Club PA 2.0 has arrived! If you'd like to access some extra PA content and help support the forums, check it out at patreon.com/ClubPA
The image size limit has been raised to 1mb! Anything larger than that should be linked to. This is a HARD limit, please do not abuse it.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

[PA Comic] Friday, May 4, 2012 - Incredibility

1235»

Posts

  • CambiataCambiata Commander Shepard The likes of which even GAWD has never seenRegistered User regular
    edited May 2012
    Racism aside, I'm kind of stunned that people could look at this guy and think that he's not mediterranean/middle eastern, because he obviously is. He's got the curly black hair, the bushy eyebrows, the pencil mustache which isn't really worn by any other group, and the hairy back. That's pretty much it.

    1) I have curly black hair (I am not middle eastern)
    2) I've actually never seen anyone with a pencil mustache, aside from old movie stars and this guy. (Is John Waters middle eastern and I didn't know it?)
    3) People in my family are that hairy

    We're Americans of Italian descent. We look pretty much exactly like this guy, except for the couple of us that got our father's genes more prominently.

    I guess, thinking about it, that I do think this guy is a stereotype of Italians, since he looks so completely like members of my family. So yeah, there's a stereotype on display here regarding my "race", which I consider a white race. You'll forgive me if I'm not offended at it.

    Cambiata on
  • SageinaRageSageinaRage Registered User regular
    Cambiata wrote: »
    Racism aside, I'm kind of stunned that people could look at this guy and think that he's not mediterranean/middle eastern, because he obviously is. He's got the curly black hair, the bushy eyebrows, the pencil mustache which isn't really worn by any other group, and the hairy back. That's pretty much it.

    1) I have curly black hair (I am not middle eastern)
    2) I've actually never seen anyone with a pencil mustache, aside from old movie stars and this guy. (Is John Waters middle eastern and I didn't know it?)
    3) People in my family are that hairy

    We're Americans of Italian descent. We look pretty much exactly like this guy, except for the couple of us that got our father's genes more prominently.

    I guess, thinking about it, that I do think this guy is a stereotype of Italians, since he looks so completely like members of my family. So yeah, there's a stereotype on display here regarding my "race", which I consider a white race. You'll forgive me if I'm not offended at it.

    I don't see why considering them a 'white' race means anything. I know plenty of black people who had stereotypes about Africans, and made fun of them. And you don't have to be offended, as long as you can understand why some people might be.

  • Billy ChenowithBilly Chenowith Registered User regular
    Cambiata wrote: »
    Racism aside, I'm kind of stunned that people could look at this guy and think that he's not mediterranean/middle eastern, because he obviously is. He's got the curly black hair, the bushy eyebrows, the pencil mustache which isn't really worn by any other group, and the hairy back. That's pretty much it.

    1) I have curly black hair (I am not middle eastern)
    2) I've actually never seen anyone with a pencil mustache, aside from old movie stars and this guy. (Is John Waters middle eastern and I didn't know it?)
    3) People in my family are that hairy

    We're Americans of Italian descent. We look pretty much exactly like this guy, except for the couple of us that got our father's genes more prominently.

    I guess, thinking about it, that I do think this guy is a stereotype of Italians, since he looks so completely like members of my family. So yeah, there's a stereotype on display here regarding my "race", which I consider a white race. You'll forgive me if I'm not offended at it.

    Italians are Mediterranean, though.

  • CambiataCambiata Commander Shepard The likes of which even GAWD has never seenRegistered User regular
    Cambiata wrote: »
    Racism aside, I'm kind of stunned that people could look at this guy and think that he's not mediterranean/middle eastern, because he obviously is. He's got the curly black hair, the bushy eyebrows, the pencil mustache which isn't really worn by any other group, and the hairy back. That's pretty much it.

    1) I have curly black hair (I am not middle eastern)
    2) I've actually never seen anyone with a pencil mustache, aside from old movie stars and this guy. (Is John Waters middle eastern and I didn't know it?)
    3) People in my family are that hairy

    We're Americans of Italian descent. We look pretty much exactly like this guy, except for the couple of us that got our father's genes more prominently.

    I guess, thinking about it, that I do think this guy is a stereotype of Italians, since he looks so completely like members of my family. So yeah, there's a stereotype on display here regarding my "race", which I consider a white race. You'll forgive me if I'm not offended at it.

