As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Diablo 3] - The Prettiest Snowflake Never Melts in Hell (Inferno, on the other hand...)

19899100101102104»

• Options
    TorgaironTorgairon Registered User regular
    edited June 2012
    Rius wrote: »
    Ok guys, need some opinions. This is the shield I made;

forgedshield.jpg

Pros: 70+ str, 8.5% crit and 4% reduced melee damage is an extremely rare combo. Only 3 shields are listed with it.

Cons: Of the 3 shields listed, two are Stormshields with huge +resist all and +block chance. The other is a rare that is basically a Stormshield anyway.

So this shield is obviously not worth 9-12m but maybe it's worth something?

Realistically if I can sell it for 120k I'll cover the cost of making it.

well, realistically you're going to socket a vit gem but it still lacks allres, the most important shield stat. low block chance, too.

300k, imo.

Torgairon on
  • Options
    RiusRius Globex CEO Nobody ever says ItalyRegistered User regular
    I put it up for 250k; if it sells, I'll be satisfied.

• Options
    BehemothBehemoth Compulsive Seashell Collector Registered User regular
    Huh, I found an oar

iEP8w4PjGc3yQ.png

Never seen a magic item with flavor text. Anyone else seen one of these?

iQbUbQsZXyt8I.png
  • Options
    ShenShen Registered User regular
    Rius wrote: »
    Ok guys, need some opinions. This is the shield I made;

forgedshield.jpg

Pros: 70+ str, 8.5% crit and 4% reduced melee damage is an extremely rare combo. Only 3 shields are listed with it.

Cons: Of the 3 shields listed, two are Stormshields with huge +resist all and +block chance. The other is a rare that is basically a Stormshield anyway.

So this shield is obviously not worth 9-12m but maybe it's worth something?

Realistically if I can sell it for 120k I'll cover the cost of making it.

Edit: Damn it, I could have gotten 10% to 20% block chance and only got 13%. I think this isn't worth much more than it cost to make =/

Melee damage reduction is really nice, but I'm not sure if people are savvy enough to search for it yet. The other stats aren't so important in Inferno - did you try searching for just melee reduction and comparing with other shields that have "dud" stats? You'll easily make 120k, I'd start at 250k or so.

3DS: 2234-8122-8398 | Battle.net (EU): Ladi#2485
    ladi.png
  • Options
    -Loki--Loki- Don't pee in my mouth and tell me it's raining. Registered User regular
    edited June 2012
    Well this is fun.

Finally bought this, and I've spent the whole afternoon trying to update. At about 10mb downloaded, the downloader just ticks down to 0kbs, then instead of waiting to pick back up, just says the file is corrupt, have a nice day.

-Loki- on
  • Options
    kedinikkedinik Captain of Industry Registered User regular
    Behemoth wrote: »
    Huh, I found an oar

iEP8w4PjGc3yQ.png

Never seen a magic item with flavor text. Anyone else seen one of these?

I found an oar similar to that once.

Laughed and sold it to vendor.

I made a game! Hotline Maui. Requires mouse and keyboard.
  • Options
    BethrynBethryn Unhappiness is Mandatory Registered User regular
    The problem is that there are only 3 search fields, and they're generally taken up by Vit and All Res and the main.

A fourth field would go a long way to seeing stuff with lesser cool affixes selling more.

...and of course, as always, Kill Hitler.
  • Options
    TrunkersTrunkers Registered User regular
    I've found trawling the auction house to flip monk gear to be far more profitable than actually playing the game. Also, if makes me feel good that I am helping to correct the economy by consistently taking gold out of the system.

My MTG Cube Site - -http://riptidelab.com
  • Options
    BethrynBethryn Unhappiness is Mandatory Registered User regular
    ...and of course, as always, Kill Hitler.
  • Options
    Raiden333Raiden333 Registered User regular
    edited June 2012
    edit: whoops.

Raiden333 on
    There was a steam sig here. It's gone now.
This discussion has been closed.