Options

[TERA] This thread under questioning by child protection services. Check the new one.

• Options
    Toxic PickleToxic Pickle Thash grape! Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    Astale wrote: »
    Wish I had their problem. I mentioned I was bored a few weeks ago, and a friend gave me a free copy of TERA (he accidentally bought two in an error with Origin or something, and didn't feel like it was worth the bother to get the money back I guess), and even activated it with his credit card so I could play with him. My email and info for the account though, which is the problem.

See, after maybe four days, well, let's just say my opinion that "this should have been F2P" didn't change much. Went to cancel the billing so my friend doesn't keep getting stuck with it (and while we didn't talk about it, I assume that if I had liked it I would have taken over payment going forward).

Didn't work. Heard the system wasn't actually up and working yet (though the site itself mentions none of this, it's just the cancel button doesn't actually work, something I almost missed noticing). So I try a few days later. Nothing. A few more attempts, including five minutes ago, still doesn't work.

Now, I'm not going to play the 'sit in chat/wait on the line/send some emails' game because enmasse doesn't know how to run a billing system. I'm going to try it one more time later, then my friend is going to start paying for nothing. I'll try once a week each week after that, unless HE wants to try and directly contact the company. He's pissed, though suprisingly not at me. He did ask for the login so he could keep trying himself, but since I used my info on that and it's info I've used in many other games/online stuff I'm not going to hand it over. Which he also understands, but let's just say he's not giving out mmos as gifts ever again, unless it's a retail box.

This seems really kiddy hour compared to the rest of their setup.

I was able to stop billing on my account yesterday, then start it up again when I was looking for a way to change the subscription. I could have also changed the credit card info which, if it didn't let me zero it out, would at least let me put in my own info rather than a friend's were I in your situation.

I also contacted customer support through their online chat feature, which was all of a 10 minute wait. You're saying that's too much effort to put in to save your friend some money after he gave you a $50 game to try out for free?

You are not worthy of such a classy friend.

Toxic Pickle on
  • Options
    hoodie13hoodie13 punch bro Registered User regular
    Yeah, gotta say this sounds like a really dumb problem to be forcing on your friend, just because he was kind enough to give you a game you played for 4 days (no problem, its not for everyone) and then farted around on getting the subscription cancelled. It seems like if you cared about your friend, you'd do everything you needed to in order to cancel it, including waiting in queue for a couple minutes while you do something else.

PSN: HoodieThirteen
    XBL: Torn Hoodie
    @hoodiethirteen
  • Options
    LowlanderLowlander Registered User regular
    Wow, I've never seen somebody act so rudely to a 'friend.' I have a hard time imagining that you have a job and pay for things with your own money, because if you did, I don't think you'd be so disrespectful of other people's money. I guess you can't be bothered to change the password on the account he's paying for so that he can make the effort to try and stop billing.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    ZzuluZzulu Registered User regular
    That guys issues aside, En Masse really bungled the subscription portion of this thing. A lot of people are unable to play today because the subscription service is screwed up and their communication with the userbase so far is far from optimal.

There are many threads on it in the forums right now and no current fix in sight. For me personally this means I don't get to play today at all, for others it means they get double billed etc etc. A real mess, honestly.

t5qfc9.jpg
  • Options
    grouch993grouch993 Both a man and a numberRegistered User regular
    I was trying to change my subscription plan, even had customer service involved, but was unable to select another plan.

Did receive an amusing email saying my subscription had expired on August 26th, 2012.

Game still works fine.

Steam Profile Origin grouchiy
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    No doubt there are some issues with the accounts and subscriptions, which is a real shame. Per the advice of the customer service rep yesterday, I stopped auto-billing on my account so that I wouldn't get billed before I could change my subscription type. I'm at work so I can't check the game, but as of right now my account still shows 'Expired'; meaning I may not be able to play if I wanted to which would be super annoying.

