As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

300: Pure, unleaded awesome

• Options
    ShogunShogun Hair long; money long; me and broke wizards we don't get along Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Also returned. An excellent movie. I look forward to reading the GN.

edit: if anyone needs me I'll be in the gym sculpting my physique until I look like those Spartans. Every one of those dudes was sporting a 10 pack.

Shogun on
  • Options
    AHH!AHH! Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    I know how to kill a rhino now
    Stab it in the eyessssssss

AHH! on
  • Options
    thorgotthorgot there is special providence in the fall of a sparrowRegistered User regular
    edited March 2007
    It was so awesome. So many awesome scenes that sent a chill down my spine. So many beautiful one liners. So many

realspoiler:
    awesome stabbings of councilors and Xerxes

In conclusion, awesome.

thorgot on
    campionthorgotsig.jpg
  • Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    AHH! wrote: »
    Really, that works to kill just about anything.

see317 on
  • Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    edited March 2007
    movie was so good it got rid of my cold. Very cool.

Variable on
    BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    DondumsDondums Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Kickass movie; it basically has given me a massive surge of testosterone - I want to kill something. Xerxes was a tall bastige, and it was basically just a whole lot of awesome. Manly awesome.

Dondums on
    internet
  • Options
    TehSpectreTehSpectre Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    High school football coaches who show this to their players before games are guaranteed to win 55-0. Should opposing coaches show the DVD to each of their teams before the matchup, a rupture in the space-time continuum will occur and the game will be declared a tie.
    Best review ever.

TehSpectre on
    9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • Options
    tbloxhamtbloxham Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Why must I wait till the 30th to see this! Curse you Atlantic Ocean!

If the spartans were here, they wouldnt stand for these release date delays.

tbloxham on
    "That is cool" - Abraham Lincoln
  • Options
    CantidoCantido Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    TehSpectre wrote: »
    High school football coaches who show this to their players before games are guaranteed to win 55-0. Should opposing coaches show the DVD to each of their teams before the matchup, a rupture in the space-time continuum will occur and the game will be declared a tie.
    Best review ever.

They should show it to our troops in Iraq. XD

Cantido on
    3DS Friendcode 5413-1311-3767
  • Options
    AngelofVengeanceAngelofVengeance Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    So I saw the movie the other day in a local little theater. It probably would of been much better on a bigger screen, but whatever. You guys are right, the movie is the concentrated essence of asskicking!

The Immortals were pretty cool, and their swords looked a lot less like katana to me on the actual movie screen. The elephants and the rhino were okay. Blade-hand guy was decent, as was ogre guy. My personal favourite was the sun-blotting arrow volleys and the line "Then we will fight in the shade" It's just so damn cool it's as if this moviescreen was injected with extract of badass!

AngelofVengeance on
  • Options
    LondonBridgeLondonBridge __BANNED USERS regular
    edited March 2007
    I have two dates this weekend, I hope I can get one of the girls to see 300 with me as I hate to see movies by myself. Luckily there isn't any chick flicks released this weekend.

Did anybody see Black Snake Moan yet? Awesome film!

LondonBridge on
  • Options
    TaximesTaximes Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    I don't know if my paper is sarcastic or retarded.

Underneath one of the pictures in their review, the caption reads: "A wounded King Leonidas roars his defiance at the Persian invaders. His force of 300 was slightly outnumbered."

O_o?

Taximes on
  • Options
    Lord JezoLord Jezo Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Poop.

IMAX is completely sold out around here for tomorrow at both theaters offering it up. NYC and Palisades Center.

There goes my Saturday plans.

Lord Jezo on
    Clipboard03.jpg
    I KISS YOU!
  • Options
    DraXXXenDraXXXen Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    A group of friends and I were at the theater last night to see an early pre-screening of 'Hot Fuzz' (BEST. COP. MOVIE. EVER) and saw we could also see an early showing of 300!

Of course we jumped at the chance, but had to kill 2 hours in between the two movies. Thusly went out for food while I got right trashed out of my mind (followed by 2 different pubs for more drinking). What it comes down to, I was able to watch the first 10 minutes of 300, and maybe about another 20 minutes of random footage during the film since I was passing in and out of drunk sleep. From what I remember seeing it was damn good ;)

I'll be seeing it again today but on an Imax theater.
    I look forward to seeing this movie again....for the first time.

