Options

[Watch Dogs] GTA4 impregnates Deus Ex, while NVidia PhysX watches like a voyeur. +DRM

• Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    I dunno, it also looks relatively sparsely populated as well. And some of those nitpicking gifs have people standing right next to gunfire, pretty much ignoring it.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    It's Chicago. People shooting is like waving hello.

• Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    There needs to be a sad but true button for that comment alone Jay.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    TraceTrace GNU Terry Pratchett; GNU Gus; GNU Carrie Fisher; GNU Adam We Registered User regular
    Spoit wrote: »
    I dunno, it also looks relatively sparsely populated as well. And some of those nitpicking gifs have people standing right next to gunfire, pretty much ignoring it.

*a fish hits you*

Relatively sparsely populated in a leaked multiplayer beta?

Sounds about right.

• Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    multiplayer beta? I was talking about the marketing vids. I haven't even seen any of that multiplayer footage, I don't think

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    TraceTrace GNU Terry Pratchett; GNU Gus; GNU Carrie Fisher; GNU Adam We Registered User regular
    edited May 2014
    http://www.gamepur.com/news/14742-watch-dogs-ton-exciting-new-details-story-gameplay-graphics-and-more-twitch.html
    Story/Gameplay

Watch Dogs story seems very character driven
    Despite the view that Aiden is the typical action hero that many people seem to be worried about or have already adopted as fact, he is a deeper character than meets the eye. For example, he gets frustrated, good sense of humor, has feelings of sadness, etc. He seems to put everything behind a brawny exterior to keep himself doing the difficult things. To go further, his mission/revenge doesn't seem to be fueled by anger or rage, but because he knows he has to.
    The dialogue between characters is superb
    Some missions share similarities to Assassin's Creed and GTA, such as tailing people but the hacking aspect differentiates the game from GTA and Assassin's Creed.
    The hacking aspect puts a unique twist on the stealth gameplay because you need to also be aware of the people near your character as you're hacking a security camera for example. It adds a type of difficulty and spatial awareness to the game, which I'm a fan of, personally.
    The contextual climbing doesn't seem as clumsy as AC sometimes does, which is probably because it is no where near the same level or amount of it. With that said, there doesn't seem to be a lot of control over it on your part. For example, Aiden will automatically do a side-wall jump to climb up something big.

Graphics

Graphics/Visuals are top-notch, especially for last-gen consoles i.e Playstation 3 and Xbox 360.
    There aren't many NPCs roaming about and number of cars are also limited.
    Everything works smooth. Some cutscenes transfer seamlessly back into the gameplay.
    Jumping out of moving car aka "Ragboll Physics" is hilarious but looks pretty realistic
    Daytime isn't nearly as washed out as others would have you believe. It's pretty realistic within the city where there's a lot of shadow cast by the building, but outside of the city, it's still a little washed out and bright.

Small/Maybe Irrelevant Details

Players will be able to download songs from other people's phones
    The backyards of houses vary greatly, as well as the design of the houses.
    The outfit you choose for Aiden stays persistent through cutscenes.
    The hideouts are sick and will remind me a lot of batman, if he were a hacker and didn't wear an outfit and wasn't rich.
    The durability of cars varies depending on the type of car. Muscle cars are pretty durable because they're meant to last, for example (source is from a loading screen tip, not direct observation)
    There are Assassin's Creed Easter Eggs in the game, but not the way that you'd expect. The two series may not be in the exact same universe, but they are definitely connected as AC is represented as video games. I understand that Abstergo Entertainment supposedly makes video games. Still, they share story mechanisms just like the AC games that we play. Also, I'm not talking about the game box that's on T-Bone or Defalt's desk
    That weird rumbling start/take off for cars seems to be the wheels peeling out. My guess it's starting to drive with the trigger immediately pressed down all the way, similar to slamming the gas the moment you want to go.
    There's lots of cussing.
    At least for Xbox 360, loading times are long, even for small things like restarting at a checkpoint.

edit: This is all from a 360 version of the game that was leaked online. So take it with a grain of salt.

Trace on
  • Options
    Descendant XDescendant X Skyrim is my god now. Outpost 31Registered User regular
    edited May 2014
    Trace wrote: »

Well shit. Looks like I'll be stopping by the ol' computer shoppe on the way to work.

EDIT: Looks like it's going to cost about $350 for a new board and an i5-4440. It'll be about $30 more for a 4670. Not too bad, really. Too bad I don't have the money.