    I don't see why considering them a 'white' race means anything. I know plenty of black people who had stereotypes about Africans, and made fun of them. And you don't have to be offended, as long as you can understand why some people might be.

    I actually am offended by people being offended on my behalf (or on behalf of Italian Americans). Which is probably why I'm in this thread at all: I'm supposed to be crying because Gabe made fun of me? No. Grow up.

  • faitsfaits a panda eating cake seattleRegistered User regular
    nobody ever considers the plight of the white man

    when will the racial stereotypes and put-downs end so that the healing can begin

    faits.png
  • SticksSticks Registered User regular
    Cambiata, I don't think anyone is offended on your behalf. There are only a couple of people that are offended at all, and they seem to be very much offended on their own behalf.

    The rest of us either fall into the group of "yea I can see where you are coming from" or "where are you picking this up because all I see is _______."

  • SageinaRageSageinaRage Registered User regular
    Cambiata wrote: »
    Cambiata wrote: »
    Racism aside, I'm kind of stunned that people could look at this guy and think that he's not mediterranean/middle eastern, because he obviously is. He's got the curly black hair, the bushy eyebrows, the pencil mustache which isn't really worn by any other group, and the hairy back. That's pretty much it.

    1) I have curly black hair (I am not middle eastern)
    2) I've actually never seen anyone with a pencil mustache, aside from old movie stars and this guy. (Is John Waters middle eastern and I didn't know it?)
    3) People in my family are that hairy

    We're Americans of Italian descent. We look pretty much exactly like this guy, except for the couple of us that got our father's genes more prominently.

    I guess, thinking about it, that I do think this guy is a stereotype of Italians, since he looks so completely like members of my family. So yeah, there's a stereotype on display here regarding my "race", which I consider a white race. You'll forgive me if I'm not offended at it.

    I don't see why considering them a 'white' race means anything. I know plenty of black people who had stereotypes about Africans, and made fun of them. And you don't have to be offended, as long as you can understand why some people might be.

    I actually am offended by people being offended on my behalf (or on behalf of Italian Americans). Which is probably why I'm in this thread at all: I'm supposed to be crying because Gabe made fun of me? No. Grow up.

    Oh right, I forgot that if one person's not offended by racism, then no one is.

    I also forgot that you can't just be offended by racism itself, you have to be offended on someone of that race's behalf!

    or maybe both of these are just silly. No one's offended on your behalf, no one gives a shit about you.

  • TofystedethTofystedeth veni, veneri, vamoosi Registered User regular
    I think this thread just proves that there can be nothing gained from talking with people who who refuse to have compassion. As their refusal twists them into ever further obtuse arguments instead of language being used to form a mutual understanding.
    Are you kidding? The PA forums are about the single most compassionate place on the entire internet barring sites created for that specific purpose.
    Too many words.

    Forgive.
    yes.

    steam_sig.png
  • Big Red TieBig Red Tie beautiful clydesdale style feet too hot to trotRegistered User regular

    Cambiata wrote: »
    Cambiata wrote: »
    Racism aside, I'm kind of stunned that people could look at this guy and think that he's not mediterranean/middle eastern, because he obviously is. He's got the curly black hair, the bushy eyebrows, the pencil mustache which isn't really worn by any other group, and the hairy back. That's pretty much it.

    1) I have curly black hair (I am not middle eastern)
    2) I've actually never seen anyone with a pencil mustache, aside from old movie stars and this guy. (Is John Waters middle eastern and I didn't know it?)
    3) People in my family are that hairy

    We're Americans of Italian descent. We look pretty much exactly like this guy, except for the couple of us that got our father's genes more prominently.

    I guess, thinking about it, that I do think this guy is a stereotype of Italians, since he looks so completely like members of my family. So yeah, there's a stereotype on display here regarding my "race", which I consider a white race. You'll forgive me if I'm not offended at it.

    I don't see why considering them a 'white' race means anything. I know plenty of black people who had stereotypes about Africans, and made fun of them. And you don't have to be offended, as long as you can understand why some people might be.

    I actually am offended by people being offended on my behalf (or on behalf of Italian Americans). Which is probably why I'm in this thread at all: I'm supposed to be crying because Gabe made fun of me? No. Grow up.

    Oh right, I forgot that if one person's not offended by racism, then no one is.

    I also forgot that you can't just be offended by racism itself, you have to be offended on someone of that race's behalf!

    or maybe both of these are just silly. No one's offended on your behalf, no one gives a shit about you.

    but it's not racism.