DraXXXen on
    donutMachine.jpg
  • Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited March 2007
    300.JPG

Time for me to go.

Elki on
    smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    ElJeffeElJeffe Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited March 2007
    Anybody who gets to see this movie before Sunday at 6:15pm can fuck off.

Stupid mom coming up to visit.

ElJeffe on
    I submitted an entry to Lego Ideas, and if 10,000 people support me, it'll be turned into an actual Lego set!If you'd like to see and support my submission, follow this link.
  • Options
    thorgotthorgot there is special providence in the fall of a sparrowRegistered User regular
    edited March 2007
    ElJeffe wrote: »

Take her to see it.

thorgot on
    campionthorgotsig.jpg
  • Options
    tuxkamentuxkamen really took this picture. Registered User regular
    edited March 2007

Better hide the wimple and gown.

tuxkamen on

Games: Ad Astra Per Phalla | Choose Your Own Phalla
    Thus, the others all die before tuxkamen dies to the vote. Hence, tuxkamen survives, village victory.
    3DS: 2406-5451-5770
  • Options
    SithDrummerSithDrummer Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    see317 wrote: »
    AHH! wrote: »
    Really, that works to kill just about anything.
    Not the tall ogre guy, though. He just pulled it right out.

SithDrummer on
  • Options
    VeeveeVeevee WisconsinRegistered User regular
    edited March 2007
    So, I am planning a 9:15 showing tonight. Should I get tickets ahead of time or just show up?

Veevee on
  • Options
    KusuguttaiKusuguttai __BANNED USERS regular
    edited March 2007
    probably want to get tickets ahead of time, especially if you're in a more populated city.
    When I went to San Francisco to see Pan's Labyrinth on opening night, it was a 10:40 showing and it was so full we got a refund and went the next morning (which was also packed)

Kusuguttai on
  • Options
    Vincent GraysonVincent Grayson Frederick, MDRegistered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Kusuguttai wrote: »
    probably want to get tickets ahead of time, especially if you're in a more populated city.
    When I went to San Francisco to see Pan's Labyrinth on opening night, it was a 10:40 showing and it was so full we got a refund and went the next morning (which was also packed)

300 is opening much "wider" than Pan's did. Whereas Pan's Labyrinth was on like, 1 screen per city, at best, 300 is showing on at least 3 screens in the good theater in town, and 2 or 3 screens in the shitty theater in town, and my town is far from being very large.

That said, I still got mine in advance because I like walking past the lines.

Vincent Grayson on
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    The IMAX here has been sold out of tonight's showings for a couple days now, and I think most Saturday showings are either sold out our ridiculously full.

ElJeffe on
    I submitted an entry to Lego Ideas, and if 10,000 people support me, it'll be turned into an actual Lego set!If you'd like to see and support my submission, follow this link.
  • Options
    edited March 2007

300 is opening much "wider" than Pan's did. Whereas Pan's Labyrinth was on like, 1 screen per city, at best, 300 is showing on at least 3 screens in the good theater in town, and 2 or 3 screens in the shitty theater in town, and my town is far from being very large.

True, but it's still going to be just as packed, because it's wide release AND people have been hyped for this movie for-fucking-ever

Kusuguttai on
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    hahaha this review is golden:
    300 is rated R for 'RAAAAAR!' and is about as inspirational as Field of Dreams multiplied by Mr. Smith Goes to Washington, plus infinity

Kusuguttai on
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    my friends friend appears to have tickets for a regular showing but thinks she has tickets for the imax experience. unfortunately (also for me and nexus) the imax is sold out anywhere I've checked near here.

edit - I am just posting this because it sucks.

Variable on
  • Options
    VeeveeVeevee WisconsinRegistered User regular
    edited March 2007

True, but it's still going to be just as packed, because it's wide release AND people have been hyped for this movie for-fucking-ever

Town of 250,000 with 3 theaters showing the movie a total of 33 times.

I'm about to head out and get the tickets as I do not want to miss this.

Veevee on
  • Options
    MuragoMurago Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Saw it last nite. Loved it!