Descendant X on
    Garry: I know you gentlemen have been through a lot, but when you find the time I'd rather not spend the rest of the winter TIED TO THIS FUCKING COUCH!
  • Options
    BeltaineBeltaine BOO BOO DOO DE DOORegistered User regular
    Looks like my gaming PC will most likely run it at "Medium to High" settings and the PS4 will be running at the high settings equivalent. I was also planning on using my PS4 controller to play it on PC, so really it comes down to 180 lines of resolution being the difference.

I think I'll just pick it up for PS4.

XdDBi4F.jpg
    PSN: Beltaine-77 | Steam: beltane77 | Battle.net BadHaggis#1433
  • Options
    Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    edited May 2014
    Beltaine wrote: »
    Looks like my gaming PC will most likely run it at "Medium to High" settings and the PS4 will be running at the high settings equivalent. I was also planning on using my PS4 controller to play it on PC, so really it comes down to 180 lines of resolution being the difference.

I think I'll just pick it up for PS4.

probably 30 fps of difference as well. but in the grand scheme of things i doubt any of it really matters as long as the console versions aren't super framey.

Knight_ on
    aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    jdarksunjdarksun Struggler VARegistered User regular
    Yeah, I'm not sure I'd make the jump to ps4 for unknown performance on "high".

• Options
    Computer all the way.

I mean we're playing a hacking game here c'mon. Gotta be on the computer.

• Options
    DashuiDashui Registered User regular
    edited May 2014
    I just hope the PC version will allow for a greater draw distance. It seemed rather short in a lot of recent footage.

Dashui on
    Xbox Live, PSN & Origin: Vacorsis 3DS: 2638-0037-166
  • Options
    Snake GandhiSnake Gandhi Des Moines, IARegistered User regular
    So Gamespot posted a video of them playing Watch Dogs for an hour. I watched about 15 minutes then stopped, as that was enough to know I wanna play this game.

Favorite parts was them jacking a car only to have the lady immediately run away and start calling the cops. So they jump out, chase her down and grab her phone from her which means no cops come.

It was a little thing but seems pretty cool.

• Options
    JusticeforPlutoJusticeforPluto Registered User regular
    Computer all the way.

I mean we're playing a hacking game here c'mon. Gotta be on the computer.

Wait until Uplay gets hacked, denying access to all the pc players.

The meta circle will be complete!

• Options
    Saint JusticeSaint Justice Mercenary Mah-vel Baybee!!!Registered User regular
    If anyone is interested in purchasing a code for the digital download for PC (for less than regular price), please PM me and we can work out the details. I"ll be getting it for XB1 and playing with friends on there.

Some people play tennis, I erode the human soul. ~ Tycho
  • Options
  • Options
    LanrutconLanrutcon The LabyrinthRegistered User regular
    I know some streams are playing leaked copies atm. If someone does happen to accidentally find one: let us know how the draw distance/pop in looks on the PC version please.

Capture.jpg~original
    Currently playing: GW2 and TSW
  • Options
    No leaked PC copies.

ironically enough

• Options
  • Options
    LanrutconLanrutcon The LabyrinthRegistered User regular

Yeah, it's on a few other boards as well. Not sure how, but quite a few people seem to have PC copies already. Expect a flood of info in the next 24 hours.

Capture.jpg~original
    Currently playing: GW2 and TSW
  • Options
    SurikoSuriko AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited May 2014
    http://www.greenmangaming.com/s/au/en/pc/games/action/watch-dogs/
    Use code PT7ELX-1WPWNT-7UAGQZ
    Note: Expires 4:00 PM UTC

BANG Watch_Dogs for $37.50

Which is good because Ubisoft just hiked Australian Steam copies from US$59.95 to US$74.95.

Suriko on
  • Options
    How is it Ubisoft always has their games leaked enmasse every single time?

• Options
    GashikGashik Office Communist Registered User regular
    Self-justifcation for shitty Uplay DRM? I haven't paid much attention to the last few Ubisoft games that came out, though, so I don't know if Uplay is still horrible or not.

• Options
    No Uplay is still horrible.

although really uh

not that I'm downloading or anything because frankly I wanna play this thing online and four days isn't that bad

there's already a crack for the Uplay launcher

like this is hilarious

Ubisoft your DRM doesn't even work.

• Options
    oh god I can't help it

Ubisoft

your DRM got hacked

• Options
    klemmingklemming Registered User regular
    More or less inevitable for this game, the irony was going to be too much for anyone to resist.