    3926 4292 8829
    Beasteh wrote: »
    *おなら*
  • CambiataCambiata Commander Shepard The likes of which even GAWD has never seenRegistered User regular
    Cambiata wrote: »
    Cambiata wrote: »
    Racism aside, I'm kind of stunned that people could look at this guy and think that he's not mediterranean/middle eastern, because he obviously is. He's got the curly black hair, the bushy eyebrows, the pencil mustache which isn't really worn by any other group, and the hairy back. That's pretty much it.

    1) I have curly black hair (I am not middle eastern)
    2) I've actually never seen anyone with a pencil mustache, aside from old movie stars and this guy. (Is John Waters middle eastern and I didn't know it?)
    3) People in my family are that hairy

    We're Americans of Italian descent. We look pretty much exactly like this guy, except for the couple of us that got our father's genes more prominently.

    I guess, thinking about it, that I do think this guy is a stereotype of Italians, since he looks so completely like members of my family. So yeah, there's a stereotype on display here regarding my "race", which I consider a white race. You'll forgive me if I'm not offended at it.

    I don't see why considering them a 'white' race means anything. I know plenty of black people who had stereotypes about Africans, and made fun of them. And you don't have to be offended, as long as you can understand why some people might be.

    I actually am offended by people being offended on my behalf (or on behalf of Italian Americans). Which is probably why I'm in this thread at all: I'm supposed to be crying because Gabe made fun of me? No. Grow up.

    Oh right, I forgot that if one person's not offended by racism, then no one is.

    I also forgot that you can't just be offended by racism itself, you have to be offended on someone of that race's behalf!

    or maybe both of these are just silly. No one's offended on your behalf, no one gives a shit about you.

    but it's not racism.

    At best/worst it's white people racism. And while white people racism is a thing, it's certainly not something that affects white people's daily lives and costs them grief and opportunity. White people racism causes us to have our feelings hurt. Minority racism causes them to go to jail on false charges. I think I am pretty OK with some people making fun of my race under those circumstances.

  • KageraKagera Imitating the worst people. Since 2004Registered User regular
    Cambiata wrote: »
    Cambiata wrote: »
    Cambiata wrote: »
    Racism aside, I'm kind of stunned that people could look at this guy and think that he's not mediterranean/middle eastern, because he obviously is. He's got the curly black hair, the bushy eyebrows, the pencil mustache which isn't really worn by any other group, and the hairy back. That's pretty much it.

    1) I have curly black hair (I am not middle eastern)
    2) I've actually never seen anyone with a pencil mustache, aside from old movie stars and this guy. (Is John Waters middle eastern and I didn't know it?)
    3) People in my family are that hairy

    We're Americans of Italian descent. We look pretty much exactly like this guy, except for the couple of us that got our father's genes more prominently.

    I guess, thinking about it, that I do think this guy is a stereotype of Italians, since he looks so completely like members of my family. So yeah, there's a stereotype on display here regarding my "race", which I consider a white race. You'll forgive me if I'm not offended at it.

    I don't see why considering them a 'white' race means anything. I know plenty of black people who had stereotypes about Africans, and made fun of them. And you don't have to be offended, as long as you can understand why some people might be.

    I actually am offended by people being offended on my behalf (or on behalf of Italian Americans). Which is probably why I'm in this thread at all: I'm supposed to be crying because Gabe made fun of me? No. Grow up.

    Oh right, I forgot that if one person's not offended by racism, then no one is.

    I also forgot that you can't just be offended by racism itself, you have to be offended on someone of that race's behalf!

    or maybe both of these are just silly. No one's offended on your behalf, no one gives a shit about you.

    but it's not racism.

    At best/worst it's white people racism. And while white people racism is a thing, it's certainly not something that affects white people's daily lives and costs them grief and opportunity. White people racism causes us to have our feelings hurt. Minority racism causes them to go to jail on false charges. I think I am pretty OK with some people making fun of my race under those circumstances.

    It can lead to those things in very limited situations but yeah pretty rare.

    My neck, my back, my FUPA and my crack.
  • TychoCelchuuuTychoCelchuuu ___________PIGEON _________San Diego, CA Registered User regular
    Cambiata wrote: »
    Cambiata wrote: »
    Cambiata wrote: »
    Racism aside, I'm kind of stunned that people could look at this guy and think that he's not mediterranean/middle eastern, because he obviously is. He's got the curly black hair, the bushy eyebrows, the pencil mustache which isn't really worn by any other group, and the hairy back. That's pretty much it.

