As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[STEAM] 75% off Crusader Kings 2 means you REALLY need to get Crusader Kings 2

• Options
    DoctorArchDoctorArch Curmudgeon Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    It's a shame there is no bundle deal on Tropico 4 and the expansion pack.

In other games to play, Rollercoaster Tycoon 3 Platinum is 5 bucks over at Amazon digital download and it's DRM free. It has never been cheaper.

DoctorArch on
    Switch Friend Code: SW-6732-9515-9697
  • Options
    tsmvengytsmvengy Registered User regular
    Which Company of Heroes should I get? $10 for all 3 is more than I want to spend.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    I guess I should finally buy Company of Heroes.

Are the xpacks worthwhile?
    If you want to play multiplayer, just buy Tales of Valor. If you want single player, CoH and OF are good, and Tales of Valor has a weird, different kind of campaign that you may or may not enjoy.

Don't really care about multiplayer; probably can skip Tales of Valor then. Thanks!

Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

• Options
    TychoCelchuuuTychoCelchuuu PIGEON Registered User regular
    tsmvengy wrote: »
    Which Company of Heroes should I get? $10 for all 3 is more than I want to spend.
    Just answered this. See one post above.

• Options
    KlatuKlatu Aussie Aussie Aussie Oi Oi OiRegistered User regular
    @chocobolicious that lion pic wins. :)

Steam id:Klatu - PS id: Klatu_PA - 3DS FC: 0920-0528-6680
  • Options
    TriiipledotTriiipledot Registered User regular
    I wanna play some CoH! On Steam now!

• Options
    Triple BTriple B Bastard of the North MARegistered User regular
    And so we come to it at last. My first case of mistaken identity. I suppose it serves me right for not posting (and thus making my sig available for all to see) in the Steam thread in a while.

Steam/XBL/PSN: FiveAgainst1
  • Options
    Triple B wrote: »
    And so we come to it at last. My first case of mistaken identity. I suppose it serves me right for not posting (and thus making my sig available for all to see) in the Steam thread in a while.

Bad Triple B, Bad! :P

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    Re: Skyrim, honestly I'd wait a little bit and see if it hits 40% off or something on the summer sale. It's not that far away, aftera ll.

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    I'm glad I bought Skyrim when I did back when Steam had the sale where it was 39.99. So far I've put in about 24 hours into it, which is damn good considering how little time I have for games.

• Options
    TriiipledotTriiipledot Registered User regular
    DoctorArch wrote: »
    I'm glad I bought Skyrim when I did back when Steam had the sale where it was 39.99. So far I've put in about 24 hours into it, which is damn good considering how little time I have for games.

Skyrim is the worst tikme sink ever..."oh you need me to go on this story based quest...ooooh a random cave, let's explore!".

• Options
    edited May 2012
    DoctorArch wrote: »

Skyrim is the worst tikme sink ever..."oh you need me to go on this story based quest...ooooh a random cave, let's explore!".

It's one of those few games where I love to just pick a direction and go. Mountain in the way be damned.

Skyrim and Dark Souls both really scratch that exploration itch. Man, I hope Dark Souls is on Steam.

DoctorArch on
  • Options
    SumanaiSumanai muh PTRegistered User regular
    Thank you @testsubject23 for some castles full of nasty nazis. 20 years later, Mecha-Hitler still needs to die. :)

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    testsubject23testsubject23 King of No Sleep ZzzzzzzRegistered User regular
    Sumanai wrote: »
    Thank you @testsubject23 for some castles full of nasty nazis. 20 years later, Mecha-Hitler still needs to die. :)

It holds up pretty well, considering it's age. I still have fun with it, anyway.

camo_sig2.png
    Steam: Chaos Introvert | Twitch.tv: Chaos_Introvert | R*SC: Chaos_Introvert | PSN: testsubject23
  • Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    Potentially stupid question, if Steam's telling me I can't play a game because it can't connect, am I missing a setting? Could've sworn it had an offline mode, and my desktop has no internet at the moment.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    KafkaAUKafkaAU Western AustraliaRegistered User regular
    You need to switch to offline mode when you are online I believe.

steam_sig.png
    Origin: KafkaAU B-Net: Kafka#1778
  • Options
    TreadLifeTreadLife CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    anoffday wrote: »
    Yay new thread. So steam game night.

