBNCA

I skipped RiD the cartoon because it always seemed sucktacular, but why did no one tell me it had a flying, singing robotic shark?

I just spent $15 to get my hands on this bad boy.

• Options
    DichotomyDichotomy Registered User regular
    I skipped RiD the cartoon because it always seemed sucktacular

cue indignant @antimatter

0BnD8l3.gif
  • Options
    AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    I will end all RID haters

Between Sky-Byte, Scourge, Side Burn, the rail team, Ultra Magnus and Omega Prime, RID was a fun cartoon, if silly
    Helluva contrast to beast machines

The repaints of the toy line were great too

• Options
    I kinda want a rid megatron

if only for the giant hand mode

0BnD8l3.gif
  • Options
    Dichotomy wrote: »
    I kinda want a rid megatron

if only for the giant hand mode
    :Winky:

• Options
    ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    I found new Bot Shots today. Picked up Mirage and Brawl. Brawl looks surprisingly nice, even though I wasn't sure about him at first. Mirage is an amazing blue. The same blue as this tiny Cyberverse Evac I grabbed. He's actually a great toy, looks good in both modes, simple transformation.

No new Prime Deluxes yet, I had them check for me and everything.

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    143999143999 Tellin' ya not askin' ya, not pleadin' with yaRegistered User regular
    Has BBTS always done the thing where you can only get the shortpacked one in a wave when it first comes out via a 3-pack?

Because blarg, that's annoying.

8aVThp6.png
  • Options
    SchideSchide Yeoh! Registered User regular
    143999 wrote: »
    Has BBTS always done the thing where you can only get the shortpacked one in a wave when it first comes out via a 3-pack?

Yes. Either that or a whole case.

• Options
    143999143999 Tellin' ya not askin' ya, not pleadin' with yaRegistered User regular
    Schide wrote: »

Yes. Either that or a whole case.

AND for either .02 (FoC 3-pack) or 6.02 (Prime Vehicon 3-pack) more than the figures would sell for individually if they'd just list them that way.

Stupid early shortpacked seller's market with its stupid preorders of stupid things that I stupid want packed together with stupid things that I stupid don't. Stupid.

8aVThp6.png
  • Options
    Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    Yeah, I'm just gonna skip on FoC Optimus since I have WfC Optimus and get FoC Ultra Magnus

and that's probably the only FoC I'll skip on

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    XBL - Foreverender | 3DS FC - 1418 6696 1012 | Steam ID | LoL
  • Options
    VALVEjunkieVALVEjunkie Registered User regular
    not a bad plan, not a bad plan at all

• Options
    i would do that plan, barring voyager soundwave

god i need WfC prime

and cliffjumper/bumblebee

and then would collect the FoC line

• Options
    MetroidZoidMetroidZoid Registered User regular
    Still fucking hate ToysRUs for having that four pack 'on clearance' for $50. What the shit.

9UsHUfk.jpgSteam
    3DS FC: 4699-5714-8940 Playing Pokemon, add me! Ho, SATAN!
  • Options
    BugBoyBugBoy boy.EXE has stopped functioning. only bugs remainRegistered User regular
    the WFC/FOC stuff is so great

• Options
    edited May 2012
    Why couldn't we have had a cartoon that takes place entirely on cybertron with these designs with an awesome story

Show a young, charismatic megatron on the street corners of Kaon, rallying people against the caste system

A conflicted, inexperienced Orion Pax who has only read and never led

Season 1s finale could be the dramatic moment where Megatron turns to violent methods and the war starts in earnest

(and both megatron and prime could be voiced by David Kaye)

Antimatter on
  • Options
    I would skip FoC Optimus, but GODDAMN look at that lack of kibble.

8aVThp6.png
  • Options
    Waitaminute. How many FoC deluxes did they initially say they were going to do?

