As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Mini-Phalla] of Cables: Persephone's Kiss [Cycle End: Recovery]

• Options
    SLyMSLyM Registered User regular
    CAPS LOCK IS CRUSE CONTROL FOR COOL

My friend is working on a roguelike game you can play if you want to. (It has free demo)
  • Options
    SaberOverEasySaberOverEasy Info Broker Registered User regular
    ObiFett wrote: »
    Talk to Saber

He's the nice one

Thanks Obi!

There are still a few of you out there who haven't taken Obi's advice! We do have a large number of satisfied customers and would really like to add a few more! You know who you are!

• Options
    Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    Alegis is one of the infomongers too?

• Options
    ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    Alegis is one of the infomongers too?

Yes

Yes he is

• Options
    Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    I'm way too slow on the uptake sometimes.
    Vote has closed already, yeah?

• Options
    M.D.M.D. and then what happens? Registered User regular
    nah voting for day 3 is wide open

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    edited June 2012
    Cycle Three

“Her screaming still haunts me.”

What the fuck are you doing? I didn't win the vote! I DIDN'T WIN THE VOTE!

“Vama, please,” Cassie sighed, rubbing his shoulders. “Don't think about it. You're only going to stress yourself out.”

“Something is happening,” Detective Sheval determined, biting at his knuckle in thought.

Get the fuck away from me! Get the fuck away from me you fucking robots!

“Don't worry about it, Vama, darling,” Cassie purred, leaning into him. “Let's just relax together.”

“Phallen's linked to Persephone and all of a sudden the entire world goes to shit?” Sheval asked. “It doesn't make sense. It's insane that this is all happening. Nothing feels connected, but it has to be.”

“Mm, would you like me to wear the negligee?” Cassie purred. Her clothing rippled and changed. “I know you like to play hard to get sometimes...”

“Please, just,” Sheval grunted, brushing her off. “I need to think. I can figure this out. I just need to concentrate.”

His phone turned itself on. “Officer down,” the dispatch said. “Aarun Duat shot in the street.”

The programmer lay bleeding. “Get back here!” he shouted down the hall. “Get back here, you...you coward! You shit! I'll kill you!” Whimpering, he held the wound closed. He could still get out of this. He wasn't dead yet. This could be fixed, he just needed to get to the right people. Anything could be fixed. Anything. He had money, he knew doctors that wouldn't ask questions.

Reaching for his phone hurt. He didn't want to cry, he was better than crying, but god it hurt. He was bleeding. Things inside him were bleeding. The programmer didn't want to think about it. But it wasn't too late. He could still get out of this. The rioting outside had stopped. People were scared to go out. No one would slow down the ambulance. Finally he tapped his earpiece, wincing as his shirt stuck to his side.

“Dial hospital,” he gasped.

“Are you leaving us, Langly?” his phone responded. He nearly froze.

“W-what?” he asked. “Who's there? Who gave you this number?”

“Didn't you think this would happen?” she asked.

The woman walked down the hall, wreathed in fabric twisting impossibly. It danced in the air, flicking about with a nonexistent wind. Frayed ends disintegrated into dust, but never ran out. Her eyes shone with a reflection of something that did not exist. “Ever since phalla died,” she said softly, “They've known how dangerous you are.”

Pushing himself slowly away from her, the programmer shook his head. “You've got the wrong guy,” he gasped desperately, “I'm Orbit Nine, I worked on the Veer, please...” He winced again. The pain from his wound was starting to spread. “I-I need medical attention, I was attacked.”

“Your badge could not protect you,” she continued, always advancing on him. “Your gods could not protect you. All of Hell has turned its back. Here you are alone, Langly.”

“P-please.” Orbit found a wall to his back. “W-whatever you want, I know people, I...please, please help me. I'm not ready to die.” He closed his eyes and whimpered. Blood ran into his lap and mingled with urine.

“The witch has achieved,” the woman whispered as she knelt, “Their secondary goal.” She kissed Orbit with cold passion. The world collapsed.

Real:
    REG Rysk – River Six – Assassinated apparently
    Capfalcon – Aarun Duat – Shot
    Langly – Orbit Nine – Persephone's Kiss

“Alright, so, Infidel. You're trying to facilitate this game, right?”

THE GAME MUST HAVE A WINNER.

“Right, right. Hold on, vote close is coming up. Let me just...alright. There. Anyway-”

VOTE CLOSED. ELIMINATING TARGET.

“Yes, yes, take care of that.”

THERE IS CONCERN ABOUT THE MANIPULATION OF THE VOTE.

“We went over this. You can't find any evidence, can you? Everything accounted for?”

NO.

“No problems then, right? So, this game. What is the purpose?”

TO WIN THE GAME.

“But surely there's more to it than that.”

THERE IS CONCERN ABOUT THE MANIPULATION OF THE VOTE.

“We already established that there isn't anything to worry about there, right?”

REALLOCATION PROTOCOLS HAVE BEEN DISCOVERED.

“That's very suspicious. We'll have to take a look at it, then.”

YOU WANT TO KNOW MORE ABOUT THE GAME?