    1) I have curly black hair (I am not middle eastern)
    2) I've actually never seen anyone with a pencil mustache, aside from old movie stars and this guy. (Is John Waters middle eastern and I didn't know it?)
    3) People in my family are that hairy

    We're Americans of Italian descent. We look pretty much exactly like this guy, except for the couple of us that got our father's genes more prominently.

    I guess, thinking about it, that I do think this guy is a stereotype of Italians, since he looks so completely like members of my family. So yeah, there's a stereotype on display here regarding my "race", which I consider a white race. You'll forgive me if I'm not offended at it.

    I don't see why considering them a 'white' race means anything. I know plenty of black people who had stereotypes about Africans, and made fun of them. And you don't have to be offended, as long as you can understand why some people might be.

    I actually am offended by people being offended on my behalf (or on behalf of Italian Americans). Which is probably why I'm in this thread at all: I'm supposed to be crying because Gabe made fun of me? No. Grow up.

    Oh right, I forgot that if one person's not offended by racism, then no one is.

    I also forgot that you can't just be offended by racism itself, you have to be offended on someone of that race's behalf!

    or maybe both of these are just silly. No one's offended on your behalf, no one gives a shit about you.

    but it's not racism.

    At best/worst it's white people racism. And while white people racism is a thing, it's certainly not something that affects white people's daily lives and costs them grief and opportunity. White people racism causes us to have our feelings hurt. Minority racism causes them to go to jail on false charges. I think I am pretty OK with some people making fun of my race under those circumstances.
    The last time a Jew went to jail on false charges because they were Jewish was... a while ago. So is it okay to draw comics where whenever you need a greedy character, you draw a guy who's obviously Jewish? Stereotypes aren't okay just because people don't go to jail because of them...

  • CambiataCambiata Commander Shepard The likes of which even GAWD has never seenRegistered User regular
    Cambiata wrote: »
    Cambiata wrote: »
    Cambiata wrote: »
    Racism aside, I'm kind of stunned that people could look at this guy and think that he's not mediterranean/middle eastern, because he obviously is. He's got the curly black hair, the bushy eyebrows, the pencil mustache which isn't really worn by any other group, and the hairy back. That's pretty much it.

    1) I have curly black hair (I am not middle eastern)
    2) I've actually never seen anyone with a pencil mustache, aside from old movie stars and this guy. (Is John Waters middle eastern and I didn't know it?)
    3) People in my family are that hairy

    We're Americans of Italian descent. We look pretty much exactly like this guy, except for the couple of us that got our father's genes more prominently.

    I guess, thinking about it, that I do think this guy is a stereotype of Italians, since he looks so completely like members of my family. So yeah, there's a stereotype on display here regarding my "race", which I consider a white race. You'll forgive me if I'm not offended at it.

    I don't see why considering them a 'white' race means anything. I know plenty of black people who had stereotypes about Africans, and made fun of them. And you don't have to be offended, as long as you can understand why some people might be.

    I actually am offended by people being offended on my behalf (or on behalf of Italian Americans). Which is probably why I'm in this thread at all: I'm supposed to be crying because Gabe made fun of me? No. Grow up.

    Oh right, I forgot that if one person's not offended by racism, then no one is.

    I also forgot that you can't just be offended by racism itself, you have to be offended on someone of that race's behalf!

    or maybe both of these are just silly. No one's offended on your behalf, no one gives a shit about you.

    but it's not racism.

    At best/worst it's white people racism. And while white people racism is a thing, it's certainly not something that affects white people's daily lives and costs them grief and opportunity. White people racism causes us to have our feelings hurt. Minority racism causes them to go to jail on false charges. I think I am pretty OK with some people making fun of my race under those circumstances.
    The last time a Jew went to jail on false charges because they were Jewish was... a while ago. So is it okay to draw comics where whenever you need a greedy character, you draw a guy who's obviously Jewish? Stereotypes aren't okay just because people don't go to jail because of them...

    Despite your best efforts to turn this comic into a Shylock, it's very obviously not, so your point is moot.

    This isn't about a classically oppressed minority... this is about making fun of the majority. And I don't really see the need to shed tears over that.

