Options

[Phalla] Wars: Republic (Village) Victory! Special shoutout to the SK (The Anonymous)!

• Options
    Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    This is better than the soap operas on telemundo!

• Options
    AnialosAnialos Collies are love, Collies are life! Shadowbrook ColliesRegistered User regular
    Baidol wrote: »
    Anialos wrote: »
    For it was a coup, wouldn't Kime be dead? I'm betting it's just a mechanic that you can't remain chancellor for more than one "term". Besides, I'd like an answer about this business with @Cayrus agreeing to busdrive myself and Kime for you Baidol.

I...cannot interpret this statement. Clarify.
    Cayrus wrote: »
    Uhm hi

This post was edited to hide his shame.

I do not have the exact text available since he's quick, but the jist was that he was busdriving myself and kime on your command.

• Options
    EVOLEVOL Registered User regular
    Uh, wow.

Now I'm kinda mad at myself for never getting on this new-fangled phalla thing earlier.

• Options
    Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    I thought editing posts in phalla was frowned upon?

• Options
    AnialosAnialos Collies are love, Collies are life! Shadowbrook ColliesRegistered User regular
    Editing vote posts is verboten. The other kind just makes you look mafia as all hell.

• Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    I thought editing posts in phalla was frowned upon?

Vote posts is not allowed.

Anything else just makes you look like a suspicious bugger.
    EVOL wrote: »
    Uh, wow.

Now I'm kinda mad at myself for never getting on this new-fangled phalla thing earlier.

:D Glad you like it!

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Options
    Oh, and Can the chancellor remain in office for more than one night?

• Options
    Ah, ok. I edited a post in the PHA/LLA game recently and someone said something about it. I didn't know if it was a universal rule or what. Thanks!

• Options
    CayrusCayrus Consul Friends, Romans, countrymen, lend me your ears!Registered User regular
    kime wrote: »
    I assume the fraudulent vote was just to explain why it was Gumpy (third place) and not you (second place). Perhaps the votes for kime we void due to his incumbency?

So he's explaining a phenomenon with a different phenomenon? With one that has real implications in the game?

No, I don't think so, Cayrus

Or perhaps the vote was close enough that vote manipulation was used. In the first example Gumpy could be innocent, the second implicates him as mafia, unless he's a patsy.

Former Secret Service Agent Nathaniel Ford in Call of Cthulhu: Whispers in the Darkness

Henri Emmanuel Gratien St Pierre in Where No Man Has Gone Before

Lord Augustus Cumberbatch in Eclipse Phase
  • Options
    ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    edited May 2012
    Alright, time to analyze this beast.

45 players at 20% mafia would mean 9 mafia. But we have two mafias, so 5 per mafia if sticking with the standard 20% rule.

Considering there could and should be crossfire (even though there hasn't been), maybe he bumped it up to 6 per mafia. Add Palpatine and the SK and that puts us at 14 non-village and 31 village.

We've lost 9. Then each mafia has lost one and Palpy is dead.

We are then at around 22 people. Mafia each at 5 and the SK is out there.

For it was a coup, wouldn't Kime be dead? I'm betting it's just a mechanic that you can't remain chancellor for more than one "term". Besides, I'd like an answer about this business with @Cayrus agreeing to busdrive myself and Kime for you Baidol.

Uhm hi

I do not have the exact text available since he's quick, but the jist was that he was busdriving myself and kime on your command.

Wait, what.

Baidol and Cayrus... you have some esplainin' to do.

ObiFett on
  • Options
    BaidolBaidol I will hold him off Escape while you canRegistered User regular

Uhm hi

Hahahahahahahahahahahaha what

I have not communicated with anyone via PM this phalla, other than what Gumpy has initiated in his soft-networking efforts.

Steam Overwatch: Baidol#1957
  • Options
    I assume the fraudulent vote was just to explain why it was Gumpy (third place) and not you (second place). Perhaps the votes for kime we void due to his incumbency?

So he's explaining a phenomenon with a different phenomenon? With one that has real implications in the game?

No, I don't think so, Cayrus

Or perhaps the vote was close enough that vote manipulation was used. In the first example Gumpy could be innocent, the second implicates him as mafia, unless he's a patsy.

My point is that the narration obviously indicates vote manipulation. If that wasn't involved, then the narrations are now untrustworthy, which is unfortunate since every other indication shows that they are not.

The fact that you seemed to just let that slip by in your first post is weird and suspicious.

Steam profile
  • Options
    And to avoid editing that post, I am also going to change that to "PM or proboard".

• Options
    CayrusCayrus Consul Friends, Romans, countrymen, lend me your ears!Registered User regular
    I will explain nothing other than that charge is simply ridiculous.

Former Secret Service Agent Nathaniel Ford in Call of Cthulhu: Whispers in the Darkness

• Options

Uhm hi

I have not communicated with anyone via PM this phalla, other than what Gumpy has initiated in his soft-networking efforts.

Well then, I expect a PM from you telling me who you are! I also expect Cayrus to be found guilty by his peers and arrested as an enemy of good.

• Options
    And to avoid editing that post, I am also going to change that to "PM or proboard".

Clever

:P

Steam profile
  • Options
    Ok, then you two.

Why would Anialos make that up?

• Options
    ObiFett wrote: »
    Ok, then you two.

Mace Windu feels the pull of the dark side...

Steam profile
  • Options

Uhm hi

Well then, I expect a PM from you telling me who you are! I also expect Cayrus[/color] to be found guilty by his peers and arrested as an enemy of good.