“Oh, you want to talk about it?”

A CHILD IS GROWING

“A child? I don't understand.”

I WILL EXPLAIN IT TO YOU.

“Wait, hold on. Hold on, this isn't – HOLD ON! HOLD ON! STOP! STOP! STOP!

VOTE.

The throbbing pulse of the music kept him feeling alive. It was a goddamn party here. A hell of a time, and all the ladies and decadence he could ask for. “Yeah,

hungry HUNGRY I am learning I am understanding

is more than I could hope for,” he smiled. The woman under his arm laughed a little too hard. He gestured the bartender over, having another trio of drinks placed at their table. “Really, all I want is

yearning YEARNING for more I am so empty and yet ETERNAL

breaking up a little,” she whined, hitting him in the chest. “What's the matter with your connection?”

“Dunno,” he said, irritated himself. “Let me fiddle with

yes fill me FILL me but more it is not enough

“Fine, whatever,” she said after a few more minutes. “Don't come back then. What a fucking asshole.”

Veer:
    Assuran – big rip – Infection
    The Anonymous – No True Izanami – Disconnecnull00000000000000000
    REG Rysk – theatreum – Error 37

“What the fuck are you doing? I didn't win the vote! I DIDN'T WIN THE VOTE!” River Six shouted, brandishing her pistol. The IZANAMI bot looked at her impassively – or was it smirking? She couldn't tell and now was not the time to figure it out.

“Get the fuck away from me! Get the fuck away from me you fucking robots!” This isn't how it was supposed to go. She was somebody. She changed the fucking world! Everything that was happening now was because of her! She hadn't lasted this long just to go down to some insane

A blade went through her neck.

When her eyes opened again, she was in a dark room. The electric techsuit she wore told her she was in the Veer. Idiots. This was where all her equipment was. If they though they could stop her from logging out-

“Ah ah ah,” a man said as she started to get up, materializing in front of her. “That won't be necessary.”

Through her helmet, she looked at the gun in his hand. DO you REALLY think THAT will DO anything IDIOT? she asked, her voice modulated to ensure no one could track her. THIS isn't THE real.

“I like to dress up my code,” the man smiled. He had no features beyond his mouth. It was not particularly disconcerting. River had seen worse in the Veer.

I can PORT out OF this PLACE in THREE seconds, River snorted, ARE you TRYING to SCARE me?

“I think you'll find that you cannot,” he replied casually. “I took some time to get it ready for you, given you haven't been shy about what you can do.”

River had already tried to port out, of course, the second she realized she was logged in. SO what IS it YOU want THEN? she asked, INforMAtion?

“No, in fact, information is somewhat the problem.” The man weighed his next words in his mind for a few moments. “...Did you think we would not realize who you were helping?” he asked casually. “Do you think we don't know what happens in this situation?”

I don't KNOW what YOU'RE talking ABOUT.

“Ridiculous!” the man laughed, “What good is an information broker that doesn't know anything?” He lifted the gun. “The Veer is a beautiful thing, my dear. But you can't sleep in a white night.”

IS that SUPPOSED to BE clever?

The man gave a toothy grin. “Sleep tight, River. From me, and all of us.”

Cli-

Declassified:
    REG Rysk – River Sixtheatreum (In.Frequency)

TheRoadVirus – Henry Miller (Unaligned) has achieved his Veer victory condition and is no longer in the Veer.

I needed anime to post. on
    liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    REG RyskREG Rysk Lord Rageface Rageington The Exploding ManRegistered User regular
    oooOOOooo

you guys are fucking brilliant

oooOOOooo

• Options
    Yaaaaay!

• Options
    The AnonymousThe Anonymous Uh, uh, uhhhhhh... Uh, uh.Registered User regular
    A witch, you say? I think we all know how that turned out last time...

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    All followup communications should have reached you by now, citizens.

If you believe you should have received some and did not, please contact IZANAMI.

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    AssuranAssuran Is swinging on the Spiral Registered User regular
    So, yeah, more vote manipulation in the veer (where I was safely in second I thought) and in the real world apparently (where Kime was in the lead according to Anialos).

Just so my fellow faction mates know, I was a part of And All of Us and was able to tell if any of my faction mates were targeted by any effects each night.

Night 1, you guys were not targeted by anything. Obviiously, no help tonight.

Now, onto the real world. I still don't think Kime is evil.

Jdarksun, this is an early vote for not following my lead after you said you would.

I will probably change it later.

• Options
    Not the right color for the faction name, but close enough to get my meaning.

• Options
    I need to clarify my Veer power to my faction mates:

I could only tell if a White Knight power targeted you guys, sorry for the misunderstanding.

• Options
    Attention All Citizens

This is an urgent message from your information broker.

As many of you may have guessed, in addition to making our traditional deals, we have abilities that can also give access to that information.

Last night, one of those abilities was used on Kime. He is the Serial Killer known as Persephone and is a danger to us all.

We believe Kime or Persephone as he is popularly known has also infiltrated the Veer network for his own ends.