As far as the "historical innaccuracy" goes, anyone who goes in thinking it is a perfect analysis of the events that occured is either 8 years old or just dumb.

HOWEVER! As any educated individual should know, history is written by the winners. And somone here mentioned that Popular Media is trending to be a main source of information in todays world. FUCK THAT. That's the way it ALWAYS has been. Whoever or whatever has the mainstream audience by the balls of entertainment at that time is going to tell it from their perspective.

History as we know it is pop culture, nothing more. I don't care what medium you travel thru for info, its going to have Bias -- sorry, but welcome to the real world. Get over it.

best line in the movie (only spartan women give birth to real men).

Murago on
    Check out www.myspace.com/scarborough -- tell me what you think!
  • Options
    Vincent GraysonVincent Grayson Frederick, MDRegistered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Variable wrote: »
    my friends friend appears to have tickets for a regular showing but thinks she has tickets for the imax experience. unfortunately (also for me and nexus) the imax is sold out anywhere I've checked near here.

How could anyone get confused about that? Do you guys have a theater with both IMAX and regular screens or something?

Vincent Grayson on
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    hahaha this review is golden:
    300 is rated R for 'RAAAAAR!' and is about as inspirational as Field of Dreams multiplied by Mr. Smith Goes to Washington, plus infinity
    It's called "300" because that's how many stars it deserves. I'm sad I only have four to give.

Kusuguttai on
  • Options
    edited March 2007

How could anyone get confused about that? Do you guys have a theater with both IMAX and regular screens or something?

Maybe she bought them online? Maybe she's had a frontal lobotomy?

ElJeffe on
  • Options
    edited March 2007

Maybe she bought them online? Maybe she's had a frontal lobotomy?

it's showing a bunch of regular movies, including 300, plus 300 in imax.

yeah she's obviously a fucking idiot, I mean it's RIGHT THERE, I noticed it instantly. Very happy I'm not more than tangentially involved or I'd be pissed.

Variable on
  • Options
    RookRook Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Murago wrote: »

As far as the "historical innaccuracy" goes, anyone who goes in thinking it is a perfect analysis of the events that occured is either 8 years old or just dumb.

HOWEVER! As any educated individual should know, history is written by the winners. And somone here mentioned that Popular Media is trending to be a main source of information in todays world. FUCK THAT. That's the way it ALWAYS has been. Whoever or whatever has the mainstream audience by the balls of entertainment at that time is going to tell it from their perspective.

History as we know it is pop culture, nothing more. I don't care what medium you travel thru for info, its going to have Bias -- sorry, but welcome to the real world. Get over it.

I don't get the historical accuracy crap. I mean have people read any literature from that time? They aren't exactly known for their faithfulness to reality.

Rook on
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    Rook wrote: »

I don't get the historical accuracy crap. I mean have people read any literature from that time? They aren't exactly known for their faithfulness to reality.

bullsht. Historians have proved, motherfucking proved that Hercules fought 10 hydras, naked.

Kusuguttai on
  • Options
    edited March 2007

bullsht. Historians have proved, motherfucking proved that Hercules fought 10 hydras, naked.

Also, historians proved that there was such a thing as motherfuckin' bladehands.

thorgot on
    campionthorgotsig.jpg
  • Options
    South hostSouth host I obey without question Registered User regular
    edited March 2007

Seriously. Except my reason is that my job thinks "Hey, I need spring break off" means "Hey, I want to work spring break."

South host on
    Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment.
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    thorgot wrote: »

Also, historians proved that there was such a thing as motherfuckin' bladehands.

I would read more history books if they used the word "motherfuckin'" more often.

ElJeffe on
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    ElJeffe, I have seen the future:
    "Motherfuckin' History, Asshole!" by Kusu

it will win twelve pulitzer's and fourteen nobel prizes

Kusuguttai on
  • Options
    TaximesTaximes Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    I would read more history books if they used the word "motherfuckin'" more often.

2581f.jpg

Taximes on
  • Options
    SithDrummerSithDrummer Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    ElJeffe, I have seen the future:
    "Motherfuckin' History, Asshole!" by Kusu

it will win twelve pulitzer's and fourteen nobel prizes

And a Newbery Medal.

SithDrummer on