Options

Arkham Horror: Game Over! Ancient One Victory!

• Options
    mi-go huntermi-go hunter Once again I'm back in the lab. Cleaning my knives, ready for stabs.Registered User regular
    Good point, thanks Cerberus. :)

Kate Winthrop gains a Silver Twilight Membership. Whenever you have encounters at the Silver Twilight Lodge, you have Inner Sanctum encounters instead.

@Bedlam to finish up by combating the vampire.

• Options
    MrBodyMrBody Registered User regular
    Fun fact: $1 in 1926 was worth $12.21 in 2010 dollars.

http://www.westegg.com/inflation/infl.cgi

• Options
    mi-go huntermi-go hunter Once again I'm back in the lab. Cleaning my knives, ready for stabs.Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    MrBody wrote: »
    Fun fact: $1 in 1926 was worth $12.21 in 2010 dollars.

http://www.westegg.com/inflation/infl.cgi

So Motorcycles were quite the bargain huh?

mi-go hunter on
  • Options
    sportzboytjwsportzboytjw squeeeeeezzeeee some more tax breaks outRegistered User regular
    This game seems so good. I want to play it, but I have zero knowledge of it at all. I can't wait til the kids are teenagers so we can play some of this craziness.

Walkerdog on MTGO
    TylerJ on League of Legends (it's free and fun!)
  • Options
    Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    When do I get to fire my gun blindly at things while slowly going insane again?

• Options
    edited May 2012
    This game seems so good. I want to play it, but I have zero knowledge of it at all. I can't wait til the kids are teenagers so we can play some of this craziness.

Would you be interested in having a reserve spot, @sportzboytjw and a spot in the next game?

And patience McGlen, after the Mythos Phase you can go ahead and be gangsta.

mi-go hunter on
  • Options
    Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    Sorry. Gotta save face with the team. I'm a-rootin' for a-shootin'

• Options
    sportzboytjwsportzboytjw squeeeeeezzeeee some more tax breaks outRegistered User regular
    I'm kind of interested, but I have 0 idea how to play. Reading through some of the plays already though...

Walkerdog on MTGO
  • Options
    BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
    I'm kind of interested, but I have 0 idea how to play. Reading through some of the plays already though...
    This is pretty much me and here I am.

Stop being such a sportzboy and start maning up!

• Options
    sportzmantjw reporting for doody.

I may be basically on the GOO team to start with though.

Walkerdog on MTGO
  • Options

@Bedlam to finish up by combating the vampire.
    I got a meeting I gotta go to so I cant resolve this right this minute.

Probably going to have to use an item against it? 1d6 damage could wreck me. Looking for advice from the other players for when I get back plz.

• Options
    edited May 2012
    Reserve list is getting mighty long...

But who cares? :P Anybody interested is welcome to sign up!

mi-go hunter on
  • Options
    NullzoneNullzone Registered User regular
    HEH HEH HE SAID DOODY

Posting to maybe claim a spot on the next game, if there's room! :P

• Options
    CayrusCayrus Consul Friends, Romans, countrymen, lend me your ears!Registered User regular
    At this rate the Vampire is going to die of boredom! :P

Former Secret Service Agent Nathaniel Ford in Call of Cthulhu: Whispers in the Darkness

Henri Emmanuel Gratien St Pierre in Where No Man Has Gone Before

Lord Augustus Cumberbatch in Eclipse Phase
  • Options
    NoizRnelNoizRnel Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    Bedlam wrote: »
    Probably going to have to use an item against it? 1d6 damage could wreck me. Looking for advice from the other players for when I get back plz.

@Bedlam Well, remember that you have +1 Fight, and there is Heat Wave.. so currently I think there are two options you can choose:
    - Use Holy Water (+6 to combat checks) so you can roll 5 dice.
    - OR if you would like to save your Holy Water you can risk it by spending your clue tokens (because of your skill, by spending one clue token you may roll 2 dice instead of one).

And just to let all of you know, I am considering of hosting a game of Arkham Horror as well after this. So I can take any extra reserves off of mi-go hunter's hands :winky:

NoizRnel on
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    Cayrus wrote: »

The vampire is a chivalrous opponent! He is giving the nun time draw her weapon.

Nullzone wrote: »
    HEH HEH HE SAID DOODY

Posting to maybe claim a spot on the next game, if there's room! :P

THERE'S ALWAYS A PLACE FOR THE INSANE. Looks like an eight-player game next time...

NoizRnel wrote: »
    And just to let all of you know, I am considering of hosting a game of Arkham Horror as well after this. So I can take any extra reserves off of mi-go hunter's hands :winky:

Spread the insanity love!

mi-go hunter on
  • Options

@Bedlam Well, remember that you have +1 Fight, and there is Heat Wave.. so currently I think there are two options you can choose:
    - OR if you would like to save your Holy Water you can risk it by spending your clue tokens (because of your skill, by spending one clue token you may roll 2 dice instead of one).

@NoizRnel or @mi-go hunter

Does the -2 of the vampire mean I roll two less dice though? Or does it mean I need two success to pass the test?

• Options
    edited May 2012

Does the -2 of the vampire mean I roll two less dice though? Or does it mean I need two success to pass the test?

The -2 modifier means you roll two less dice on the Combat check. Remember that Heat Wave further increases the modifier to -3

mi-go hunter on
  • Options
    I work all day and can only get online through the library now since I dont have a laptap or ipad or anything cool and no internet at home (am trying to find a new place to stay to fix this)

So as long as I am brining this up I should mention that I might not be able to get on this sunday or monday because of the american holiday. Hope thats not too much of a problem for everyone :S

• Options
    CayrusCayrus Consul Friends, Romans, countrymen, lend me your ears!Registered User regular
    I was just kidding Bedlam. The first time i have to fight anything I'm sure its going to take longer than this.