We should play older games or games that don't get enough love.

I vote for Unreal Tournament 2004.

That is an excellent vote, the game should get more play.
    I'll join you as soon as I own it on Steam. Come on big sale!

Also, welcome fresh thread!

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
    I just spent a hour and half in Tropico 4. It's pretty addicting. I'm tempted to buy it now.

Steam: offday
  • Options
    Banzai5150Banzai5150 Registered User regular
    cj iwakura wrote: »
    Potentially stupid question, if Steam's telling me I can't play a game because it can't connect, am I missing a setting? Could've sworn it had an offline mode, and my desktop has no internet at the moment.

Try pulling the ethernet cable out of the pc.

50433.png?1708759015
  • Options
    DrakeDrake Edgelord Trash Below the ecliptic plane.Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    Banzai5150 wrote: »
    cj iwakura wrote: »

Try pulling the ethernet cable out of the pc.

Also make a circle around your computer with salt. Place candles at the cardinal points. Then walk around the inside of the circle three times clockwise while skyclad chanting the name of The Gaben. Try to resonate the name, really make it vibrate. If you can smell something like ozone and you get a taste like battery acid in your mouth you know it's working. Don't be too concerned if the walls start to bleed, or you feel like something monstrous is just outside of your peripheral vision. Just focus on the task at hand and don't break the circle no matter what the voices say.

Drake on
  • Options
    SmokeStacksSmokeStacks Registered User regular
    Offline mode isn't that bad anymore.

But yeah, unplug your ethernet cable or wifi adaptor and a salt circle won't hurt.

• Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    There wasn't anything plugged into it. Hopefully I won't have to reconnect it to fix whatever setting is messed up.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    Triple BTriple B Bastard of the North MARegistered User regular
    When you open Steam in online mode without an internet connection, it straight-up asks if you want to go into offline mode.

Steam/XBL/PSN: FiveAgainst1
  • Options
    KhildithKhildith Registered User regular
    When you open Steam in online mode without an internet connection, it straight-up asks if you want to go into offline mode.

Then when you select yes it laughs at you and taunts you for not thinking ahead. D:

• Options
    BornToHulaBornToHula Registered User regular
    I'm installing UT2K4 right now.

Also, I spent twenty minutes playing War Inc for reasons I cannot describe currently. My opinion is that it's just bad. When you switch weapons they didn't pay for an animation to show your dude lowering the gun, he just has a new gun materialize out of thin air. Very pay to win as well.

steam_sig.png

Origin is the exact same as my Steam, in case you're needing a Support or Assault in BF3.
  • Options
    Banzai5150Banzai5150 Registered User regular
    Khildith wrote: »

Then when you select yes it laughs at you and taunts you for not thinking ahead. D:

Internet went out for a few hours the other day. Steam asked if I wanted to go in Offline mode, and I did, so I said Yes. It then tried to connect to Steam and failed and repeated the little joke. I have forced it in Offline mode before with no problems, but it seems when I actually have use for it, it never wants to work for me.

50433.png?1708759015
  • Options
    IsornIsorn Registered User regular

Looks like it is cheaper in Europe then. € 4,99 here.

• Options
    CroakerBCCroakerBC TorontoRegistered User regular
    Isorn wrote: »

Looks like it is cheaper in Europe then. € 4,99 here.