Kinda hoping they have it worked out by tonight, because my other gaming choice right now is Diablo III and I'm not real confident in Blizzard keeping their servers running in prime-time either.

Toxic Pickle on
  • Options
    TornelcoTornelco ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    So, they wait for the last minute to get there billing system working properly and it doesn't work out properly? En Masse has done a pretty solid job so far, but I really can't say I'm surprised by this whole turn of events.

Edit: Seems as though I have had several days of playtime added to my account? It was supposed to expire today as I preordered and is now good through the second.

Tornelco on
  • Options
    Sounds like that's how they are getting around the problems with their billing system, because I just checked my account, and it's had a couple days added as well (Expires June 2nd now).

• Options
    hoodie13hoodie13 punch bro Registered User regular
    jesus h

PSN: HoodieThirteen
    XBL: Torn Hoodie
    @hoodiethirteen
  • Options
    Just_Bri_ThanksJust_Bri_Thanks Seething with rage from a handbasket.Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Just rejected two applications.

It seems that Tricero and Evani are engaged to each other (awww...) but that isn't enough to get me to push buttan for you.

...and when you are done with that; take a folding
    chair to Creation and then suplex the Void.
  • Options
    EsseeEssee The pinkest of hair. Victoria, BCRegistered User regular
    Sometimes I wonder if we should change our guild ad to reflect something about what we actually do regarding members, because I get the feeling all these people getting rejected for not being from PA may not, in fact, think we are nice guys. And that's terrible. (It actually might be bad for later election prospects, potentially.)

• Options
    LowlanderLowlander Registered User regular
    So is this game any good? I started reading this thread because I saw some of the screen shots. How many people are active in the PA guild?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Regina FongRegina Fong Allons-y, Alonso Registered User regular
    Isn't there a place to put a note or something so people who pull up W.A.N.G. on the guild search screen see that it's based on an out of game affiliation and not just snobbery?

• Options
    Lowlander wrote: »
    So is this game any good? I started reading this thread because I saw some of the screen shots. How many people are active in the PA guild?

Billing issues aside, the game is wonderful with it's actiony combat and drop-dead gorgeous graphics. The questing system is basically pulled straight out of WoW, but that matters little to most of us because the combat is just so fun.

Guild is pretty active in prime time from what I've seen, and is one of the highest-praised on the server currently (top 10 at least, though I can't check it at the moment).

• Options
    Just_Bri_ThanksJust_Bri_Thanks Seething with rage from a handbasket.Registered User, ClubPA regular
    I think we are number six at the moment.

...and when you are done with that; take a folding
    chair to Creation and then suplex the Void.
  • Options
    EsseeEssee The pinkest of hair. Victoria, BCRegistered User regular
    Isn't there a place to put a note or something so people who pull up W.A.N.G. on the guild search screen see that it's based on an out of game affiliation and not just snobbery?

That's what I was talking about... it's called the "Guild ad" and only our Fearless Leader (namely Beezel/Montague) can change it. I think probably we should change it up a little because every single person we reject wants to join our guild because we advertise being nice guys... which we are, it's just we're also a selective group of nice guys because we're a guild from a different online community. Would be good to let people know that when they're rejected it's not because we're being elitist about it, I think. I know getting rejected hurts people's feelings, and hurt feelings are bad for votes.
    Guild is pretty active in prime time from what I've seen, and is one of the highest-praised on the server currently (top 10 at least, though I can't check it at the moment).

Yeah, I don't think I've really seen the guild empty at any time of day I've been on. And we have a pretty broad level spread right now (well, I think we actually don't have all that many people at 60 yet but people are working on that I'm sure) so you can often find a fair number of people in your level range to group up with, or somebody will have an alt if you ask.