  • TychoCelchuuuTychoCelchuuu ___________PIGEON _________San Diego, CA Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    Cambiata wrote: »
    Cambiata wrote: »
    Cambiata wrote: »
    Cambiata wrote: »
    Racism aside, I'm kind of stunned that people could look at this guy and think that he's not mediterranean/middle eastern, because he obviously is. He's got the curly black hair, the bushy eyebrows, the pencil mustache which isn't really worn by any other group, and the hairy back. That's pretty much it.

    1) I have curly black hair (I am not middle eastern)
    2) I've actually never seen anyone with a pencil mustache, aside from old movie stars and this guy. (Is John Waters middle eastern and I didn't know it?)
    3) People in my family are that hairy

    We're Americans of Italian descent. We look pretty much exactly like this guy, except for the couple of us that got our father's genes more prominently.

    I guess, thinking about it, that I do think this guy is a stereotype of Italians, since he looks so completely like members of my family. So yeah, there's a stereotype on display here regarding my "race", which I consider a white race. You'll forgive me if I'm not offended at it.

    I don't see why considering them a 'white' race means anything. I know plenty of black people who had stereotypes about Africans, and made fun of them. And you don't have to be offended, as long as you can understand why some people might be.

    I actually am offended by people being offended on my behalf (or on behalf of Italian Americans). Which is probably why I'm in this thread at all: I'm supposed to be crying because Gabe made fun of me? No. Grow up.

    Oh right, I forgot that if one person's not offended by racism, then no one is.

    I also forgot that you can't just be offended by racism itself, you have to be offended on someone of that race's behalf!

    or maybe both of these are just silly. No one's offended on your behalf, no one gives a shit about you.

    but it's not racism.

    At best/worst it's white people racism. And while white people racism is a thing, it's certainly not something that affects white people's daily lives and costs them grief and opportunity. White people racism causes us to have our feelings hurt. Minority racism causes them to go to jail on false charges. I think I am pretty OK with some people making fun of my race under those circumstances.
    The last time a Jew went to jail on false charges because they were Jewish was... a while ago. So is it okay to draw comics where whenever you need a greedy character, you draw a guy who's obviously Jewish? Stereotypes aren't okay just because people don't go to jail because of them...

    Despite your best efforts to turn this comic into a Shylock, it's very obviously not, so your point is moot.

    This isn't about a classically oppressed minority... this is about making fun of the majority. And I don't really see the need to shed tears over that.
    I was making what is called an "analogy." I suppose if you think immigrants/foreigners have never been oppressed in America then I would sort of understand your point about how hurtful stereotypes actually aren't hurtful unless the group has been oppressed, but...

    The idea that this comic is making fun of the "majority" is kind of odd because this dude obviously looks nothing like the "majority"/the average person in a PA comic. This guy looks like a very specific subset of people that fit a very specific stereotype.

    TychoCelchuuu on
  • OptyOpty Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    I don't like people using racism as a catch-all term because that weakens the word. This is 100% not racism and bringing it up makes people less supportive because when it gets brought up for niggling little things like this they start to become numb and thus are more likely to ignore actual racism when it happens. At worst the comic's portrayal is an insensitive stereotype of a race of people but to even get that far I'd say you'd be reaching since he doesn't conform to any specific race by appearance or speech nor is it implying all people of that race is like this.

    The way people are arguing in here is why comics shied away from making black villains for so long, fearful they'd be called racists for daring to have evil black people, as if having one meant they thought all black people were evil villains.

    Opty on
  • TychoCelchuuuTychoCelchuuu ___________PIGEON _________San Diego, CA Registered User regular
    Fine, it's not racism. It's a hurtful stereotype that plays off untrue generalizations about propensities to various actions of a certain group of people that looks a certain way, specifically the people who look like the guy in this comic and that have propensities to try to scam you. Whether a certain word describes what's going on is beside the point.

  • CambiataCambiata Commander Shepard The likes of which even GAWD has never seenRegistered User regular
    Cambiata wrote: »
    Cambiata wrote: »
    Cambiata wrote: »
    Cambiata wrote: »
    Racism aside, I'm kind of stunned that people could look at this guy and think that he's not mediterranean/middle eastern, because he obviously is. He's got the curly black hair, the bushy eyebrows, the pencil mustache which isn't really worn by any other group, and the hairy back. That's pretty much it.

    1) I have curly black hair (I am not middle eastern)
    2) I've actually never seen anyone with a pencil mustache, aside from old movie stars and this guy. (Is John Waters middle eastern and I didn't know it?)
    3) People in my family are that hairy

    We're Americans of Italian descent. We look pretty much exactly like this guy, except for the couple of us that got our father's genes more prominently.