Nobody remembers the singer. The song remains.
  • Options
    jefe414jefe414 "My Other Drill Hole is a Teleporter" Mechagodzilla is Best GodzillaRegistered User regular
    well I cracked after watching a little bit of a vid. I guess I'll do digital purchase release day from the Xbox store. I don't want to have to get a disk and none of the pre-order stuff really matters to me. it sucks I can't pre-order and get a digital code from MS so I can get the $15 gift card though.

Xbox Live: Jefe414
  • Options
    BeltaineBeltaine BOO BOO DOO DE DOORegistered User regular
    edited May 2014
    Suriko wrote: »
    http://www.greenmangaming.com/s/au/en/pc/games/action/watch-dogs/
    Use code PT7ELX-1WPWNT-7UAGQZ
    Note: Expires 4:00 PM UTC

BANG Watch_Dogs for $37.50

Which is good because Ubisoft just hiked Australian Steam copies from US$59.95 to US$74.95.

Yeah, that code isn't working.

EDIT: Apparently the code does not include the NA version. Bummer.

Beltaine on
    XdDBi4F.jpg
    PSN: Beltaine-77 | Steam: beltane77 | Battle.net BadHaggis#1433
  • Options
    BasilBasil Registered User regular
    edited May 2014
    "Which is good because Ubisoft just hiked Australian Steam copies from US$59.95 to US$74.95."

What in the blue fuck.

Really?

Its like Australia is a prison colony with a tax on fun.

Basil on
    9KmX8eN.jpg
  • Options
    jefe414jefe414 "My Other Drill Hole is a Teleporter" Mechagodzilla is Best GodzillaRegistered User regular
    You know, I wish this came out this week instead of the day after Memorial Day... At least I will get to play a few days before heading to Germany for a week.

TIMING

• Options
    klemmingklemming Registered User regular
    Okay, so Ubisoft have earned a few points by delivering my PC copy four days early. (because my internet is so slow, several days postage is faster than downloading it would have been)
    Is there any chance that by installing and running it now, I'll be falsely punished for pirating it?

Nobody remembers the singer. The song remains.
  • Options
    Yeah I've been seeing people getting copies really early. None of them have reported problems installing and playing.

• Options
    RetabaRetaba A Cultist Registered User regular
    Whaaatttt, D: I'm happy for you but Dang. I want to play, I wonder if a store might have it out for sale? Probably not.

• Options
    BubbyBubby Registered User regular
  • Options
    Big ClassyBig Classy Registered User regular
    I Got two weeks off work after Sunday. Gonna watch all the dogs!

• Options
    DelphinidaesDelphinidaes FFXIV: Delphi Kisaragi Registered User regular
    So interesting question because I don't know how this stuff works. I would imagine if you get the game via Uplay and not through steam it wouldn't matter in terms of multiplayer right? You could still play with people regardless of whether they have it on steam or Uplay? Or does it split the playerbase?

NNID: delphinidaes
    Official PA Forums FFXIV:ARR Free Company <GHOST> gitl.enjin.com Join us on Sargatanas!
    delphinidaes.png
  • Options
    DashuiDashui Registered User regular
    So interesting question because I don't know how this stuff works. I would imagine if you get the game via Uplay and not through steam it wouldn't matter in terms of multiplayer right? You could still play with people regardless of whether they have it on steam or Uplay? Or does it split the playerbase?

You still have to use Uplay if you buy the Steam version, so no the player bases won't be split.

Xbox Live, PSN & Origin: Vacorsis 3DS: 2638-0037-166
  • Options
    DelphinidaesDelphinidaes FFXIV: Delphi Kisaragi Registered User regular
    Dashui wrote: »

You still have to use Uplay if you buy the Steam version, so no the player bases won't be split.

Okay good. The only reason I sprung for PC was to play with my buddies and they are getting it through steam while I nabbed the GmG code instead for a good $17 off.

NNID: delphinidaes
    Official PA Forums FFXIV:ARR Free Company <GHOST> gitl.enjin.com Join us on Sargatanas!
    delphinidaes.png
  • Options
    MuffinatronMuffinatron Registered User regular
    My pre-order copy (PS4) has shipped from Amazon.

Much excite... I think. Definitely not as hyped for this as I was InFamous, though hopefully this will last longer.

PSN: Holy-Promethium
  • Options
    JeixJeix Registered User regular
    Well I ended up buying a new graphics card and it came with a copy of this game, I added it to my uplay account but nothing shows up, do we have to wait until the 27th to even install it?