Regarding whether the game is good, I would definitely say the free month alone is worth pretty much anybody's time. Like, a lot of games you really might not get that much out of it if you don't continue to subscribe, or if you don't like MMORPGs... But because of how combat works in this game you already get really epic fights (your first BAMs and the first dungeon) starting about level 20 (which doesn't take too long to get), and it ends up playing a lot like a regular retail action RPG. The game is gorgeous and runs really well, even on laptops, like I'm typically playing on. You don't really get penalized badly for grouping with people while leveling like in a lot of MMOs (and why DO most MMOs gimp you for leveling with someone else, anyway?) so you can happily group up with somebody to make killing regular monsters and BAMs easier and faster. In fact, there's seriously no reason not to duo with somebody because you get "bonus XP" to make up for the grouping penalty, and when you've only got two people the bonus cancels out the loss of XP from grouping entirely (so I've read, and it seems accurate because I was duoing when I started out) while still killing faster. But the awesome thing is, you really don't need the "holy trinity" of tank/heals/DPS to take down BAMs (and stuff in dungeons, although that's not practical later on I'm sure) because if you're a good player, you can actually dodge or block attacks well enough to down them without dying. If you get good at dodging and timing your attacks in this game, it really matters, and that lets you do some really amazing, exciting stuff. And every class plays very differently, so if one style of play isn't quite clicking for you, you can make an alt and the game will feel very different. In a good way.

Basically, I really REALLY recommend giving the game a shot. :P It's a lot more like "real" games than any MMO I've ever played.

• Options
    UncagedCrawdadUncagedCrawdad Registered User new member
    Longtime lurker, rarely post but always enjoy reading these forums.

I have a lvl 45 warrior on Feral Valley but the group of friends I started paying with have been sucked up by Diablo 3 and I'm thinking of rerolling on Dragonfall to play with you guys since you seem to have a really cool thing going here. I would really appreciate it if anyone with an Amani Male has turned in the the vanity items and wouldn't mind posting a screenshot. I'm debating making another Amani or going with Popori and I've yet to see an Amani with these items equipped. I'm worried they will look ridiculous.

• Options
    MaywindMaywind Registered User regular
    Longtime lurker, rarely post but always enjoy reading these forums.

I have a lvl 45 warrior on Feral Valley but the group of friends I started paying with have been sucked up by Diablo 3 and I'm thinking of rerolling on Dragonfall to play with you guys since you seem to have a really cool thing going here. I would really appreciate it if anyone with an Amani Male has turned in the the vanity items and wouldn't mind posting a screenshot. I'm debating making another Amani or going with Popori and I've yet to see an Amani with these items equipped. I'm worried they will look ridiculous.

I think Amani does indeed look... funny with the cosmetic items. Here's a thread on the official forum complaining about it. http://tera-forums.enmasse.com/forums/general-discussion/topics/I-messed-up-pretty-badly

Steam: Maywind
    Tera: Cutie, Cutiepie on Tempest Reach
  • Options
    MyDcmbrMyDcmbr PEWPEWPEW!!! America's WangRegistered User regular
    Hey you peoples, level up faster! I need to do Kelsiak's Nest and it is hard to find a group to do it!

Steam
    So we get stiff once in a while. So we have a little fun. What’s wrong with that? This is a free country, isn’t it? I can take my panda any place I want to. And if I wanna buy it a drink, that’s my business.
  • Options
    BeezelBeezel There was no agreement little morsel..Registered User regular
    I'll do something about the guild ad in the morning to let people know we're mostly a forum community haha.

PSN: Waybackkidd
    "...only mights and maybes."
  • Options
    Regina FongRegina Fong Allons-y, Alonso Registered User regular
    Tanked BoL twice tonight on my lancer. Getting a little better at it I think.

• Options
    https://forum.tera-europe.com/showthread.php?t=97015

Warrior getting a block that works like Berserker's?!

BRB- Leveling a Warrior.

Steam
    So we get stiff once in a while. So we have a little fun. What’s wrong with that? This is a free country, isn’t it? I can take my panda any place I want to. And if I wanna buy it a drink, that’s my business.
  • Options
    HNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNG

• Options
    GlalGlal AiredaleRegistered User regular
    Interesting, I wonder how they'll balance them so they don't just outright replace Lancers. Lower maximum damage blocked perhaps?