    I guess, thinking about it, that I do think this guy is a stereotype of Italians, since he looks so completely like members of my family. So yeah, there's a stereotype on display here regarding my "race", which I consider a white race. You'll forgive me if I'm not offended at it.

    I don't see why considering them a 'white' race means anything. I know plenty of black people who had stereotypes about Africans, and made fun of them. And you don't have to be offended, as long as you can understand why some people might be.

    I actually am offended by people being offended on my behalf (or on behalf of Italian Americans). Which is probably why I'm in this thread at all: I'm supposed to be crying because Gabe made fun of me? No. Grow up.

    Oh right, I forgot that if one person's not offended by racism, then no one is.

    I also forgot that you can't just be offended by racism itself, you have to be offended on someone of that race's behalf!

    or maybe both of these are just silly. No one's offended on your behalf, no one gives a shit about you.

    but it's not racism.

    At best/worst it's white people racism. And while white people racism is a thing, it's certainly not something that affects white people's daily lives and costs them grief and opportunity. White people racism causes us to have our feelings hurt. Minority racism causes them to go to jail on false charges. I think I am pretty OK with some people making fun of my race under those circumstances.
    The last time a Jew went to jail on false charges because they were Jewish was... a while ago. So is it okay to draw comics where whenever you need a greedy character, you draw a guy who's obviously Jewish? Stereotypes aren't okay just because people don't go to jail because of them...

    Despite your best efforts to turn this comic into a Shylock, it's very obviously not, so your point is moot.

    This isn't about a classically oppressed minority... this is about making fun of the majority. And I don't really see the need to shed tears over that.
    I was making what is called an "analogy." I suppose if you think immigrants/foreigners have never been oppressed in America then I would sort of understand your point about how hurtful stereotypes actually aren't hurtful unless the group has been oppressed, but...

    Estruscans had to deal with racism, too, and there's about as much point in crying over their hurt feelings.

    The real, basic problem with your premise is that this image is so broad that virtually anyone could see themselves in the image. Some people see Turkish, some Italian, some French, some Hispanic, some Greek. Basically anyone who is not a blonde can see them self in this figure. That's why your claim that this is some very obvious stereotype is so weak. I can just as easily claim that this character is playing off the "all Italians are members of the mob" stereotype as you can claim that it's a Shylock. There's not enough evidence to support either.

  • TychoCelchuuuTychoCelchuuu ___________PIGEON _________San Diego, CA Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    If you think any non-blonde person can see themselves in this figure, then I can see why you'd be dubious about my claim, because then you'd think that there's no way I could have a more specific stereotype in mind. I'm totally not blonde (I'm of Ashkenazi Jewish heritage) but there's no way I would ever see myself as this guy, even if I gained a lot of weight, wore a wifebeater, and tried to grow his mustache. I don't think anyone can fit the stereotype that I'm talking about. I think only a certain group of people can fit the stereotype. An again, I'm not claiming that "it's a Shylock." I am making an analogy. The greedy Jew is another kind of stereotype which I refer to often because I know you've heard of it, whereas in this case some of you have not heard of the stereotype in question.

    TychoCelchuuu on
  • Sage_CatharsisSage_Catharsis Registered User regular
    Reading this thread is exhausting. Comically so at this point.

  • SticksSticks Registered User regular
    But was it cathartic?

  • RehabRehab Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    You just had to bring up the perceived racial insensitivity.

    Look at what you've done!

    Rehab on
    NNID: Rehab0
  • faitsfaits a panda eating cake seattleRegistered User regular
    Rehab wrote: »
    You just had to bring up the perceived racial insensitivity.

    Look at what you've done!
    Leave it to a swarthy person

    faits.png
  • TychoCelchuuuTychoCelchuuu ___________PIGEON _________San Diego, CA Registered User regular
    At this point you're not even joking about the stereotype, you're just taking everything Sage says and pretending it's a complaint about race. If the message is "the stereotype you guys are talking about clearly isn't real hahahah" you're going to have to explain how you know this to be the case and why we're not just simply talking about a stereotype you haven't heard of. But that's not going to happen because it's a lot easier to just deny that the stereotype exists in the first place because that's totally the answer because duh.

    Sage_Catharsis
1235»
Sign In or Register to comment.