Options

[Day Z] Like a Japanese game show, where the prize is breaking your legs.

• Options
    msuitepyonmsuitepyon Registered User regular
    I would enjoy a system that were environmental--crawling in dirt, mud, sand? Better keep a cleaning kit handy.

• Options
    HaleskarthHaleskarth Registered User regular
    edited August 2012
    I would enjoy a system that didn't tell you.

*books it into fire station, turns around to unload on zombie horde... click... click....*

Haleskarth has died.

Haleskarth on
  • Options
    0Replace4Displace0Replace4Displace The best girls are ships and guns. Registered User regular
    Weapon decay is fine if you can check but it doesn't tell you outright. You have to disassemble your rifle.

u4OkoEI.png
  • Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    So I hate myself and decided to try my luck in public servers yesterday night. First server I got into, died near the NW airport because there was quite literally nothing there but zombies. Couldn't find food to eat, had no matches to cook raw game, couldn't get any ammo for any gun I found (found a few AK74s). So I pretty much got to 800 life, and I couldn't see anymore, so I just pretty much ran at zombies.

Respawned, got kicked for scripting? (wtf?)

Okay. left that server went into the next one. Started out good, got a jerry can, a gun and pistol right off the bat. Went through cherno. What's this. A helicopter and 2 ATVs just chilling? That can't be right. I sneak up to the copter. No one's there. Oh wait there they are. They were parked right next to the hospital (on that little helipad thing where it spawns). So I hop in. I take that motherfucker off. See ya later alligators. They came storming out and shooting at me as soon as they heard me fire up the rotors. I ended up landing in the Factory over by berezino (like the easiest place in the world to defend) and refueling it, then taking it to the middle of fucking nowhere on the west side of the map.

How much do you want to bet the next time I log in it's gone?

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    0Replace4Displace0Replace4Displace The best girls are ships and guns. Registered User regular
    edited August 2012
    Going to the NWAF without food and some way to defend yourself without just making the situation worse is a bit foolish.

Weasel, Ryke and myself have been playing on random servers starting from scratch and it's been a fucking riot.

0Replace4Displace on
    u4OkoEI.png
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    I spawned pretty much right outside it somehow, figured what the hell. (halfway between sobor and the airport)

Last I knew I was in the outskirts of elektro. The two people I was playing with had just gotten their face shot off and I was behind a hut about to turn the corner and high tailed into the woods after they did.

Figured I'd take my chances and run into a semiworking helicopter or vehicle of some sort that I might be able to get out without dying. I was pretty fucked either way (I did stop in sobor briefly and found ammo but no guns anywhere).

Hardest thing is finding god damned matches to kill game to get my health back. Really wish I could give myself a blood transfusion even if it only gave back like 3-4000 hp.

bowen on
    not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    Also, I want this modded into DayZ.

fucking now

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kZc0mwTbgwI

u4OkoEI.png
  • Options
    Haha holy shit, what the hell is that.

• Options
    BigDesBigDes Registered User regular
    That is pretty Orky

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Although that does give me an idea that would be neat for the standalone

While I think having actual military vehicles should be a rarity I see nothing wrong with being able to put steel sheeting onto a bus to armor it slightly

Or hell put in technicals

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    Rocket's wanting to do that.

If not being able to mount a weapon onto a vehicle, firing from it should be possible.

Do you guys remember that Tallahassz guy?

Look at the top comment on this video. Gave me a good laugh.

0Replace4Displace on
    u4OkoEI.png
  • Options
    johnwingjohnwing Registered User regular
    I usually go to low pop server to gear up when I died, but now I got to high pop servers en go to sniper hill in elektro. With a hatchet and a little luck you can gear up very fast there. I found three bodies just now all died due to a sniper bandit fight. Got all the tools including gps, toolbox, nvg and range finder. Got coyote backpack and a l85 aws. Got geared up within 30 min..

• Options
    It's when you have all that gear that you realize the goal isn't having gear, it's getting gear. Finding it all randomly off of some guy's corpse just kinda ruins it.

u4OkoEI.png
  • Options
    It's when you have all that gear that you realize the goal isn't having gear, it's getting gear. Finding it all randomly off of some guy's corpse just kinda ruins it.

That is true. But have no fear I just lost it to an unseen as50 sniper. :P

• Options
    KogareruKogareru Registered User regular
    edited August 2012
    Hey guys, I think I may have figured out why we were having some problems with mumble once it got to around 10 users (my bandwidth should be able to support 25 - 30 or so). For some reason I wasn't allowing udp and so I was seeing a %100 packet loss this was also affecting the population report. It's been fixed and is now showing no packets lost. so let me know if it gives you guys problems with robot voices or anything.