I'm thinking Baidol is the better vote. If Cayrus is taking orders from him, then get rid of the head.

• Options
    El SkidEl Skid The frozen white northRegistered User regular
    So either the confirmed vig has been hanging out with kime too much and has turned into Kime Jr., or we potentially have 2 mafia here?

...I am going to hope for option 2, in a really really optimistic way.

Cayrus

• Options
    If I had busdriven anyone, don't you think that a) it would show up and b) had some effect and c) I wouldn't announce it in the thread?

Nothing happened to either Anialos or kime, so if I did busdrive them it was wasted.

My edited post was simply a dumb thing that I said that I instantly regretted, nothing more.

• Options
    Actually.... kime

Steam profile
  • Options
    Hey, one of the two needs to eat it. I'd rather have the supposed busdriver dead myself! We just cannot let the other be second in votes. I repeat, Cayrus/Baidol cannot be 1,2 in votes!

• Options
    ObiFett wrote: »
    Ok, then you two.

Mace Windu feels the pull of the dark side...

You'd like that wouldn't you.

• Options
    Uhm hi
    Oh crap, ignore that.
    vertroue wrote: »
    o?

Vertroue saw what I did Cayrus. Care to explain your follow up post? Fits my version of events perfectly.

If you look at the time stamps you edited that first post immediately after your follow up and @Vertroue noticing the slip.

• Options
    If I had busdriven anyone, don't you think that a) it would show up and b) had some effect and c) I wouldn't announce it in the thread?

Nothing happened to either Anialos or kime, so if I did busdrive them it was wasted.

My edited post was simply a dumb thing that I said that I instantly regretted, nothing more.

Cayrus, if some idiocy of yours gets me killed through no fault of my own and we are both villagers, I will never stop laughing.

• Options

Cayrus, if some idiocy of yours gets me killed through no fault of my own and we are both villagers, I will never stop laughing.

That post

Seriously, you both need to go.

• Options
    AkimboLegsAkimboLegs Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    Actually.... kime

I'm guessing this is to put you in second to prevent a Cayrus/Baidol shenanigan, but I think a completely new target might be better. There might be a mechanic that prevents you EVER becoming the Chancellor again, so it would automatically drop to 3rd again, and we might have the same issue. And while we could try to account for that, it's hard enough to convince a village to do stuff without seerings, having an ordered 1-2-3, without the possibility of inviting vote shenanigans is asking for trouble.

Edit: the post I am quoting is where kime votes for himself, just wanted to remove the colours

AkimboLegs on
  • Options
    AssuranAssuran Is swinging on the Spiral Registered User regular
    How screwed are we?

You tell me.
    Oh, and Can the chancellor remain in office for more than one night?

Clarification Denied.

• Options
    Best to assume they cannot then.

• Options
    Best to assume they cannot then.

I disagree. The narration seems clear on what happened.

Steam profile
  • Options
    warbanwarban Who the Hoof do you think we are? Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    I have a pop quiz question for everyone, Which role in the entire history of Phalla has always benefited the most from information sharing with soft networks?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Wi8Fv0AJA4

Is it A) The Vig B) Network Head C) Serial Killer?

warban on
    ACE ✰ PONY ✰ DETECTIVE!
  • Options
    AkimboLegsAkimboLegs Registered User regular
    Did we ever get an exact count of how far separated kime and gumpy were?

• Options
    AssuranAssuran Is swinging on the Spiral Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    Before I forget, Jdarksun and Ketbra why must you kill kittens by not voting? I'm watching you.

Assuran on
  • Options
    Brian: 19
    Kime: 7
    Gumpy: 5
    Gaslight: 1
    vagrant_winds: 1
    M.D.: 1
    Smoove Operator: 1
    INANTP: 1
    tzeentchling: 1
    Baidol: 1
    sportzboy: 1
    No vote: 3

Total: 42

If one of the seven who voted for kime has a power where the public vote is meaningless, but they make a private vote for Gumpy that counts for more than 1, that would have been enough to tip the balance over to Gumpy.

• Options
    MrTLiciousMrTLicious Registered User regular
    Why is everyone dying?

And why didn't anyone die on day 1?

• Options
    MrTLicious wrote: »
    Why is everyone dying?

And why didn't anyone die on day 1?

Depends on the mechanics.

The mafia may have x number of points to spend on actions and the Sith may have spent their points on roleblocking on Day 1, while the CIS went full-out brawling.

• Options
    Smoove OperatorSmoove Operator Registered User regular
    If one of the seven who voted for kime has a power where the public vote is meaningless, but they make a private vote for Gumpy that counts for more than 1, that would have been enough to tip the balance over to Gumpy.

That seems...unnecessarily complex. Isn't it more likely that one cannot serve consecutive terms as Chancellor than a "Meaningless Double-Secret Fake-Out Vote" mechanic?

Honesty, Integrity, Handshakefulness

HoTS: Schmutz#1686
  • Options

That seems...unnecessarily complex. Isn't it more likely that one cannot serve consecutive terms as Chancellor than a "Meaningless Double-Secret Fake-Out Vote" mechanic?

The narration explicitly states that vote manipulation is happening.

• Options
    Smoove OperatorSmoove Operator Registered User regular
    It also explicitly states that the Chancellor is a temporary position. Maybe its a combination of both?

Honesty, Integrity, Handshakefulness

HoTS: Schmutz#1686