• Options
    Glal wrote: »
    Interesting, I wonder how they'll balance them so they don't just outright replace Lancers. Lower maximum damage blocked perhaps?

It's going to be based on equipment like Berserkers. On a Berserker ax it is listed "Can block X dmg."
    And that's what it can block per hit. Nothing changes it either.

I think my current lvl 58 gold axe can block 17k dmg or so. So most BAM AOEs and regular attacks I can take no dmg from. Red Eye direct attacks though will usually run over my block by a couple thousand dmg or so. That's how it will be for Warriors, and given their lower Defense scores, the run over will probably be more than a Berserkers.

Basically, they will need to dodge the big hits and use block to absorb the little ones.

Also, Lancers are getting Backstep and another closer that is a KD!

BRB- Rolling a Lancer.

Steam
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    Oh, can Lancers block all damage regardless of amount? Didn't know that.

[edit] The backstep is neat. Right now my 25 Lancer just plain can't do anything if he has to block and someone attacks his back. Dropping block and turning just aren't realistic.

Glal on
  • Options
    Lancer block works like berserker, same spillover but their block is tied to mana I think. Meaning they can keep blocking as long as they have it and attacks drain a certain amount of it before they start taking full damage/not be able to block. Maybe one of our lancers can correct me

• Options
    edited May 2012
    What Beezel said.

MyDcmbr on
    Steam
  • Options
    JediNightJediNight Registered User regular
    Lancer weapons have twice the block on them of an equivalent Berserker axe. You technically lose mana while blocking, but it's such a negligible amount as to not really be of any real consequence beyond the very early levels.

• Options
    Qualify 'very early'. I had to auto-attack non-stop just to have enough mana to block and taunt. Boss does his little jog through me and half my mana is gone.

• Options
    ZzuluZzulu Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    poast
    Good morning everyone! Grab yourselves a coffee or a cup of tea and enjoy the read
    Korean gaming site inven had the chance to do another interview at BHS yesterday and thanks to that, we now have lots of new information regarding part 2 of the Argon Queen update. As always, these are my fan translations, some information may not be 100% accurate, names and terms (content even) are very likely to change in the western version.

/less important for us, but korean gamers get our prologue dungeon too/

Stamina System and Improved Warrior and Lancer tanking

As previously discussed in an interview, the Stamina Bar will be introduced to further enhance tanking abilities.
    Players have a fixed ammount of Stamina to use, it regenerates slowly and enemy attacks help to regain them.
    lKBNm.jpg

With the addition of Stamina, Warriors won't neccessarily need to actively rely on their MP consuming evading skill cooldowns as with the usage of stamina evading will be more fluid.

New Warrior Skills

Cross Defence
    Cross your swords to defend yourself from incoming frontal attacks. The maximum damage value that can be blocked depends on your equipment. Skill is used just like the Lancer's blocking skill, as long as you keep pressing the button, you will block.
    BSMRI.jpg

Smokre Agressor Backstab

(thanks to jaehyole for correcting this)
    Summon a spirit from 15 meters that takes over your aggro and you stab the target in the back stunning it briefly.

Rupture
    Rotate your body and swing your blades at the enemy. Rupture uses the stacks to explode and debuff the target, debuffed enemies will take 25% more damage. The skill needs 5 stacks to be used, the more stacks you have the more damage you can make.

New Lancer Skills

Overwhelm
    Jump with your shield towards the enemy and slam it to the ground knocking down the target. Overwhelm can be used faster after certain skills.

Backstep
    Exactly the same skill as the current one.

New Dungeons and Instances

Argon Meldithia

According to the reports of the Federation, in the western part of Granarkus a new harvesting facility has been built by the Argon, you are to stop them at all costs. The instance will feature new boss monsters as well as new attack patterns.