8aVThp6.png
  • Options
    BugBoyBugBoy boy.EXE has stopped functioning. only bugs remainRegistered User regular
    what are the chances that bumblebee is going to get a redeco or something in the 2012/13 waves

debating on whether or not to get a 2010 one

so I can continually reenact him getting shot by megatron

• Options
    chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Do you think it's trademarked?Registered User regular
    Antimatter wrote: »
    Why couldn't we have had a cartoon that takes place entirely on cybertron with these designs with an awesome story

Show a young, charismatic megatron on the street corners of Kaon, rallying people against the caste system

Season 1s finale could be the dramatic moment where Megatron turns to violent methods and the war starts in earnest

I'd prefer by-the-book police captain Pax.

Man, the Roberts two parter was good.

• Options
    edited May 2012
    By the book police captain pax is also great

I just like the idea of Kaye's voice for an unsure pax, as opposed to the youthful, mostly confident barring issues like blackarachnia one from animated

Antimatter on
  • Options
    YukiraYukira Registered User regular
    I want the combiners, Starscream, and Shockwave, maybe Ultra Magnus.

• Options
    SchideSchide Yeoh! Registered User regular
    So.

Hegemon.

Thoughts?

• Options

a genuinely loyal and earnest starscream who is gradually forced to become the conniving schemer we all know

rookie cop prowl

no fuckin' bumblebees, bumblebee isn't even born yet

0BnD8l3.gif
  • Options
    chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Do you think it's trademarked?Registered User regular

a genuinely loyal and earnest starscream who is gradually forced to become the conniving schemer we all know

rookie cop prowl

And we need Whirl as Bad Cop. Roberts has really gotten some mileage out of the guy.

• Options
    Ironhide and Kup before they were absolutely ancient

Alpha Trion is still too goddamn old

• Options
    One of the current comics should have the last page say "Meanwhile.." and just have Optimus/Orion Pax sitting on a beach in a lounge chair.

Just relaxing.

• Options
    I just had a vision of Shockwave and Perceptor working in a lab together before the war

Would be pretty great

• Options
    KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    As long as it has drift being super sugoi

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    shockwave before he got kicked out of the university for unethical research methods

0BnD8l3.gif
  • Options
    Drift would still be homeless at this point

We'd actually see him become Deadlock before his joining the autobots

• Options
    So.

Hegemon.

Thoughts?

The pictures are nice, but as with any third-party product, I need to see a price, something to give it a sense of scale, and a set of instructions.

...I guess that goes for first-party stuff, too.

8aVThp6.png
  • Options

rookie cop prowl

Bumblebee would take the role normally occupied by annoying flesh-children.

8aVThp6.png
  • Options
    ShadowenShadowen Snores in the morning LoserdomRegistered User regular
    Yukira wrote: »
    One of the current comics should have the last page say "Meanwhile.." and just have Optimus/Orion Pax sitting on a beach in a lounge chair.

Just relaxing.

All sippin' a Long Kaon Iced Energon from a glass with a paper umbrella and a crazy straw. Wearin' shades. And a cork hat to keep the insecticons away.

• Options
    CorporateLogoCorporateLogo The toilet knows how I feelRegistered User regular
    The role of Bumblebee will be played by his older brother, Goldbug

Do not have a cow, mortal.

c9PXgFo.jpg
  • Options
    KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular

rookie cop prowl

they could just have nobody fill that role

it would be nice to have a transformers show that didn't just explain everything

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    So.

Hegemon.

Thoughts?

doesn't look that much better than classics/masterpiece megatron and will likely cost a hundred times as much

fans will nevertheless laud it as being a zillion times better than anything hasblow puts out

0BnD8l3.gif
  • Options
    Kwoaru wrote: »

rookie cop prowl

they could just have nobody fill that role

it would be nice to have a transformers show that didn't just explain everything

Hey, I didn't say, "I would like it if Bumblebee blah blah flesh-plot-exposition."

That's just what would happen. A younger, smaller (somehow) protoform (somehow) Bumblebee learning about Cybertronian society and teaching us that heroism can be born in even the least likely of places. Or something.

8aVThp6.png
  • Options
    Bluh

I don't even need The Wire: Iacon (though itd be nice)

But kids are smarter than adults give credit and they don't NEED a kid like them to relate too

• Options
    Then we'll just get a teenager for them to relate to. Maybe he'll have awkward parents and be trying to get a girlfriend.

• Options
    Ugggggggh

This discussion has been closed.