As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Phalla] Wars: Republic (Village) Victory! Special shoutout to the SK (The Anonymous)!

• Options
    FecklessRogueFecklessRogue Registered User regular
    @Cayrus, you've said your post was "a dumb thing you instantly regretted" and that these charges are "simply ridiculous". Why not come clean with what that post was? Scrubbing it clean and then refusing to talk about is pretty shady.

Although, aren't mafia busdrivers a broken game mechanic? Isn't it more likely he is a village/neutral special? I'm assuming Anialos knows more than he's saying, but the whole thing is sort of weird.

• Options
    BaidolBaidol I will hold him off Escape while you canRegistered User regular
    @Cayrus, you've said your post was "a dumb thing you instantly regretted" and that these charges are "simply ridiculous". Why not come clean with what that post was? Scrubbing it clean and then refusing to talk about is pretty shady.

Although, aren't mafia busdrivers a broken game mechanic? Isn't it more likely he is a village/neutral special? I'm assuming Anialos knows more than he's saying, but the whole thing is sort of weird.

If there was a mafia busdriver, Anialos would have been dead Night 1 or last night.

Steam Overwatch: Baidol#1957
  • Options
    Baidol wrote: »
    Brian: 19
    Kime: 7
    Gumpy: 5
    Gaslight: 1
    vagrant_winds: 1
    M.D.: 1
    Smoove Operator: 1
    INANTP: 1
    tzeentchling: 1
    Baidol: 1
    sportzboy: 1
    No vote: 3

Total: 42

If one of the seven who voted for kime has a power where the public vote is meaningless, but they make a private vote for Gumpy that counts for more than 1, that would have been enough to tip the balance over to Gumpy.

Correction on this tally.

Kime received only 6 votes. That Dave Fella received 1.

A simple +2 vote manip would put Gumpy over the top.

• Options
    tzeentchlingtzeentchling Doctor of Rocks OaklandRegistered User regular
    Cayrus wrote: »
    I will explain nothing other than that charge is simply ridiculous.

This is sneaky/mafia as f**k.

• Options
    Smoove OperatorSmoove Operator Registered User regular
    Baidol wrote: »
    Correction on this tally.

Kime received only 6 votes. That Dave Fella received 1.

A simple +2 vote manip would put Gumpy over the top.

That seems way more plausible than the last vote manip theory.

Honesty, Integrity, Handshakefulness

HoTS: Schmutz#1686
  • Options
    CayrusCayrus Consul Friends, Romans, countrymen, lend me your ears!Registered User regular

If you must know, I was pretending to be a busdriver and implicating Baidol for fun.

Former Secret Service Agent Nathaniel Ford in Call of Cthulhu: Whispers in the Darkness

Henri Emmanuel Gratien St Pierre in Where No Man Has Gone Before

Lord Augustus Cumberbatch in Eclipse Phase
  • Options
    SLyMSLyM Registered User regular
    for...

fun.

huh

My friend is working on a roguelike game you can play if you want to. (It has free demo)
  • Options
    Basically, Cayrus and I are dead tonight. If the village doesn't kill us, the mafias will.

At least you won't be losing a village special!

• Options
    AssuranAssuran Is swinging on the Spiral Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    This is an extremely important announcement.

After checking, rechecking, triple-checking, quadrouple checking, and then checking one more time, I and all the spreadsheeters I talked with missed Matev's vote post on Day 2.

I had Matev's vote in my spreadsheat all day, but my total was different from everyone elses all day long, so I asked for double checks to confirm myself. We all missed Matev.

After checking yet again and conversing with Matev, I realized I was right all along.

I blame the youtube post for distracting me (or really, just me.)

The daily narrative will be changing to reflect this fact.

Oh, and also the Supreme Chancellor for the night.

I deeply regret the error.

Assuran on
  • Options
    AnialosAnialos Collies are love, Collies are life! Shadowbrook ColliesRegistered User regular
    This should be...interesting.

• Options
    SLyMSLyM Registered User regular
    oh boy

My friend is working on a roguelike game you can play if you want to. (It has free demo)
  • Options
    The only good thing I about this is that it was caught early and has not effected the outcome of the game.

• Options
    Right, so now we can put to rest Chancellors serving only one-day terms.

• Options
    CayrusCayrus Consul Friends, Romans, countrymen, lend me your ears!Registered User regular
    So does that mean that vote manip was for sure used? So Gumpy.

Former Secret Service Agent Nathaniel Ford in Call of Cthulhu: Whispers in the Darkness

Henri Emmanuel Gratien St Pierre in Where No Man Has Gone Before

Lord Augustus Cumberbatch in Eclipse Phase
  • Options
    This is a friendly reminder that I have started my work week as of last night. I will be offline during daylight hours starting between 9-10 AM EST starting today, but will be back between 7 and 8 PM EST to answer any questions that may have risen.