Both normal and hard modes are expected.

New boss with new patterns

Shiruka Passage
    After the destruction of Thulsa's laboratory Malachy continues to conduct his researches and studies about the Core in this passage that has been well separated from outsiders. The crystal lens has to stay intact, defend it!

This instance works pretty much like the Temple of Temerity, defend the lens and do additionaly tasks to get rewards.

Shandra Manaia
    The Argon Queen herself can be found deep in her Argon fortress, isolated from the world she controls the ongoing war viciously. How much will she sacrifice for the sake of the 'Creator'?

As the real final boss of part 2, the instance will have a high difficulty level. As with Kelsaik back when it was introduced, this fight is going to showcase new mechanics in several phases.

The final boss, Shandra Manaia aka the Argon Queen

new patterns and mechanics
    Sealing, Luxing without Stress

Allthough this is not new to us, it is new to korean players. No more stress with enchanting and those random bonuses, you can now lock the bonuses you truly need and enchant as intended.

Battle Grounds reintroduced and an impoved Raid UI

BGs will be reintroduced and from 10vs10 the numbers have been pushed up to 15vs15 with a cross server party matching mechanic.
    New BG maps will be introduced and new set of rules are on their way too.

A new and better Nexus system is coming with 2 new raid contents called 'Nexus Dimension' (tentative name). This will feature new rewards while doing the 3 stages of the invasion.

New Armor;
    Metal
    9PNBE.jpg
    1dixX.jpg
    A9HSq.jpg

Leather
    yH6Dq.jpg
    gQNG3.jpg
    1KEVO.jpg
    Hcp2K.jpg
    tnVgC.jpg
    DKNUX.jpg

Cloth
    qzgVF.jpg
    yOZDY.jpg
    plgoK.jpg
    kCe2E.jpg

Black Edition Sets
    6lauW.jpg
    V1o3Y.jpg
    yIPhN.jpg
    xzxaG.jpg
    SwblX.jpg
    cdrW1.jpg
    TOPiI.jpg
    qQwqf.jpg

More screenshots;
    http://www.inven.co.kr/board/powerbbs.php?come_idx=2134&l=417

Zzulu on
    t5qfc9.jpg
  • Options
    Teehee!

Welcome to an hour ago Zzulu. :P

Steam
  • Options
    So does this mean warrior tanks are going to be kicking slayers and archers out of their groups?

• Options
    And that's why, as DPS, you always click that "[ ] Willing to be leader" option.

• Options
    ze swift classze swift class Registered User regular
    Beezel wrote: »
    So does this mean warrior tanks are going to be kicking slayers and archers out of their groups?

You're right, they should give mystics tanking skills too. Keep that tank influence even.

• Options
    chocoboliciouschocobolicious Registered User regular
    Axe block amount is total balls, so if warriors swords have similar block amounts, they still wont be face tanking anything serious. Least with the change to stamina they should be able to rock those high level dungeons though.

Still I wonder if they plan to add warriors to the tank queue. I rather hope not. That will only end in tears. (For every 1 warrior who comes in with proper tanking gear and crystals, I'd wager there will be five or six in deeps setup who just use it for the quicker queue and make it painful for all involved.)

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    Warriors can already tank as is, this gives them something to use if their dodge is unavailable or they know they can take the hit. If they got Lancer block then, well, why even have Lancers?

Glal on
  • Options
    eobeteobet 8-bit childhood SwedenRegistered User regular
    edited May 2012
    Hmm... I chose the warrior class because of the dodging. I didn't like the stand-still-and-block of the other classes. Dodging feels more dynamic and challenging to me. My reaction to this change: dumbing the game down.

EDIT: If it's not going to be as effective as the Lancer block, then why add it at all? Or are they planning on giving Berserkers dodge as well?

eobet on
    Heard the proposition that RIAA and MPAA should join forces and form "Music And Film Industry Association"?
This discussion has been closed.