£5.39 in the UK, so it looks like the EU comes out ahead on this one.
    COH is worth the £5/$10 mind you

• Options
    CorpekataCorpekata Registered User regular
    Yeah, the EU gets some pretty decent discounts on the CoH games. All the base games are roughly 2 bucks each as opposed to 2 bucks in the US for the base game and 4 for each of the expansions. May have to try and get someone in the EU to do some data smuggling for me in a bit.

• Options
    AsheAshe Registered User regular
    Ooh, new thread. And I think I missed the last 10 pages or so in the previous. And I have a buncha games sitting in my inventory that need loving homes, I just haven't got around to creating contests or something. Slacking, obviously.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    CorpekataCorpekata Registered User regular
    Looks like Steam Trading is coming to Super Monday Night Combat according to the registry.

• Options
    tsmvengytsmvengy Registered User regular
    anoffday wrote: »
    I just spent a hour and half in Tropico 4. It's pretty addicting. I'm tempted to buy it now.

I can play 3 for hours just for the music alone.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    PheacePheace Registered User regular
    Banzai5150 wrote: »
    Khildith wrote: »

Internet went out for a few hours the other day. Steam asked if I wanted to go in Offline mode, and I did, so I said Yes. It then tried to connect to Steam and failed and repeated the little joke. I have forced it in Offline mode before with no problems, but it seems when I actually have use for it, it never wants to work for me.

It's certainly still a buggy feature.

Any chance you were just starting up your computer? There's a chance this happens if you shut down windows with Steam still running, because sometimes windows cuts off Steam's shutdown process, messing it up which means it'll want to go online next time to fix it.

That or if you're behind a router it may still detect a network despite not having internet and that can stop it from working. Pulling the cable or turning off the router (or turning off the network in windows) should fix that.

• Options
    SmokeStacksSmokeStacks Registered User regular
    It got mentioned near the end of the last thread, but if you join the Rockstar Games Steam group before the 15th you'll get a free copy of Midnight Club 2. I'm on my phone so I dn't have a link.

The copy is non giftable and will show up in your account on the 29th. Your account must have at least one purchased game in it to qualify.

I've heard mixed reviews on MC2 (and it has issues with Windows 7), but free is free.

• Options
    HallowedFaithHallowedFaith Call me Cloud. Registered User regular
    I've been waiting for Skyrim to go on sale as well, because lol 60.00 for Not-Morrowind.

I'm making video games. DesignBy.Cloud
  • Options
    BrewBrew Registered User regular
    ohmygosh 33% off. I want to buy it. Should I buy it? But then Diablo3? and no time to play! But everyone is talking about it! Skyrim's got it's own thread and everything...

1st ever "Penny-Arcade Hero Academy Tournament" Toilet Bowl Champion!
    steam_sig.png
    "You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars; you have a right to be here.
    And whether or not it is clear to you, no doubt the universe is unfolding as it should."
  • Options
    SkyTurnsRedSkyTurnsRed Saint LouisRegistered User regular
    I have Tropico 4, but haven't played it yet. I lost a lot of hours to Tropico 1 and 3. So, if you're hesitant on the 4th, don't be.

• Options
    initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    When did we start numbering threads? Was it at the advent of the crab?

• Options
    kaliakalia Registered User regular
    New thread! Hafta catch up my thanking, cause holy shit guys. I've been buried in an avalanche of class over the past week or so, and have just now dug my way out to the surface where I can give proper credit!
    @Viking for the Sega pack
    @APODionysus for the Bastion soundtrack
    @Big Isy for Transformers: War on Cybertron
    @Chocobolicious for the Sega Genesis Classics 4 pack
    @Buster Blade for Serious Sam 1, adding to the seriousness of sam he has gifted me previously
    @Rizzi for Batman: AC!

Phew. Backlog: overwhelming. <3 for classy steamy folks: also overwhelming.

• Options
    Lord_SnotLord_Snot Живу за выходные American ValhallaRegistered User regular
    When did we start numbering threads? Was it at the advent of the crab?

Only since the last thread, thought I'd carry on the joke, at least in the first iteration of the thread title.