Thank you.

And again, I sincerly apologize for the host error.

• Options
    JABMonkeyJABMonkey Cincinnati, OHRegistered User regular
    That is a lot of dead people. . .and not nearly enough of them are bad guys...

• Options
    GumpyGumpy There is always a greater powerRegistered User regular
    !Baidol

Knowingly killing off a senator is another of the reasons to flush you outta this game Baidol

• Options
    MrTLiciousMrTLicious Registered User regular
    I really hope Baidol and Cayrus are different kinds of mafia. I think that is the funniest possible scenario, but also beneficial to the village.

• Options
    NullzoneNullzone Registered User regular
    Cayrus wrote: »

If you must know, I was pretending to be a busdriver and implicating Baidol for fun.

Cayrus.

• Options
    jdarksun

Anialos asked us to give it to Gumpy, so he's more than likely a good guy. If he is, then the manipulation was an attempt to get us to waste the vote on someone. The fact that you're pushing that so hard means you either took the bait, or are just being heavy handed in trying to push it on us, and I think you're too clever by half for it to be the former.

• Options
    You are of course right and I am projecting my own thought processes on those around me.

But I still think the Gumpy vote is a bad one for the reasons stated.

• Options
    JABMonkeyJABMonkey Cincinnati, OHRegistered User regular
    Yeah. I'm following JDark on this one. Gumpy needs to go.

• Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    I RULE FROM MY THRONE ONCE AGAIN

Also, all you people talking about how vote manip wasn't used? You're on my short list.

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Options
    Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    MrT, I can confirm that the quoted conversation parts are from early yesterday morning. JDark has given gumpy multiple opportunities to provide a response, and they seem to have largely been ignored. This makes me rather uneasy, especially from the person running the network. As such, I will have to also cast my lot in for Gumpy

• Options
    When the day gets closer to an end, I'd like more votes for me, please. Right now we still have the suspicious people leading the vote, which is good, but we need to remember to fix the second place vote.

Steam profile
  • Options
    l3lasphemer69l3lasphemer69 Registered User regular
    OoooOoOOOo

Well it seems it took the most badass bounty hunter in the galaxy to take me out

OooOooOOOoooo

• Options
    NullzoneNullzone Registered User regular
    Considering the theme, is it so farfetched that all the greens are part of the Jedi order?

• Options
    Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    Nullzone wrote: »
    Considering the theme, is it so farfetched that all the greens are part of the Jedi order?

Last night alone, 2 senators died green

• Options
    RetabaRetaba A Cultist Registered User regular
    Some Jedi are green, not all green are Jedi.

• Options
    Can we get links to the narrations in the OP? thanks

Steam profile
  • Options
    El SkidEl Skid The frozen white northRegistered User regular
    As I mentioned before, it seems clear that greens are villagers who are not specials (senators/jedi/whatever), and dark blues are village specials (both Padme and Obi-Wan were dark blue).

• Options
    EVOLEVOL Registered User regular
    Gumpy yet again.

• Options
    Smoove OperatorSmoove Operator Registered User regular
    I dislike Gumpy shenanigans, but I dislike Cayrus shenanigans more. I reserve the right to change this, though if @Vertroue can confirm that whatever Cayrus said and edited last night was innocuous.

Honesty, Integrity, Handshakefulness

HoTS: Schmutz#1686
  • Options
    El Skid wrote: »
    As I mentioned before, it seems clear that greens are villagers who are not specials (senators/jedi/whatever), and dark blues are village specials (both Padme and Obi-Wan were dark blue).

Yeah, that seems clear.

Steam profile
  • Options
    sportzboytjwsportzboytjw squeeeeeezzeeee some more tax breaks outRegistered User regular
    I am concerned that Cayrus prank was actually a badly planned gambit. If it ends up being a geniune prank between 2 villagers... oy!

Walkerdog on MTGO
    TylerJ on League of Legends (it's free and fun!)
  • Options
    Just reminding everyone again, so that when you all screw up I can be held blameless (:P)...

Later in the day, you need to vote for me. We can't have people we suspect in second place. Which is the way things will naturally happen, because it's how they typically should happen, but we can't let it happen this time.

Steam profile
  • Options
    Kime, your faith in us is OVERWHELMING

• Options
    Kime, your faith in us is OVERWHELMING

If there is one thing Phalla has taught me, it's that if the village can screw up, it will screw up :P.

Like, individually, we may all know what to do. But as a group, we fail pretty epicly.

Steam profile
  • Options
    El SkidEl Skid The frozen white northRegistered User regular
    Yeah, I'm thinking the village telling kime what a good job he did if they lose this is....maybe one of the signs of the apocolypse?

• Options
    This phalla has already broken four of the seven seals. I fear that the end times are upon us. We must band together for safety from the coming Kimepocalypse. ApocaKime?