I think I might play tonight got to get in some time before Guild Wars 2 starts :)

ALSO! Rocket is asking for people to post their most wanted features/ideas and he is responding with his thoughts on things:
    http://www.reddit.com/r/dayz/comments/ymn3m/what_features_do_you_most_want_in_dayz/

Kogareru on
    GW2: mKoga-Ultra
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Yeah

Ever since I got to the camp I've been playing hella dangerously

Like just charging into areas without scouting them out and stuff

Cause like I have an M249 and an M1911 and grenades and all sorts of shit so zombies can die

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Anyone know if you can somehow get a gun into your backpack? Sometimes when I'm not facing armed conflict in an area I like to use the axe. But I don't want to drop my gun. Is there anyway to do that? Everytime I do it disappears.

• Options
    bowen wrote: »
    Anyone know if you can somehow get a gun into your backpack? Sometimes when I'm not facing armed conflict in an area I like to use the axe. But I don't want to drop my gun. Is there anyway to do that? Everytime I do it disappears.

Drop the gun first, then put it in your backpack

You need eight (I think may be more) free slots for a long gun and four(?) for a pistol

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Thanks!

• Options
    BigDes wrote: »
    bowen wrote: »

Drop the gun first, then put it in your backpack

You need eight (I think may be more) free slots for a long gun and four(?) for a pistol

That would be 10 slots for a primary weapon and 5 slots for a sidearm. Make sure there is at least the required amount of slots available in the backpack or you will "lose" your gun. Apparently you don't lose the gun but it will spawn nearby only very rarely visible.

• Options
    edited August 2012
    It's something I'd only advise if your only gun was a Lee Enfield or double-barrel, though.

0Replace4Displace on
    u4OkoEI.png
  • Options
    AxenAxen My avatar is Excalibur. Yes, the sword.Registered User regular
    I kind of hope he changes how many slots each weapon takes. I mean there is a fairly noticeable size difference between an M4 and a M16/203 or a M107 for that matter! :P

A Capellan's favorite sheath for any blade is your back.
  • Options
    The_TuninatorThe_Tuninator Registered User regular
    I will welcome pretty much any changes to the inventory system that move it away from being the cumbersome beast it is now. Sometimes I feel like I have to sacrifice a goat just to get something into/out of my backpack.

• Options
  • Options
    HaleskarthHaleskarth Registered User regular
    I swear bloody, every time I log on I run into you. My old roomie came by, wanted to show him how things have progressed since back when I played with him and we never even saw a ghillie suit. Our camp is always an experience.

• Options
    BloodycowBloodycow Registered User regular
    Yea sorry, we seem to log on about the same time :) Always good to give someone a scare though.

" I am a warrior, so that my son may be a merchant, so that his son may be a poet.”
    ― John Quincy Adams
  • Options
    That inventory system is cool

What I'd like is someway to expand it without having to get a new backpack

Like being able to find the vests that you see soldiers wearing where they keep their ammo and scissors

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    vsovevsove ....also yes. Registered User regular
    I became a murderer today. Turned out I was killing a bandit, but still - my friend was checking the apartments in Cherno, and I wanted to provide him with some overwatch. Ran up the hill, saw something out of the corner of my eye. Turned out to be a guy with a ghillie suit shooting at folks in Cherno. He saw me just as I saw him, we opened up on each other and my AKM proved the victor over his L85. Grabbed his gear (NVGs and Rangefinder, which I feel no guilt over acquiring as, duped or not, I won them through PVP) and booked it to a copse of trees.

Now I'm chilling, waiting for my friend to log back on and give me a transfusion. But I've got everything I want except a sniper rifle (got an L85A2 and an M4A1 CCO SD that I got off his corpse) and a ghillie.

WATCH THIS SPACE.
  • Options
    TefTef Registered User regular
    The first kill is the hardest :p

help a fellow forumer meet their mental health care needs because USA healthcare sucks!

Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better

bit.ly/2XQM1ke
  • Options
    vsovevsove ....also yes. Registered User regular
    Tef wrote: »
    The first kill is the hardest :p

I've killed before, but last two times were a murderer on the office building in Elektro, and a murderer in the Church in Elektro (the second time, I broke his legs, he killed me and then the zombies ate him).

This guy turned out to be a bandit as well, but I would've killed him either way. And this time, I had something to lose.

WATCH THIS SPACE.
  • Options
    TefTef Registered User regular
    Ah, I see.

In a closed society where everybody's guilty, the only crime is getting caught.

:rotate:

help a fellow forumer meet their mental health care needs because USA healthcare sucks!

Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better

bit.ly/2XQM1ke
  • Options
    Premier kakosPremier kakos Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Wakkawa, where are you?

• Options
    wakkawawakkawa Registered User regular
    I have been running between stary and nw airfield for days and haven't seen anyyyyoneeeee.

• Options
    MangoesMangoes Registered User regular
    You're not terribly far from our old camp. We've been server hopping with no gear quite a bit lately, but I'm surprised we haven't run into you.

• Options
    well

I guess finding a silenced G36 camo and a bunch of other stupid shit is a good way to end the DayZ shenanigans until GW in >20 hours.

u4OkoEI.png
  • Options
    GoodKingJayIIIGoodKingJayIII They wanna get my gold on the ceilingRegistered User regular
    I will never play this game, but I started watching a bunch of Bandit Diaries on YouTube and I'm pretty fascinated.

Are there any good survival diaries/LPs out there? I'd like to see someone chronicle this game from beginning (when you have almost nothing) to some stopping point. I imagine that's pretty fun to see.

Battletag: Threeve#1501; PSN: Threeve703; Steam: 3eeve
  • Options
    I'm geared up with bandit gear in cherno. They got killed on the tower in middle of cherno. Since I got nothing to lose I went for it and came back with some good loot. Shame they didn't have l85 aws. I want to go bandit hunting. Anyone got tips on where to find those bandit snipers in elektro and cherno? Do cherno bandit preferably go on top of buildings or shoot from the outskirts of cherno? In elektro you have sniper hill and hill next to it, are there any more places I should check for bandits?

• Options
    Jester814Jester814 Registered User regular
    Benevento and I can't find any action in Elektro, so we go up to Sniper Hill...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KHRjMixhhv0&feature=youtu.be

• Options
    TorgaironTorgairon Registered User regular
    johnwing wrote: »
    I'm geared up with bandit gear in cherno. They got killed on the tower in middle of cherno. Since I got nothing to lose I went for it and came back with some good loot. Shame they didn't have l85 aws. I want to go bandit hunting. Anyone got tips on where to find those bandit snipers in elektro and cherno? Do cherno bandit preferably go on top of buildings or shoot from the outskirts of cherno? In elektro you have sniper hill and hill next to it, are there any more places I should check for bandits?

hotspots in cherno:

- both hospital roofs. the one near the medical tents has an almost impregnable roof if you're prone and in third person watching for movement and people coming up the ladder - people run through to get medical supplies and check the military spawns all the time, which makes for painfully easy kills. the one near the apartments isn't nearly as safe due to it bordering the hills north of cherno, but has a similar amount of traffic due to new spawns and ghillie farmers.

- hills to the north, typically run by people coming to and from balota. gives a solid overwatch over most of the high-traffic buildings in town, but everyone looting restaurants, the church and probably the fire station is safe.

- fire station/restaurants/church: this is where I wouldn't expect to get sniped, but rather riddled with AK bullets. only worth mentioning because there's no particularly great area for sniping on this side of the city with all the urban sprawl.

overall, if I was really dedicated to bandit hunting, I'd just stick to elektro because of how infinitely attractive the combination of sniper hill and a really sight-line friendly city layout is to new spawn griefers.

• Options
    edited August 2012
    Torgairon wrote: »
    johnwing wrote: »

hotspots in cherno:

- both hospital roofs. the one near the medical tents has an almost impregnable roof if you're prone and in third person watching for movement and people coming up the ladder - people run through to get medical supplies and check the military spawns all the time, which makes for painfully easy kills. the one near the apartments isn't nearly as safe due to it bordering the hills north of cherno, but has a similar amount of traffic due to new spawns and ghillie farmers.

- hills to the north, typically run by people coming to and from balota. gives a solid overwatch over most of the high-traffic buildings in town, but everyone looting restaurants, the church and probably the fire station is safe.

- fire station/restaurants/church: this is where I wouldn't expect to get sniped, but rather riddled with AK bullets. only worth mentioning because there's no particularly great area for sniping on this side of the city with all the urban sprawl.

overall, if I was really dedicated to bandit hunting, I'd just stick to elektro because of how infinitely attractive the combination of sniper hill and a really sight-line friendly city layout is to new spawn griefers.

It does seem elektro is more active with snipers. Although I'm a bit hesitant going there. Last time I went bandit hunting there I got killed multiple times. Apparently the bandits I finally did kill where equipped with l85 AWS. They saw me coming before I saw them. I finally got their l85 aws, but lost it to a unknown as50 sniper. Counter sniping is hard.

Edit: Thanks for the info. Hope I won't die before they kill me.

johnwing on
This discussion has been closed.