Former Secret Service Agent Nathaniel Ford in Call of Cthulhu: Whispers in the Darkness

• Options

The -2 modifier means you roll two less dice on the Combat check. Remember that Heat Wave further increases the modifier to -3
    Thats what I thought. Im going to use the holy water then and roll 5 like Noiz said:

5d6 → [5,3,4,2,5] = (19)

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3532507/

A winner is me?

• Options
    And then I do an upkeep roll for blessing:

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3532509/

Its a 3.

• Options
    I was just kidding Bedlam. The first time i have to fight anything I'm sure its going to take longer than this.
    Yeah I wasnt really planning on slugging it out. Thinking Id be more of the run away type but I didnt get the option so I might focus my fight tomorrow.

That random skill sure as hell came in handy though.

• Options
    So as long as I am brining this up I should mention that I might not be able to get on this sunday or monday because of the american holiday. Hope thats not too much of a problem for everyone :S

No prob, totally fine with that.

The vampire is defeated! Sister Mary collects one clue token and receives a Cabala of Saboth: http://www.arkhamhorrorwiki.com/Cabala_of_Saboth

• Options
    Of course its a lore check! Damn!

Hey mi-go make it a luck check already! I am ready for those :P

• Options
    edited May 2012
    Of course its a lore check! Damn!

Hey mi-go make it a luck check already! I am ready for those :P

Sorry fella, Tomes are all lore. You can give it to someone smarter if you'd like!

Mythos phase coming in a moment.

mi-go hunter on
  • Options
    MYTHOS PHASE:

Mythos9.png

A clue token appears in Hibb's Roadhouse.
    A doom token is added. Cthulhu's doom track is at 3/13

A gate to R'lyeh (Symbol: Cross Modifier: -3) opens in the Black Cave!

A Cultist appears in the Black Cave!
    A Warlock is added to the Outskirts (the MONSTER LIMIT is reached)
    The Shoggoth moves to the Miskatonic U. Streets
    The Dimensional Shambler moves to the Miskatonic U. Streets

• Options
  • Options
    You may begin Upkeep and Movement Phases!
    @Bedlam
    @BobCesca
    @NoizRNel
    @TheRoadVirus
    @Cayrus
    @Mr. Mojo Risin

Harvey gains $2 from the Retainer. He does NOT have to roll for it this round.

• Options
    edited May 2012
    Adjusting skill sliders:
    SPEED/SNEAK: 3/4 (no change)
    FIGHT/WILL: 2/3 (no change)
    LORE/LUCK: 0//3

Move to 2nd space of the Abyss

NoizRnel on
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    @Mr. Mojo Risin
    Ashcan, do you think you can hang in there without a weapon? I can lend you my Axe if you want. Let me know!

NoizRnel on
  • Options
    I slide my Fight/Will to 4/3 and move to the black cave.
    I do my horror check against the cultist.
    My will is 3, so I roll 3 dice, yes?
    3d6 = 4, 5, 6 link here
    Since I passed that, I will of course be shooting him in and around the face. Fight = 4, plus 6 from my tommy gun, plus one from the cultist itself = 11 die
    11d6 → [5,6,3,1,3,5,1,5,3,2,1] = (35) link here

So, it's dead and I get to go play with portals now?

• Options
    Where shall I go to spend my hard earned cash?

• Options
    NullzoneNullzone Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    IIRC you don't even fight him, the portal sucks you in before you get a chance.

Nullzone on
  • Options
    3d6 = 4, 5, 6 link here
    Since I passed that, I will of course be shooting him in and around the face. Fight = 4, plus 6 from my tommy gun, plus one from the cultist itself = 11 die

Unfortubately, the modifier is -2 for the Horror check, so you have to redo it. With your current Will at 3, you only get to roll 1 die.
    @TheRoadVirus

• Options
    edited May 2012
    Nullzone wrote: »
    IIRC you don't even fight him, the portal sucks you in before you get a chance.
    No, I believe theRoadVirus is correct. You must confront (sneak past or kill) the monster(s) before entering a gate.

NoizRnel on
  • Options
    Mr. Mojo RisinMr. Mojo Risin Registered User regular
    Adjusting skill sliders :
    speed/sneak no change
    fight/will 4/3
    lore/luck no change
    move to 2nd space of the abyss
    I think ill be alright without a weapon.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    3d6 = 4, 5, 6 link here

Unfortubately, the modifier is -2 for the Horror check, so you have to redo it. With your current Will at 3, you only get to roll 1 die.
    @TheRoadVirus

My bad! I went off of the stats on the wiki. :(
    1d6 → [4] = (4)
    invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3532546/
    I didn't pass did I?

• Options
    edited May 2012
    Peoples, slow down!

@Cayrus, the Curiositie Shoppe close by can offer shiny Unique Items. The General Store can offer Common Items. The Ye Olde Magick Shoppe offers spells.

During the movement phase, you combat all beastly monsters. Then in the Arkham Encounters Phase, IF the location you are on has a gate you are sucked in. So TheRoadVirus still has to fight the Cultist.

mi-go hunter on
  • Options
    3d6 = 4, 5, 6 link here

@TheRoadVirus

My bad! I went off of the stats on the wiki. :(
    1d6 → [4] = (4)
    invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3532546/
    I didn't pass did I?

Nope... it's off to the loony house for you again! @TheRoadVirus must select one item to discard.