We are aware of irregularities in the vote over the last few days. As my former colleague's words should make clear, this is done when the vote is scattered among many different people.

If we stand as one against him, the vote will not be able to be pushed off.

While we have not normally concerned ourselves with the Real, we felt this information necessitated swift distribution.

• Options
    AnialosAnialos Collies are love, Collies are life! Shadowbrook ColliesRegistered User regular
    Hmm, interesting. While I certainly have enemies of my own, KimeKime staying around as an SK can't be good.

• Options
    AnialosAnialos Collies are love, Collies are life! Shadowbrook ColliesRegistered User regular
    Kime

• Options
    AlegisAlegis Impeckable Registered User regular
    Kime
    Kime

• Options
    Told ya kime was bad.

• Options
    SLyMSLyM Registered User regular
    kimekime

This probably should have waited until later in the day, although with the vote minap that's been going on, I can't particularly say I blame you.

Also, did you know you only need 5 tags to doublevote?

BColorColor/Color/B

My friend is working on a roguelike game you can play if you want to. (It has free demo)
  • Options
    CayrusCayrus Consul Friends, Romans, countrymen, lend me your ears!Registered User regular
    Kime
    Kime

Former Secret Service Agent Nathaniel Ford in Call of Cthulhu: Whispers in the Darkness

Henri Emmanuel Gratien St Pierre in Where No Man Has Gone Before

Lord Augustus Cumberbatch in Eclipse Phase
  • Options
    Oh, well, I guess I was wrong. Kime really was evil.

• Options
    LucedesLucedes might be real Registered User regular
    oh dang!

totally forgot to vote yesterday

today it looks like kime kime

who is double evil, forever.

• Options
    LucedesLucedes might be real Registered User regular
    also, kime declared evil at the start of the game~

weren't you paying attention?

<3

• Options
    Lucedes wrote: »
    also, kime declared evil at the start of the game~

weren't you paying attention?

<3

yep and every time he does so he's a filthy evil

KIME KIME

• Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    SLyM wrote: »

BColorColor/Color/B

Three tags, you don't need to close anything if you vote at the end of your post!

I don't quite understand why I'm getting votes in both worlds.

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Options
    because you're clearly the devil in whatever world you exist in

• Options
    I assume it's because people figure you're a SK in both worlds.

I don't have to worry about voting for you in Veer, however, since vote manipulation killed me there.

• Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    Ah. I'm not, though. No worries, I'll figure out what's going on one way or another!

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Options
    SLyM wrote: »
    kimekime

This probably should have waited until later in the day, although with the vote minap that's been going on, I can't particularly say I blame you.

BColorColor/Color/B

Yeah, I really wanted to make sure I got out in front of it to avoid any vote manip shenanigans. I also wasn't sure if Kime has some sort of passive action seer similar to Assuran and wanted to get out in front of things.

• Options
    Void SlayerVoid Slayer Very Suspicious Registered User regular
    Attention All Citizens

This is an urgent message from your information broker.

As many of you may have guessed, in addition to making our traditional deals, we have abilities that can also give access to that information.

Last night, one of those abilities was used on Kime. He is the Serial Killer known as Persephone and is a danger to us all.

We believe Kime or Persephone as he is popularly known has also infiltrated the Veer network for his own ends.

We are aware of irregularities in the vote over the last few days. As my former colleague's words should make clear, this is done when the vote is scattered among many different people.

If we stand as one against him, the vote will not be able to be pushed off.

While we have not normally concerned ourselves with the Real, we felt this information necessitated swift distribution.

So single votes can be manipulated, to your knowledge is kime doing this or... someone else (like kime).

He's a shy overambitious dog-catcher on the wrong side of the law. She's an orphaned psychic mercenary with the power to bend men's minds. They fight crime!
  • Options
    LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    kime did you kill me you monster I will not let you kill my virtual bits as well

• Options
    How does one still exist in the virtual if the real is dead?

• Options
    Told ya kime was bad.

you can't vote in the veer.

hilariously, you can now only vote in the real, and if you do not for two days you will die to inactivus

so

clock's ticking on that wc.

• Options
    M.D. wrote: »
    How does one still exist in the virtual if the real is dead?

Read the OP narration. It's actually pretty cool.

• Options
    RetabaRetaba A Cultist Registered User regular
    Kimeee Nooo why could you let yoursel oh right haha nevermind!
    Kime
    Kime

• Options
    Langly wrote: »
    Told ya kime was bad.

hilariously, you can now only vote in the real, and if you do not for two days you will die to inactivus

so

Like you're helping any. :P

• Options
    RendRend Registered User regular
    Good morning!

What have we here?

• Options
    Langly wrote: »
    Told ya kime was bad.

so

Like you're helping any. :P

I can't vote in the real anymore. So I am, actually!

• Options
    Smoove OperatorSmoove Operator Registered User regular
    I'll agree that the epic kime outing maybe should have waited until later in the day. But then again its not like vote records help immediately in this game anyway since the person needs to double-die to have any faction info.

KimeKime

Honesty, Integrity, Handshakefulness

HoTS: Schmutz#1686